Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: should I sell my 100 Bitcoin bar
sell - 21 (63.6%)
or not - 12 (36.4%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very RARE ! Casascius 100 BTC Bar. Unfunded  (Read 3376 times)
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 09:38:01 PM

Produced 2 years ago? None of the bars acknowledged in Elianite's book (which I believed you were a contributor for) mentions a Casascius 100 BTC bar mintage later than 2011. Am I reading the book incorrectly?

I think these bars are pretty cool. Low mintage and a very class cold storage option.

Does Mike sell the holograms anywhere? Can we find the holograms anywhere?

These are not normal 100B bars.  They were produced by Mike C roughly 2 yrs ago.  Bitguy to my knowledge, arranged with Mike to get these.  There were only 4 bars like this, and another 8 with the holo upside down and with a dot added on the holo.  Another one of a kind 1000B bar was made.  They were sold unfunded due to the regulation issues.

We discussed the history of these in the Encyclopedia.

Bitguy2016 and monkeynuts can chime in if they like.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 09:53:20 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2017, 10:12:03 PM by bithalo

Produced 2 years ago? None of the bars acknowledged in Elianite's book (which I believed you were a contributor for) mentions a Casascius 100 BTC bar mintage later than 2011. Am I reading the book incorrectly?

I think these bars are pretty cool. Low mintage and a very class cold storage option.

These are not normal 100B bars.  They were produced by Mike C roughly 2 yrs ago.  Bitguy to my knowledge, arranged with Mike to get these.  There were only 4 bars like this, and another 8 with the holo upside down and with a dot added on the holo.  Another one of a kind 1000B bar was made.  They were sold unfunded due to the regulation issues.

Assuming you are looking at the Encyclopedia, vs Elianite's Casascius-only COINFIRM initial pdf, this info is there.  There are dedicated pages for these bars.  1 for the 2FA 100BTC Unfunded bar (4 produced), 1 for the non-2FA 100BTC Unfunded bar (8 produced), and another for the 1000BTC Unfunded bar (1 produced).  The Year in the chart reflects when the metal bars were produced, not when it was assembled with the special holo.

Here's two pages from one of our early Encyclopedia drafts...it may not be exact to what was printed, but its all I have readily available.

Mike does not sell the holos anywhere.  

As bitguy mentioned, these were special produced and very very low mintage.    They are not the same as the regular 100 BTC bars.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:18:59 PM

I agree with all that Bithalo and bitguy are saying.  These are separate very limited runs of unfunded cas bars - and not of the standard none denomination bars. The funded bars were produced in greater numbers and can be referenced on Uberbills etc.
bitcoin420miningpools (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 10:25:24 PM

Assuming you are looking at the Encyclopedia, vs Elianite's Casascius-only COINFIRM initial pdf, this info is there.  There are dedicated pages for these bars.  1 for the 2FA 100BTC Unfunded bar (4 produced), 1 for the non-2FA 100BTC Unfunded bar (8 produced), and another for the 1000BTC Unfunded bar (1 produced).  The Year in the chart reflects when the metal bars were produced, not when it was assembled with the special holo.

Here's two pages from one of our early Encyclopedia drafts...it may not be exact to what was printed, but its all I have readily available.

As bitguy mentioned, these were special produced and very very low mintage.    They are not the same as the regular 100 BTC bars.

I may just keep and load it up
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 11:02:40 PM

I personally wouldnt load it.  I think it devalues the collectibility should you wish to resell one day.   But I also wouldn't sell it unless you get what you want you're looking for.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
Copper Member

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 10:09:32 AM

Yes, it is very nice to have this bar, thank you
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 12:31:52 PM

Quote from: bitcoin420miningpools link=topic=1786777.msg17842328#msg17842328

There are so many options to store your bitcoin, you would probably end up losing out on money in the long run if you were to do this. People would prefer an untouched bar if you ever want to sell it in future and you're more likely to get a higher premium on it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
monkeynuts
Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:39:19 PM

If you want the red dot variant to make a pair, I have one available 
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 06:07:08 AM

So when you said "produced" you weren't referring to when these bars were minted?

So these bars were minted in 2011 but funded "two years ago"? How does one know when they were funded? Which number is more significant - when the unfunded bar was created or when the unfunded bar was funded?

And you're right, I was looking at the free PDF from the coinfirm.org site.

Thanks!

Copper Member

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:41:39 AM

I have it listed at a high price on e bay,  That way I keep it.    In need of bitcoin and litecoin mininers on my solo pools  www.bitcoin420miningpools.com.   Thank you all for the info that I miss placed, after buyer the bar I got hit by a truck, just now walking and talking agin.  have a nice day
bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 01:07:20 PM

@HabBear...

Bars minted in 2011.  Holos assembled 2 yrs ago.   Never funded.

monkeynuts
Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:12:05 AM

If you want the red dot variant to make a pair, I have one available 
how much are asing ?

Drop me a PM offer
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2017, 04:54:47 PM

Ill offer you 2 BTC for it  Wink
Copper Member

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 07:36:47 PM

hi
thank you for the offer.  best offer so far is 2.4 bit coin. have a great day   bitcoin420miningpools.com  solo mining
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:12:56 AM

Serious question, was the forum account (bitcoin420miningpools) created for the purpose of selling this 100btc bar?
hello.. no I have a solo mining pool 

Thanks, I was wondering since selling such a high priced item on a new account may require you to use escrow.

I did notice on the ebay auction you have "PAYMENT BITCOIN ONLY" specified.  I wasn't aware that could be enforced and am wondering if you could provide some pointers on how you handle those transactions?

An attentive community can act as a security measure. Providing history knowledge, precise pictures, details like 118g weigth of this item.
That holo should be tamperproof.
Escrow seems advised, just how to proof the delivery process? So far there is no postal blockchain in existance.

Copper Member

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 05:46:32 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2017, 06:48:37 PM by bitcoin420miningpools

I would sell this great saving bar for 3.5 bitcoin. or just hang on to it. if any one one would like this saving bar please message me. Thank you
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:14:35 PM

Serious question, was the forum account (bitcoin420miningpools) created for the purpose of selling this 100btc bar?
hello.. no I have a solo mining pool  

Thanks, I was wondering since selling such a high priced item on a new account may require you to use escrow.

I did notice on the ebay auction you have "PAYMENT BITCOIN ONLY" specified.  I wasn't aware that could be enforced and am wondering if you could provide some pointers on how you handle those transactions?

An attentive community can act as a security measure. Providing history knowledge, precise pictures, details like 118g weigth of this item.
That holo should be tamperproof.
Escrow seems advised, just how to proof the delivery process? So far there is no postal blockchain in existance.

Even if there was a postal blockchain.... you are assuming there are no problems in the physical world.... which we all know the wonders of the USPS, UPS, and Fedex Tongue
There is no 100% proof unless the person states they have the item in hand......
Even if the delivery service states "delivered".... this is oft not proof of delivery as the package could have been scanned and left on a doorstep.... still doesn't mean that I have it in hand.
I ran into this problem recently.....  I had to wait until the person actually stated "I have the item"
Short of a restricted signature delivery to that specific person, you are still taking a chance unless you hand deliver the item yourself.

just my 2 satoshi... but what do I know.....  Wink

I ran into a similar issue the item said delivered and I never received it. I think that purchases over a certain amount should be hand delivered
Copper Member

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 01:03:16 PM

now 3 bitcoin. thank you, bitcoin420miningpools.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: