Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:38:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is miningunited.com a SCAM, turning .1 bitcoins into .137 for almost free?  (Read 28694 times)
kodo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:47:50 PM

Great post, thanks
blindfaith

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

www.coincloud.tk :)

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 05:57:07 PM

Just finished my bible @ ic3.gov Wink
Hopefully others have too!

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
martiz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:13:34 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2013, 07:15:04 AM by martiz

...(blubber #1)...

Actually, I never got paid for 4 packages. A 0.25 on 5-8-13, a 0.05 on 5-8-13, a 0.05 on 5-11-13, and a 0.05 on 5-12-13. Why I got a full 1 BTC, I don't know.

...(blubber #2)...

Even if there was such a payment, that would mean that you had 0.4 BTC in orders not yet paid out. So, why would you get 1 BTC?

Well... in this case, I gotta have to crawl out of my hole and announce myself as a so-called "dumb idiot" who was also scammed by M.U. despite of reading some warnings here. Now I got this painful experience (lost my first hard-earned 0.25 BTCs) and had learned my lessons. Yeah, it was truly painful as a beginner but yet good to remember for myself as reference.

Now on to another part of this topic:
If blueblade123 got a so-called 1 BTC emergency refund although he only invested 0.4 BTC, how about sending the rest to others... like myself? If you need proof, I can post these right here if no one objects.

I know that others being scammed could protest that they should get being refunded first, so I'm leaving the decision to blueblade123 alone what to do whether to keep it, got another idea or whatever.

Just my (also first) two cents.

Edit: Forgot to close a quote...
ghibly79
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

Crypto entrepreneur and consultant

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:16:21 PM

Too good to be true=99% scam.
blindfaith

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:32:25 PM

...yeah anyone who got an 'emergency refund' of "too much"
feel free to share your gains with the less fortunate!
1PZ2cRn17Y54VkHuq9R1kqWEPAhGe6kw5e <3

Also..

If you follow the largest chunks of payments through BTC addresses, they take you to today with still what I would class as 'large' amounts being passed round..  Might start taking note of suspicious wallet ID's that could be linked.

Feel free to: anyone who bought a 'package' at MU, PM me with the address they sent their payment to! (it changed every few days/weeks)
- Going to follow the largest chunks and see where the majority is ending up because it only seems to be a few ID's with a lot of BTC.

A Ship Is Safe In The Harbor,  But That's Not What Ships Are For | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll
~ 3 BTC Raffle! Free Entry! > here! .. Also check out my own little project here & find out how to earn mBTC by chatting here ~ Smiley
blueblade123

Activity: 91

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:41:14 PM

I am at work right now, so I don't have time for a full explanation, but will respond later on today. The 2 missing payments of 0.05 bitcoins to the 1Q address was to the premium account wallet address. The 1Q address was a mining united premium account.

Now, as I said, I do not know why he gave me a full bitcoin for the emergency refund. I was entitled to only 0.4 bitcoins total. Can't explain that one.

Btw, I appreciate you for doing the legwork and checking my blockchains. It is helping me show that I'm not BSing anyone and laying out the facts of my use of the service.
blindfaith

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 06:52:15 PM

Anyone 'chasing or exploring' the payments from MU address' - I keep finding things like 100BTC bets to satoshi dice etc. - I think the guy ended up scamming a LOT more than he thought he would, hence 'silly' bets and also like he wanted rid of 'the evidence'.

I've started a list of wallets with a lot in them(that have been sent them indirectly thru MU ID's etc.), to be honest they could all be legit but I feel I may have atleast 1 person wallet of his!

LavaWave

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 07:52:01 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 07:54:27 PM by tysat

The individual registered MiningUnited with domainsbyproxy.com, which is private to the public but not to DomainsByProxy. There are so many digital trails left by this fool, you could easily track him/her down if it's worth your time. I lost a little under 4 BTC (1.5 of which was returned through MU) and completely invested knowing I was gambling that BTC; it was my best option at mining free BTC and I took the risk... and lost. I filed through ic3.gov and have done my own research to track the individual. If the FBI were to actually get on this case, which could happen if enough people file at ic3.gov, they could catch them in a day of work, easily.

Completely agree! I'm also of the belief that someone will track him/her or them down. So whether they were playing SatoshiDice50% to help refund users, get rid of the evidence, or to line more of their pockets, at this point it really doesn't matter. I'm a firm believer in KARMA!

░░  ░░░     ░░░▒▒░░░░
          ░▓▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░░░░    ░░▒░░░░
      ░▒▓▓░▒▓▓░░▓▓▓▒░▓▓▓▓▒     ░░▓▒░
     ░░░▒▒      ░░░ ░▒▓▓▓░░░▒▓▒  ░░▒░░
    ░▓▓░  ░░░░░       ░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓▓ ░▓▓▒░ 
    ░░░ ░░░░░░░          ░░▓▓▓▓▓ ░▒▒░░ 
   ░▒▓░  ░░░░░░            ░░░░░ ▒▓▓▒░
    ░▒▒░   ░░                   ▒░░░░
     ░░░ ░░░░░░              ░░▓▓▓▒░
        ░░░░░░░           ░▒▒▒░░▒░░
          ░░░░      ░░░░ ░▒▓▓▓▓░
          ░░░░░░  ░░▓▓▓▓▒░░▒▓▒░░
           ░░░░░  ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
            ░░░░░░  ░▒▓▒░░  ░░░
             ░░░░░░░      ░░░
               ░░░░░░░░░░░░░
                   ░░  ░░
  COSS.IO
Crypto One Stop Solution
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..⧉ Multi-Wallet  ⧉ Exchange   ⧉ Merchant Platform
       COSS Token - An ERC20 based Token - revenue generating cryptocurrency     
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
..  ICO Details   
Whitepaper         ANN
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚

▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
▞⧯▚
blueblade123

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:01:59 PM

...the only other possible payments you could have made to MiningUnited were the 2 for 0.05 BTC to address 1Q8wC2Z2CkqMB6h9LwXVnKpnsWv9G3DiX8.

Agreed, These payments were sent to the Premium wallet address. When I became a premium member, I received an email with 3 new addresses for the different mining packages. So I sent 2 payments of 0.05 to 1Q8wC2Z2CkqMB6h9LwXVnKpnsWv9G3DiX8.

The next orders are 3114 and 3135. If we check the address of order 3134, which is 1NZkyjA8qhsxAPRegZCNCJYrUkJHYenHfe, then there should be a 0.05 payment to 1Q8wC2Z2CkqMB6h9LwXVnKpnsWv9G3DiX8 just before your last one at 2013-05-12 13:51:15. There was no such payment.

I have no idea where you're going with this one. If you are saying my order numbers were 3114 and 3135, then I'll believe you. I don't remember off the top of my head. I don't know what you're trying to say about the 3134... I'm not following you. Would you mind trying to Reexplain?
Even if there was such a payment, that would mean that you had 0.4 BTC in orders not yet paid out. So, why would you get 1 BTC?

No idea why I got a full bitcoin. Didn't ask for 1 full bitcoin, didn't tell him I had more than the 0.4 bitcoins in the order Que, So I don't know why. I won't complain about it though. I got more then I was owed. Go me.

The facts speak for themselves.

Agreed. I think between the two of us, we laid out the complete facts. I used the service. I received payments from Mining United for mining packages I purchased in April and earlier in the month of May. I did not receive payments for 4 mining packages I purchased before they shut down. I received a 1 BTC emergency refund, which over half wasn't owed to me. 
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 10:05:56 PM

Blueblade needs a scammer tag.

blueblade123

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 10:40:23 PM

Seriously Bitpop? You need to GTFO. I've brought honest, fact based information to this thread, and all you've done is b*tch, whine, complain, and accuse people the whole time! I've been nothing but honest, putting out well thought out posts and attempting to lay out facts, discrepancies, and showing people respect throughout the whole time I've been on this forum. Let's go over some of YOUR recent posts..

Quote from: bitpop
But then again blind faith was also a strong supporter
Turd
Aren't you a scammer?
I know some of you are at a loss without being scammed so I invite you to join me here:
http://merlinsmagicbitcoins.com/merchant/
You'll give it to him on his next site ;-)

Might be time you proved you're not some mindless idiot pecking away accusations, and generally just being a little prick.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:15:42 PM

Here's what it comes down to. I was warning people the whole time. Of course I bitched that this was scam.

It comes down to, did anyone read your posts or blindfaiths and increase their confidence to invest by even 1%? If so, you are an accessory to the scam.

blindfaith

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:19:41 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2013, 11:41:23 PM by blindfaith

This thread's becoming the last person who posted, apparently "did it"..

Myself & Blade only posted our experiences at the time of happening.. obviously we're no longer backing up as things all went tits up!

----------------

Anywaaaaaaaaaaay,
Yeah.. If my 'research' is right this guy's atleast sucked 600+ BTC from the community.

BTC600 = Roughly £48,260 / $73,380 just now..

He's also been online everyday since on his M.U forum account(s) but hasn't posted via M.U account since 14.5.13,
Cute he's kinda spying on us.. hot topic!

But yeah.. If what I've discovered so far is all true, can we hurry up and bring this guy down?

kthnxbi.
xo

update: I'm pretty sure I'm like 2 steps behind the guy in transactions I've been following. Wink
I'll watch what happens in the next day or so on the addresses... then follow them Tongue

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:22:11 PM

It's time to go through the stages of grief and move on.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:24:12 PM

I don't see that someone who honestly didn't believe MU was a scam and said so was an accessory to the scam.  No one ever has 100% of all the information, and clearly, we've all been on a learning curve about this...  Except of course for Bitpop who knew it all along.

LOL about sending donations to the less fortunate--if you accidentally got an extra refund.  I too would be happy to help you spend it :-)
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2013, 11:28:55 PM

I may have been harsh. Sorry. I am just upset that the extra little support some people gave mu have may have made more people lose money. Be conscious of that next time.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 20, 2013, 11:49:07 PM

I only found this forum after the damage was done, so I definitely did not promote MU here (or anywhere)--it all went up in smoke way to quickly.  In fact, I wish I'd found this thread before, but you know what they say, if wishes were horses...

The only way to make sure the BTC we lost was not wasted is to learn all we can from the experience, and I hope I have.

But yes, I understand the frustration of feeling as if your warnings are falling on deaf ears and that if only people would listen they wouldn't get hurt.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:24:48 AM

Here's what it comes down to. I was warning people the whole time. Of course I bitched that this was scam.

It comes down to, did anyone read your posts or blindfaiths and increase their confidence to invest by even 1%? If so, you are an accessory to the scam.

Don't be retarded
bennett616

Activity: 70

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2013, 12:32:05 AM

(Read 8200 times) :/

Andy B

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 21, 2013, 12:51:12 AM

Sadly, reporting this to the FBI is pointless. They don't even look at scams under $10 million USD, yet alone scams that existed purely in bitcoin. Hell, we know exactly who Pirate@40 (a.k.a. Trendon Shavers) is, and yet he's out free and living it up. I wish you guys the best of luck with this, but don't convince yourself that justice will be served.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: