Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:49:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GROUPBUY 4 - closed  (Read 11830 times)
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:55:57 PM

oooh built in profit switching?

can you post some screenshots of the UI showing this?
Yes, I would like to know more about what you mean by this.  If mining on nicehash can it switch between algorithms  X11 / X13 / X14 / X15 / Quark / Qubit automatically based on profitability?

That is my understanding that it works that way.  I could be wrong, but I thought I also read someplace here and on a Nicehash post online about this feature. 

I have had mine briefly switch between the algo's on Nicehash once or twice now since I have had it.  I don't know if it was due to Nicehash X11 briefly interrupted or if it was profit switching.  But hopefully more experienced people can chime in on this feature.  It could be I am misunderstanding what I read. Wouldn't be the first time.   Grin

alucard20724

Activity: 703
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:22:09 PM

Here's the page to set it up for NiceHash

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=news&id=114

and here's the page to set it up for MiningPoolHub

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472510.msg16019833#msg16019833

I've had no problems with miningpoolhub, but when it auto switching on NiceHash, i ended up with extremely high reject percentages when it switched from x11 to qubit or quark.

so post your finding.

also, i'm just running the minis
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:44:34 PM

can i connect the psu directly to the asic with a 2 x 8 pin?
Longsnowsm

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:51:51 PM

can i connect the psu directly yo the asic with a 2 x 8 pin?

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:03:06 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2017, 03:34:30 PM by Amph

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.

i connected it but the light went out...i hope it's not faulty i connected directly the 2 8 pin to the above 8 pin slot

well it doesn't work anymore wasted money...it was indeed faulty, i connected everything correctly, but when i switched off the psu it cut off the power
Quakenet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:50:49 PM

I just baught 10 Giants from Baikal and i must say their customer service is really nice. You feel taken care off and everything went smooth from start to finish. I asked alot of question and they replied really fast in an orderly fashion. Now im just waiting for shipping parcel information.

Keep up the good work you guys at Baikal. I will be ordering alot more from you in the near future Smiley

Best Regards Happy Hashing co in Norway
Longsnowsm

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:09:41 PM

Yes, that is how I had mine setup until I started using the splitters last night to run two miners from one PSU.  You can connect the 8 pin connectors to the miner directly.

i connected it but the light went out...i hope it's not faulty i connected directly the 2 8 pin to the above 8 pin slot

well it doesn't work anymore wasted money...it was indeed faulty, i connected everything correctly, but when i switched off the psu it cut off the power

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors. 

1. The USB from the controller to the first board. 
2. The Serial cable from one board to the other. 
3. 1 PCIE power connection to each board. 
4. Make sure to plug in the power cord into the orange pi. 

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface. 

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:24:21 PM

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors.  

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface.  

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

stand alone connected only to the miner and the electric socket, why i need to jump the mobo? the psu is not connected to the mobo

i followed the video, connected correctly the usb, the serial cable and everything, then i connected the 2x8 pin from the psu directly to the 2x8 slot in the miner, is this correct?

because they send you the yellow splitter which has only one 6 x pin female and two per 6 pin to connect to the miner

i followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI&t=197s, but instead of the yellow cable with 6x2pin, i plugged directly the psu pcie cable into the miner, maybe this is wrong? but i can't think of why it should be
M1n0r

Activity: 87

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:11:31 PM

Hello
I receved my miner this morning and directly mine Dash after check what to mine.
But what is the best dash pool that you recommend ? I start with super nova.
The giant look good easy to plug after watching the video. I was surprised that the noise is not so loud.
lenart_o

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:46:21 PM

My 7 giants has just arrived. But only with 6 sets of cable.
Wrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
I got my miners today
You are lucky guy Smiley
I got 5 with 1 set of cable Sad
now I wainting for response from Baikal
Longsnowsm

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:06:24 PM

Are you using a stand alone PSU or one that is in another rig?  If you are using a stand alone PSU did you remember to jumper the mobo connector pins so that the PSU will run stand alone?  Other than that all I can recommend is to double check all your connectors.  

When you first power it on you should see flashing lights on both of the boards while everything passes the POST checks and then start to bring the boards online.  This takes a couple of minutes to complete.  Once they are sync'd and hashing the lights on both boards with stay turned on solid.  You should also see a red light on the orange pi controller, and of course link and data lights on your network interface.  

Those are my checklist items I can offer.  If those don't work then reach out to Baikal and I am sure they will get you fixed up.

stand alone connected only to the miner and the electric socket, why i need to jump the mobo? the psu is not connected to the mobo

i followed the video, connected correctly the usb, the serial cable and everything, then i connected the 2x8 pin from the psu directly to the 2x8 slot in the miner, is this correct?

because they send you the yellow splitter which has only one 6 x pin female and two per 6 pin to connect to the miner

i followed this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqykCdIuMJI&t=197s, but instead of the yellow cable with 6x2pin, i plugged directly the psu pcie cable into the miner, maybe this is wrong? but i can't think of why it should be

Unless you have a PSU that can run without the motherboard connected you need to plug in the mobo cable and jumper 2 of the pins to fool the PSU into thinking it is connected to a mobo. Otherwise it will not power up.  
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:08:03 PM

Unless you have a PSU that can run without the motherboard connected you need to plug in the mobo cable and jumper 2 of the pins to fool the PSU into thinking it is connected to a mobo. Otherwise it will not power up.  

what are the psu that can run without a mobo?
Longsnowsm

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:11:27 PM

what are the psu that can run without a mobo?

That I don't know.  I have seen references to including "diagnostic" plugs to jumper the PSU at the plug instead of connecting the mobo cable.  I have seen some references to a swtich on some PSU's.  However all of my PSU's all require me to jumper the mobo cable to trick the PSU.  Once you do that it will then allow you to power it up. 
Longsnowsm

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:17:56 PM

Here is the paperclip trick.  It is pretty simple, and you don't need to go crazy taping it up like this guy did.  Your simply closing the circuit so that the PSU thinks the mobo is connected.

http://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:24:25 PM

Here is the paperclip trick.  It is pretty simple, and you don't need to go crazy taping it up like this guy did.  Your simply closing the circuit so that the PSU thinks the mobo is connected.

you can also buy jumpers for PSU theyre cheap

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Longsnowsm

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:25:19 PM

Grin True, just not as cheap as a paperclip! LOL
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:40:37 PM

Grin True, just not as cheap as a paperclip! LOL

lol too true... all about the ROI

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:44:42 PM

ok everything work good, but in the configuration it let not save the pool
Longsnowsm

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:51:15 PM

That is great news!  Glad you were able to get it working. 

The pool configuration screen is a little confusing at first.  They have a BUNCH of pre-made pools in there so you can switch them rapidly and can save the config as a backup.  But once you play around in there you will get the hang of it pretty quick.

Remove the ones you don't want, and to add the ones you do want.  With the preconfigured pools you click on the section on the left for the groups of preconfigured pools and they will show up in the list on the right.  You just plug in your own id/pass combo which makes it very fast and easy to do.  And you set the priority in which you want to use them.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:36:16 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2017, 08:10:07 PM by Amph

That is great news!  Glad you were able to get it working.  

The pool configuration screen is a little confusing at first.  They have a BUNCH of pre-made pools in there so you can switch them rapidly and can save the config as a backup.  But once you play around in there you will get the hang of it pretty quick.

Remove the ones you don't want, and to add the ones you do want.  With the preconfigured pools you click on the section on the left for the groups of preconfigured pools and they will show up in the list on the right.  You just plug in your own id/pass combo which makes it very fast and easy to do.  And you set the priority in which you want to use them.

yeah i deleted everything and re-added mine now it look more clean

too bad there is no solo mining with this, can come in handy with new coin, i'm talking with baikal for this, they said that perhaps there is a way
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: