Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:14:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people believe in religion?  (Read 19532 times)
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:10:19 PM

Everybody have religion, even if we have different religion we understand each other. People believes in religion because they believe that theres is one that is superior to us and bring us to life.

Not everybody, unfortunately  Wink

Thats why we have word "nihilism".

philosophical doctrine that suggests the lack of belief in one or more reputedly meaningful aspects of life. Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism, which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value. Moral nihilists assert that there is no inherent morality, and that accepted moral values are abstractly contrived. Nihilism may also take epistemological, ontological, or metaphysical forms, meaning respectively that, in some aspect, knowledge is not possible, or reality does not actually exist.

The term is sometimes used in association with anomie to explain the general mood of despair at a perceived pointlessness of existence that one may develop upon realising there are no necessary norms, rules, or laws. Movements such as futurism and deconstruction, among others, have been identified by commentators as "nihilistic".

Nihilism has also been described as conspicuous in or constitutive of certain historical periods: for example, Jean Baudrillard and others have called postmodernity a nihilistic epoch; and some religious theologians and figures of religious authority have asserted that postmodernity and many aspects of modernity represent a rejection of theism, and that such rejection of theistic doctrine entails nihilism.
SativaDiva

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

23. English BA. OnlyFans.com/MistressLovely

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 09:57:20 PM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

People still believe in religion because we are ultimately still being controlled. Some people are more comfortable with accepting rules and regulations placed upon them than actually making up their own motto to live by and questions to ask. The unexamined life is a life void of pain, if you follow and abide you will not suffer as much as someone who knows what they are going through and feeling trapped.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:17:04 AM

There are many religious people on earth. Even the vast majority of the world believes in monotheistic religions.
And often they do not question belief systems. There are many people who have Christian, Muslim and Jewish beliefs.

Why do they still believe in religion. I can not understand why people believe in religions in the age when we can reach the information so quickly.

People still believe in religion because we are ultimately still being controlled. Some people are more comfortable with accepting rules and regulations placed upon them than actually making up their own motto to live by and questions to ask. The unexamined life is a life void of pain, if you follow and abide you will not suffer as much as someone who knows what they are going through and feeling trapped.
And also, i would like to add that Religion is now considered as a Family Tradition, that if you don't want to follow that tradition , you will considered as an evil member and remove you as a family member ( as per my experience.). Specially at my country , this thing is very NORMAL.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:09:16 AM

And also, i would like to add that Religion is now considered as a Family Tradition, that if you don't want to follow that tradition , you will considered as an evil member and remove you as a family member ( as per my experience.). Specially at my country , this thing is very NORMAL.

This is good.

A human being is the basic form of religion.

When a man and a woman get married, they form a family that is a religion. Honoring your parents by accepting their religion is one of the best things a person can do. After all, if it were not for your parents, you would not exist.

If their religion is bad and wrong in some way, the honorable thing to do is to point out the wrong to them. But even if they will not change, it is honorable to respect them in their religion.

Certainly if you don't like their religion, start your own. But recognize that there is no reason for anyone else to take part of your religion without you doing a lot of convincing that your religion is good.

Which would you rather do? Follow the country/nation religion of a bunch of political strangers? Or follow the religion of your parents who you love and respect?

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:12:06 AM

Is that your religion?

If you are being controlled, get out from under the control if you like. If you don't, you have accepted the control, and it is essentially part of your personal religion.

Remember one thing. If you want to live among other people, your personal religion will have to adapt to at least respect them for their personal religions.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
lolingera

Merit: 100

ZUFLO and only ZUFLO

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 08:17:25 AM

Religion is adherence to anything. Adhesive as glue for the society. Yes, trapped by social pressure!
But, from one side, the woman takes child to baptize to protect it, if any super power exists. Faith risk.!
From other side, sudanese grand mother said: Where was the law when they circumcized me! Repeat!
So, religion is ssssssssssss: safety, security, surety, stability, society, solidity, soothing, serenity, style
and same time: rrrrrrrrrrrr: rules, regulations, rituals, routines, repetitions, reference, reverence, reaction

Okurkabinladin

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:03:28 AM

Is that your religion?

If you are being controlled, get out from under the control if you like. If you don't, you have accepted the control, and it is essentially part of your personal religion.

Remember one thing. If you want to live among other people, your personal religion will have to adapt to at least respect them for their personal religions.

Cool

Best post ever, man. Its not us christians, who pester others with hateful shit on this board. Its always militant atheits, who would love to see churches and mosques burn.

Be wary of them, though. Such people left behind millions of dead throughout Euroasia as they saw religion not as nonsense, but... competition. Communists fucking hate churches as they prevent them from total control over hearts and minds of population.
dream_maker82

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:34:08 AM

People believe in religion, because from childhood they are taught to believe in religion. This is so strong that many adults can not get rid of religious slavery.

matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:38:09 AM

People believe in religion, because from childhood they are taught to believe in religion. This is so strong that many adults can not get rid of religious slavery.
Adults can get rid of religious bondage but don't want to do. It is convenient to blame for all the failures in the personal life of God. He didn't help them. No one observes the commandments of God. Religion is just a relic of the past. People pretend to believe, and the Ministers of the Church pretends to believe people. All is very convenient.
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:41:46 AM

I have asked that from Darwinists many times but they can't come up with any reasonable answer.
Okurkabinladin

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:55:43 AM

Adults can get rid of religious bondage but don't want to do. It is convenient to blame for all the failures in the personal life of God. He didn't help them. No one observes the commandments of God. Religion is just a relic of the past. People pretend to believe, and the Ministers of the Church pretends to believe people. All is very convenient.

And what do you believe in, you poor soul? You werent able to argue one single point, that people before you made.

Some critics of postmodernism, such as philosopher Noam Chomsky, have interpreted postmodern society to be synonymous with moral relativism and contributing to deviant behavior.  Josh McDowell and Bob Hostetler offer the following definition of postmodernism: "A worldview characterized by the belief that truth doesn’t exist in any objective sense but is created rather than discovered."… Truth is "created by the specific culture and exists only in that culture. Therefore, any system or statement that tries to communicate truth is a power play, an effort to dominate other cultures."

You are stuck in existencial hell. Dont you dare to drag us with you.
Vika0170

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:33:27 PM

I have asked that from Darwinists many times but they can't come up with any reasonable answer.

What does the Darwinists have to do with it? They do not believe in religion and God at all.
I think that religion was created in order to unify people with one idea. When people have a common interest, they are set on peace and inspiration
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:13:57 AM

I  still believe in religion even we can reach the information so quickly because through religion, it reminds me that above all things, there is still God. It brings me closer to God and put my faith and trust on Him no matter what life may bring.  Even technology can answer everything, only God knows what the future ahead of us. Religion is a foundation of man's spiritual life. Even many studies show that more people with religion and connection to God lives longer than those who don't have.  Maybe it is because once a person is truly believer that God hold his future, peace of mind will be experience even all things get broken.  It brings assurance that after death, there is a wonderful life awaiting for us. 
BitcoinSupremo
Copper Member

Activity: 1442
Merit: 529

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 08:31:36 AM

Religion makes you feel better about yourself. I wonder how atheists or people who don't believe in God justify the massacres that Hitler and Stalin did, Hitler killed 6 million Jews while Stalin 20 million people who disagreed with him ? Do these people think that 1 life of Hitler was equal to 6 million Jews ? I am not a religious person but I like religious people, they are the most kind compared to other persons or at least they seem so.
zhuiyi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 03:43:54 PM

What does the Darwinists have to do with it? They do not believe in religion and God at all.
I think that religion was created in order to unify people with one idea. When people have a common interest, they are set on peace and inspiration
People believe in religion, which is to give them the psychological role of sustenance, they have the faith can live better.
lolingera

ZUFLO and only ZUFLO

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:19:18 PM

Religion makes you feel better about yourself. I wonder how atheists or people who don't believe in God justify the massacres that Hitler and Stalin did, Hitler killed 6 million Jews while Stalin 20 million people who disagreed with him ? Do these people think that 1 life of Hitler was equal to 6 million Jews ? I am not a religious person but I like religious people, they are the most kind compared to other persons or at least they seem so.
.............................................................. Evolution ::: :> ) God ....................................................
hah .... evolution and god .... religion is glue for the society .... evolution is pattern with principles .... god is what is missing
devil is not missing .... war is bonus for evolution .... revolution is just a change in evolution, as the new power becomes more stringent than previous ruling class .... fittest survives they say, but evolution is favorizing aesthetics over morality .... nazis and tutsies were measuring noses of their victims, even more, nazis and tutsies said: we were working our job ..... pol pot said: no no, i was not killing people for their beauty or aesthetics, we killed them for moral reasons and only half people that we considered to be bad or evil, so now all are good citizens .... we can not justify genocides and war crimes, but evolution doesn't care, it has one logic and needs god to guide it away from deviations .... thus, god is under pressure of devil and evolution is under pressure of gravity .... 1 bar ... ¨!

Forester78

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:32:42 PM

I had to communicate with religious people who turned out to be very hypocritical. They covered themselves with fighting for the truth, but they were very mean.
Religion can not make a bad person good
Everything depends on the person himself, and religion helps a little in self-improvement

JonasMatk

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:12:21 PM

I believe the main reason is that when things get rough for a person, as they do for everyone, the religion works as a remedy for the situation.

The false hope is given when the person needs it the most - you've sinned, but here's a cookie - your sins are absolved. Don't worry - god loves you.
Well, at least in Christianity case.
HyunBin

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

SURVIVE | P2E

View Profile
July 27, 2017, 12:01:14 AM

is not otherwise? why people do not believe in religion? Religion is the source of everything. Sources of law, the source of knowledge, the source of morality. Everything we do is in law on religion, all of which we know exists and is derived from the science of religion, all we do there are rules in religion. So why people do not believe in religion?

I like your ideas about this topic and how you explain it and deliver it . This says alot . To add to this , I guess people believe in religion because this is the only thing that they know to become a good person, Religion is faith,  the standard or direction to become a good person and to do good . They believe in religion because they want a peace on mind.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████▀▀           ▀▀██████
█████▀                 ▀█████
██████       ▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
██████▄                 ▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄       ██████
█████▄                 ▄█████
██████▄▄           ▄▄██████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Survive│P2E
O N L Y   O N E
W I L L   L A S T
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
altcoinboss177

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 12:46:24 PM

Mainly hope. Hope that there is a life after this one. Hope that there is a plan set out for me and that there is a purpose to my life regardless of how small that purpose may be.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: