Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 01:40:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people become vegan?  (Read 6652 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:46:16 AM

I was a vegan for little over a year and during that time I've noticed I was less fatigued throughout the day and I slept like a new born baby.

It's not normal to sleep as long as a newborn baby.  Seems like you were fatigued.  Maybe you weren't getting enough nutrition?

Edit: found a chart and marked it up for you compliments of the National Sleep Foundation (wasn't sure exactly what category to put you in but the young adult and the adult require essentially the same amount of sleep - much less than a newborn)

Damn, seeing these image really made me realize I am not sleeping well and alright.
And he said he is less fatigued but still sleep like a newborn baby, I think he is a heavy sleeper.

I need sleep because of these picture. By the way, i am not really vegetable lover, I dont want any vegetables unless it is in my burger.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8104

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:06:28 AM

Yeah tomatoes and pickles on my burger is all the vegetable I need too.  Wait, is mayo a vegetable?

Damn!  My wife made me veggie burgers tonight!!
PeterTheGrape

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:15:02 AM

...Oh wait, it can also be trendy.

A lot of people make that observation, it is sort of fashionable. But veganism has existed longer than its critics.
canine2017

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:29:05 AM

I am not vegetarian but try to eat less meat. It's not because I don't like it, it's because I feel sorry for the animals. It seems to me that killing animals for food clothing could afford the Neanderthals, but not civilized people.
wenjunnnnn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:43:24 AM

Why is it good to be a vegan?
A plant-based diet requires only one third of the land needed to support a meat and dairy diet. ... Read more here on how vegan diets can help people. Why vegetarian isn't enough. The suffering caused by the dairy and egg industry is possibly less well publicised than the plight of factory farmed animals.
SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:44:45 AM

I think it is because of their feelings for animals, so they cannot eat something that was walking before that. But on the other side if we look that way. plants are alive too, they are living things too.
Only reasonable reason for somebody to become vegan is health. In situation of some hard disease, like cancer, it is good for that person to become vegan.

myway-he

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:34:08 AM

All are individual. And everyone lives in this world in accordance with their vision of the situation. Now, mostly because of fashion, they refuse to eat meat.
codingmaster

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:36:43 AM

I think it is mostly a fashion nowadays.

I do not believe it is healthier not to eat meat at all.
There should be a little bit of everything in your diet (meat, vegetable, fruit, etc.).

Being a vegan to show pitty about animals getting killed is nonse to me.
This is nature. Look at lion killing an antelope. It is called "food chain" and its normal.
Villy_wongaa

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 11:49:07 AM

I am not vegetarian but try to eat less meat. It's not because I don't like it, it's because I feel sorry for the animals. It seems to me that killing animals for food clothing could afford the Neanderthals, but not civilized people.

Plants are also living creatures, but their eating or cutting trees does not cause pity. A man by nature predator and he used to prey for prey, now he domesticated the animals and he does not need to hunt for them.
Bittzy78
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1019

I do not give financial advice .. do your own DD

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 11:53:56 AM

I have to constantly ask my wife the same question.

All I know is my steady diet of meat has been interrupted since she went vegan.

Grin

░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒████████████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒█████████▀▀▀▀███████████████████▒░░
░░▒██████▀      ▀██████▀    ▀████▒░░
░░▒██████▄        ▀██▀       ████▒░░
░░▒███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▒░░
░░▒██████████████████████████▒░░
░░▒▒██████████████████████▒▒░░
░░▒▒▒████████████████▒▒▒░░
░░░▒▒▒▒▒██████▒▒▒▒▒░░░
░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░

▄                   ▄   ▄                                                        ▄
        ▀ ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄     ▄  ▄████████▄ ▄   ▄█      ▄         ▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████     ▄▄██████   ████████████████   ▀▀  ██████████▀▀    ██████     ▄ ██████  ████████████████▄▄
  ██████   ███████    ▀ ██████  ██████████████████     ████████████     ███████    ▀▀██████  ████████████████▀▀
  ██████   ████████     ██████  ██████▀    ▀██████    ██████████████    ████████     ██████ ▄██████
  ██████ ▄██████████    ██████  ███████▄▄             ██████  ██████    █████████    ██████ ▀██████
▄ ██████   ██████████   ██████   ███████████▄▄       ██████    ██████   ██████████   ██████  ██████████████
▀ ██████   ███████████  ██████  ▄ ▀█████████████▄    ██████    ██████   ███████████  ██████  ██████████████  ██
  ██████   ██████ █████ ██████  ▀    ▀▀███████████  ██████      ██████  ██████ █████ ██████  ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀
  ██████ ▄ ██████  ███████████            ▀▀███████ ██████████████████  ██████  ███████████  ██████
▄ ██████ ▀ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄     ▄██████████████████████████ ██████   ██████████  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀ ██████   ██████    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████ ██████    ████████████████████████████
  ██████   ██████     ████████▀█▀███████████████████████          ████████████     ████████▀▀█████████████████
  ██████   ██████      ███████    ▀▀███████████▀▀ ██████    ▄▄    ████████████      ███████
           ██████     ▄ ██████           ▄▄                 ▀▀          ██████     ▄ ██████▄▄

GET IN TOUCH              
.▬▬Announcement▬▬.
Facebook | Twitter | Discord | Insane Hub
Jaguardo

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:13:01 PM

because they think that's the only way to live a happier life.
Veider_lord

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:24:09 AM

because they think that's the only way to live a happier life.

Yes. If you look at this movement from the other side, then it's more like self-suggestion. The person inspires himself that if he does not eat meat, he will be happy and will feel good.
TANTOR

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:48:41 AM

Most people become vegan because they want to improve their health or they feel pitty for animals
Sakura_nakomoto

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:05:38 PM

On some vegetables, the body does not receive all vitamins and trace elements. This is more the influence of fashion or hypnotic propaganda. Everyone lives in this world in accordance with his vision of the situation.

I agree. Now there is a lot of hypnotic propaganda that pours on us through the media. This influence is very easily surrendered by weak-willed people without their own point of view and begins to inspire themselves with the rejection of meat.
natalis12

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 12:20:15 PM

Some people are just stupid
Noa_Amable

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:08:27 PM

evrybody has own reasons, but I think just to be in trand
NullPoint

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:30:56 PM

I think there are a lot of reasons. I'm not vegan and I'm not a vegetarian but I always keep in mind that there a animals which will be grown up in bad circumstances. They only live to die and live to give milk or giving eggs. I think that's not cool and everybody should think about that. When they buy meat for a small amount of money. Many people say this is a nogo.

On the other hand you can see the ecologic side. We feet animals with food that we also can eat. I heard that 80 percent of the world cereals given to animals as food. That's totally crazy if you ask me. Think about it.

There is also a very interesting documentation that I recommend. Its called "Home". You can find it on Youtube.
HappyCaptain

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:28:04 PM

Maybe because people thinks that eating vegetable is far good than eating carbs or unhealthy food cause It can also cleanse toxins from the body but it depends on different people cause some just don't have a choice but to eat vegetable because of their condition.
cryptomia

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:38:01 PM

Some people are vegetarians because they simply can't afford meat.
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:41:08 PM

Because animals have to suffer a lot during meat production and dairy production too. And it makes sense too but i really like meat too much to be a full time vegan
Some people also think that it's healthier to live a vegan life but it has a lot of disadvantages too, so i'm not really sure if it's worth it in this regard.

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: