Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:44:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITLATTICE] A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice.org  (Read 36928 times)
Hibryda

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 09:23:31 PM

could the toroid based network protocol be a good infrastructure for replicating information on a network in general, like for example, as an alternative or a competitor to TCP/IP, BitTorrent, or IPFS?
Certainly not all network layers (because you mixed several network layers protocols in your question). In general there are attempts in the wild to use similar approach to replace p2p class protocols. BL protocol is designed to serve BL and give throughput benefits by leveraging machine learning prediction abilities, GPU boost when available (to be close to real time in reaction to changes of net topology) and alike. Thus, it's not meant to be general use protocol, however if it proves reliable and performant (and we design it with simplicity in mind) then with minor changes can be applied elsewhere.

A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice bitlattice.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinLady (OP)

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Prima Inter Pares

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 07:00:49 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2017, 11:04:27 AM by BitcoinLady

Cryptocoins depend on many concepts that should be understood before going deeper. Unfortunately, to understand it properly there is no shortcut. As to Bitlattice - a catch is that it's not a blockchain. There are common points, but mostly approach differs. So, base knowledge about computing issues can help a lot.

Our free guide 'knowledge matters' is already available on http://bitcoinwoman.com/#/knowledge/list

andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 06:04:13 AM

No test network yet?

Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2017, 07:20:27 AM

No test network yet?
No. And because it's written from scratch, with no general scheme that could be borrowed from other sources, it takes time. Surely more than 2 months that elapsed since you last asked me about the same. While we wrote prototype skeleton clients already it's still long way to have them publishable. But we are on schedule still.
I'll notify you when testnet is ready to play and hack, I'm glad that you are looking for it.

andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 06:05:53 AM

No test network yet?
No. And because it's written from scratch, with no general scheme that could be borrowed from other sources, it takes time. Surely more than 2 months that elapsed since you last asked me about the same. While we wrote prototype skeleton clients already it's still long way to have them publishable. But we are on schedule still.
I'll notify you when testnet is ready to play and hack, I'm glad that you are looking for it.

Yes, I'm very interested in lattice or tangle type of crypto. That's why I'm heavily into IOTA, Byteball and Raiblocks. I wonder what differentiates BitLattice from the ones I mentioned since you said you're starting from scratch.

Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2017, 09:27:21 AM

No test network yet?

Yes, I'm very interested in lattice or tangle type of crypto. That's why I'm heavily into IOTA, Byteball and Raiblocks. I wonder what differentiates BitLattice from the ones I mentioned since you said you're starting from scratch.
First - it's not a blockchain. Second - it has a metric structure. Most of differences I already mentioned above. Please be more specific.

informo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:20:08 PM

I am still learning about BitLattice. From how I understand it so far, BitLattice has refined some of the ideas behind Tangle and Byteball, and done so to the point that it is almost not comparable. Just like in Tangle and Byteball, transactions are appended to previous transactions, but besides that, BitLattice also organises transactions into a fixed topology (the hyper-lattice) which in itself makes it possible to build functions on top of it. The lattice is a spatial field, which means that certain types of mathematics that apply to spatial fields can be performed on top of the lattice. The possibility for lattice-based mathematics, including lattice-based cryptography, and also wave functions throughout the lattice as a spatial field for proof-of-structure, and similar things, are what is made possible with a lattice, and so yes, BitLattice appends transactions in ways that are slightly similar to Tangle and ByteBall, but it does so in ways that make all sorts of new math possible.
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:10:25 PM

Greetings Hibryda

I'm glad to see this project is still progressing - and in a nice careful way.

IMO there really is no rush to get just "something" out there on testnet.

Best work carefully and slowly through all of this so all aspects are considered as carefully as possible and the best solutions are implemented in testnet and beyond.  I can see this is absolutely groundbreaking work with little to compare or copy from.  I really can appreciate the complexities and I don't envy your job (albeit I can see the excitement of bringing this to life).

I continue to watch this project carefully and wish you all the best in your endeavors.

I look forward to having a good play around in the Bitlattice platform.

Cheers - usukan

--

--
freo

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 02:15:45 PM

Any updates on the progress of this project?  Is there an ICO in sight?

BitcoinLady (OP)

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Prima Inter Pares

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 01:26:56 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2017, 12:23:55 PM by BitcoinLady

As to updates -
https://twitter.com/Hibryda/status/896166039456591872
https://twitter.com/Hibryda/status/896168702235869184

As to ICO - it's possible that at the end of this year we'll run limited scale public ICO just to popularize the idea, but first we intend to publish whitepaper together with working prototype.

freo

Activity: 205

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:13:18 PM

Ok, thanks i will look forward to the whitepaper and pre-ICO later in the year.

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:44:45 PM

Ok, thanks i will look forward to the whitepaper and pre-ICO later in the year.

Same here. Following this project with great interest.
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 04:09:27 PM

No new development? So sad. DAG chains are the future I believe.

wtfc360

Activity: 137

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:13:54 PM

Don't be sad, be happy, cause we're on schedule. Development is in progress. And testing. And coding.
We plan to release Bitlattice at the end of this year or early next year.
Absence of information here doesn't mean nothing is being developed, only that all focus is on development.
Be patient. We won't rush.
informo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 04:11:18 PM

No new development? So sad. DAG chains are the future I believe.

BitLattice is a post-blockchain system, so its not a chain. The chain structure is limited, blockchains for example have to let a single node add hundreds of transactions at a time, into a block, to prevent collisions that would occur if all nodes appended transactions simultaneously, and so proof-of-work or proof-of-stake is used to introduce a bottleneck. In BitLattice, because the lattice has not just one position for new transactions (the next element in a chain) but thousands or millions in a vast multidimensional lattice, how I've understood it is that nodes can work in parallel, and then synchronise with one another while adding new transactions in parallel, all at once, through a toroidal network where replication of transactions is very very fast.

So since BitLattice is not a chain, the probability of collisions when appending transactions are very small (whereas in a chain the probability is near 100%) and so almost insignificant.

(this is my interpretation of why BitLattice is not a chain, and what the benefits of that are, it may not be accurate)
andreibi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 10:37:03 PM

Interesting. Raiblocks has blocklattice which is DAG in a way I guess. Then there is Xtrabytes with something, which I suppose is similar to Toroidal Network Topology. But Xtrabytes has to prove itself first.
This seems to take it a step further.

I have spoken to one of the avid fans of Raiblocks, they say Raiblocks isn't DAG but looking at the whitepaper, it certainly looks like DAG. I'm a bit confused with why they say that.

wtfc360

Activity: 137

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:48:21 AM

So, no update for some time, just wanted to let you know that Hibryda has now implemented fully homomorphic encrypted entities into bitlattice.
Hibryda is still coding and developing.
btcdee

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:26:01 PM

So, no update for some time, just wanted to let you know that Hibryda has now implemented fully homomorphic encrypted entities into bitlattice.
Hibryda is still coding and developing.
Thanks for the update. Does this mean that Bitlattice will implement zero knowledge proof (or similar) transactions?
Hibryda

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 07:37:08 AM

The answer is both yes and hmm - alike, as the scheme is a little weird because it requires upfront size estimation to ensure providing an answer without breaking a sequence of encryption and thus it does not fit in exact definitions.

btcdee

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:33:15 PM

The answer is both yes and hmm - alike, as the scheme is a little weird because it requires upfront size estimation to ensure providing an answer without breaking a sequence of encryption and thus it does not fit in exact definitions.
Thanks for your answer  Smiley
Your concept of a post-blockchain multidimensional 'neural-like' network is beyond just intriguing. I will eagerly await more updates and details from you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: