Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
Veider_lord

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:27:15 PM

Before God appeared there were so many murders and robberies. Therefore, the government decided to come up with God for the management of people.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:30:04 PM

If you do not embrace any religion in this world, then you are living in this world for what? what the purpose of your life in this world if you do not believe in any religion?

The most basic purpose of life is to pass on your genes to the next generation  (or not).

The purpose of any lifeform is to live and see their offspring live.

That is how life sustains itself.

You can make your life useful to others, you can enjoy it.  You might as well.  You only got one life after all.

whether you believe in the existence of heaven and hell?

The nature does not care if you believe in hell or heaven. Earthquakes and hurricanes happen no matter what you believe.

Species survive or go extinct no matter if you believe in Ra, Zeus or more recently in Jesus.

what you ever have a problem? how do you solve the problem? Do you not care with the problems you are currently facing? problem is a test, so earthquakes etc it was is a test. then why there Mosque, Church, Temple, Shrine, Pagoda, Synagogue. What are they doing there? what they expect there? if they are not expecting paradise? then why there a place of worship if you do not believe in the existence of heaven and hell? Do you know the "faith"?

If you have a problem, you use that thing between your eyes to solve it.

People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.
This need to have answers to everything is well ingraied in all of us.

Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

The sad reality is that there is no heaven or hell.  I wish they were.  Some of the fucked up Muslim followers (ISIS or Sharia Law sympatizers) or Christian pedophiles should definetly go to hell.  But unfortunately we all die and decompose, whether you are a saint or an ISIS executioner.

People came up with science to console themselves that they will never be able to fill in the gaps.

Cool

People turn to science for answers that their faith cannot give them as their religion has too many gaps.

Science fills those gaps and what gaps are not filled are being researched.

Science has created way more gaps than it has filled. Ask any knowledgeable scientist. He'll tell you that for every answer we find, a dozen more questions are brought to light. This is more like creating gaps than filling them.

When science can give people 500 years of life in good health, then it might be starting into important areas. Science can barely see molecules of air that it has captured in the lab. They don't really have even a clue as to how to track a particular, specific molecule of wind as it travels around the world. Science essentially knows nothing. It will take science a thousand years just to start to really know anything.

Wake up. Science has given a false hope to people. It has deluded people, and dragged them away from the real hope that is found in religion which creates none of these deluded states in people.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 12:43:25 PM

If you do not embrace any religion in this world, then you are living in this world for what? what the purpose of your life in this world if you do not believe in any religion?

The most basic purpose of life is to pass on your genes to the next generation  (or not).

You can make your life useful to others, you can enjoy it.  You might as well.  You only got one life after all.

The nature does not care if you believe in hell or heaven. Earthquakes and hurricanes happen no matter what you believe.

Species survive or go extinct no matter if you believe in Ra, Zeus or more recently in Jesus.

what you ever have a problem? how do you solve the problem? Do you not care with the problems you are currently facing? problem is a test, so earthquakes etc it was is a test. then why there Mosque, Church, Temple, Shrine, Pagoda, Synagogue. What are they doing there? what they expect there? if they are not expecting paradise? then why there a place of worship if you do not believe in the existence of heaven and hell? Do you know the "faith"?
1> If you have a problem, you use that thing between your eyes to solve it.

2> People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.

3> Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

The sad reality is that there is no heaven or hell.  I wish they were.  Some of the fucked up Muslim followers (ISIS or Sharia Law sympatizers) or Christian pedophiles should definetly go to hell.  But unfortunately we all die and decompose, whether you are a saint or an ISIS executioner.

People came up with science to console themselves that they will never be able to fill in the gaps.

Cool

4> People turn to science for answers that their faith cannot give them as their religion has too many gaps.

1> If you only use the eye to resolve the problem, I think the problem will not be completed if you just see/staring problem with an eye. lol

2> Not everyone came up with the concept of 'God(s)', as I have found in the post above "someone does not care about the natural disasters" people like it not have religion and faith.

3> Heaven and hell it exist. ISIS are not Muslims, ISIS is a terrorist organization. Terrorists are organizations that do not understand the true meaning of jihad. Everyone can follow ISIS and everyone can join with ISIS, why everyone can enter ISIS? because ISIS is a terrorist organization. ISIS not RELIGIOUS.

4> for me, this kind of thing is no need to be researched. lol

Are you kidding me? ISIS is as Muslim as your fucking prophet Muhammad.  No need to takiyya anyone here.  These guys implement Sharia Law in all conquered lands, just like your Mohammed did.

ISIS are the real Muslims you are not.  Once they get to where you live your head will be on the stick.

If you truly believe in what you are saying I know you are not a Muslim, but if you just takiyya us, I perfectly understand.

Either way, if you believe in any of that 6th century ideology, you are not mentally well.  Good luck.

you stupid or what? after I spoke at length here you think I'm TAQIYYA?! LOL. ISIS is terrorist organization so all religions can be a member of ISIS. I just laugh when Muslims regarded as ISIS, LOL.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:01:48 PM

2> People came up with the concept of 'God(s)' to fill up the gaps in the understanding of how the nature works.

3> Some of us fill this need with imaginary concepts, others sit down and try to investigate, reason out the solutions.

Cool

4> People turn to science for answers that their faith cannot give them as their religion has too many gaps.

1> If you only use the eye to resolve the problem, I think the problem will not be completed if you just see/staring problem with an eye. lol

2> Not everyone came up with the concept of 'God(s)', as I have found in the post above "someone does not care about the natural disasters" people like it not have religion and faith.

3> Heaven and hell it exist. ISIS are not Muslims, ISIS is a terrorist organization. Terrorists are organizations that do not understand the true meaning of jihad. Everyone can follow ISIS and everyone can join with ISIS, why everyone can enter ISIS? because ISIS is a terrorist organization. ISIS not RELIGIOUS.

Are you kidding me? ISIS is as Muslim as your fucking prophet Muhammad.  No need to takiyya anyone here.  These guys implement Sharia Law in all conquered lands, just like your Mohammed did.

ISIS are the real Muslims you are not.  Once they get to where you live your head will be on the stick.

If you truly believe in what you are saying I know you are not a Muslim, but if you just takiyya us, I perfectly understand.

Either way, if you believe in any of that 6th century ideology, you are not mentally well.  Good luck.

you stupid or what? after I spoke at length here you think I'm TAQIYYA?! LOL. ISIS is terrorist organization so all religions can be a member of ISIS. I just laugh when Muslims regarded as ISIS, LOL.

ISIS follows the words of the Koran way better than your average Muslim.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BCTBF

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:39:09 PM

Cool

Cool

ISIS wrong in understanding the purpose of understanding the Quran, they assess the word "jihad" is still in a raw state, so they're going the wrong way / astray, they thought to be terrorists is a form of jihad, actually not. terrorism is barbarity and cruelty on this earth, not a Muslim.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 01:58:11 PM

Cool

Cool

ISIS wrong in understanding the purpose of understanding the Quran, they assess the word "jihad" is still in a raw state, so they're going the wrong way / astray, they thought to be terrorists is a form of jihad, actually not. terrorism is barbarity and cruelty on this earth, not a Muslim.

No, ISIS has a correct understanding.

The words of the Koran are being expressed incorrectly by your Islamic clerics. They do this because they know that the war that the Koran demands would destroy Islam if it were done.

In the Koran, there is peace for Muslims. There is temporary peace for non-Muslims while Muslims are trying to convert them to Islam. Then, if the people won't convert to Islam, death to the infidels.

See http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm.

Cool

stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:02:57 PM

Cool

Cool

The words of the Koran are being expressed incorrectly by your Islamic clerics. They do this because they know that the war that the Koran demands would destroy Islam if it were done.

In the Koran, there is peace for Muslims. There is temporary peace for non-Muslims while Muslims are trying to convert them to Islam. Then, if the people won't convert to Islam, death to the infidels.

Cool

Wow..... no different to the christian bible:

Deuteronomy 13 states:  "If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you".
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:15:28 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Deuteronomy 13 states:  "If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a sign or wonder, 2 and if the sign or wonder spoken of takes place, and the prophet says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” 3 you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The Lord your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. 4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. 5 That prophet or dreamer must be put to death for inciting rebellion against the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery. That prophet or dreamer tried to turn you from the way the Lord your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you".

Again, your reading comprehension is lacking. However, in this case I think that you are simply very upset that you don't have anything that can match the understanding and knowledge that i show exists all around us. So, you lash our wildly in any way you can.

You are only hurting the little bit of credibility you might have left. Your choice, however.

Cool

stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:17:35 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Again, your reading comprehension is lacking. However, in this case I think that you are simply very upset that you don't have anything that can match the understanding and knowledge that i show exists all around us. So, you lash our wildly in any way you can.

You are only hurting the little bit of credibility you might have left. Your choice, however.

Cool

My reading is fine.

Your understanding is lacking.

Both religious holy books talk about killing infidels.

Your delusional comments are hurting you BADecker. You have no credibility left and you are hurting.
BCTBF

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:32:23 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I do not agree with this article, the article you provide is articles that are clearly wrong in understanding the Quran. Now I know why many people who hate Islam. it turns out those who have been accused of Islam as terrorists, they have been poisoned by the articles misguided and very misleading. they do not know the exact contents of Quran so easily deceived by the articles of garbage like that. It's very tragic.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 02:40:29 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

I do not agree with this article, the article you provide is articles that are clearly wrong in understanding the Quran. Now I know why many people who hate Islam. it turns out those who have been accused of Islam as terrorists, they have been poisoned by the articles misguided and very misleading. they do not know the exact contents of Quran so easily deceived by the articles of garbage like that. It's very tragic.

It sounds like you are someone who has been brainwashed by the Islamic clerics so that you can see the Koran violence directives right in front of you, and still say that they are not there.

Cool

BCTBF

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 03:21:54 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

It sounds like you are someone who has been brainwashed by the Islamic clerics so that you can see the Koran violence directives right in front of you, and still say that they are not there.

Cool

you always prejudiced and judgmental people offhand, you accuse me as a person whose brain has been washed, it's a joke haha, with frontal you judging me "as if" you are right, LOL. I can also accuse or judge you with what I like, but I do not want to, why? because in Islam we are not taught to bad things like that, any little thing like that also is forbidden in Islam let alone war. LOL, I'm sure there is no religion that teaches for battle or war.
Gogsy

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 04:24:30 PM

I don't know why people believe in religion (especially in today's world with the all information available few mouse clicks away) but I think it's their right to believe in whatever they want. For example I was raised in a family where my mother has been christian and my father has been atheist. Until I was 17 I believed in God and Jesus but after reading many books and documentaries I stopped believing. And it was on my own. Nobody forced me to believe or not to believe.

The most important thing is that whatever you believe in does not harm anyone. As long as you keep it for yourself and for your own spiritual good I don't see any problem. I know my mother finds strength in her belief so why would I try to convince her to stop believing.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:17:20 PM

I don't know why people believe in religion (especially in today's world with the all information available few mouse clicks away) but I think it's their right to believe in whatever they want. For example I was raised in a family where my mother has been christian and my father has been atheist. Until I was 17 I believed in God and Jesus but after reading many books and documentaries I stopped believing. And it was on my own. Nobody forced me to believe or not to believe.

The most important thing is that whatever you believe in does not harm anyone. As long as you keep it for yourself and for your own spiritual good I don't see any problem. I know my mother finds strength in her belief so why would I try to convince her to stop believing.

I think that many people search for purpose in their life.
I believe also in the spiritual reality, not just physical.
Yes, scientists can create many ''nice'' things and our life is better now than before, but still many people feel''empty'' and without purpose of life.
Do you think that technology or science can give us purpose of life?
Or help us find ''inner'' peace in our mind?
I don't think so.
When we talk about God, we are talking about spiritual reality, and science can't help us in this area.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
JengoFF_n0

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:17:36 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.
my high self make me to believe that something is wrong with religions and religion is The root of deception in the world. People call Christianity religion but I don't think christian is a religion but away of life. Love has proved to be the most potent force on earth but religion abandoned love especially christian which is the teaching of our lord Jesus Christ. They are now pursuit fames, prosperity and miracle.

Christianity is not a religion but this refers to the movement or way of life following the teachings and values of Christ. But when we talk about Christianity there are many forms and doctrines and that is where religions enter. Religion is an organized system that relays and interprets the teachings of Christ to the people. Religion becomes our guide towards the path where Jesus wants us to go.

How do you know what Jesus wants?

I, too, are interested in this issue. After all, the Bible was written by people and they do not know what God wants. Perhaps they were mistaken in something, and all blindly from generation to generation follow the Bible.
Holly-Dolly

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 05:37:19 PM

Yes, scientists can create many ''nice'' things and our life is better now than before, but still many people feel''empty'' and without purpose of life.
I don't think so.
When we talk about God, we are talking about spiritual reality, and science can't help us in this area.

Every person has a period when he begins to believe or seek spiritual support. By God, people do not come from a good life, and it happens quite often. A person without faith is just a pile of meat with bones.
Gogsy

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:01:46 PM

I don't think so.

Technology and science certainly can't give us purpose of life. Far from that. But they are just "a tool" in our life if you know how to get the best from it.
For example, what bothers me the most is how people use internet in the wrong purpose. Instead of looking it as an unlimited source of knowledge many people use it for for stupid things which separates us from each other.

And I wouldn't necessary agree with you that technology can't help us in spiritual area. For example, if there was no internet I probably wouldn't ever try to meditate (which is also some kind of spirituality). You have access to people who can teach you what they know about spiritual, so you can open your mind to other things and not just something your parents taught you.

I think we are "by default" spiritual beings and that's why some people feel empty and have no purpose in life. That's why I said that as long as your religion doesn't harm others you can believe in whatever you want and nobody should ever try to convince you otherwise.  
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:41:27 PM

I don't think so.

but still many people feel''empty'' and without purpose of life...

BECAUSE THEY ARE POOR Wink..
Gogsy

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:50:02 PM

I don't think so.

This is individual. I know people who are rich in material things (money, cars etc.) but feel empty inside. And on the other side there are people who have nothing but family and they are happiest people I know.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 07:05:32 PM

I don't think so.

This is individual. I know people who are rich in material things (money, cars etc.) but feel empty inside. And on the other side there are people who have nothing but family and they are happiest people I know.
So do i..
But it's even worse without money  Wink..

Having problems with no money is a lot worse than having problems with money.     TRUST ME.

You do know most people need god to help them..

Oh god help me my son needs shoes and i cannot afford them please someone help me..
Oh and this women suffers with depression   how much more depressed will she feel than the rich person?.

10% are really rich and happy even if they get sad or depression they will not suffer like the 90%
Always a worry for the 90%..

Like school bills hospital bills mortgage bills ..Now imagine they suffer with depression they still got to go to work with an illness or the whole family collapses ..
Not for a depressed rich person..

LIFE IS HARD FOR THE POOR..IT CAN MAKE PEOPLE MENTAL ..
Just being poor can cause stress then you can become mental..

OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME Roll Eyes..

Now imagine 10% was poor and the 90% was rich?  They be not much need to call for god..

Unless your pissed and the room is spinning Cheesy..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: