Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:25:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZERO - fork of Zcash with harder mining params  (Read 131821 times)
buzzkillb

Activity: 1021
Merit: 324

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:38:38 AM

interesting....so this coin requires a seperate bat per GPU, but does it use a single miner?

I just had problems getting it to not crash with a single .bat for multiple 1070's. My one directory has the miner and multiple single .bats for each card slot. Worth a try to see if it crashes for you running the GPU's all together.
dballz789

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:43:41 AM

ah i see, so you just write something in the bat file to target ie: gpu0, 1 etc. Im running 1070's also. Once i get enough for a zen masternode might swtich to zero hehe
buzzkillb

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:27:34 AM

ah i see, so you just write something in the bat file to target ie: gpu0, 1 etc. Im running 1070's also. Once i get enough for a zen masternode might swtich to zero hehe

Yeah so slot 0 gets 0.bat, slot 1 gets 1.bat, etc. It works and never crashed on me. Its a fun coin to mine, and no idea if its worth mining right now. At the time I was hopping between this HUSH and ZEN.
matejbilahora

Activity: 1418
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:50:27 AM

interesting....so this coin requires a seperate bat per GPU, but does it use a single miner?
If you mine with AMD gpus, you just need one bat for all gpus and there is no problem. Only Nvidia gpus are causing some problems.
buzzkillb

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:54:50 AM

If you mine with AMD gpus, you just need one bat for all gpus and there is no problem. Only Nvidia gpus are causing some problems.

I would hope someone picked that up as I posted about using my 1070's and 1080's to mine with. Nvidia wise its probably similar to ETH. 1070's are best.
igotek

Activity: 2086
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 10:23:49 AM

i m getting GPU rejected shares warning. but no problem on mining hush, zcl , zec , zen.
This problem only on mining zero.
i use EBWF miner. NVIDIA GTX1070

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
igotek

Activity: 2086
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 10:36:11 AM

i m getting GPU rejected shares warning. but no problem on mining hush, zcl , zec , zen.

you can use only optiminer-zero software for zero
not other mining software

source
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1896901.0
https://github.com/Optiminer/OptiminerZero

Smiley

GTX1070 8GB is ok. But the mining softwarwe see only 3 gpu. it doesnt see 6 graphic cards.

How about GTX1060 3GB ?

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
mintminty59

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:51:17 AM

sadly I could not get this working with Z-Nomp

Share rejected: {"job":"ccd5","ip":"::ffff:192.168.0.2","worker":"t1R5TVagDosPEwM1u2HKqJVFvivAiZ32djN","difficulty":0.05,"error":"incorrect size of solution"}

which is a shame really, I am using the optiminer

mintminty59

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:08:56 AM

sadly I could not get this working with Z-Nomp

Share rejected: {"job":"ccd5","ip":"::ffff:192.168.0.2","worker":"t1R5TVagDosPEwM1u2HKqJVFvivAiZ32djN","difficulty":0.05,"error":"incorrect size of solution"}

which is a shame really, I am using the optiminer

dont worry
I can assure you it works,
there are also others who use z-nomp

you have a pm
 Wink

No thank you! I am not paying someone to code a pool so I can solo mine. I have my Z-Nomp running fine on all the other equihash algo if you want to offer advice on how to fix it great then I will mine it, otherwise I will stick to coins I can actually solo mine.

mintminty59

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:14:59 AM

well excuse me for wanting to solo mine your coin ffs! you know what forget it I send my 200 rig hash rate somewhere else! and by way keeping a node open 24/7 would have benefited you instead of trying to monopolise and charge me for coding something to solo mine your coin.

mintminty59

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:17:34 AM

I am fully aware of that

mintminty59

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:25:08 AM

well excuse me for wanting to solo mine your coin ffs! you know what forget it I send my 200 rig hash rate somewhere else! and by way keeping a node open 24/7 would have benefited you instead of trying to monopolise and charge me for coding something to solo mine your coin.

apart from that
That's not my coin.

it belongs to the community
you are free in your decision

Grin

All you had to do was point me in the direction of where I could fix my Z-Nomp instead of trying to profit from it when you need miners for this to work. IN fact your arrogance is slightly insulting.

buzzkillb

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:35:00 AM

I don't know why someone posted this coin in that mining thread with a screenshot. Makes it really confusing for someone new coming into this coin.

This isn't equihash or working with EBWF miner. Cool
mintminty59

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:36:58 AM

my friend, I don't even profit from anything.

I've been working on this project every day for free for 2 months.
at least 10 hours a day
but if you write here this and it doesn't work and they offer you help, it's clear that if a programmer helps you to be rewarded

We really don't need to discuss any further.
If I had an attitude like you, I'd have to finish my job right now.

I hope no one here will help you.

Grin

you are not getting what I am saying, I dont want a programmer to fix it for me I am looking to be *POINTED* in the direction of where I can fix it myself I am also not disputing the amount of time you are apparently working on it. I can assure you are not doing that out of kindness of your heart either and have probably been given or are earning a nice wedge for your trouble. If no one will help me getting it working thats fine I wont lose any sleep over it because there is hardly a shortage of coins wanting hash rate. And it has to be said the majority of them are more than willing to help people overcome barriers to using it. Equihash is my favorite algo it always will be, and I want a full set of coins working on my Z-Nomp to support that fact. and before you say it, its only my own rigs that use it. It is not open to the public to make money on. Perhaps in the future I might open it up with no fees attached just to give something back.

matejbilahora

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:43:56 AM

I don't know why someone posted this coin in that mining thread with a screenshot. Makes it really confusing for someone new coming into this coin.

This isn't equihash or working with EBWF miner. Cool
This is equihash, but with much better parameters. That is why one needs different miner.
suncoin180

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:57:31 AM

Every aspect is perfect, now is the need for popularity and time accumulation, I will wait for his zero outbreak

mintminty59

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:03:16 PM

at least 10 hours a day
but if you write here this and it doesn't work and they offer you help, it's clear that if a programmer helps you to be rewarded

Grin

you are not getting what I am saying, I dont want a programmer to fix it for me I am looking to be *POINTED* in the direction of where I can fix it myself I am also not disputing the amount of time you are apparently working on it. I can assure you are not doing that out of kindness of your heart either and have probably been given or are earning a nice wedge for your trouble. If no one will help me getting it working thats fine I wont lose any sleep over it because there is hardly a shortage of coins wanting hash rate. And it has to be said the majority of them are more than willing to help people overcome barriers to using it. Equihash is my favorite algo it always will be, and I want a full set of coins working on my Z-Nomp to support that fact. and before you say it, its only my own rigs that use it. It is not open to the public to make money on. Perhaps in the future I might open it up with no fees attached just to give something back.

I already heard you correctly.
you're looking for someone to tell you how to get z-nomp to work.
so that you can operate solo mining alone
best all this for free

without involving the Community
and now you're trying to sell me your believable opinion
I don't want to talk to you anymore.

Roll Eyes

what do you mean without involving the community, if I can get mine to work then I will pass that information on. How does offering to charge me to fix it involving the community exactly? I am not going to put a pool online to the public until I know it works, because having other peoples coins in your wallet is a big resposability I dont want at the current time. I don't understand why you are making this so difficult

matejbilahora

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:10:26 PM

at least 10 hours a day

Grin

best all this for free

Roll Eyes

what do you mean without involving the community, if I can get mine to work then I will pass that information on. How does offering to charge me to fix it involving the community exactly? I am not going to put a pool online to the public until I know it works, because having other peoples coins in your wallet is a big resposability I dont want at the current time. I don't understand why you are making this so difficult
Hey Minty, there is nothing difficult. If you want mine Zero than just download the only working Optiminer and you are just fine. Sorry but you can use only 8gb and 4gb cards. If you want something simpler than continue mining Zcash and do not beg here for help setting up your Znomp that is not going to work as Zero is using modified params for better results. Zero will not work with cards below 4gb, that is one thing each has to understand. And by the way, if you would have read the first page of Zero thread, you will find all required info.
mintminty59

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:19:54 PM

at least 10 hours a day

Grin

best all this for free

Roll Eyes

Hey Minty, there is nothing difficult. If you want mine Zero than just download the only working Optiminer and you are just fine. Sorry but you can use only 8gb and 4gb cards. If you want something simpler than continue mining Zcash and do not beg here for help setting up your Znomp that is not going to work as Zero is using modified params for better results. Zero will not work with cards below 4gb, that is one thing each has to understand. And by the way, if you would have read the first page of Zero thread, you will find all required info.

Hello there, I understood the K and N values have been changed, and I own 11GB cards. I like a challange which is why I want to get this to work Smiley I guess I only wanted to know where in the Znomp code these parametors are set. I have been using the OPT miner as I realise EBWF wont work. I know its a simple fix on the stratum probably.

matejbilahora

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:36:15 PM

at least 10 hours a day

Grin

best all this for free

Roll Eyes

Hello there, I understood the K and N values have been changed, and I own 11GB cards. I like a challange which is why I want to get this to work Smiley I guess I only wanted to know where in the Znomp code these parametors are set. I have been using the OPT miner as I realise EBWF wont work. I know its a simple fix on the stratum probably.
Zero will not work with other miner than only with Optiminer which is modified and works without problems. Other miners are not working at the moment. We are lucky that we are not the same equihash params as Zcash because Zero is much better.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: