Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: QTUM - calling all S-C-A-M Hunters. Billionaires, whales, chinese exchanges??  (Read 7811 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ICOcountdown.com

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 10:58:48 PM

https://medium.com/@icocountdown/due-diligence-pack-for-qtum-7369ef48917b#.vktswpql4

https://twitter.com/ICOcountdown/status/836316483504521222

Here you go everyone Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 01:29:55 AM

Cryptohunter, I don't know the background of this exactly, but the high-paying sig campaign with a self-moderated thread sends up a red flag.  Scammers with new coins hype them to death, and I've seen this before with Candlecoin (?) and one or two others.  None of this surprises me, and it's why I don't invest in shit coins.

Indeed bring back fair launch POW this is all getting out of hand.

rebel69

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:14:12 AM

BTC, LTC = Legit
99.9% of other coins = scams

irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:27:54 AM

BTC, LTC = Legit
No, Crypto is evolving and no one can control it. How good is that?

http://heatledger.ghost.io/2016-year-end-crypto-roundup/
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 06:33:31 PM

BTC, LTC = Legit

that could be a tad harsh ... but yes a lot of these new ICO's are pretty risky to say the very least.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 07:23:55 PM

yep 0/10 would not invest. but nice to see some "big" names burn in this one Smiley

DAIA

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 08:06:25 PM

DAIA has conducted a review of the upcoming Qtum ICO:
http://daia.group/2017/02/28/review-qtum/
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 08:31:10 PM

Lets avoid sentiments, I expect a honorable person who is wrongly accuse to come around and defend themselves. Cases like this had shown up in the past that all we heard was that exposure, just like a rumour It turn out to be true. We need to protect ourselves from such scams, It can be so hurting to the community and forum if they were defrauded. If it turns out to be true the forum had served its purpose
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:07:54 PM

Fuck you cocksuckers for not telling me this thread was up.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:10:41 PM

Fuck you cocksuckers

Which hole?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 09:35:44 PM

Fuck you cocksuckers for not telling me this thread was up.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

sure, but I only accept paycoin

iamnotback

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:40:26 PM

BTC, LTC = Legit

Devolving:

This thread should be about scoring every ICO and project based on Coinbase's Securities Law Framework.

The Common Enterprise items are determining whether the token holder has the ability to effect his own destiny without depending on actions of some group that received the Investment of Money.

The Expectation of Profits are if the token holders are expecting to receive collectivized profits from the ongoing operation of the enterprise or system. However the Howey test also refers to expectation of gains, so that would also include investment gains. So IMO the expectation of profits is tied into whether the token holders' potential investment gains depend on some group that received the Investment of Money. If so, then I am going to give at least 100 points for that category.

Note if your project and token is truly decentralized, you will receive a 0 scoring on every category. So please don't tell me this regulation is interring with our ability to have decentralized systems. The law exists for a very good reason. The authorities are standing back and allowing us to reap what we sow, before they are forced to regulate eventually if we don't build truly decentralized systems.

Crowdsales that sell some product that will be produced by the funding raise (was Kickstarter's original model) are not investments with an expectation of profit. The only expectation is to receive the goods purchased. Selling tokens can be considered a s/w product, if there is no expectation of profit and/or dependency on the group that received the money invested. Crowd equity sites already exist on the Internet for companies that want to raise equity funding.

Watch Out, the ICOs Are Coming

The 3 typical characteristics, team, product and market seem to have taken a secondary position to the 3 new magical words: tokens, blockchain and decentralization.

Token utility linkage is not always there

The assumption that everything with a potential network effect is going to work with a decentralization starting point is not entirely true. The blockchain is not for everything.

The solution or product being developed needs to have a solid business model linkage that has a particular value when decentralization and/or tokenization of actions take place. The promise of a new model needs to be very compelling.

In the name of decentralization, the promises are big. You can’t just slap a token to anything, and expect magic to happen.

The token is not the business model. The value proposition or utility that is enabled by the token is the business model, and that linkage needs to be there early on. If the direction is not right, the chosen path will not lead to a good place.

Neither WeTrust nor Edgeless need their own token. Someone will create copies of their smart contracts which operate with ETH or BTC or which ever is the most liquid and popular token.

Users are not going to adopt a different colored coin for every service they want to use, nor go buy colored coins for every WeTrust fee they need to pay.

These companies need to develop business models that don't depend on them each creating their own unit-of-exchange, because monetary theory informs us that will never happen!

The ICO craze is for taking money from stupid people. Simple as that.

All of you who are buying these tokens are going to lose.
Impeachcoin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2017, 01:32:20 AM

Very suspicious project... I will stay VERY far away...
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 03:22:41 AM

BTC, LTC = Legit

Devolving:

Nah. It's evolving, for sure
evolution
English
(wikipedia) (wikiversity lecture)
Noun
(en-noun)
The process of accumulating change.
A progression of change, often branching and diversifying in the process.
(general) Gradual directional change especially one leading to a more advanced or complex form; growth; development
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:22:47 AM

I looked at page 1 of the ANN and seen enough..
The very first *ignored* question / statement was "this better not be another ICO"
Further down it was confirmed it was ..There was not enough room to say ICO i guess in the first post  Cheesy

It's REAL simple ..i don't support ICO's period.

If all those big shot idiot douche bags have money to burn then they can fund their own project..
THEN RELEASE IT WHEN IT'S MADE !

Rich people cooking up convoluted "schemes" using trendy tag lines is all this forum has amounted to in time.
I kept seeing "The internet of things" popping up and an old favorite "Smart Contracts"
And boasting about things like getting featured on Forbes or Yahoo etc.
They will post anything you submit for a fee like most "news" sites.
Yahoo was proud to post about LEO Coin for fuck sakes ROFL  Cheesy

As always it just amounts to one thing.. will this "Scheme" drum up enough popularity ?
Then the Investards here will buy in.. what it is etc is of no importance.
Berni Madoff could come here and these idiots would buy his bullshit if they thought there was profits to be had.

You all do what ever the hell you want.. all i know is they weren't getting any of my money.
It wasn't even close either.  Roll Eyes

And before you cry FUD bear in mind i don't care what you all do.
It's a pointless waste of my time lecturing the greedy & stupid.. and blatantly corrupt.
Go hard Investards buy yer ICO'z fer teh ROI'z for all i care  Cheesy

Me ?
I buy products that are made.. not digital ICO scheme IOU's for profit *maybe "one day"

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 10:18:42 AM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 12:12:21 PM by iamnotback

BTC, LTC = Legit

Devolving:

Nah. It's evolving, for sure
evolution
English
(wikipedia) (wikiversity lecture)
Noun
(en-noun)
The process of accumulating change.
A progression of change, often branching and diversifying in the process.
(general) Gradual directional change especially one leading to a more advanced or complex form; growth; development

Yours is a low IQ retort.

Devolving is more specific than your implied definition of evolving. We can say the universe is evolving, but in your implied definition that doesn't distinguish between systems that are diverging or converging.

In other words (for those slow-minded), in his implied definition of evolving, there exist two subsets and one of the subsets is devolving, thus something can be both evolving and devolving (if we use his incorrect implied definition of evolving).

Notwithstanding the correctness of the prior sentence (i.e. prior sentence is correct regardless), evolving is often taken to mean converging (which your quoted definition seems to state) since if we evolve to extinction then we did not survive evolution.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:00:52 PM

Ha sorry i thought you knew about this one. I should have titled it calling gleb since you practically crushed it single handed. Awesome work.

QTUM now REKTUM -

^^ someone else coined that not me^^ appropriate though.

We need to just say no to scammers. If you scam once you are a pariah and not to be accepted back. Sorry once trust is broken that's it.

iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:19:39 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 02:30:21 PM by iamnotback

Fuck you cocksuckers for not telling me this thread was up.  Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

sure, but I only accept paycoin

They are speculating about this in the other ScamCoins--Us thread:

Too early to speculate about 'pimps' Shocked
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 04:11:58 PM

All i have thought the entire time i have been in Crypto is..
The more we all lower our standards for ROI'z the worse this all gets..
AND.. the more our potential for real large profits evaporate and attract bad laws.

I have seen the red-flags really badly from the majority in crypto since i got here mid-2013.

I was here in the middle of the night and i seen yet another guy say..
He was NOT losing interest because "he's still making money *sometimes"
And there you have it.. the entire scene summed up.

Who, what, where, when or why is 100% completely irrelevant.
All we have is sleazy spineless little douche bags that will popularize and push along ANY shithead scam that rolls along.
And it all snow balls with more rigged scam coins led by bigger pocket books.
Scam as in a "coin" deliberately released for the primary reason of profits.
Masked in the plausible deniability.

They just keep pushing a new coin in the grey area.
Into the we can't prove it's only made for profits area.
They know the game here and they are not leaving.

Either you people here desperate stupid & greedy smarten up or you WILL suffer the consequences.
And that goes for the idiot services too who support all the moronic schemes that never stop coming.
The entire scene keeps go along with the scam so they can profit off it.. then another comes out.
Then idiots chant how Altcoins are doing great and things have never been better.
Bull fucking shit idiots.
Altcoins are dead !
No one here is doing this with any credibility.. all we have is scammers left.

Take ethereum the no. 2 coin on planet Earth.
My scam topic on it and what we all figured out about it on launch was enough to scare people away from it for 2 years.
They secretly and quietly manipulated the price up over time and then ran a grandiose pump & hype campaign then you all forgot about morality and it's sketchy launch and started flogging it.. repeating the exact hype scene that happened with Doge coin.

I am tired of playing the rigged scammer coin game by whales -Monoply for ROI's with crooked coinz bankers.
Only an idiot who is desperate would play along with a corrupt rigged game.

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:02:59 PM

And so now we have Roger Ver associated with DASH and QTUM, so that is allegedly two scams already.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: