Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:01:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:29:29 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Well sometimes, religion determines a person's personality. I agree that in this age, logic and fact can easily make you understand things that previously were relied on blind faith. Though i think religion sometimes brings out the best in a person. Believing in the bible's teaching certainly will make someone treat other people better. If you look at it, at the core of any religion, its about respect towards others and i think thats the best thing about it.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:44:14 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

It seem every few days or so someone would post a similar thread in this Section. I'm not sure about others but I certainly don't believe in religion anymore. I can thank fundamentalist Islam for that, that made me more aware of the existence of other religions and that they can't be all the true at the same time. Even Pascal's Wager won't do it for me anymore, like it did for my younger self. He just placed all his bet on one god, what if he was worshiping the wrong one? What if the "One True God" is some angry deity somewhere in the Pacific that no one bothered worshiping?

Yet, if you study the complexity in nature around you, and study the odds of such complexity coming into existence randomly, you will see that nature is impossible, by the odds. The fact that nature is here shows that something way more intelligent than we are, must have made it all. What ever that "thing" is or was, it fits the definition of God. It is way beyond us in ability and strength.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:47:54 PM

Well sometimes, religion determines a person's personality. I agree that in this age, logic and fact can easily make you understand things that previously were relied on blind faith. Though i think religion sometimes brings out the best in a person. Believing in the bible's teaching certainly will make someone treat other people better. If you look at it, at the core of any religion, its about respect towards others and i think thats the best thing about it.

Understanding the Bible's teaching in this way, is the minimal understanding of it. The Bible exists to show people the way that they can be saved for eternal life. It also warns them against not accepting its teachings. The history of how it came about, the prophesies, and the general sense it makes, all show that it is a book of strength, way beyond the other writings that hold a promise of eternal life.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 11:59:19 PM

I don't believed in religion priest now here in my country are dump ass where they support those criminals and where also they support corrupt goverment where they always involved to and what goverment problems they wanted people to believed on what they saying destroying others images they think it can help them to be a good priest? Tbh noo it will make them fool

Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 03:42:30 AM

as I've said before, people do not need religion but they used it  in the ancient times to explain some natural phenomena when science was non-existent. So people believe in various religions, as today it's more of a tradition, actually believing in it it's kind of dumb in this year and age.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 08:34:29 PM

as I've said before, people do not need religion but they used it  in the ancient times to explain some natural phenomena when science was non-existent. So people believe in various religions, as today it's more of a tradition, actually believing in it it's kind of dumb in this year and age.

As I have said before, according to the definition of "religion" found at http://www.dictionary.com/browse/religion?s=t, especially #6 of the definition, religion will always be a part of the life of everyone. If your religion happens to be a religion of atheism, you simply have a religion that attempts to believe that God doesn't exist. If you have a religion that says that religion is not necessary for people, you simply have a religion of non-religion. It's in the definition of religion.

Perhaps you should express a little more clearly what you mean. What might you be talking about if it is not simply religion?

Cool

st0nefish (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 12:56:08 AM

The big part of this answer is, because people don't know the future at all, even one second into the future.

The earth is reasonably stable. Is seems that this and that will happen. But we don't know for sure. If we did, we would always be able to avoid things like car crashes, Fukushima, train and plane crashes, and almost everything else that goes wrong and harms a person. People, therefore, look for something to give them peace. It's religion.

Cool

Yes. People want to realize their dreams with religion. People love to believe in dreams. Religions offer people eternal paradise. People go after a paradise instead of researching about immortality. Things that were unknown in the past were much more. Now, with science, humanity knows more. We can now explain many things that were not explained in the past. We explain nature events through science. The gods do not punish us for nature events. But even if it is so known, people prefer to follow a dream.

But the real problem is that people are not interested in science. They do not follow scientific developments. The whole problem is that people do not develop themselves.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2017, 03:36:07 AM

The big part of this answer is, because people don't know the future at all, even one second into the future.

The earth is reasonably stable. Is seems that this and that will happen. But we don't know for sure. If we did, we would always be able to avoid things like car crashes, Fukushima, train and plane crashes, and almost everything else that goes wrong and harms a person. People, therefore, look for something to give them peace. It's religion.

Cool

Yes. People want to realize their dreams with religion. People love to believe in dreams. Religions offer people eternal paradise. People go after a paradise instead of researching about immortality. Things that were unknown in the past were much more. Now, with science, humanity knows more. We can now explain many things that were not explained in the past. We explain nature events through science. The gods do not punish us for nature events. But even if it is so known, people prefer to follow a dream.

But the real problem is that people are not interested in science. They do not follow scientific developments. The whole problem is that people do not develop themselves.

Science hasn't been able to stop things like "car crashes, Fukushima, train and plane crashes." Nor has science been able to accurately predict the future. In fact, it is partly due to science that things like car crashes, Fukushima, train and plane crashes, happen. If we didn't have science, we wouldn't have these, and we wouldn't have the accidents they cause.

Cool

jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:49:46 PM

To know morality and to have peace of mind
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:05:54 PM

There are something that can not be explained by science and by having religion we believed that God created us equally, and all religion teach good things to us, so if all of us implemented the good teaching then our world will be at peace, and most of people found peace when they found religion
MattScott

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 01:18:33 PM

It seems to me that people find in religion a hope for the best. That is the hope. More religion will not give them anything. I think that if people had a second chance, they wouldn't believe in any religion and lived a good life, indulging in pleasures.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 02:59:22 PM

It's the unknown. The risk is essentially non-existent to believe. If they aren't getting in your business, then simply ignore.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 03:26:01 PM

People who ignore religion do not stop looking for the same things that they look for in religion. Rather, they look for these things in other ways. Many people find these things at the bar. Others go to their doctor for reassurance, even though they don't realize that this is the reason they go. Many have a psychiatrist. Others immerse themselves in an occupation, and make fellow "employees" their life team.

Religion is simply a more formal method for living a moral life, with direct instructions about how to do it. There is also the major thing that many religions try to do, and that is show people how to live forever in an afterlife. Trusting in an afterlife of glory is one of the most positive, satisfying, stabilizing things available. No non-religious life-template has this.

Cool

Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:31:54 PM

People are weak creatures, they need to believe in someone who is strong, almighty, who can solve their problems. And religion gives them hope, faith in a happy and
StefanReed

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 08:43:57 PM

People who ignore religion do not stop looking for the same things that they look for in religion. Rather, they look for these things in other ways. Many people find these things at the bar. Others go to their doctor for reassurance, even though they don't realize that this is the reason they go. Many have a psychiatrist. Others immerse themselves in an occupation, and make fellow "employees" their life team.

Religion is simply a more formal method for living a moral life, with direct instructions about how to do it. There is also the major thing that many religions try to do, and that is show people how to live forever in an afterlife. Trusting in an afterlife of glory is one of the most positive, satisfying, stabilizing things available. No non-religious life-template has this.

Cool
I disagree with you. Look how much has recently been scandals involving religious leaders. What you want to say that they don't believe in God? Then how can they preach? Religious people are weak people who are looking for the God responsible for their lives.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:38:55 PM

Cool
I disagree with you. Look how much has recently been scandals involving religious leaders. What you want to say that they don't believe in God? Then how can they preach? Religious people are weak people who are looking for the God responsible for their lives.

Religious people of the formal religions are smart people who realize that everyone is weak. They go to the place where they can find strength and power in their lives... their religion.

Atheists, and other people who have a religion of non-religion, are simply a bit mixed up about their religion.

Cool

creepyjas

Activity: 854
Merit: 272

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:33:01 AM

Let's make this a healthy topic and make sure no one punches another person because of this.

IMO, people believe in religion so that they'll have something to rely on, or yeah, base whether what they're doing is morally right. Religions are some people's safeguard even if they're alone (god is with me so I'll be fine sort of thing).

For the reply that I read - religion scams - kinda right here. There are religions that requires you to donate. Yes, requires. I will not say what this religion is. Even if their member is poor or doesn't have money at the time of church day, they'll require an explanation as to why you were not able to donate. In order to avoid this, instead of keeping the money for food and other household needs, they keep it for "donations".
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:27:39 PM

Let's make this a healthy topic and make sure no one punches another person because of this.

IMO, people believe in religion so that they'll have something to rely on, or yeah, base whether what they're doing is morally right. Religions are some people's safeguard even if they're alone (god is with me so I'll be fine sort of thing).

For the reply that I read - religion scams - kinda right here. There are religions that requires you to donate. Yes, requires. I will not say what this religion is. Even if their member is poor or doesn't have money at the time of church day, they'll require an explanation as to why you were not able to donate. In order to avoid this, instead of keeping the money for food and other household needs, they keep it for "donations".

I guess I agree with this. People tend to go to religion because they need something to help guide their life with.

grermezter

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:37:50 PM

Religion offers hope of redemption to the Human soul after death. Religion also seems to bring out the good in people. It nurtures morals and bring out the good in people.

Podgor

Activity: 401

SELLING AMAZON

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:05:15 PM

It's easier for most of the people to act by the rules than have their own mind.
Intelligent people do good and help other people, making the world better place.

It's not about religion since most of them are based on the same rules and created based on astrology (Orion and the Three Kings, etc.).

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: