Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:28:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerusalem Post: Bitcoin is for terrorism  (Read 4266 times)
pa (OP)

Activity: 528
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:14:52 AM

http://www.jpost.com/Features/FrontLines/Article.aspx?id=310318
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:25:23 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 05:12:41 PM by Pangia

This is a "what if" and "most likely" type article.  Didn't take long for the ones who actually peddle terrorism themselves to attempt to label Bitcoin with the terrible T (terrorist) word.  

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

When the email appeared it was the same argument against it.
Bad people can misuse anything.
If we go back to the stone age terrorists will use stones.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 12:01:27 PM

FUD and the four horsemen of infocalypse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Infocalypse

n0rupp

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 01:25:26 PM

Well Terrorism is used to describe half of the people on earth by some people.
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 04:55:11 PM

So the Israeli terrorists (state-backed terrorists) are saying that Bitcoin can be used by non-state-backed terrorists, and are therefore bad?

Sweet.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 05:57:52 PM

I heard Judson-Christian ideologies could be used for terrorism too. Maybe we should gas the lot of em?
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:27:36 AM

LIGNET just did the same thing:

Bitcoin Virtual Money Opens Door for Terror Finance
 - http://tinyurl.com/d2urh4z

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:36:30 AM

So the Israeli terrorists (state-backed terrorists) are saying that Bitcoin can be used by non-state-backed terrorists, and are therefore bad?

Sweet.

I agree that the article is outrageous, anything can be used for crime, but explain how the Israelis are terrorists? They get murdered by Nazis and finally get (back) a homeland (that they used to own) and since then have been bombed, missiled, invaded, kidnapped, etc. Sure, like any nation they have made mistakes, I'm no Isrealophile, but I'm not sure that their largely (maybe overzealous) self-defense is terrorism.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:53:51 AM

explain how the Israelis are terrorists?

Israel has a state.  You don't keep your people in line by telling them they can do whatever they want.  You strike fear in their little hearts by telling them if they do something you don't like, you'll throw them in jail.

You disguise this as being for their own good; you make killing illegal, even if it won't stop killing.  You make thievery illegal, even if it won't stop thieving.  You then introduce the idea of treason, to ensure nobody will question your rule.  Then, when you have these pieces in play, you have the sanction of God to kill whomever you need to by labeling them terrorists.  This is all, of course, extremely violent, and if it isn't violent, it's the promise of violence (otherwise known as intimidation.)

ter·ror·ism 
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun
The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Yes, this does mean all governments incite terror in their people.  Thus, Israel, as a nation with a state, are terrorists.

MashRinx

Activity: 389

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 03:53:54 AM

I heard Judson-Christian ideologies could be used for terrorism too. Maybe we should gas the lot of em?

Did you mean Judeo-Christian?  I, and Google, tried hard without much luck...
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:22:59 AM

thats like saying fiat is bad because its used by someone to partake in a crime, totally irrelevant

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 05:24:47 AM

If we go back to the stone age terrorists will use stones.

We could go back before the stone age before the terrorists developed stones.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
virtualmaster

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:48:17 AM

Killing and stealing are sins after all holly books.
But terrorism and money laundering are just manipulative expressions to make schizophrenia in your brain.
You have to accept as normal if powerful states who have the total control are killing innocent childrens with bombs and napalm then making heroes who have done or gave the order but you must condemn those who are not backed by state power and doing the same in a smaller extent.
You have to accept if the state is stealing(confiscating) your money or making it without value with inflation but you have to condemn those who want to hide their savings buying gold, diamonds and want to bring it over the border to a safe place(this is evil money laundering and smuggling).
That concept was not different over the history. The difference is just that during the last 100 years states increased more and more their control over the people.
Now they know all the time where you are and what you have and they can take it any time.
Bitcoin cannot definitively stop this process that we loose control over our life can just create a little bit balance.
Is that so bad if the state cannot confiscate any time from anybody all his savings ?
DO YOU WANT THE TOTAL CONTROL ?

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
drakahn

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 06:50:57 AM

Did you mean Judeo-Christian?  I, and Google, tried hard without much luck...

lol, I just assumed he (Judson-Christian) was some guy I had never heard of, I didn't even see the link

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 07:27:08 AM

Sweet.

I agree that the article is outrageous, anything can be used for crime, but explain how the Israelis are terrorists? They get murdered by Nazis and finally get (back) a homeland (that they used to own) and since then have been bombed, missiled, invaded, kidnapped, etc. Sure, like any nation they have made mistakes, I'm no Isrealophile, but I'm not sure that their largely (maybe overzealous) self-defense is terrorism.

How about their settlements outside the mandated borders?

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Evolvo

Activity: 528

Tokens That Store Virtual Energy

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 08:17:43 AM

There are no mandated borders because the Arabs have never agreed to any peace agreement....according to international law...the west bank is either disputed territory or israeli territory.  The only existing rulings by an international legal body have three times designated that territory for Israel....so despite the nutty religious beliefs of many of the settlers...the argument about the settlements is empty rhetoric repeated so much that people have just started to accept it as fact

Кpиптoвaлютный фoнд "Pyбyc" - https://rubus.fund/partner/273
Razick
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:49:37 PM

Sweet.

How about their settlements outside the mandated borders?

Just because the UN says something is right doesn't make it right. Hell, I thought we were mostly Libertarians here, but anyone who disagrees with the UN is a terrorist?  Wink

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
Razick
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:53:50 PM

Israel has a state.

I believe in the rule of law. Government is an evil, but it is a necessary evil. That being said, I do think most governments cross the line.

Terrorism is different though. There is a difference between the Boston Marathon, Lockerbie Bombing, and the World Trade Center vs Elvis Prestly's arrest for speeding.

Even in the case of wholly oppressive regimes like China and North Korea, terrorism is not the right word.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 12:59:58 PM

This thread has so much potential for....
FML, I can't wait...  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: