Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:31:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: UFC 212: Aldo vs Holloway Info and Prediction Thread  (Read 4643 times)
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:43:39 PM

No one keeps records on the negative effects of PED's afaik but Kimbo Slice & Kevin Randleman dying prematurely at relatively young ages could be because of steroids. A lot of professional WWE/WWF wrestlers have also died young from steroid/drug abuse. I hope those who feel tempted to take steroids think twice, it can have a lot of negative long term consequences.
You really cannot confirm the death of Randleman and Kimbo is solely because of PED use,look at the fights they have being it can be because of long term trauma ,you can only speculate about it,most of the WWE starts your mentioned died young because of the drug abuse ,mainly synthetic and other drugs and a mixture of PED to ripe their body,those combinations are deadly.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1452

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:08:51 AM

@Hydrogen. I do not think so. Jose Aldo still has 5 or more years in him. Most of it may not be the big fights that he is used to but he will still continue to fight as long has he has motivation to do it. Look at Anderson and Vitor, they are over their 40's but they are still in the most competitive organization in all of MMA.

It all depends on whether Jose Aldo has abused steroids during his career.

If Aldo abused steroids, eventually he could reach a point where his heart & cardiovascular system will become damaged & negatively affect his cardio.

That could be what happened to Aldo when he fought Frankie Edgar. Aldo had to pace himself and only fought the last 1-2 minutes of each round. Frankie Edgar made the mistake of giving Aldo a lot of time and space to recover when Aldo did get tired. Max Holloway gave Aldo no time to rest and threw a lot of body shots. That could be why Aldo started to get tired in the 3rd round & he slowed down enough that Max Holloway was able to finish him.

No one keeps records on the negative effects of PED's afaik but Kimbo Slice & Kevin Randleman dying prematurely at relatively young ages could be because of steroids. A lot of professional WWE/WWF wrestlers have also died young from steroid/drug abuse. I hope those who feel tempted to take steroids think twice, it can have a lot of negative long term consequences.

Yes that is a good analogy. The Brazilians were always known to abuse steroids way back during the days of Pride FC. Shogun, Vanderlei and the some of the rest were always on it during events.

Do you think Jose Aldo over did steroid use in the UFC? Not in all his MMA career, but just in the UFC.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:18:19 AM

You really cannot confirm the death of Randleman and Kimbo is solely because of PED use,look at the fights they have being it can be because of long term trauma ,you can only speculate about it,most of the WWE starts your mentioned died young because of the drug abuse ,mainly synthetic and other drugs and a mixture of PED to ripe their body,those combinations are deadly.

There is more to it than just steroids.  Almost all fighters also have multiple concussions.  Randleman had nasty staff infections as well.

Check this out:

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:00:24 PM

Kevin Randleman's official reason of death was "pneumonia". It's too hard to know what cause it specifically.

Kimbo was a street fighter, those fights are brutal, then again he usually fucked everyone up. He was never a top professional, and Kevin got a 17–16 record so that's a lot of damage.

Nontheless pretty sure they were on the juice, but that's a standard in the sport.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:47:41 PM

@freeyourmind that is one nasty pic,was having my food when i saw that snap and voila i was about to vomit seeing that. Sad
They are professional athletes and they could not care about their body,strange attitude
@ if you are talking about drug abuse every athlete was on juice and it all started in athletics and body building and then it translated to other sports and even now Japanese promotion fighters are juiced to the gills as they want spectacle rather than a sporting event. I am not a fan of Aldo's preparation as half of his in ring bouts are over within his camp as they engage in hard sparring session like in the real fight and that could take a toll in the body and with a relative small age of 30,it looks like his reign is over.
freeyourmind

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:46:46 PM

@freeyourmind that is one nasty pic,was having my food when i saw that snap and voila i was about to vomit seeing that. Sad
They are professional athletes and they could not care about their body,strange attitude
@ if you are talking about drug abuse every athlete was on juice and it all started in athletics and body building and then it translated to other sports and even now Japanese promotion fighters are juiced to the gills as they want spectacle rather than a sporting event. I am not a fan of Aldo's preparation as half of his in ring bouts are over within his camp as they engage in hard sparring session like in the real fight and that could take a toll in the body and with a relative small age of 30,it looks like his reign is over.

lol sorry dude...I sometimes do have that effect on people  Cheesy

I think the fighters definitely do care about their bodies...however they have a very "tough" mentality at the same time, which means you're going to address issues very late.  Most of them just tough through it, and depending on the type of injury or issue they have, might work some of the time.  Other stuff definitely requires medical attention...like the staff infection he had.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:21:17 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 10:50:16 PM by SaShiRaJaVu

@freeyourmind i can understand that,having a tough mind is good,but with age and with amount of abuse a body can take depends upon individuals and there will be a point where you body wont be able to tolerate anything,toughness comes from a mental perspective ,the fact is i like smart fighters rather than being tough,one the biggest example is Mayweather,is he a boring fighter ,hell yeah,but does he take any damages during a fight,hell no,does he spar smart,hell yes,is he making a ton of money,hell yes. The most important thing to be asked is,will he be able to live a healthy life after the fight career is over and that is the biggest thing every fighter need to understand .
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:33:33 PM

@freeyourmind i can understand that,having a tough mind is good,but with age and with amount of abuse a body can take depends upon individuals and there will be a point where you body wont be able to tolerate anything,toughness comes from a mental perspective ,the fact is i like smart fighters rather than being tough,one the biggest example is Mayweather,is he a boring fighter ,hell yeah,but does he take any damages during a fight,hell no,does he spar smart,hell yes,is he making a ton of money,hell yes. The most important thing to be asked is,will he be able to live a healthy life after the fight career is over and that is the biggest think every fighter need to understand .

I agree with. There are tons of tons of Peds user but there will be a time that your body will not take it anymore.

Regarding Jose Aldo, my personal opinions say that somewhere in his career in UFC, I suspect that does PEDs in the Chad Mendes(another suspected steroids user-his body is screaming with steroids. LOL) fight. I think he likely stop using PEDs in the McGregor fight and the fight with Max Holloway.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 10:53:32 PM

Regarding Jose Aldo, my personal opinions say that somewhere in his career in UFC, I suspect that does PEDs in the Chad Mendes(another suspected steroids user-his body is screaming with steroids. LOL) fight. I think he likely stop using PEDs in the McGregor fight and the fight with Max Holloway.
You can only speculate whether he was doing that or not,with the loss to McGregor, Aldo is a different fighter,he never landed any leg kicks and his game plan for the entire fight was just stupid and it is a well known fact that Jose Aldo does not have a great stamina and that is how the match ended,he was explosive and aggressive when the busted into the scene,i would like to see that version of Aldo in future fights .

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
btc_angela

Activity: 2646
Merit: 549

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:16:26 AM

You can only speculate whether he was doing that or not,with the loss to McGregor, Aldo is a different fighter,he never landed any leg kicks and his game plan for the entire fight was just stupid and it is a well known fact that Jose Aldo does not have a great stamina and that is how the match ended,he was explosive and aggressive when the busted into the scene,i would like to see that version of Aldo in future fights .

Yes. It seems that he's lost to McGregor was still in his mind. That lost really took a tool of Jose Aldo. He is still a skilled fighter no doubt, but it looks like its more on a mental for him. Its like a skeleton on his closet really. I'm also hope that Jose Aldo can go back to his old version, but I doubt it. He needs to get a win to boost his confidence. A really good win against top player to be in the contention again.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Cazkys

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:58:26 AM

Yes. It seems that he's lost to McGregor was still in his mind. That lost really took a tool of Jose Aldo. He is still a skilled fighter no doubt, but it looks like its more on a mental for him. Its like a skeleton on his closet really. I'm also hope that Jose Aldo can go back to his old version, but I doubt it. He needs to get a win to boost his confidence. A really good win against top player to be in the contention again.

Conor McGregor already destroyed the soul of Jose Aldo as a fighter on their last match, in that day Aldo's era has ended. He came back after the that loss and fought with Frankie Edgar (win via unanimous decision), still his prime is not fading. I watched Aldo's interview after the loss to Max Holloway he said "We go down so we can get back up'", I hope to see the classic Aldo in the future.     
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:06:56 AM

There is more to it than just steroids.  Almost all fighters also have multiple concussions.  Randleman had nasty staff infections as well.

Check this out:

Eww that looks really nasty.  It's like something is eating up the flesh and working its way going inside. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
freeyourmind

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:11:34 AM

Conor McGregor already destroyed the soul of Jose Aldo as a fighter on their last match, in that day Aldo's era has ended. He came back after the that loss and fought with Frankie Edgar (win via unanimous decision), still his prime is not fading. I watched Aldo's interview after the loss to Max Holloway he said "We go down so we can get back up'", I hope to see the classic Aldo in the future.     

The other thing is they don't allow you to rehydrate with IV's after the weigh-in, and Aldo looks like he cuts a lot to make weight.  It's going to be very tough for him to climb back to the top in my opinion.  Not because I doubt his skill (although he'll have to regain his self-confidence), but because his opponents will be much more confident after seeing his vulnerability vs. before he fought Conor and he looked invincible to an opponent.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:52:45 PM

Conor will enjoy his unbeatable aura for as long as he doesn't come back into the UFC.

Honestly I think his career is over. He will fight Floyd, get 9 figures, then come back to the UFC to:

1) Fight Khabib
2) Fight Fergusson
3) Fight Woodley

All of these guys can beat him, it could be ugly if he goes into the floor with Khabib, or Woodley due the weight difference.

I hope I can be proved wrong, and if someone can prove me wrong and do incredible things then that has to be McGregor.
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:34:43 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 06:42:44 PM by Hydrogen

Do you think Jose Aldo over did steroid use in the UFC? Not in all his MMA career, but just in the UFC.

AFAIK there was no out-of-competition drug testing before USADA.

Fighters could avoid drug tests by taking 3 months when they didn't have fights scheduled to cycle steroids & other PED's, knowing they wouldn't be tested.

Looking at fighter records, those with consistent 6-8 months inbetween fights like Jose Aldo has could have abused PED's outside testing.

Kevin Randleman's official reason of death was "pneumonia". It's too hard to know what cause it specifically.

This is interesting.

I think both Kimbo and Randleman may have died due to heart complications.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 07:40:42 PM

Conor will enjoy his unbeatable aura for as long as he doesn't come back into the UFC.

Honestly I think his career is over. He will fight Floyd, get 9 figures, then come back to the UFC to:

1) Fight Khabib
2) Fight Fergusson
3) Fight Woodley

All of these guys can beat him, it could be ugly if he goes into the floor with Khabib, or Woodley due the weight difference.

I hope I can be proved wrong, and if someone can prove me wrong and do incredible things then that has to be McGregor.

I'm interested to see Connor fight Khabib. Hard core fight fans has been calling this fight to happen in more than a year. Khabib has been holding one of the longest winnings(undefeated) in the UFC. I hope Khabib can recover back and fight either Ferguson for the interim belt of fight Connor just for the sake of seeing who will be the top dog of Lightweight division.
freeyourmind

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 08:37:23 PM

1) Fight Khabib
2) Fight Fergusson
3) Fight Woodley

I'm interested to see Connor fight Khabib. Hard core fight fans has been calling this fight to happen in more than a year. Khabib has been holding one of the longest winnings(undefeated) in the UFC. I hope Khabib can recover back and fight either Ferguson for the interim belt of fight Connor just for the sake of seeing who will be the top dog of Lightweight division.

I don't think Khabib will get to fight Conor for his next fight.  Since he unfortunately had to pull out of the Ferguson fight, I think that Tony would be next in line for the title fight.  But rankings and giving the fight to who's most deserving isn't really how the UFC operates anymore, and especially with Conor.

Let's see if the Mayweather fight even happens.  I think the lightweight division will be on pause until we know whether or not that fight is going to happen.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:51:19 PM

1) Fight Khabib
2) Fight Fergusson
3) Fight Woodley

Dana White is a businessman and knows Conor McGregor is the UFC cashcow. If he fights Khabib, he is risking his cashcow. Look at Ronda Rousey, she was a solid cashcow, now her career is over.

But like I said before, all of his possible fights (that the fans want to watch) are an huge risk for Conor.

Woodley, Khabib, Ferguson... lets see how Conor handles that.
freeyourmind

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:36:52 PM

1) Fight Khabib
2) Fight Fergusson
3) Fight Woodley

Dana White is a businessman and knows Conor McGregor is the UFC cashcow. If he fights Khabib, he is risking his cashcow. Look at Ronda Rousey, she was a solid cashcow, now her career is over.

But like I said before, all of his possible fights (that the fans want to watch) are an huge risk for Conor.

Woodley, Khabib, Ferguson... lets see how Conor handles that.

That's true, but after the UFC has been sold to WME, Dana no longer has equity in the company as far as I know.  He's just an employee now that agreed to continue to run the show.  WME definitely has an objective of max revenue over being a fair sport.

In terms of Conor though...the real money is with the Mayweather fight...the other UFC fights won't be anything close to that.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1452

View Profile
June 09, 2017, 02:10:30 AM

@freeyourmind. I do not think Dana White is only like an employee now. He still has an interest of 9% of profits made by the company. He also still runs the show and has the power to make the decisions on matchmaking and other deals. 

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███