Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:54:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
rahmat92

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:44:40 AM

Religion is a sign or a rule for human beings can live well, all religions actually have good rules for its devotees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Moloch

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:16:44 AM

Religion is a sign or a rule for human beings can live well, all religions actually have good rules for its devotees

All societies have rules... this is nothing unique to religion... it's not even unique to humans
masterwakokok7

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:25:38 AM

There are a lot of reasons why people believe in religions. I'm a catholic by paper, they believe that whenever they do good they have the chance to enter the gates of Heaven and will live an eternal life. If you disobeyed the one of the ten commandments, you will punished and will be judge at purgatory. Also, catholics believe that they are above among other religions. Why, because of the POPE. It is not wrong nor right to believe in something. It is your freedom to believe on something/someone but this freedom must not be used to deprived others freedom.

Like John Lennon says Imagine there's no religion, What will our world would be if we don't have religion? I think this would be better.

Mukulislam

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 08:27:45 AM

My opinion, because they are mostly inept, ignorant
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 09:24:18 AM

My opinion, because they are mostly inept, ignorant
It's not the only reason. Believe in God people who are not confident. Man is so constituted that he needs something to believe in. Normal people believe in themselves and insecure people believing in God, to blaming him for your failures in life.
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:49:26 PM

Some of the questions make people think about the religion and god, like how this universe was formed?, why we can't live forever in this world?, what will happen after our death?. Many of the questions in this world are unanswered because human mind does have a limit, religion comfort our mind with these type of unanswered questions and give us the best way of living in this world with peace and love.
mariahh

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 03:50:04 PM

I think we all like miracles and someone else to help us (we are praying to God),because there is always hope and because we are week.It's something like Santa Clause we are all happy because someone good guy love us and will give us a present if we are behaving good, and if we already know that there is no Santa/God we are keep trying and ask more help/present because we have nothing to loose against we will receive and receive without to give.At least some people are happy with this.Thank you mom and dad for my Christmas presents!
(Sorry I don't know good english but I am trying..)
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:53:01 PM

I think what really the believers are very few. For me criterion of a believer is not something to which religion he classifies himself, and by his actions. They only say they believe in God, and do every day commit many sins.
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:46:13 AM

The contributions of genes and environment to religiosity have been quantified in studies of twins (Bouchard et al., 1999; Kirk et al., 1999) and sociological studies of welfare, availability, and legal regulations (state religions, etc.).

Koenig et al. (2005) report that the contribution of genes to variation in religiosity (called heritability) increases from 12% to 44% and the contribution of shared (family) effects decreases from 56% to 18% between adolescence and adulthood.

This would all indicate, that in environment where religious people do have more children (modern west) and starting of family is a choice (modern west), desecularization will be direct result. Atheists will (un)breed themselves to extinction.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:29:02 AM

I think what really the believers are very few. For me criterion of a believer is not something to which religion he classifies himself, and by his actions. They only say they believe in God, and do every day commit many sins.

Very good point Smiley
I think People ''feel'' that there is something much more important than them, other reality.
They can't explain so many things in their lives and wants to be connected with ''higher'' reality, origin, creator or God.
Religion require self discipline and responsibility and most people don't have such qualities.
Still, they wants to be part of higher reality, with hope that such connection will benefit their lives.
Yes, they commit sins every day but can we say that anybody is perfect, without sin?
If religion at least affects people to be a little better persons, then religion is already fulfilling its purpose.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Ginosaur15

Activity: 132

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:44:32 AM

Well, people believeon religion because they have faith that there is god that made us and all things in this world, that there is God that guide and love us even we're sinful.

Edrian

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 08:51:32 AM

Because some faith comes from religion some people ease their pain by religion. they believe if their time comes they will be saved by their gods.
Danu26

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 11:08:03 AM

In my opinion, religion is the reason that why we understand each other.
Our world have a many religion but they're all saying thats have a God that create the world.

Yes i also think so.
Religion makes one understand each other even though it is not our siblings.
That is what makes me believe religion to understand each other, to love, always invite me to do good to someone.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
lolingera

Activity: 574

ZUFLO and only ZUFLO

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 11:20:53 AM

i explained to myself all that in these 4 lines:
........... evolution .... aesthetics .... almighty god .... morality .... secular god
technology <<-perfect<best<better<good>goodier>goodiest>divine ->> morality
... profanists<genitalists<scum<scam<>spam>slam>genialists>divinists ....
broadest definition of the word "god" is: "god is anything that is mssing"
................................................................... thanks

Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:37:56 AM

because they can find a peace in a religion.
not just for believe but they found a reason why should they believe in a god, as a muslim we learn qur'an as our book guidance, and we found the truth there.   
Because they believe in God, so they want to be close to almighty one. By attending in the church together with their brother's and sister's
all of them are happy together serving the Lord.
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:55:10 AM

Because most humans are born religious. Religion is inherited from parents, and parents teach religious teachings. Introduced to the scriptures, all are taught to finally believe. But for those who do not believe it is their life choice. But the risks that exist must be ready to bear.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:10:26 PM

Because most humans are born religious. Religion is inherited from parents, and parents teach religious teachings. Introduced to the scriptures, all are taught to finally believe. But for those who do not believe it is their life choice. But the risks that exist must be ready to bear.
What you said about inheriting a religious beliefs from parents, that is right and i agree with that too. And you are right when you say that believing or not is a persons choice, just their own. I have religious parents, and they thought me all they know and believe, on some parts i agree with them, but i did not found salvation or peace in religion. That is why i moved on in finding something to believe in, not a religion necessarily. Life is full of choices, and it is up to us to decide what we want to do. But i am not sure what did you mean when you said "But the risks that exist must be ready to bear."? Risk of not believing?
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:17:08 PM

It's fact that religion is mostly inherited from the parents but such faith is usually only traditional, related to certain religious holidays.
Such religion is part of culture and tradition and has nothing to do with true faith.
People who are looking for a sense of life and a higher purpose, who feel that life is something more, become true believers.
It's also answer why people believe in religion. 
First group of people just follow tradition but second group really trying to live according to their faith.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 04:58:44 PM

Being a Hindu, I must say that religion is extremely important for me. And being a victim of religious persecution, I can't imagine a life without my Hindu identity. Two decades ago, my family was driven away from the Indian state of Mizoram, for refusing to convert to Christianity. We lost our house and property, but we stayed loyal to our religion. Even after two decades, we can't go back to our village. 
Langhbou4

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 06:19:49 PM

Dude, people can believe in anything. Thinking and imagination process is the reason we're able to do this with any topic.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: