Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:07:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
Elcapsono

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY PROTOCOL

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 04:58:25 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Because they need to believe in something to strive for their goals, to develop, not to commit any acts banned by their religion.

You can achieve goals without religion. And some goals are contrary to religion. For example, I want to be rich. But the Christian believes that living in luxury is a sin.
Christianity today is very peculiar. If you change all that was happening in the eighteenth century before the 19, 20, 21 century - This is another church and another religion. Especially today when the holy fathers ride a Mercedes and wear watches for $ 20,000. What kind of role-playing is very hard to believe.

▄▄██ █████ █████ █████ █████ ██▄▄
▄████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████▄
████▀  ▀███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    ███ █████ █████ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀███ █████ █████
████                 ██ █████ █████
▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄
████    █▀███████    ██ █████ █████
████    █ ███████    ██ █████ █████
▀▀▀▀    █ ▄▄▄ ███    ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀
████    █ ███ ███    ██ █████ █████
████    █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█    ██ █████ █████
████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀████
▄▄▄▄                            ▄▄▄
█████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████
 ████ █████ █████ █████ █████ ████
   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀   
bluenote.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

█▀▀▀█▀▄
█   █  ▀▄
█   ▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▀▀█▀▄   █
█  █  ▀▄ █
█  ▀▀▀▀█ █
█ ▀▀▀▀ █▄█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Summary
WhitePaper
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:16:03 PM

Because people like to talk to themselves and need a friend called GOD..

Well it stops them thinking they are MAD ..
No one likes to admit we like having a good old talk to ourselves ..
Always blame god       always ask god      always ask god for forgiveness ..

Thanks god for this food..Now why do people do that?..

Because your thinking if i say thanks to god he will give us some more..
Asking god for more food..

So why say thanks to god then..
If it's not more food it's a ticket into heaven ..

You love god because you want something.. Wink

And if you say it's not it's to be KIND ..

Ok so how kind can a poor person be?..
Not likely to get anything .

And the American bible crazies hates sharing ..

Oh god help me <wanting something

Now why should god give something to you and not me?..
Do you pray harder than me?..

So it's about a competition to see who can pray the hardest gets the best love from god as in help.

Well if you win something IT'S GOD..
If you become something good IT'S GOD..

So what about the people who pray and still get no help and are dying..?

Nigerian church collapse kills at least 160 worshippers – reports ...
https://www.theguardian.com › World › Nigeria
10 Dec 2016 - The roof of a church collapsed on to worshippers in southern Nigeria, killing at least 160 people with the toll likely to rise, according to a .

YOUR GODS have a funny sense of humour ..
lexamagic

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:45:46 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

Because they need to believe in something to strive for their goals, to develop, not to commit any acts banned by their religion.

You can achieve goals without religion. And some goals are contrary to religion. For example, I want to be rich. But the Christian believes that living in luxury is a sin.
Christianity today is very peculiar. If you change all that was happening in the eighteenth century before the 19, 20, 21 century - This is another church and another religion. Especially today when the holy fathers ride a Mercedes and wear watches for $ 20,000. What kind of role-playing is very hard to believe.

Now Christians themselves contradict their religion, because it really calls everyone to be modest, but many Christians are too rich, including priests.

kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:11:48 PM

Because of having faith on it, people are always seeking peace, so religion can only refer the way of beautiful meaning of life, it's a total package of human life, so many people believe in religion.
Every religion shows us the perfect way of Life, it always suggests us to maintain our life in a disciplinary way.so it is vital platform for human being.
FomoATH

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:48:05 PM

Many people can not even explain their religion and why they are trying to believe in it, because they were forced into their childhood as a tradition of their ancestors.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 12:54:41 PM

Many people can not even explain their religion and why they are trying to believe in it, because they were forced into their childhood as a tradition of their ancestors.

And tradition is good, because it works... except for the people who have died in the wars their traditions cause. This can be any people, people of formal religions, or people of informal ones.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
yakushev

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:03:36 PM

And tradition is good, because it works... except for the people who have died in the wars their traditions cause. This can be any people, people of formal religions, or people of informal ones.

Cool

I'm neutral about religions that help people live. But I will never understand religions that favor the death of a person in the name of God. This is unnatural

endaiin

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:08:15 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2017, 04:19:14 PM by endaiin

I don't care about religion, but I care about Belief, Trust and Faithfull to God.
I trust Jesus is God.
GBU.
KoningSilk

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:31:25 PM

Religion is a good way to feel safe.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 02:47:40 PM

Cool

I'm neutral about religions that help people live. But I will never understand religions that favor the death of a person in the name of God. This is unnatural

Imagine that some other person attacks you to kill you.
What are you going to do if he won't stop?
You might have to kill him first just to save your own life.
What if your religion advocates self defense killing when necessary?

How much more when God advocates killing people who are raising a bunch of kids with training that will send them to Hell... eternal death... and they won't stop training them that way, by changing to train them in Jesus salvation so that they can go to Heaven and live forever?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
hawthelegend

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:09:40 PM

honestly, i cant count how many times i've seen questions that are relating to religion and beliefs. but hey, i dont mind, humans are curious people.
so ok, this is how i see it; as you can see bruh, humans will always be humans. people always need something to believe in. and i mean always. and that reason is either accepted whole heartedly, or is in the subconscious mind of any man. and others just stick to it because they want something to blame or put their frustrations to. because some wont be really able to take so much pain and problems without doing this one way or another. second is they see nothing bad with it. probably because what the bible teaches is what i think every man in this world should follow or imitate. and i am part of that group. let me explain myself, you see bruh, i have seen so many bad things about my religion and so many conspiracies, for i was too one of the selected that served my own church. and i have seen soo sooo many things that i know priests and people in church should not do. yet i did not stop believing. i have never seen any verifiable, testable and sound evidences but still i believe. not because of the religion but because of the GOD i am worshiping. now, you might say i believe in dreams and childish illusions. but i say i am just being sure. i mean in this world and life. this is the only gamble that can guarantee a win win situation. just look at it this way, if it ever happens that the GOD i believe in is really true and i choose to follow all his laws and teachings despite the lack of evidences that can prove his existence in this life, i will be saved and guaranteed eternal life and worthy of all his promises. and if the GOD that i am worshiping happens to be really just a hoax, then at least i can leave a good legacy and die peacefully knowing that i have been a good citizen of this world and a person who did good things to other people by following GOD`s laws and preaching.

so that is how i think why people believe. but maybe there are other reasons, like control, money etc. but i really am not sure about those things.

but one thing is sure for me, it is that i worship my GOD only and not the religion itself.
because again, i want to be sure and at the same time want to be a blessing to others and a good example to my soon to be born child.

p.s. i dont understand what people who dont believe really hate about the thought of GOD's existence. because for me? i just cant see anything bad in believing and following his laws.
i wonder so much that i start to think that maybe why they hate it is because they want to be always right and to be always right, you need to have correct info that you can only get with a thing that has physical or something evidence that you can study and verify. and believing something without all these would get them to realizing the fact that they are really wrong along with some of all the scientific theories or studies that they have memorized or familiarized in universities or schools that they have based all their facts with(or studied/experimented themselves). in short this will put all the efforts to waste. the effort to be someone who knows a lot about how things work will suddenly become someone who doesnt know that much and cant refer to anything so he can explain what is GOD or what kind of specie he is. next is pride. knowing that they cant explain something makes them feel dumb or someone who doesnt know a lot. and who would wanna be called dumb? specially when you have put so much effort to become as knowledgeable as you are now? being someone who cant explain something's existence and fail to find any references to help, would hurt so much in terms of pride. specially when the person takes pride in being knowledgeable about so many things. next is what we have been used to. if a person is used to never speaking or agreeing about things unless what he says are things that is based on real facts that has been thoroughly studied, he will probably hate GOD. then there's the troller. maybe this person just wanna troll and wants to look cool coz he thinks what he's doing makes him look cool. and this gives him happiness.

but hey, all these are just from MY own perspective. how other people see things is none of my business. also, i have nothing against them. i can only pray for everyone but not force my beliefs in them. that is how i roll.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:33:25 PM

They don't take it that way, most of the people believe in a religion he or she is in because that is their culture, and as a used culture, whenever something came up, maybe bad or good, the tendency is to pray to the one who is worshipped by their religion, because that is their culture, that's where he's used to.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Kompodd

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:35:30 PM

No, religion can not guarantee security. You need to look at things realistically and defend yourself with weapons, because you can not fight the criminals with religion.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 11, 2017, 03:48:09 PM

No, religion can not guarantee security. You need to look at things realistically and defend yourself with weapons, because you can not fight the criminals with religion.

Terrorist wannabe spotted!  Defend yourself?  Why?  Unless you are trouble some.  And unless you are a terrorist.  I do not agree with you that you actually have to defend yourself in a bloody manner.  First thing, there is no declaration of any war, riot, or crime.  He just said that he feel safe and that is it.  Maybe he was talking about spirituality. 
oginiimaoyani

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2017, 07:00:13 AM

In my own view, i think it makes one to be righteousness conscious.

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
mmnt

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:42:50 AM

When people thinking about themselves, they believe in their creator. When they believe in their creator they must believe in religion.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:44:21 AM

In my own view, i think it makes one to be righteousness conscious.

Yes it is.  Though religion cannot save us but the fact that as you said, makes us concious on our righteousness.  Religion teaches us the good things and be appreciative in life.  To be grateful on everyday.  It teaches us the good things having God in our lives.  Teaches us great stories in the Bible.
KoningSilk

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:56:52 AM

With safe i meant that they will feel safe in the knowledge that they will go to a better life when they die. Who cares if you get killed when you end up in an even better life...

Religion is just an idea tot make people feel safe and better about themselfs.
Md Saad

Activity: 584
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:05:07 AM

usually, people believe in religion because of having faith, most of the people strongly believe that we have a God or Allah, religion is the form of guidance from the Allah, religion is the path where people can find himself in peace. so they hold the belief of religion.
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:42:43 PM

People believe in religion because in my opinion its their last resort. If we don't have beliefs we like empty inside. Religion fills spiritual needs of human and also gives directions to mankind.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: