Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:57:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bill Gates or Zuckerberg buy Bitcoin  (Read 4406 times)
niokobo (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 10:48:52 PM

Bitcoin has a Market Cap of 19 billion so that means all bitcoin in circulation at that moment are worth 19 billion??

Bill Gates has a fortune of what 60 billion and zuckerberg approximatly 40 billion, i know they dont just have that mney laying around but assume zuckerberg would sell of all of his facebook shares and buys off as many bitcoins as he can for his money (40 billion) could he just buy all of them.

of course he wouldnt just buy them all at once and he for sure wouldnt sell all his facebook shares all at once but we assume he switches his facebook shares over a period of a few years all in crypto

could he just buy all of them??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coin-Keeper

Activity: 758
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:16:45 AM

Well he can only buy my stash of coins if I decide to sell them to him.  Same for any of us here.  If a guy like that decided to do what you suggested the price of coins would be millions each by the time the last 20% of the blockchain became his.  For me personally, such a "dream" would make me an instant multi multi millionare.  If only he would go for it, but he won't!  The other reality is that a move like that would probably crash the entire scheme.

BTC: 1PYSBbuKM3kW19xe9TXJQfq64rPhd8XorF
Staked and Verified: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=996318.msg17102755#msg17102755
s0nix

Activity: 784
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 12:30:48 AM

In theory yes.
But on the other hand Bill Gates also can only buy if we all want to sell.
And I think at the moment this is not the case. So, he would have to exaggerate the course in a short time and still gets not all...
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 01:48:53 AM

My theory is Zuckerberg has been secretly selling Facebook stock to fuel his Bitcoin addiction. I think he has been acquiring Bitcoins since the Winklevoss twin's have been getting so much publicity. When news breaks that Zuckerberg has 1 million BTC, the price will skyrocket!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 01:54:42 AM

My theory is Zuckerberg has been secretly selling Facebook stock to fuel his Bitcoin addiction. I think he has been acquiring Bitcoins since the Winklevoss twin's have been getting so much publicity. When news breaks that Zuckerberg has 1 million BTC, the price will skyrocket!
Do you think Zuckerberg will trade coins on Gemini  Cheesy

Anyone can buy as many bitcoins as they like but i know some people that just would not sell all there coins no matter what the price was.
If anyone was trying to do this quickly then things would get very expensive very quick for them.

oxygen88

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 06:51:35 AM

I think they do hold some bitcoins with them but I don't think they are aiming for profit via trading because they are already rich enough  Cheesy
Alen1010

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:05:47 AM

I think they can but they have already rich so they won't have to hold some Bitcoin
chocobeem

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 09:07:17 AM

Bill Gates is Already No 1 Rich of world I think why he invest and earn money from sites
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 09:16:59 AM

Bill Gates is Already No 1 Rich of world I think why he invest and earn money from sites
Because the rich are never happy with what they have, they always want more and if there's money to be made then they will be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake.

enunrom

Activity: 574
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:19:40 PM

I do not think, they already have a lot of money.
Maybe for fun  Cheesy
leepfrog

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 03:21:56 PM

Why buy Bitcoin when they could put their name and fiances toward their own projects that could blow bigger than Bitcoin ever could.
s0nix

Activity: 784
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 04:02:38 PM

Because the rich are never happy with what they have, they always want more and if there's money to be made then they will be on it like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Yes that's right. Most of those are never satisfied and looks for ways to make even more money.

Why buy Bitcoin when they could put their name and fiances toward their own projects that could blow bigger than Bitcoin ever could.

It was just a theoretical question.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 05:49:25 AM

They would not totally invest all of it in bitcoins .they would go for more and more profitable business investing , and investing all in bitcoins would be foolishness.
adidas

Activity: 448

Americans do it better

View Profile
February 25, 2017, 11:37:20 AM

If they want they can buy all the Bitcoins they want. Their capital allows them to do this thing. Bill Gates is an old man now so I am excluding it from the interest in Bitcoin while Mark Zuckenberg is relatively young and he may have future interest in bitcoin.

nyanhtet

Activity: 476

Bawga

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:57:11 PM

Trust me. They don't want to waste time in this shit.  Cool

Develop Custom Decentralized Blockchain Applications in JavaScript with LISK!         
  Website | Blog | Reddit | Chat - Be part of the decentralized application movement!
  Lisk Delegate - Communitypool: 80% reward sharing delegate
Transparency Report
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:58:53 AM

Think about what would happen if Gates offered half his fortune to the devs, to entirely leave Bitcoin, and let him take the reigns of development. Gates and his crew can easily program Bitcoin a different way. And if they leave it open source, and people find out that the core programming has been turned against them, what will happen to the price of Bitcoin then?

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Gates hadn't already built a core to his own specs, and was simply waiting for the opportunity to use it. Maybe he has found a path into the blockchain already, and is corrupting it in tiny ways.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:47:07 AM

Bitcoin has a Market Cap of 19 billion so that means all bitcoin in circulation at that moment are worth 19 billion??

Bill Gates has a fortune of what 60 billion and zuckerberg approximatly 40 billion, i know they dont just have that mney laying around but assume zuckerberg would sell of all of his facebook shares and buys off as many bitcoins as he can for his money (40 billion) could he just buy all of them.

of course he wouldnt just buy them all at once and he for sure wouldnt sell all his facebook shares all at once but we assume he switches his facebook shares over a period of a few years all in crypto

could he just buy all of them??

No, any major sale of facebook shares will lower the price of the shares and with it its fortune, any attempt to buy many bitcoin will push the price up, they will be able to buy many coins if that is what they want but they will not be able to buy them all, besides why they will want to own all the bitcoins since at that point bitcoin will be useless because no one will be able to make transactions or to trade with bitcoin.
Veider_lord

Activity: 48

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 11:47:07 AM

They are wealthy people and can afford to buy everything except immortality. Bitcoin can only take for the sake of entertainment.
CreativeBuilds

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 12:32:15 PM

If they wanted to they could buy lots of bitcoin, as someone else pointed out though this would increase the demand the more they bought, also increasing the price to such a point were bitcoins would be so expensive that there would be no point for them to buy any more and would mostly likely just cashout.
Casanova18

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:22:10 PM

Any acquisition must make sense. Why do they need bitcoin? It is not their issue. Though of course if Microsoft sold the software only for bitcoins it could give a large increase in the prevalence of bitcoin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: