Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:53:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:55:08 AM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Now only those who are not sufficiently informed in the field of science can believe in religion and can not find an explanation for all things.

So tell me, why are you here, sir? I mean on Earth, not this thread in particular. What do you do here and what is your purpose?

The belief that we can understand life through science alone is like trying to understand a desert by counting every single stone and pebble in it.

You can try to google it, though. Good luck.
The belief that we can understand life through science alone is like trying to understand a desert by counting every single stone and pebble in it. WHY?.

understand life through science..How else will we understand life   make shit up?.. < .RELIGION.

Science is the only way to understand life..

by counting every single stone and pebble.<makes no sense sorry..

Darwin is the daddy Grin..

Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:58:09 AM

Because I want to free my sould and drain all the sin inside me. With religion, this is much easier to get rid of all the sin.

no religion doesn't do any of that. religion is based on how a certain someone a teaching and a group or congregation decides to follow that person. if you want to make up for your mistakes, do it on your own accord, you don't need a religion to do that. respect and do what you know is right as an adult.

You might be mistaking religion with cults (including secular ones like feminism or communism).

Religion is first and foremost a belief system, that instills values in people, therefore shaping their culture.

The guy above you got it right. He is making his own decision, yet unlike you has advantage of falling back on moral compass that can guide him whenever he feels lost. And everybody was at one time or another lost.

Your brain is slave to your body, it doesnt tell to leave married woman alone or not to steal. Values that you promised to protect do.

Bible is specific in this case as it sees life of every individual as long struggle with temptation, promising rewards to those, who are strong enough to rise above mere animals with enlarged brain case.

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Now only those who are not sufficiently informed in the field of science can believe in religion and can not find an explanation for all things.

So tell me, why are you here, sir? I mean on Earth, not this thread in particular. What do you do here and what is your purpose?

The belief that we can understand life through science alone is like trying to understand a desert by counting every single stone and pebble in it.

The belief that we can understand life through science alone is like trying to understand a desert by counting every single stone and pebble in it. WHY?.

understand life through science..How else will we understand life   make shit up?.. < .RELIGION.

- Then why dont you understand life? Did you fail your science exam? Good, that old scholars of Greece and Rome werent dependant on public education system then.

"Darwin is the daddy"

Mr. Charles Darwin was anglican christian while he developed his theory. Get that through that thick skull of yours.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 11:35:11 AM

Because I want to free my sould and drain all the sin inside me. With religion, this is much easier to get rid of all the sin.

no religion doesn't do any of that. religion is based on how a certain someone a teaching and a group or congregation decides to follow that person. if you want to make up for your mistakes, do it on your own accord, you don't need a religion to do that. respect and do what you know is right as an adult.

You might be mistaking religion with cults (including secular ones like feminism or communism).

Religion is first and foremost a belief system, that instills values in people, therefore shaping their culture.

The guy above you got it right. He is making his own decision, yet unlike you has advantage of falling back on moral compass that can guide him whenever he feels lost. And everybody was at one time or another lost.

Your brain is slave to your body, it doesnt tell to leave married woman alone or not to steal. Values that you promised to protect do.

Bible is specific in this case as it sees life of every individual as long struggle with temptation, promising rewards to those, who are strong enough to rise above mere animals with enlarged brain case.

- Then why dont you understand life? Did you fail your science exam? Good, that old scholars of Greece and Rome werent dependant on public education system then.

"Darwin is the daddy"

Mr. Charles Darwin was anglican christian while he developed his theory. Get that through that thick skull of yours.
A sought-after letter written by Charles Darwin in 1880 has resurfaced after being in the possession of a private owner for decades. In the letter, Darwin responds to a young man who asks him if he believed in the New Testament. Here’s Darwin’s reply:

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to have to inform you that I do not believe in the Bible as a divine revelation & therefore not in Jesus Christ as the son of God.

In his later years, Charles Darwin walked his wife to church each Sunday but remained outside while the service took place before walking his wife back home.

As is the case in the “bible belt” of the USA today, in the mid 19th century atheists were still persecuted by the then religious majority so while Darwin enacted his apparent agnosticism/atheism by shunning religion - his earlier statements on the subject fail to reveal his apparent disdain for religion and “the gods”..Not wise to say your not religious when he was young     1800s possible death

I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidæ [a parasite who eats its host alive from the inside] with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars, or that a cat should play with mice."

Elsewhere in his letters he described how he could not "overlook the difficulty from the immense amount of suffering through the world". Similarly in another letter he suggested it seemed "more satisfactory to look at the immense amount of pain and suffering in this world, as the inevitable result of the natural sequence of events, i.e. general laws, rather than from the direct intervention of God".

Even i was religious when i was a child..I was a believer ..
I also believed father Christmas ..
And the bogey man Cheesy..< get tormented by the elders WOOOOO bogey man  Cry Cry Cry.. Cheesy.
Ghost and spirits < Because of the bible..

Uk full of protestants and Catholics    all schools teach us religion ..
We grow up and know it's all like father Christmas ..

He was an atheist .. Grin

DARWIN  The DADDY....

CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 01:26:41 AM

Because the truth is there, you cannot unsee that. Like ants cannot see us we cannot see God. But no-one said it was impossible.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Lalapan

Activity: 239
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:14:02 AM

Because religion loves peace

If there is no religion in this world there will be world war 3
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:22:41 AM

I believe God is one and his religion
LevshaK1

Activity: 172

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:07:12 AM

On the contrary, religions kindle wars among themselves and very often they are mass hemorrhages ostensibly for the benefit of their religion.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:19:51 AM

On the contrary, religions kindle wars among themselves and very often they are mass hemorrhages ostensibly for the benefit of their religion.

Same thing that non-religion does... WW2, Stalin, many more.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
saenko

Activity: 262

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:49:09 AM

Cool

Religion as well as the cult of personality are created in order to easily manage people. People are inspired with fear and guilt. And because of this they become easy to manage. And this is very convenient for the government

28days_ever

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 12:43:15 PM

Cool

Religion as well as the cult of personality are created in order to easily manage people. People are inspired with fear and guilt. And because of this they become easy to manage. And this is very convenient for the government

Yes, it is very convenient to manage people who do not know how to think independently and receive all the answers with the help of science.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 04:51:06 PM

Cool

Yes, it is very convenient to manage people who do not know how to think independently and receive all the answers with the help of science.
There is this sentence that i remembered just not while reading and it goes something like this: Where science ends, religion begins. For now science can not prove everything, and that is why there are still people who believe in some things that are rather... funny. But not all religious people are blind sheeps that follow.
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:52:21 PM

There is nothing better than a religion does. If something else is found people would have followed that. But what we got is the religion. We believe, because it make a person live righteously and make others live righteously.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 09:06:13 PM

Cool

There is this sentence that i remembered just not while reading and it goes something like this: Where science ends, religion begins. For now science can not prove everything, and that is why there are still people who believe in some things that are rather... funny. But not all religious people are blind sheeps that follow.

When you look at all the things that are there to be proven, science barely scratches the surface. Better to look at the religions, which give you an overview of the things that science will never be proving for thousands of years to come.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 11:33:43 PM

because they need to believed in religion that will saved them soon but to be honest for me i don't believed that religion can save people it was our faith to All might God who are controlling everything that what will happens to each and everyone.

HOT_HEAD

Activity: 136
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:11:40 AM

Throughout history main factors were fear, search for power, force, stupidity, etc.
The biggest reason now is because they were taught so when they were young. They grow up believing in something and if they close their eyes to everything else for long enough, they will stay religious.

No gods, no masters.

Collecting money for college:
BTC DeFi - bc1q6tymcagg6w4c96dgwnag64kl7rdkpgc6ny8gek ;
bravehearth0319

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 01:51:09 AM

Because lot of people all around the world believed that through religions, they come closely to God.
And with it they felt that God is always close to them and help in time of needs.
karmamiu

Activity: 588
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:15:27 AM

Because lot of people all around the world believed that through religions, they come closely to God.
And with it they felt that God is always close to them and help in time of needs.

I agree with your opinion there, and people often think that religion will do the salvation and as what i can see mostly that people are worshiping the religion more than GOD.

In my own belief if you're no longer comfortable and you feel uneasy on what is your religion doing, don't imitate what they are doing for each one of us have different beliefs on how to worship GOD so other persons advocacy doesn't matter at all as long as you are worshiping GOD in a good way not in bad.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█████████████
█▄███████████
██████████
███████████████▄
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████▀▀▀▀█████▌
██████▀▀▀███████
███████████▌
███████████▀█
█████████████
▀██████████████
████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░▀██▀░███
███░▀▀▀█░█░▀▀▀█░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░░░░███
███░░░░░█░░░░░█░▀▀▀█░███
███░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░░███
▀████████████████████████▀
██████████
████████████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
stephylarde

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 08:04:19 AM

religion was made by those people who wants to profit with it. Religion divides the unity in this whole world. I only believe at our creator.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:09:37 AM

religion was made by those people who wants to profit with it. Religion divides the unity in this whole world. I only believe at our creator.

It seems that you have some negative experience with religion.
Yes, some religious representatives did bad things in the past, but many more religious people did great things for their communities like charity work, building hospitals, shelters for homeless people, building schools etc.
They all was inspired by God and their religion.
So, before we judge something, we should look at results, fruits of their work.
So, why do people believe in religion?
Because they want to connect with their origin or creator, with God.
Since we are fallen people and we lost connections with god, we need guidance and help how to connect with God again.
God is about love and care for others, not hatred or selfishness.
Because of it, religious people are always inspired to love others, help others...

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
GlassMaster

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:18:53 AM

Yes, before religion was created perhaps for this purpose, but now it does not make sense anymore, as everything can be explained with the help of science, but with God it's possible to use your words and good deeds.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: