Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:25:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8172 times)
expless

Activity: 200
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:05:38 AM

I think the price of BTC will go up in the event of disaster!

The BTC is called digital gold, and when there is a massive natural disaster, people buy gold!

Now people will also buy BTC, so the price of BTC will go up!
Things will be very much different at that time and that we cannot even imagine the situation which will be at that time as there will a lot of chaos all around the world and everyone will be trying to save the life of his dear ones. In my opinion, the market value of the bitcoin will fall at that time as all those will be having the bitcoins will try to sell their coins to save their life and to fulfil their needs.
Of course the price of bitcoin decrease because everything crashes in a state of war. How is it possible that bitcoin will survive during war or global disaster? People try to safe their lives and no body enen thinks of doing business or care about his money. When you alive you will earn more but if you die everything finishes. In such situation bitcoin will go underground.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:50:05 AM

I must agree with that. We should consider out safety before doing other things like the profit and other assets that we have, because it's doesn't matter if we will die in that war
We should not expect any such kind of thing as this will result into huge financial loss as well as human loss. In case, there comes a situation of war, then you need to look for the ways which can keep you safe and that you can manage to survive. After that disaster, things will be very much different and that I don’t think so after that, anything will be able to have a better reputation.
Global and natural disaster are not because of human, i think that it may have bad effect on every walk of life, we should not compare bitcoin with global disaster, because it do not have any direct relation with it, i think that bitcoin will survive even in such situation because bitcoin is now going to become our main currency throughout the world.
It is natural when there is natural desasters there will be financial desasters too and when there is financial disasters, people will have no money for investment. They only think about the necessary things of daily life. It is very unnatural that the investment cap will remain the same. There is no doubt that investment will reduce and put great impact on bitcoin.
danwanyd

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:58:50 AM

In the global catastrophe, I believe that all the value of money will decline, BTC is not exceptional also, they will sell the BTC, in order to prepare for disaster and ready, I think the value of BTC will decline.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:47:14 AM

In my opinion, a local disaster will help raise the price of the crypto currency, and the global one, on the contrary, will either reduce it, or lead to its total devaluation as a wholly unnecessary thing in this period of time. With a global disaster, few will ever remember for a crypto currency, in such a period only barter will be in price. And the running goods will be basic necessities: food, clothing, tools, etc.
Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:30:12 AM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy
I think it doesn't matter what happens if there was an electricity and Internet connection the price of bitcoin is normal. Pump and dump it. Cause bitcoin is in cyber world how come that disaster can affects bitcoin when disaster cant see bitcoin? Think about it. Bitcoin will fluctuate normal its just a disaster.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:30:23 AM

That depends on the type of disaster bitcoin and the rest of cryptos may face. If the disaster would mean the interest and demand of the people, then that would probably affect the value of bitcoin in the process because we know that bitcoin's price is based on the demand of the people.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:34:18 AM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

I believe that it will make the price of bitcoins to increase even more since other countries will have a problem if there's a disaster and bitcoin price will decrease drastically and people we keep on investing a huge amount in order to earn more profit when the market goes back to normal.
queenlaurel

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:26:49 PM

This depends on the global disaster you are talking about. If it's the type that will affect networks e.g internet and calls, then yes it will decrease the bitcoin value. E.g you have Bitcoin you want to sell but can't access it or even get through to people that wants to buy, then it's useless. I hope we don't experience that anyway.

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN www.wppenergy.io
Uno17

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:10:04 PM

Absolutely yes there is an effect of decrease to all currency in the market including bitcoin and all other cryptocurrency in the market. Global disasters, wars, and global oil price increase will have a big impact of decreasing the value of any currency, that is why peace and order is very important also and maintaining good reputation of the bitcoin status.
fight-T

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:36:18 PM

If it is a disaster for bitcoin then I think it could be just a catastrophic loss of internet or catastrophic global blackout, if we want to make a bitcoin purchase, sale or exchange transaction then it will not be possible if no internet and no electricity. I hope this is just suppose.
Lorin

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 10:37:32 PM

Maybe it can decrease the bitcoin value depends on the kind of disaster.Nowadays theres a lot of disaster happened  in different part of the world. We cannot define when and where should it be thats why it has also affect on the situation of bitcoin,  we all know that bitcoin  process by the use of internet so if  electricity is absent people cannot transact bitcoin.
stimliall

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 01:14:00 PM

Global disaster will reduce the value of BTC!
Because the Internet will be greatly damaged, BTC's network becomes very slow! BTC's payment has become very complicated, people use cash more than BTC to pay!
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 02:02:06 PM

Hi ! First message here.

Wars and natural disasters greatly affect infrastructure - electrical and computer systems, in particular.
I think in such a case the value of bitcoin would shrink to zero and physical methods of payment (precious metals, some pieces of valuable equipment, food, water) would substitute traditional money.
Bitcoin can live only if electricity and the Internet survive..

Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:05:54 PM

If it is a disaster for bitcoin then I think it could be just a catastrophic loss of internet or catastrophic global blackout, if we want to make a bitcoin purchase, sale or exchange transaction then it will not be possible if no internet and no electricity. I hope this is just suppose.

There's no doubt that if disaster hits globally, it is possible that the value of bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies will decrease because no one can make any transactions due to infrustructures damaged and possibility of total black out. Cryptocurrencies at this moment are useless and should possibly recover when the nations will be rebuilded.
docxdrl

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 12:17:54 PM

There's no doubt that if disaster hits globally, it is possible that the value of bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies will decrease because no one can make any transactions due to infrustructures damaged and possibility of total black out. Cryptocurrencies at this moment are useless and should possibly recover when the nations will be rebuilded.

In the event of a global disaster who then holds all the bitcoins?
Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 12:28:34 PM

If this global disaster will destroyed the power plant and there is no internet connection every where then of course it has a great effect to bitcoin value. If there is no internet nobody can make transaction and do trading. We hope such kind of disaster will not happen even war or whatever not good event to happen.

rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:21:09 PM

During disaster use of crypto increases because there is hard to move from one place to another and people made transaction with Bitcoin.Experts also predict if there will be third world war Bitcoin will be used massively,It is a signal that Bitvoin have strong future and you can use it for any uncertainties.
Eliyo

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:44:48 PM

Disasters of such magnitude comes with consequences depending on the scale of damage because some natural equilibrium with some players of the crypto world may change. If it affects major technological hobs supporting the crypto currencies then a nose diving ripple effect may be experienced and vise visa.
sepeda karat

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:58:29 PM

In general it will increase the BTC value, unless something so great happens that water and food are the only important things to look for. And many people in affected places using bitcoin will sell it because they need money to recover their homes, buy clothes, buying food and others. I do not think if global disaster will affect the bitcoin price I do not know what way it will affect if they have.
yakafi

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 02:15:38 PM

Hi ! First message here.

I think the global disaster will really damage the value of every currency and investment. Investments do not keep people safe when their lives are risky, people will not sit there and watch their BTC value, they prefer to sell it and make sure they are safe. That's in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: