Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:07:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 07:57:47 PM

If you do not embrace any religion in this world, then you are living in this world for what? what the purpose of your life in this world if you do not believe in any religion?
BCTBF

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 04:16:17 AM

If you do not embrace any religion in this world, then you are living in this world for what? what the purpose of your life in this world if you do not believe in any religion?

The most basic purpose of life is to pass on your genes to the next generation  (or not).

The purpose of any lifeform is to live and see their offspring live.

That is how life sustains itself.

You can make your life useful to others, you can enjoy it.  You might as well.  You only got one life after all.

whether you believe in the existence of heaven and hell?
BCTBF

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:52:40 PM

The most basic purpose of life is to pass on your genes to the next generation  (or not).

You can make your life useful to others, you can enjoy it.  You might as well.  You only got one life after all.

The nature does not care if you believe in hell or heaven. Earthquakes and hurricanes happen no matter what you believe.

Species survive or go extinct no matter if you believe in Ra, Zeus or more recently in Jesus.

what you ever have a problem? how do you solve the problem? Do you not care with the problems you are currently facing? problem is a test, so earthquakes etc it was is a test. then why there Mosque, Church, Temple, Shrine, Pagoda, Synagogue. What are they doing there? what they expect there? if they are not expecting paradise? then why there a place of worship if you do not believe in the existence of heaven and hell? Do you know the "faith"?
Narosya

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 05:31:06 AM

The nature does not care if you believe in hell or heaven. Earthquakes and hurricanes happen no matter what you believe.

Species survive or go extinct no matter if you believe in Ra, Zeus or more recently in Jesus.

what you ever have a problem? how do you solve the problem? Do you not care with the problems you are currently facing? problem is a test, so earthquakes etc it was is a test. then why there Mosque, Church, Temple, Shrine, Pagoda, Synagogue. What are they doing there? what they expect there? if they are not expecting paradise? then why there a place of worship if you do not believe in the existence of heaven and hell? Do you know the "faith"?
True faith is hard to know. Everyone believes in his own way. It seems to me that even atheists believe in something, only they do not realize and reject the very faith. I am sure that a believer can always live with dignity and experience many problems, not just floods or other ills.
Altas

Activity: 366
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:05:42 AM

Science cannot give answer for everything in this word and universe, but religions give answer for all including the problem of life after death. So, many people believe in religion. People thing religion is the only remedy for problems. 
BCTBF

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 08:24:13 AM

Science cannot give answer for everything in this word and universe, but religions give answer for all including the problem of life after death. So, many people believe in religion. People thing religion is the only remedy for problems. 
yours exactly what I said above, these are the words of people who have faith. until now I still wonder why there are people who do not care about the natural disaster etc., as someone said above. Roll Eyes
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:30:04 PM

If you have a problem, you use that thing between your eyes to solve it.

People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.
This need to have answers to everything is well ingraied in all of us.

Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

The sad reality is that there is no heaven or hell.  I wish they were.  Some of the fucked up Muslim followers (ISIS or Sharia Law sympatizers) or Christian pedophiles should definetly go to hell.  But unfortunately we all die and decompose, whether you are a saint or an ISIS executioner.

People came up with science to console themselves that they will never be able to fill in the gaps.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Drowzy

Activity: 149

ZZzzzzzzz..

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 03:56:47 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

I think this is because it gives them comfort when confronting death. Their deaths and their loved ones. I think it makes people feel good about dying instead of trying to stave it off for as long as possible and living healthy lives. With religion you can treat your people like shit and they will just hope for something better in the afterlife.
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 10:37:57 PM

for me religion can teach us good moral and Worship God people who believe in God that created us has posible to be a good man and to be a positive people to any strugle that come with us i believe prayer and worship God can help overcome problems thats way i believe in religion
mamichula

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:05:40 PM

Because people are born confused. You're a baby that knows nothing of why things are the way they are. A good percentage of them will go to what makes them feel comfortable.
ustradebitcoin

Activity: 287
Merit: 251

I will buy your altcoin leave me a msg .

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 12:29:38 AM

People believe in God for a variety of reasons.  One is that is how they were raised; their parents believed in God and taught them to also.  Another reason is that people don't want to be alone in the universe; it is comforting to know that there is a higher force directing things, and that it is not all just random chaos.  The idea of a soul, of some form of life before and after death here on earth, is a very comforting one that, to a lot of people, makes more sense than being random creations of a soulless universe.  Other reasons for belief in God is that they have felt his presence in their lives, through guidance, manifestations of his spirit, or some sort of witness or revelation that he exists.

Evidence for God's existence is more tricky.  Scientists have tried to find evidence and often fall short.  On the other hand, some scientists believe that the mere existence of the complex human being is evidence alone-that nothing other than a supreme being could have invented such things as the human eye, for example. The kind of proof or evidence that exists in support of a God is the more internal proof felt in the heart.  People have felt, in their hearts, a witness of God, and that is their proof.

In religion, "scientific proof" isn't necessary if one has faith.  Faith is believing in something that you can't see.  Faith is at the core of most religious belief, and for some, leads to assurance, calm, peace, and those further witnesses that I have been talking about.  To get into a scientific argument about God's existence is a difficult and often fruitless endeavor.  Ask anyone who has felt in their hearts that he is real though, and that is proof beyond all doubt for them.
yellow1

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:53:45 AM

people believe in religion based on their beliefs and based in their faith...each of everyone they grow based on their religion in our daily life..we believe whatsoever that the problem has come to our life in everytime there is  a problem to lean ...Some of us believe in almigthy God thats why everyone believe in religion ...
coszy

Activity: 270

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:47:21 AM

people believe in religion based on their beliefs and based in their faith...each of everyone they grow based on their religion in our daily life..we believe whatsoever that the problem has come to our life in everytime there is  a problem to lean ...Some of us believe in almigthy God thats why everyone believe in religion ...
Each of us believes that he wants to believe and it's just not clear why everyone wants to impose their beliefs on others. Although I understand that a person always needs to believe in something. I have already seen more than once in my life that people turn to religion when they are ill or have got into a hopeless situation.
stats

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:58:41 AM

If you have a problem, you use that thing between your eyes to solve it.

People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.

Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

The sad reality is that there is no heaven or hell.  I wish they were.  Some of the fucked up Muslim followers (ISIS or Sharia Law sympatizers) or Christian pedophiles should definetly go to hell.  But unfortunately we all die and decompose, whether you are a saint or an ISIS executioner.

People came up with science to console themselves that they will never be able to fill in the gaps.

Cool

People turn to science for answers that their faith cannot give them as their religion has too many gaps.

Science fills those gaps and what gaps are not filled are being researched.
BCTBF

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:14:05 AM

1> If you have a problem, you use that thing between your eyes to solve it.

2> People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.

3> Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

Cool

4> People turn to science for answers that their faith cannot give them as their religion has too many gaps.

1> If you only use the eye to resolve the problem, I think the problem will not be completed if you just see/staring problem with an eye. lol

2> Not everyone came up with the concept of 'God(s)', as I have found in the post above "someone does not care about the natural disasters" people like it not have religion and faith.

3> Heaven and hell it exist. ISIS are not Muslims, ISIS is a terrorist organization. Terrorists are organizations that do not understand the true meaning of jihad. Everyone can follow ISIS and everyone can join with ISIS, why everyone can enter ISIS? because ISIS is a terrorist organization. ISIS not RELIGIOUS.

4> for me, this kind of thing is no need to be researched. lol
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:09:46 AM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.
my high self make me to believe that something is wrong with religions and religion is The root of deception in the world. People call Christianity religion but I don't think christian is a religion but away of life. Love has proved to be the most potent force on earth but religion abandoned love especially christian which is the teaching of our lord Jesus Christ. They are now pursuit fames, prosperity and miracle.
lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 10:57:22 AM

my high self make me to believe that something is wrong with religions and religion is The root of deception in the world. People call Christianity religion but I don't think christian is a religion but away of life. Love has proved to be the most potent force on earth but religion abandoned love especially christian which is the teaching of our lord Jesus Christ. They are now pursuit fames, prosperity and miracle.
For all the time the existence of religion can be many examples, when the church did very bad things. Remember only the sacred Inquisition, which destroyed all who are intelligent or think about something else. This applies to the Catholic Church, but Orthodoxy probably is not better.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:43:55 AM

Christianity is not a religion but this refers to the movement or way of life following the teachings and values of Christ. But when we talk about Christianity there are many forms and doctrines and that is where religions enter. Religion is an organized system that relays and interprets the teachings of Christ to the people. Religion becomes our guide towards the path where Jesus wants us to go.
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 11:46:02 AM

Christianity is not a religion but this refers to the movement or way of life following the teachings and values of Christ. But when we talk about Christianity there are many forms and doctrines and that is where religions enter. Religion is an organized system that relays and interprets the teachings of Christ to the people. Religion becomes our guide towards the path where Jesus wants us to go.

How do you know what Jesus wants?

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2017, 11:59:00 AM

1> If you have a problem, you use that thing between your eyes to solve it.

2> People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.

3> Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

Cool

4> People turn to science for answers that their faith cannot give them as their religion has too many gaps.

1> If you only use the eye to resolve the problem, I think the problem will not be completed if you just see/staring problem with an eye. lol

2> Not everyone came up with the concept of 'God(s)', as I have found in the post above "someone does not care about the natural disasters" people like it not have religion and faith.

3> Heaven and hell it exist. ISIS are not Muslims, ISIS is a terrorist organization. Terrorists are organizations that do not understand the true meaning of jihad. Everyone can follow ISIS and everyone can join with ISIS, why everyone can enter ISIS? because ISIS is a terrorist organization. ISIS not RELIGIOUS.

4> for me, this kind of thing is no need to be researched. lol

Are you kidding me? ISIS is as Muslim as your fucking prophet Muhammad.  No need to takiyya anyone here.  These guys implement Sharia Law in all conquered lands, just like your Mohammed did.

ISIS are the real Muslims you are not.  Once they get to where you live your head will be on the stick.

If you truly believe in what you are saying I know you are not a Muslim, but if you just takiyya us, I perfectly understand.

Either way, if you believe in any of that 6th century ideology, you are not mentally well.  Good luck.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: