Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:15:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Nachbar90

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 01:37:23 PM

0.00027500 is broken. I'm disappointed.

Currently it´s a gamble of a few pumpsters on low volume, no need to worry. Sell order hill is sharpening and I think they are going to make it ready for a huge climb again to sell what they got out of panic sells. I wouldn´t even wonder if it is completely automated by algorithms

As I said earlier, don´t take the prices on low vol too seriously and get tricked by it, because they can be made artificially low with just a few bucks and they can change it rapidly in the other direction.

EDIT: While I wrote this post the buy order volume jumped from 370k to 700k because someone placed a buy wall! So if someone has 300+k ICN left to easily place a wall, you can imagine how he could set the price as he wants with his coins when there is a low market volume

JOIN OFFICIAL ICONOMI SLACK FOR INSTANT NEWS FROM THE TEAM - http://iconominet.herokuapp.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:42:57 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2017, 01:54:47 PM by calvinstm

ok. one for all.

https://blog.wavesplatform.com/app-tokens-revolution-cats-are-coming-bfa8e9b26ef#.r5gj7ncix
cats?

Let’s list certain approaches that should NOT be used.
You can’t promise to pay dividend to the token buyers. It’s a securities offering. If you really need to do it go to Securities and Exchange commission and file for IPO.
Tokens can’t represent equity in your company without approval from corresponding regulatory bodies. You can attach certain voting rights to them (meaning for example your users can decide on the development direction), but you can’t connect them to equity without proper legal backing.
You can’t issue tokens and promise to buy them back with a premium later. It clearly constitutes a security offering; read up on Howey test.

poloniex regulation? no trading for ICN. maybe they could trade ICNX the funds, but polo allows us user so there is the question of kind of custom asset token you are allowed to. regulatory and kraken is different to polo.

Hmm.. I'm not sure if you have an agenda, but what you've said is clearly a bit of a stretch. Honestly, I am not sure if you're trying to undermine the project or if you had mistakenly bought into the lies fabricated and perpetrated by the FUD group.  But I'd like to take this opportunity to set the records straight.

Does ICN constitute a bearer share or a registered share of Iconomi ltd in Slovenia?  Definitely not! 1. You're not eligible to vote on bylaws or any affair pertaining to the company. 2. You do not enjoy any right as a stockholder. 3. You're not eligible to become a director.. and the list goes on.  I'm sorry to say that you're not a shareholder of Iconomi or its parent company.  To me, ICN is more like a crowdfunding token and a profit-sharing plan - with no voting right or guaranteed dividend written in any official document, and nowhere mentioned on the ICO site that ICN constituted shares in the Iconomi company.  Obviously, when it comes to Crypto, there's lots of grey areas.  But calling it a company share or security offering is definitely stretching too much.  Furthermore, Iconomi has stated outright that no US participation will be allowed in ICNX/ICNP sales.  I think it is very wise of them to decide not to enter US retail market as US's protectionist monetary policies (and measures taken to prevent capital flight) are not so different from China's at the moment (a country I consider hostile to Crypto).

So whoever told you that Poloniex cannot list ICN because it violates SEC rules, I'm sorry to say that they were lying to you. This is my space, so I'm pretty sure I'm correct in this regard.  The truth is.... I'm really tired of this -- people just pull stuff out of their hats in an attempt to mislead the blind & the uneducated.  Please stop perpetuating those lies fabricated by those FUD groups.  It's just BS and nonsense.

On 2nd thought, I don't really care what you believe. If you believe the FUD, just sell your position and walk away. Simple as that.  Smiley

PS: Honestly, I'm very curious why so many FUDders seemed to be attracted to this project.  Is it possible that they might be from competing projects?  Huh Huh   There's just so many lies perpetrated by people without knowledge. I am not sure if they're doing this intentionally.

Mi

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:45:38 PM

I am unfortunately all in, more icn to own sounds nice.
Today is the conferenence, right?
The game of the whales is unfortunately too dangerous for me.
It sounds tempting now to sell and bet on it, the price goes even farther down, but that's gambling not investing, right?

How long is this game still playing, or has greed no limit?
I'm confused.
L#sk was another hope for me, but i sold to late...

Huh

What price were you all in, more than 0.004 btc? And how much did you invest? You are not a good trader, you can get the price back if you wait patiently, the team will not let you down. Easy.

...5 ico btc, ssstrounglh hodl...  Embarrassed

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 01:55:42 PM

Lower and lower, 0.00027500 is broken. I'm disappointed.

Not really man people count on BTC ETF  that news if hit hard can blow up BTC price or make it fall a bit like few times before.
I don see reason why SEC will not postpone decision once more since they play ping-pong for 3 years now...
But BTC ETF news makes it viral once again ": ) even China blocking exchanges didn't stopped it.

PS: I prefer hold becouse selling now is not best way to exit.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
puthupanth

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:03:50 PM

Angry Angry Huh Huh Huh WHY IS THIS HAPPENEING
wosch76
Legendary

Activity: 942
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:08:57 PM

thats the reason why all digital currency base on funds can not be exchange in poloniex and bittrex for ever unless US government change the law.

so do ICN

there's still Livecoin, Mercatox (both in UK) and Liqui (Ukraine) to trade ICN.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:15:42 PM

Angry Angry Huh Huh Huh WHY IS THIS HAPPENEING

This is happening because of a perfect storm of bad news for ICN.

First there was the conference in the USA where people speculated that an announcement would be made. There wasn't an announcement, in fact, ICN were prevented from speaking. This burst the hype bubble as people began to realise that OFMP wasn't going to be launched any time soon.

Next was the avalanche of fud on the BTT thread, that really didn't help.

Now we have the BTC ETF. BTC is rising fast on the back of this and will continue to rise for a few weeks yet... assuming nothing happens to change that.

ICN will likely fall a little bit more, perhaps to a $15-$20 million market cap, and it will only maintain that because of the willingness of hodlers to continue hodling.

ICN will be fine, but don't expect any significant price increases for some time yet.

XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:23:08 PM

ICN will be fine, but don't expect any significant price increases for some time yet.

Depends man how will that plays out that mean BTC ETF is not going on like was for 3 years. Smiley
Thye postpone once again.
China have locked BTC withdrawals now for next months that is 2 months.
BTCC china CEO have runned away to Canada Cheesy ...
Up and what now ? Massive BTC dump and cash goes to alts.
And ICN is for me one of best picks close to NEM, ETH, Dash, XMR to be pumped on that alt wave. ^^

Markets sometimes can trick you ^^ with your predictions.  Cool

calvinstm

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:23:49 PM

This is happening because of a perfect storm of bad news for ICN.

There wasn't an announcement, in fact, ICN were prevented from speaking.

Why do people just keep regurgitating the lies spewed by the fudders when a proof to refute the claim has already been posted?  Huh Shocked

==============

One industry leader presenting is ICONOMI, one of the first companies to raise over $10 million USD through an ICO. In the opening keynote, an ICONOMI executive will explore best practices of ICO and will predict what 2017 has in store.

“2017 is the year of ICOs. Coming off of successful raises in 2016, more and more companies are utilizing the ICO vehicle to raise funds. The conference is the perfect opportunity for interested parties to see what has transpired and what is planned for the months ahead,” said Tim Zagar, CEO and Co-founder of ICONOMI.

http://www.econotimes.com/Fintech-experts-to-focus-on-ICO-craze-at-The-Blockchain-Event-523575
ICONOMI (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:25:20 PM

1. No one was prevented from speaking at a conference! Pure lie.

2. There is no BTC ETF! It's an ongoing game waiting to happen for the past 3years - and still it didn't happen.

Get your facts straight please.
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:31:38 PM

2. There is no BTC ETF! It's an ongoing game waiting to happen for the past 3years - and still it didn't happen.

Since 3 years they were non stop postponing that moment with decision to next time this time can be same, but people have short memory they see BTC ETF can be ready this time and pumpers / speculators go in they will dump all  BTC before even news release.

Then money back to alts/ICN again : ) and whole life the same.

calvinstm

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:44:05 PM

I really hate lies.  Angry  Some of the lies are so outrageous, this FUD thing is making me sick to my stomach... so immoral..  And it would appear that it did have some sort of effect on casual investors.  I'm wondering if a reddit AMA session would help in this case. Sad Embarrassed
smartguyinthailand

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:54:01 PM

people from us are excluded from the service and thats something going to change in the future? hehehe

https://iconomi.net/terms-of-use
4. Users from the United States

Okay, I'm going to settle this question for you guys once for all. Anyone who makes a big deal out of this clearly has very little understanding & knowledge of the financial environment in the US.

In the US, regular, everyday people are barred from investing in hedge funds or participating in any high risk investment activity like angel investing (due to rules such as - SEC regulation D, section 506). Among other things, American people are also forbidden to own a multi-currency bank account or opening a financial service (trading/bank) accounts in most foreign countries.  For instance, are you aware that US residents are not allowed to use OkCoin? (most financial institutions simply would not accept US clients because of cumbersome regulations).

So you can say that the good o' USA is like a nanny state or even a police state at the moment.

In other words, regular folks in the US with little money are almost completely barred from participating in any highly profitable activity, only "accredited investors" or rich folks are allowed to do so. On the other hand, those rich folks ("accredited investors") are almost always millionaires and have access to things like hedge funds or offshore investment funds.

However, there are ways to circumvent this issue -- asset management or trust companies are allowed to make global investment.  So one way for everyday US investor to get into Iconomi is through asset management companies or offshore investment funds like I discussed earlier.  But as I said, the big money is with the fund mangers.

USA is an unusually case (you can probably make a case that it's worse than China in terms of financial freedom), so it's really not a big deal, ok?

The T&Cs don't refer to inhabitants of the US, rather it refers to all US citizens, which encompasses millions of expats. Moreover it doesn't distinguish between regular folks and accredited investors.

I suspect this isn't because regular people are locked out of high-profit investing, but rather because of FATCA. Any financial organisation serving US citizens has to report the activities of those US citizens to the US government. If they fail to comply, there is something like a 30% tax on international financial transactions coming in and out of the US.

The US is one of only two countries in the world that demands their citizens pay tax wherever they are in the world (the other is either Somalia or Sudan, i've forgotten which). So the US government is essentially forcing non-US companies into dolling out information on US accounts in order to hunt down people who aren't paying tax.

Non-US financial services avoid the headache of having to report the activities of their US clientele to the US government by denying US citizens the use of their services.

Source: I am a US citizen living in the UK.

so is it a big deal then or just FUD?
sussex

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:55:06 PM

1. Ok, I was wrong about that. This is a serious issue because I have been following ICN closely and I still missed the confirmation that ICN spoke at the conference. I apologise for being wrong -
communication needs to be better.
2. They are expecting a decision on the BTC ETF on March 11th, the BTC price rise is a speculative response to that. It may or may not happen, but the price will rise in anticipation.

I'm not a fudder, I think ICN has a great future, but the essence of what I said is right.
XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 02:58:23 PM

so is it a big deal then or just FUD?

ICONOMI is in developing state.
So starting all with US goverment reporting is not best scenario to much moeny they would put into it with not much results now.
They focus on platform that is good not on US legal problems.
THis is JUST FUD.
Think who want be under US law today Cheesy ? Even China have more freedom - irony.

Nachbar90

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 03:15:39 PM

900k buy orders back from the pumpsters (250k was it 5 hours ago)

They seem to plan driving people into "panic buys" of the coins they fuddled out of panic-selling people to make a profit (just guessing, but with that amount they could easily drive the price up to 0.0005 again)

It´s crazy, but if you don´t panic it´s quite interesting to observe the graph Kraken  Cheesy

JOIN OFFICIAL ICONOMI SLACK FOR INSTANT NEWS FROM THE TEAM - http://iconominet.herokuapp.com
calvinstm

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:23:07 PM

The T&Cs don't refer to inhabitants of the US, rather it refers to all US citizens, which encompasses millions of expats. Moreover it doesn't distinguish between regular folks and accredited investors.

I suspect this isn't because regular people are locked out of high-profit investing, but rather because of FATCA. Any financial organisation serving US citizens has to report the activities of those US citizens to the US government. If they fail to comply, there is something like a 30% tax on international financial transactions coming in and out of the US.

The US is one of only two countries in the world that demands their citizens pay tax wherever they are in the world (the other is either Somalia or Sudan, i've forgotten which). So the US government is essentially forcing non-US companies into dolling out information on US accounts in order to hunt down people who aren't paying tax.

Non-US financial services avoid the headache of having to report the activities of their US clientele to the US government by denying US citizens the use of their services.

This is almost certainly the same reason that Melonport ICO was not open to US citizens either.

Source: I am a US citizen living in the UK.

My bad. I've lumped way too many things into my statement - at one point, I was talking about high-risk investments and SEC regulations...  And later, I was talking about the difficulty for American citizens to obtain financial services in a foreign locale because of FATCA. I was just trying to make a point: US regulations can be very complicated and costly, and compliance can mean too much overhead added to the cost of doing business. That's why a lot of foreign based financial institutions & service companies choose not to enter the US market or work with US clients (even a lot of former US-based funds choose to leave the US in favor of places like Cayman).

You were correct in stating that foreign financial institutions mostly shunned US citizens nowaday because of FATCA and FBAR reporting requirements (I believe the insitutions are asked to submit detailed account info of their US clients). They just don't want the hassle, so they're avoiding US citizens altogether.

Thanks for the clarification.

Having said that, I stand by my original statement. I think Iconomi made a wise decision not to enter US retail fund market.. It's just not worth the effort since you can always attract investment from wealthy Americans by some other means. Smiley
zxdcv

Activity: 142

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 03:25:11 PM

Fear mongering still works in 2017? Didn't the Rothschild's do the same thing after they lost the war so they could buy up all of the enemies shares?
Never trade based on fear. When the ICN platform launches, I don't care if it's 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 years from now...if you get caught on the outside ICN will be damn near impossible to buy. Do you really think Kraken, a US exchange would list ICN if there was going to be an indefinite issue for US citizens? Now....you can do whatever you want to do with your ICN. I'm buying and holding. I look at Iconomi as the future version of the DOW Jones industrial fund. I'm exited and lucky to be part of this project. You do realize that out of ALL crypto currencies ICN is consistently ranked in the top 12 and at one point was in the top 10...while the product is still in Beta. I'm a REAL investor. I don't trade based on fear. Reminds me of Chinese investors dumping Bitcoin due to Government fear tactics. Nowww look...Bitcoin is close to reaching all time highs. Whoever sold is kicking themselves in the ass right now. Oh yeah...I'm up 80% in the stock market and 400% in the cryptosphere. I have balls...I don't fear dump...it always pays off. Word of advice...if the trolls say sell, BUY. They don't have your best interest at heart. They want to see you fail.  
BENBTC

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

zeth.tech

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 03:42:01 PM

this remains one of the most solid investments i have made so far, a large percentage of my portfolio is in ICONOMI and i plan on raising that.
Daparski

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 04:03:10 PM

Fear mongering still works in 2017? Didn't the Rothschild's do the same thing after they lost the war so they could buy up all of the enemies shares?
Never trade based on fear. When the ICN platform launches, I don't care if it's 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 years from now...if you get caught on the outside ICN will be damn near impossible to buy. Do you really think Kraken, a US exchange would list ICN if there was going to be an indefinite issue for US citizens? Now....you can do whatever you want to do with your ICN. I'm buying and holding. I look at Iconomi as the future version of the DOW Jones industrial fund. I'm exited and lucky to be part of this project. You do realize that out of ALL crypto currencies ICN is consistently ranked in the top 12 and at one point was in the top 10...while the product is still in Beta. I'm a REAL investor. I don't trade based on fear. Reminds me of Chinese investors dumping Bitcoin due to Government fear tactics. Nowww look...Bitcoin is close to reaching all time highs. Whoever sold is kicking themselves in the ass right now. Oh yeah...I'm up 80% in the stock market and 400% in the cryptosphere. I have balls...I don't fear dump...it always pays off. Word of advice...if the trolls say sell, BUY. They don't have your best interest at heart. They want to see you fail.  
+1
This is a long term project. The potential it has is beyond imagination. Just think about the money that let's say 5 big hedge funds are managing and compare it to the entire crypto market cap..

That's just a glimpse of the potential of a solid crypto fund managing platform
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: