Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:11:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Graphic Card  (Read 1509 times)
gondel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 10:34:36 AM

Hello,
I want to invest in a mining rig and start with 6 cards, but I am really confused which VGA to choose exactly.
Found that those RX 480 are the best at the moment, but not sure which one is the best option, should I buy card with more RAM or it does not matter? Just name which exactly is the best at the moment regarding money invested, electricity spent and ROI. Please help!
THANK YOU!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noisyninja

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 11:27:42 AM

I'd also like to know. I run on AMD right now, but I am considering to buy a new computer in the near future, so it would be interesting to have some background info
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 12:42:46 PM

Currently best card overall is RX 470. Yeah RX 480 does get better hashrate but power draw is also higher and for price difference between them it's not worth it. Between 4gb and 8gb difference is is memory speed. 8gb cards have higher speed and will get slightly better hashrate but again it's not worth it due to price difference
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2017, 01:56:06 PM

I would go AMD as well, but would wait for the release of the new cards, that is not that far of in the future.
Then either buy the new cards, or buy the massive amounts of 2nd hand cards that will flood the market relatively cheap Smiley
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 02:07:23 PM

Hello,
I want to invest in a mining rig and start with 6 cards, but I am really confused which VGA to choose exactly.
Found that those RX 480 are the best at the moment, but not sure which one is the best option, should I buy card with more RAM or it does not matter? Just name which exactly is the best at the moment regarding money invested, electricity spent and ROI. Please help!
THANK YOU!
Some nVidia users now say there is good results with the 1060 and 1070 but the card price isn't good in calculating roi , it always depends on your calculations , ROI , value of investment , electricity price for sure you can't neglect that.

2016 GPU Miner
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 06:42:05 PM

Hello,
THANK YOU!
Some nVidia users now say there is good results with the 1060 and 1070 but the card price isn't good in calculating roi , it always depends on your calculations , ROI , value of investment , electricity price for sure you can't neglect that.
Nvidia is only good at Equihash algorithm. On any other algorithm it's basically shit compared with price and performance of AMD card. And pretty much only  good coin on Equihash is Zcash which is dying. I would stay away from Nvidia cards now
mojoxc

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 07:46:37 PM

Stick to AMD for mining I have some 1070s and the only thing they are good at is Zcash and decred.  The 470s have a lot more options for mining and are super cheap.
RentGPU

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:06:03 PM

Hello,
THANK YOU!
Nvidia is only good at Equihash algorithm. On any other algorithm it's basically shit compared with price and performance of AMD card. And pretty much only  good coin on Equihash is Zcash which is dying. I would stay away from Nvidia cards now

Alot of coders now do alot of software for cuda gpus pushing thier hashrate in alot of algos like what you said equihash and also there is LBRY it's only for nVidia , amd cards are shit on LBRY , some dual mining miners reported good hashes/watts ratio for nVidia.

2016 GPU Miner
eckmar
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2017, 09:51:36 PM

Hello,
THANK YOU!

Alot of coders now do alot of software for cuda gpus pushing thier hashrate in alot of algos like what you said equihash and also there is LBRY it's only for nVidia , amd cards are shit on LBRY , some dual mining miners reported good hashes/watts ratio for nVidia.
Look at percentage of people that is mining LBRY. It's so insignificant that no one even cares. I don't think developers will put much effort into developing CUDA algos mainly because of Nvidia card prices.
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 09:56:51 AM

Currently best card overall is RX 470. Yeah RX 480 does get better hashrate but power draw is also higher and for price difference between them it's not worth it. Between 4gb and 8gb difference is is memory speed. 8gb cards have higher speed and will get slightly better hashrate but again it's not worth it due to price difference
Thanks for the answers! So basically difference between 4gb and 8 gb is not much and it does not worth it to buy 8gb?
I would invest in something which costs more but have better ROI in shorter period of time.
At cryptocompare just saw that the rx 470 and rx480 are giving same speed of 220 h for ZEC.
Also another thing: do you think it worth buying a second hand cards as they were probably almost burned from mining already and there is a huge chance that cards to stop working in a day or two and there is no warrancy for them?
Thanks!
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:22:22 PM

I'm getting 480 8 gigs, cause I can get it cheaply, but now I have 1070 and 970 which are making me like $3-4 daily in btc (zec mining),
which is very good, I guess.
But who knows how long will ZEC's moon last (not long I believe).

For everything else, obviously AMD is the king.

_
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 02:44:45 PM

...which are making me like $3-4 daily in btc (zec mining),which is very good, I guess.

mmmm
you are not considering power cost???

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 03:52:51 PM

I'm getting 480 8 gigs, cause I can get it cheaply, but now I have 1070 and 970 which are making me like $3-4 daily in btc (zec mining),
which is very good, I guess.
But who knows how long will ZEC's moon last (not long I believe).

For everything else, obviously AMD is the king.

I am living in Bulgaria, the average price of 480 8gb is $320 each for new one with 3 years warranty. Shluld I consider ordering six from somewhere else online? Also are those cards going to be useful if the coins which are profitable now fail?
Thanks!
Golku

Activity: 263
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 04:17:37 PM

I would go for the RX 470

Much cheaper then other cards

has a good hashing/power performance
Armstand

Activity: 626
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 05:56:57 PM

Hello,
THANK YOU!

If you can get cheap R9 nano, it is a good performer.
Mister305

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2017, 05:59:40 PM

Rx 470 !
RentGPU

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 07:14:58 PM

If you would go for the amd i recommend you the rx 470 msi gaming x this card is good at hashes/watts and also msi twin frozer is very good in cooling i have 4 of this card temp never exceed 50c, i have 2 gigabyte versions but very poor cooling always gigabyte is more 5-10c than the msi (same fan speed)

2016 GPU Miner
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 10:34:49 PM

If you would go for the amd i recommend you the rx 470 msi gaming x this card is good at hashes/watts and also msi twin frozer is very good in cooling i have 4 of this card temp never exceed 50c, i have 2 gigabyte versions but very poor cooling always gigabyte is more 5-10c than the msi (same fan speed)
THANKS!
But isnt rx 480 going to keep the better price for more time after mining for 2 years?
If I want to sell my equipment after 1-2 years isnt the rx 480 will keep the better price?
Also guys, 4 or 8 gb is better to buy? I got some advises for both and I am really confused.
Thanks!
Bulletdodger

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 11:35:45 PM

...which are making me like $3-4 daily in btc (zec mining),which is very good, I guess.

mmmm

Yes, that is without power cost $0.6 per day roughly.

@gondel,
I'm going to order from hungarian company - www.iponcomp.com

_
gondel (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:53:12 AM

mmmm

Yes, that is without power cost $0.6 per day roughly.

@gondel,
I'm going to order from hungarian company - www.iponcomp.com
Hi,
This website looks broken.
So guys you think 470 is better to start with then 480?
I have around $2000 ( two thousand to stat with) and want to do it asap. If you are about to put 2k what is the thing you will stat with?
Thanks!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: