Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:06:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer - MtGoxUSD wall movement tracker - Softcore Lounge  (Read 32307 times)
Missionary

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:37:05 AM

I don't like this thread-fork. Seems like the other one has more than 51%...

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
You can find more information about my plans here: http://btcmission.com
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:42:39 AM

It had a head-start. This one is more spammable and less pruned...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Missionary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:45:47 AM

Since the other one is equally non-moderated and free as the good ol' thread, why start a new one?

I am an evangelical missionary heading to China. Donations are welcome here (dedicated wallet): 1H8iswayfTaRb6oe2WjMCRmchBJHYyfx9z
Ekaros

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 11:49:55 AM

Since the other one is equally non-moderated and free as the good ol' thread, why start a new one?

Isn't that one self-moderated?

Missionary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 11:57:52 AM

Not really:

sorry for all the confusion guys.
i will not be deleting any posts here
this is just the new thread because the old was was just too big.

thoughtfan

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:03:01 PM

I am new to watching markets of any kind so please forgive the n00b nature of this question.

During the last big run I noticed that there were constantly big minute to minute swings in the price, by big I mean it seemed to fluctuate up and down 5, 10, or even 15 dollars at a time before it would shoot up another 20. Since the "crash" I have noticed that the highs and lows are a lot closer together, there was a little bit of 5-10 dollar fluctuation right after the recovery from the 50 dollar low, but it has gotten to the point where the ticker only varies by 2 to 3 dollars at most. My gut tells me that this is a good sign, but I wonder if it really is and what does it mean exactly.

Thanks!

True there were only a couple of swing trade opportunities yesterday. One day these movements will be a thing of the past and would be expected of a mature online currency. At the extremes, price movements will be of a much larger percentage.

Long periods of sideways movement are consolidation and on the run-up to the high were generally always "fuel for the rocket".

It will be interesting to see if this happens again or whether the next general trend is upwards but cautious.

But ultimately, these things as with everything do move in cycles!

Also bear in mind a $10 fluctuation when the price was around $200 was 5% whereas at $100 is 10%.  All other things being equal (which they're not as has been suggested) one should expect fluctuations to be of half the dollar value.
ManBearPig

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 12:12:43 PM

Oops.

Implementing the unfunded orders update?

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:18:21 PM

It's back, was down for 10 seconds for me.

(BFL)^2 < 0
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:24:05 PM

the op of hardcore thread say this:

Wall Observer
A free service brought to you by the bitcoin community

Whenever there is a significant change in market depth, please update this thread with a new depth chart, and a good price chart with some TA is also welcome, feel free to comment on these if you have something to worth contributing, ( if your post is not at all TA it will be deleted )

Posting guild lines:
 Please lets keep this thread clean. ( I will be removing any off topic posts )
 Do not post random comments on this thread, unless it is directly related to the last wall update (ex. The 20K ask was was NOT sold into, it was removed after being tested)
 When you post a chart please use bitcoincharts.com, mtgoxlive.com, btccharts.com or bitcoinity.com

as requested, i have started a new thread.
this thread is now a self-moderated topic.
I will try and keep this thread clean, with only facts, current trends, past price movements, depth charts, etc.
I promise to not delete post simply because i do not agree with the bearish TA.

[...]

the rules of this thread is an attempt to keep this thread from having +1000 post when price is doing big moves, and instead relay important indicators during critical moments.

[...]

just don't be posting about your "FEELINGS" and you won't get delete.  Tongue

So it's quite different from this one (adams thread is the tracker, useful for keeping up-to-date when moves happen. It's moderated and has rules. This one is more of a lounge. all chatter allowed, no rules except forum rules apply) and I currently think both threads have valid raison d'être.

I enjoyed have one go-to place, but maybe it really does make sense to fork.

Let's just see how it plays out.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Ekaros

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:37:14 PM

I am new to watching markets of any kind so please forgive the n00b nature of this question.

During the last big run I noticed that there were constantly big minute to minute swings in the price, by big I mean it seemed to fluctuate up and down 5, 10, or even 15 dollars at a time before it would shoot up another 20. Since the "crash" I have noticed that the highs and lows are a lot closer together, there was a little bit of 5-10 dollar fluctuation right after the recovery from the 50 dollar low, but it has gotten to the point where the ticker only varies by 2 to 3 dollars at most. My gut tells me that this is a good sign, but I wonder if it really is and what does it mean exactly.

Thanks!

True there were only a couple of swing trade opportunities yesterday. One day these movements will be a thing of the past and would be expected of a mature online currency. At the extremes, price movements will be of a much larger percentage.

Long periods of sideways movement are consolidation and on the run-up to the high were generally always "fuel for the rocket".

It will be interesting to see if this happens again or whether the next general trend is upwards but cautious.

But ultimately, these things as with everything do move in cycles!

Also bear in mind a $10 fluctuation when the price was around $200 was 5% whereas at $100 is 10%.  All other things being equal (which they're not as has been suggested) one should expect fluctuations to be of half the dollar value.

On other hand I think there is different with thinking of dollar values... 10$ fluctuation is thought as pretty much same from 50 to few hundred dollars. When in reality it's from 20% to 0.5%... Human mind isn't logical... Or maybe I'm just wrong here...

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 12:41:05 PM

I think the most important part of why the thread was so filled with rants is that ppl were trying to influence others to take one particular action.

It worked very much like the btc-e trollbox.
OH I almost forgot: SELL SELL SELL!
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:14:46 PM

Mt.Gox is back on.
Ekaros

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:25:12 PM

I think the most important part of why the thread was so filled with rants is that ppl were trying to influence others to take one particular action.

I give a general idea of how to make money:
BUY SELL BUY SELL BUY SELL SELL SELL WAIT WAIT BUY BUY SELL
repeat from start.

ManBearPig

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:42:19 PM

https://www.facebook.com/MtGox/posts/458663370884742

"UPDATE: We are waiting for technical confirmation, but it appears to be another strong DDos attack. We are attacked daily, but very soon we will be transitioning to a better service that will be a major improvement. Just getting ready for implementation."

I know nothing of the server architecture but it must be that the front-end handles the trade requests and pipes them to the trade server with no external IP. So with the DDoSers (that's an appropriate name in my flavour of English) unable to lag trades, they are now attempting to deny access to trading for most people.

I did get a trade in earlier but it was incredibly slow whole Mt Gox showed no lag officially.

New week, new tactics.

dmiceman

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:45:11 PM

Yep. Gox interface not accessible. And I'm not sure if this is bearish or bullish sign.
ManBearPig

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:47:58 PM

Yep. Gox interface not accessible. And I'm not sure if this is bearish or bullish sign.

The attackers can only gain trade-wise when the price moves. With no trading ability how are people supposed to panic-sell?

Another growing pain Mt Gox.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:57:31 PM

Not really:

sorry for all the confusion guys.
i will not be deleting any posts here
this is just the new thread because the old was was just too big.

well if that ain't a bait and switch

he saw us in his rearview and changed the rules

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
molecular (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:34:22 PM

In that sense wouldn't it be bad to use a self-moderated thread for this purpose? I don't want to bash adams thread, couldn't care less where we hang out, but generally speaking, could that become a problem at some point?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 07:16:16 PM

In that sense wouldn't it be bad to use a self-moderated thread for this purpose? I don't want to bash adams thread, couldn't care less where we hang out, but generally speaking, could that become a problem at some point?

I can't see the harm if he likes to have a civilized thread here he should try.
It's a fight against the windmills imo, the majority of this whole forum is filled with it and I don't think this will change any time soon. It was just that during the end the thread got the brunt of it, for the better or worse.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 08:13:07 PM

Nearly 21 million in bids now, dare I say 100 by the morning?!

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: