Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is miningunited.com a SCAM, turning .1 bitcoins into .137 for almost free?  (Read 28690 times)
haveagr8day

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:07:26 PM

The only one I had in there wasn't scheduled to payout until the 25th, so I won't know for a while, but have pretty much given up on that coming back at this point.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
Tips: 14pw9gn35ueAWHvdkesQV298QLPWGBESjs
haveagr8day

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:15:34 PM

For anyone who wishes to see the transaction list, my browser had it in its cache still from last night so I have copied the entirety of the text from that page into a pastebin.
See: http://pastebin.com/gcNmg6hf

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle
Tips: 14pw9gn35ueAWHvdkesQV298QLPWGBESjs
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:30:02 PM

Miningunited.com is now redirecting to the Bitcoin wiki. Interesting.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
kentt

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:00:06 PM

Miningunited.com is now redirecting to the Bitcoin wiki. Interesting.
Not any more.  I get this:
Code:
MU is no longer available and has shut down to comply with new U.S Regulations regarding the use of BitCoin in the United States. MU is not immune to these regulations and will 100% comply.

Legal: Click Here

Related:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/homeland-securitys-move-against-bitcoin-on-mt-gox-could-foreshadow-closer-regulation/2013/05/15/c4c13f54-bd76-11e2-9b09-1638acc3942e_story.html

http://upstart.bizjournals.com/news/technology/2013/05/15/regulating-bitcoin-after-dwolla-mt-gox.html

http://www.americanbanker.com/bankthink/fincen-regulations-choking-bitcoin-entrepreneurs-1058606-1.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/06/net-us-bitcoin-regulation-idUSBRE9450Y520130506

Other BitCoin services, such as Satoshi Dice (not related to this website), will remain open but blocked to United States Users. See for yourself:

http://www.SatoshiDice.com
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:01:36 PM

At least they are giving quite a show.
But it needs more fireworks for all that money.
TheUnk

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:02:03 PM

now loads a page stating they are closed. EMail them and you get repeated info along with:

"WARNING: The website http://www.BTCcheap.com is NOT related to MU in
 anyway. ANY U.S based users using this Vietnamese website is subject
 to all regulations in your jurisdiction. It may be AGAINST THE LAW if
 you are located in the United States, even if you USE BITCOIN ONLY."

but more importantly

"A 100% BitCoin refund is being sent back to all users. U.S based users
 may take longer to receive a BitCoin refund. If your wallet was not
 compatible with our service you will NOT RECEIVE A REFUND."

We shall see if this guy was legit soon enough..
chanson

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:28:25 PM

I have also received the email. Clearly satoshi dice shutting down for US users is a problem if that's what was driving.
jipper3691

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:29:33 PM

all nonsense designed to provide time from law enforcement and provide plausible intent in the event they do catch up with him..
aint no funds being returned.... you better believe it
DBG

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

Digital Illustrator + Software/Hardware Developer

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:47:24 PM

Hey yeah, I noticed the transactions to SD too, didn't leave me with the best feeling but I also talked to the person behind the site on a few times (also miningunited.com was setup in New York, btccheap.com was from run by a person/people that were Vietnamese; that's as far as I got on my hunts aside from some previously used e-mail addresses and such, but it seems moot now).

I actually sent 3BTC (which is the most bitcoin I've ever had at one time due to a late start in taking it seriously; knew about it around its launch but just didn't act; after running the client for a few mins and not getting what it was doing I moved on... oops =p) during their BTC0.50 Weekend Promo (so it gave me 6x 0.5) which I gained from doing a week's work of coding (a good 60+ hours).  I actually sent an e-mail to their GMail address (which I had been using for the back and forth convo, nothing negative or anything, but I had a draft going that was a few days old) and received an instant auto-reply.  If I get my BTC3 back, that would be great and I'll invest it more wisely in the future, if not, hey, then tough luck for me.

Like always when it comes down to these types of situations, I'm sorry for anyone who did the equivalent of "lost their life savings" or lost real money (I have never directly bought Bitcoins with fiat cash, although I've indirectly done so in plenty of ways).  I'll hold out hope to see that return sometime this month and if it does arrive, I'm happy to work with you guys again in the future (I never did any real work for MU, however there was some talk of automating some of their site).

Bitcoin - 3DTcMYT8SmRw4o4Lbq9cvm71YaUtVuNn29
Litecoin - MAoFYsBf7BzeK86gg6WRqzFncfwWnoYZet
/* Coins are never required but always appreciated if feeling generous! */
jipper3691

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:56:55 PM

me too lost 3btc Sad

but did a sale on bitmit today so maybe i earn it back soon.....
blueblade123

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:20:52 AM

I'm at work now, typing on phone. Received email from mining united before website redirected to btccheap. Have more info, will type back in 3-4 hours. Can't check wallet right now.

We have sent you 1.00 BitCoin as an immediate emergency refund.

We are currently experiencing hacking attempts from bttcheap.com! They locked out our gmail!

MU Support Team MiningUnited.com - BitCoin Shared Servers

Just so you know, I did receive the 1 BTC to my wallet. Block Chain Here: https://blockchain.info/tx/984bb64fe1046e3675b11d41091c26d6d7109e9e5303d1ce1e42e76a420a9145

Another email I had received from Mining United about 4 days ago...

We are currently suffering hacking attempts & DDoS attacks. We were notified by GoDaddy.com and our account is locked due to too many 'incorrect password attempts' as well.

http://www.BTCCheap.com

Someone (some group) is trying to ruin our service. As you can see, that website totally stole all our scripting. Since it looks like us, people think it is us. Not good.

What is your wallet address & how much BitCoin do you currently have in our system?

This is not a mass message and was sent to you (Blueblade).

MU Support Team
MiningUnited.com - BitCoin Shared Servers
Help us help you by spreading the word of this website!
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 01:59:19 AM

Cross posted just for fun (and to get my post count up there with Bruno!)

According to MiningUnited (scammer) they claim that BTCCheap (another scammer) is attacking their web site and trying to shut them down.  Since they are both blatant scammers, anything is possible - except every one of both of their customers being able to make these returns for much longer.

Let's see what is going on right now (at the time I posted this):

http://miningunited.com <- hacked and taken down by btccheap, losers, not able to scam at the moment

http://btccheap.com <- still up and taking bets, the better hackers, still scamming at the moment

When will MiningUnited strike back?

Reminds me of one of my favorite scenes from the series Justified where he tries to arrest some bad guys and the bad guys get in an argument and end of shooting each other dead.  Maybe these two love birds will hack each other to pieces.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Doomsby (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:54:25 AM

A 100% BitCoin refund is being sent back to all users. U.S based users
may take longer to receive a BitCoin refund. If your wallet was not
compatible with our service you will NOT RECEIVE A REFUND.

Why would it take longer to return to U.S. based users? They are bitcoin addresses...

I am interested if there is actually a reason or if this is just BS to keep U.S. based users off his back...
greetke

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:45:13 AM

according to this thread the "payouts" don't appear on the blockchain, so most probably a scam
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 06:27:19 AM

according to this thread the "payouts" don't appear on the blockchain, so most probably a scam
Why do you guys post the same thing?

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 06:33:32 AM

Why do you guys post the same thing?

Titeti is a spam bot, I banned him.  They sometimes copy posts in longer threads like this one, sometimes with amusing effects. Report them if you see it.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 2201

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 06:49:07 AM

Titeti is a spam bot, I banned him.  They sometimes copy posts in longer threads like this one, sometimes with amusing effects. Report them if you see it.
I see, will do.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 07:24:46 AM

Man, we called this one a long time ago. Ponzi scheme complete!

For people who are still feeling optimistic... stop.

Some people posted that MU was DDoS'd by another site, but now their page says they have closed to comply with US regulations--which is complete bullshit. They weren't touching USD, which means the US has absolutely no interest in them whatsoever. The fact that they posted this (again, very very weak) lie proves one more time that it's all a big show.

I really hope the people who posted way back with "it's too early to call it a scam, why are you making these unfounded claims?" were fake accounts and not actual, logical human beings  Tongue

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
blueblade123

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:00:17 AM

It's possible... Even though the eBay auction is saying he lives in Ohio, and the information we have for MU is that he lives in New York.
blueblade123

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:27:55 AM

this wouldn"t be the owner would it. If so this guy would be easy to identify. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BitCoin-Mining-1250Mh-s-Generate-0-0755-BitCoins-ONLY-0-05-BitCoins-/111054423420

anyone can lie on a domain..
if anything he deserves a call..lol
Contact information:
REMOVED

Wow, what a dick thing to do... What if it's NOT him? You just gave out someone's personal information JUST BECAUSE he was selling/reselling a MiningUnited package. If you don't know for sure, don't post personal details.

Maybe the guy was trying to get the 1 BTC bounty MiningUnited was offering for traffic. It was around the same time as this auction.
Get up to 1.0 BitCoin, free:
Receive a payout? Like our service?  Like what we're doing here?
Send us a link showing where you recommend us on a media outlet: forum, blog, reddit, youtube, or other and receive up to 1.0 BitCoin! Bonus amount varies based on the impact your recommendation has.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: