Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:40:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop cloning scamcoins!  (Read 3365 times)
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 12:31:44 PM

I have to agree that pure unabashed clones are a waste of time even when created without any malicious intent.  If you have some technical improvement try to convince an existing coin to implement it first before spinning off a new coin.
Technical in what way? For instance I wanted to improve the UI a bit with more features, if I can of course, but anything more important as changing part of the protocol to do something in a different way, like PPC does proof of stake blocks, is beyond me.
Though I did want to go for increased precision, i.e less than 0.00000001.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 12:41:21 PM

Personally I think there should be a new coin every day - if that were to go on for a few weeks then no-one would ever bother looking at an alt coin again (unless it could *really* stand out from the other piles of crap being churned out).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 01:37:19 PM

Selling scamcoins is like selling magic beans. Just because some sucker will buy them doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

Turns out Jack got a good deal though, sometimes they really ARE magic beans!

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
dadrizforshizz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:07:06 PM

Selling scamcoins is like selling magic beans. Just because some sucker will buy them doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

but what if its one sucker selling it to another sucker??

you mean ripples?
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:48:51 PM

Personally I think there should be a new coin every day - if that were to go on for a few weeks then no-one would ever bother looking at an alt coin again (unless it could *really* stand out from the other piles of crap being churned out).

+1

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:53:08 PM

When they realize how difficult it is to get anyone else to mine their scamcoins, they will understand that early adopters didn't just get free money.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 04:02:05 PM

On an another level this also shows a new (post copyright/patent) way of doing things - you can copy all that you like (and are free to do so) but when the product is free in the first place unless you have something much better on offer then you simply have nothing better to offer.

I think this is something that the big copyright/patent advocates should be paying attention to (as according to their theories Bitcoin should have already been consumed by its clones).

Satoshi didn't bother to copyright or patent anything - yet no-one has been able to better it - not the kind of thing that occurs in the "we are being ripped off more than the entire economy of film making" claims of Hollywood and the "we would all be ruined" claims by the big pharma companies.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:20:47 PM

Can I not see -yet- another xcoin when I visit this subforum once per couple days? Now it's Feathercoin ....-_-;
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:21:41 PM

More like spamcoins...

deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:24:18 PM

More like spamcoins...

+1

fuck spamcoins. 

master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 06:06:08 PM

YASC. Yet Another Spam Coin.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 08:29:38 PM

One should start FairCoin FC to overtake FeatherCoin FC.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: