Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pcie 1 to 3 Port 1X Switch Multiplier HUB Riser. Which motherboard works.  (Read 9700 times)
jstefanop
Legendary

Activity: 2093
Merit: 1396

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 11:16:55 PM

Im done with this snake-oil thread.

jstefanop Has not followed through with any promises of info.... which is the only reason I keep checking this thread for a honest answer.

Good troll my friend.   PM me if anything real hits the table, till then, I am done reading this garbage.

Im sure theres many others in the same boat as I am.

Woah there...this is exactly why I don't like announcing anything until I'm ready. I simply made a few posts about what I'm working on, and ill announce when its ready. I got caught up with the whole Litecoin fiasco in the past two weeks so I fell a bit behind, and I shouldn't have posted about getting more info out.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 03:33:10 AM

jstefanop Has not followed through with any promises of info.... which is the only reason I keep checking this thread for a honest answer.

Good troll my friend.   PM me if anything real hits the table, till then, I am done reading this garbage.

Woah there...this is exactly why I don't like announcing anything until I'm ready. I simply made a few posts about what I'm working on, and ill announce when its ready. I got caught up with the whole Litecoin fiasco in the past two weeks so I fell a bit behind, and I shouldn't have posted about getting more info out.

Again;  not going out of my way to down you;  but you did say things that you simply did not follow through on:
more than once.  So yeah.  No breath being held and I chose to be vocal about it....  Usually something like that stimulated progress anyways. (in one way or another)

You should easily be able to understand our/my dismay at your postings in this thread for the reasons I have stated;  and I did unwatch this thread, but was about to scroll past it in the sub-forum and took a peek.

-Al

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
reelen

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 04:44:45 AM

Please do not worry about impatient and rude individuals. You are doing something awesome for the mining community which I know I will personally very much appreciate once completed.

Yes it would have been nice to get an update that you are behind, but life happens and you also don't owe us anything. By all means I will be happy to take their spot in testing or being your customer.

deadsix

Activity: 751
Merit: 517

Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:00:46 AM

Wow you are such an entitled jerk aren't you. He doesn't owe anyone anything, its not like he put it up for prebooking and now is failing to deliver.
He has been pretty clear that its something in development, and you, while of no use to the community yourself, proceed to take a piss at him for trying.
Filth like you hurts innovation and stinks up forums in general. Go crawl back into your hole and cry about it if you want, but dont bring it here.

Ethereum/Zcash/Monero Mining Bangalore https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1703592
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2017, 07:14:21 AM

My reply wasn't about being in a pissing match, and I am sorry that so many feelings are fragile when a simple truthful comment was made.

If someone promises an answer;  It's not being "entitled" to something owed no?

*SMH* I never once asked for anything....  Did I?

I stated that I was upset that we were being lead on, and I am through with it and I am turned off by it... especially when it happened a second time in a row.

I didn't belittle anyone;  I didn't flip off the rocker... unlike some replies above mine.

Sorry for simply speaking truth and stating facts.  Sorry for being realistic.
Yes;  I apologize for others faults as well as my own.... someone should.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

reelen

Activity: 189

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 07:53:40 AM

I wasn't going to directly address you, but come on man there is no need for being rude, sarcastic, and not even telling the truth about your own words.

Sorry for simply speaking truth and stating facts.  Sorry for being realistic.

You aren't.

I didn't belittle anyone;  I didn't flip off the rocker... unlike some replies above mine.

But not just one page earlier, you state the following:

Quote from: JaredKaragen

You call the thread snake-oil.

Quote from: JaredKaragen

Then you call Jstefanop a troll and that this is garbage.  That to me, is belittling, rude, and quite uncalled for.  Please move on from the thread if you aren't interested, but there isn't the need to soil the good will we have here in the community by failing to understand things happen in life and that people aren't perfect.
kiaas

Activity: 42
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 08:32:18 PM

I for one am going to watch this thread, then just wait, and hope.
I've seen a  lot of mostly working projects that vanish because the community ends up being toxic (which I see jared is trying for), so I won't put -too- much hope in though.
cryptominer420

Activity: 450
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 02:31:00 AM

@jstefanop I for one appreciate the innovation that you are trying to bring to fruition and would be interested in some form of donation address to specifically support your project. Alternatively if you have any form of pricing estimate a BTC address for a possible pre-order.

╖   ╓╖╖                         ╖╖╖ ,
  ▒   ╢▒,@▒▒▒║ ╓╣╝║║*╢  ╢▒╣ ],`]░╢▒▒╖ ▒ ╥╢▒▒▒╢  @╝╢▒
  Ñ▒▒]▒▒` ]`╢║▒╣▒╢▒▒  ╢▒╝▒▒▒  ╢▒╜║▒▒▒╢▒╜  ╢╢║N
 ║╢   ▒▒╜ ║▒▒╢▒▒@@╢▒║  ╢▒╜ ▒ ╙▒▒,║░▒╣ ▒║ ╢▒▒╢▒▒▒»@╢@@╢╜

▬▬  A Miner Built Mining Platform  ▬▬[/url]
Powered by Our Mining Community

zeftcool

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 04:21:19 AM

i'm using gigabyte am2+ and am3 old motherboard just about 25-30usd(not new) in here
it have 5 pcie and i'm using 1 to 3 multiplier so all is 7 gpu
and it's all work fine Grin,all x4 procesor.
i have asrock btc it just can boot with 7 gpu too,cannot boot if i add 8 gpu,no mather what procesor i put on it.
i have asus rampage black edition too(expensive one),it just support i7 procesor,it has 6 pcie,using 1 to 3 multiplier it can boot 8gpu.
biostar 990fxa am3 it have 4 pcie..i can add 2x 1 to 3  Grin..but it just can boot 7 too,cannot boot if i add 8.
the most i can add gpu is in z170 asus(expensive too),if i'm using celeron it just can boot 7 gpu,if i'm using i7..i can add 2 of 1to3 multiplier and it's working all.
so until now if i build new rig,i just using the gigabyte old one,it's very cheap hahaha  Grin

asus rampage black can you mine with 8?

yes i can mine it with 8 with linux
in windows 10 it detect 8 gpu but 1 of them is error 43,i try multi gpu app it's still only work 7 in windows
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 06:33:39 PM

<concatenated text>

I did state facts;  and gave a real world opinion...  you obviously did not understand the context of what was said form both parties prior to my statement that seems to have hit a sensitive nerve.  I suggest trying to understand the flavorful manner of which I write.  It's not simple 3-5 letter words and foul mouthed rants.  Do some legwork if you desire to validate.  Just a few clicks away.

Calling a thread "snake oil"; which is another way of saying "false claim": is not belittling someone.  It's literally describing a thread with a metaphor to describe the false claims that were made.   Might I suggest a link: Here.  It's a good way to understand these things.   (now that right there is actually belittling someone, only if I know for a fact you do know how to use google).  Please don't cut off your nose to spite your face.  It doesn't hurt the others, it just affects how they perceive you.

I called him a troll for leading people on twice... and specifically for using the term two weeks.  Do the math if you have been on this site long enough (maybe not?  I don't care to look at this point).  It should be easy for any veteran of this site to understand why it would be said: (BF public sales anyone?).  I, also in the same paragraph, describe that if anything real hits the table he can PM me if he desires.  I also didn't state that it was the opinion of everyone. (are you gonna misinterpret and try and twist the 'many people' phrase now?)  This paragraph should be blatantly understandable to the laymen veteran of this forum.

Again:
Sorry that being real, honest and upfront about the above mentioned issues was considered an attack.   Imagine if people actually followed through with what they said on this site:  The site would be perfect and everyone would be painting rainbow unicorns; as well as rich beyond their wildest dreams.  Well, nearly.

I never once downed a project that wasn't an answer to the OP.  I supported it.  
I didn't down him for his project,  I downed the method of sharing and lack of congruence (which does happen, but not usually repeatedly).  
If you can't handle bad feedback, why care about good feedback?

This is why nowadays things like this and politics go horribly bad real quick:  people get too hurt about a simple opinion; which is usually supposed to give inspiration to another viewpoint which is affecting one or many people and pointing towards a problem.  If you can't work with bad feedback in the slightest for a rudimentary action such as proper information delivery:  how can you be expected to improve or sell a product/service?

By the means of sharing it, it seems like it won't be open-source... so this concept/manner of thinking is very much applicable.  
Anyways if it is open-source;  what kind of logic is it to be secretive about something that's going to be public anyways?
Wouldn't the public help and input make a better project/product in the end?

On topic reply to the OP and others clicking here wondering about the 1-3 risers:
I have tried 1-3 splitters on many new and old boards (intel and AMD)... and they have generally worked like a charm with any PCIE capable board.  At the very least, I have always been able to get 4 cards minimum working on a board with only 2 slots and an embedded CPU in a mini-ITX lenovo format.  I haven't tried more than 5 GPU on many of those boards though, because the rigs were all smaller (4-5 gpu).  The customers didn't want to spend that much on a 6+ card machine back then... plus wattage requirements were a bit steeper. YMMV.

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:06:27 PM

<concatenated text>

I did state facts;  and gave a real world opinion...  you obviously did not understand the context of what was said form both parties prior to my statement that seems to have hit a sensitive nerve.  I suggest trying to understand the flavorful manner of which I write.  It's not simple 3-5 letter words and foul mouthed rants.  Do some legwork if you desire to validate.  Just a few clicks away.

Calling a thread "snake oil"; which is another way of saying "false claim": is not belittling someone.  It's literally describing a thread with a metaphor to describe the false claims that were made.   Might I suggest a link: Here.  It's a good way to understand these things.   (now that right there is actually belittling someone, only if I know for a fact you do know how to use google).  Please don't cut off your nose to spite your face.  It doesn't hurt the others, it just affects how they perceive you.

I called him a troll for leading people on twice... and specifically for using the term two weeks.  Do the math if you have been on this site long enough (maybe not?  I don't care to look at this point).  It should be easy for any veteran of this site to understand why it would be said: (BF public sales anyone?).  I, also in the same paragraph, describe that if anything real hits the table he can PM me if he desires.  I also didn't state that it was the opinion of everyone. (are you gonna misinterpret and try and twist the 'many people' phrase now?)  This paragraph should be blatantly understandable to the laymen veteran of this forum.

Again:
Sorry that being real, honest and upfront about the above mentioned issues was considered an attack.   Imagine if people actually followed through with what they said on this site:  The site would be perfect and everyone would be painting rainbow unicorns; as well as rich beyond their wildest dreams.  Well, nearly.

I never once downed a project that wasn't an answer to the OP.  I supported it.  
I didn't down him for his project,  I downed the method of sharing and lack of congruence (which does happen, but not usually repeatedly).  
If you can't handle bad feedback, why care about good feedback?

This is why nowadays things like this and politics go horribly bad real quick:  people get too hurt about a simple opinion; which is usually supposed to give inspiration to another viewpoint which is affecting one or many people and pointing towards a problem.  If you can't work with bad feedback in the slightest for a rudimentary action such as proper information delivery:  how can you be expected to improve or sell a product/service?

By the means of sharing it, it seems like it won't be open-source... so this concept/manner of thinking is very much applicable.  
Anyways if it is open-source;  what kind of logic is it to be secretive about something that's going to be public anyways?
Wouldn't the public help and input make a better project/product in the end?

On topic reply to the OP and others clicking here wondering about the 1-3 risers:
I have tried 1-3 splitters on many new and old boards (intel and AMD)... and they have generally worked like a charm with any PCIE capable board.  At the very least, I have always been able to get 4 cards minimum working on a board with only 2 slots and an embedded CPU in a mini-ITX lenovo format.  I haven't tried more than 5 GPU on many of those boards though, because the rigs were all smaller (4-5 gpu).  The customers didn't want to spend that much on a 6+ card machine back then... plus wattage requirements were a bit steeper. YMMV.

Total Bore-off  Cheesy
bughatti

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:56:18 PM

Let's get back to topic of this thread.  Can anyone share what 1x3 multiplier they are using that works, I went back through all 4 pages and unless I scrolled to fast, I do not see any suggestions.  I tried one from Amazon a couple months ago and it didn't work, I sent it back.  Would be nice to have the ability to get these 40-60 dollar boards and use a 1x3 on it for 6 or 7 gpu's. Im not looking for 8+, really don't care about anything higher than 6 tbh.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 02:17:00 AM

Let's get back to topic of this thread.  Can anyone share what 1x3 multiplier they are using that works, I went back through all 4 pages and unless I scrolled to fast, I do not see any suggestions.  I tried one from Amazon a couple months ago and it didn't work, I sent it back.  Would be nice to have the ability to get these 40-60 dollar boards and use a 1x3 on it for 6 or 7 gpu's. Im not looking for 8+, really don't care about anything higher than 6 tbh.

The 1-3x expanders do work;  the way they work is in a passive sense;  like a USB hub adds more USB ports;  its just based on the PCIE archetecture instead.

AFAIK, I haven't heard of one of the readily available chinese devices that doesn't do its job.  If it doesn't add the extra PCIE "port", you probably have those system bus resources tied up in other devices (onboard devices, or add-in devices).

I know two people that have used them to expand a mini-itx board from 2 ports into 4 for miners.   No issues yet.  They are just kind of clunky how the part that plugs into the PCIE slot on the mainboard is shaped... makes you have to work around it.

Something like This

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 02:52:19 AM

Please do not worry about impatient and rude individuals. You are doing something awesome for the mining community which I know I will personally very much appreciate once completed.

Yes it would have been nice to get an update that you are behind, but life happens and you also don't owe us anything. By all means I will be happy to take their spot in testing or being your customer.

I think you missed this one Reelen.... The simple fact is that jstefanop has multiple posts where he "has" things and "is" going to share them.  The simple fact is that he is attention seeking and has no intention of releasing anything unless it is affiliated with someone like BitWorks and a HUGE markup.   

Don't hold your breath waiting....
cryptominer420

Activity: 450
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:53:20 AM

Let's get back to topic of this thread.  Can anyone share what 1x3 multiplier they are using that works, I went back through all 4 pages and unless I scrolled to fast, I do not see any suggestions.  I tried one from Amazon a couple months ago and it didn't work, I sent it back.  Would be nice to have the ability to get these 40-60 dollar boards and use a 1x3 on it for 6 or 7 gpu's. Im not looking for 8+, really don't care about anything higher than 6 tbh.

I have one from amazon on all my mining rigs
Rig setups
4 PCIE slot HP 775 Motherboards (Bought them in bulk for $55 each with CPU and Memory)
Core 2 Duo E8400 CPU's
4GB DDR2 Memory
60GB SSD
Windows 10 Anniversary with all windows Callback/Update features disabled after initial miner setup.
1 1x to 3 1x multiplier from amazon
I have disabled everything in the bios that I can including usb as I use ps/2 KVM's allowing me to make the 4 slot motherboard run 6 cards
If you miss disabling one item in bios then one of the cards will no longer work.

╖   ╓╖╖                         ╖╖╖ ,
  ▒   ╢▒,@▒▒▒║ ╓╣╝║║*╢  ╢▒╣ ],`]░╢▒▒╖ ▒ ╥╢▒▒▒╢  @╝╢▒
  Ñ▒▒]▒▒` ]`╢║▒╣▒╢▒▒  ╢▒╝▒▒▒  ╢▒╜║▒▒▒╢▒╜  ╢╢║N
 ║╢   ▒▒╜ ║▒▒╢▒▒@@╢▒║  ╢▒╜ ▒ ╙▒▒,║░▒╣ ▒║ ╢▒▒╢▒▒▒»@╢@@╢╜

▬▬  A Miner Built Mining Platform  ▬▬[/url]