Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:52:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Open Letter to GMaxwell and Sincere Rational Core Devs  (Read 34836 times)
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:15:21 AM

@traincarswreck ,

Just Curious,
In your understanding of Future Events,
Where the Meta-players use BTC Onchain Exclusively ,

In your opinion, do you see the world's people only allowed to use Offchain Representations of BTC Shenanigans controlled by the Meta-players?

No.  Don't think conspiracy or bad.  Think Nash is smart and good:

Actually my personal opinion of the man is he was overrated.
(No offense but his original idea was nothing more than collusion, sorry it was not original.)
My interest here was seeing what your personal views were on how the world's people interacted with BTC
(to help me determine the accuracy of your understanding.)

I do agree with your statement that BTC can never be ideal money (due to it's fixed rollout schedule).

Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traincarswreck (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:20:27 AM

(No offense but his original idea was nothing more than collusion, sorry it was not original.)
My interest here was seeing what your personal views were on how the world's people interacted with BTC

I do agree with your statement that BTC can never be ideal money (due to it's fixed rollout schedule).

Cool
Ya I agree with you now.  He was over-rated.  You though.  You are star.  and you matter. You are important.  You did things for this world.  you aren't a piece of shit displaying your ignorance for everyone.

Why don't you tell us your shitty opinion about something you know nothing about.  Do you think I'm listening?  

How did you figure out how to register for an account?
traincarswreck (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:21:17 AM

You matter.

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:25:27 AM

Cool
Ya I agree with you now.  He was over-rated.  You though.  You are star.  and you matter. You are important.  You did things for this world.  you aren't piece of shit displaying your ignorance for everyone.

Why don't you tell us your shitty opinion about something you know nothing about.  Do you think I'm listening?  

How did you figure out how to register for an account?

Considering many of the evils by many corporations were a direct result of his collusion theories,
you can see why I have a problem with making him a saint.
(As a direct result of his theories Many Corporations quit competing with each other and began conspiring in Collusion against their clients.)

He also had the decades-long battle with schizophrenia, forgive me if I don't choose a role model that has sex with his imaginary friend.

Little tidbit, if you want to hurl insults, I am a professional at it.  Cheesy

Cool
traincarswreck (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:25:35 AM

traincarswreck (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:26:29 AM

Considering many of the evils by many corporations were a direct result of his collusion theories,
you can see why I have a problem with making him a saint.

He also had the decades-long battle with schizophrenia, forgive me if I don't choose a role model that has sex with his imaginary friend.

Little tidbit, if you want to hurl insults, I am a professional at it.  Cheesy

Cool
what word do you mean instead of collusion.  Collusion is the wrong word.  What language are you? I'll help you find the right word
traincarswreck (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:27:06 AM

Do you mean 'conflict'?
kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:29:27 AM

Do you mean 'conflict'?

Nope,
I meant collusion : Secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others

That is what his so called original idea inspired.
Which is why I can never see him as the saint that you do.

Cool

FYI:
One example where they were caught following Nash's Original Idea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysine_price-fixing_conspiracy

FYI2:
The current Price Fixing of BTC is another example,
however the culprits doing it have not yet been exposed and may never be.  Tongue
traincarswreck (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:38:11 AM

Do you mean 'conflict'?

Nope,
I meant collusion : Secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others

Cool

FYI:

FYI2:
however the culprits doing it have not yet been exposed and may never be.  Tongue
No.  They used his ideas against him and us.  He was saying he is going to save us from colluding governments.  He was saying anti communist and communist governments were colluding against the people and he was going to save us.

If other people use his work for bad, thats not on him.

He was a good man.  Amazing.  Benevolent.  Mistreated. Misunderstood.  Where is your compassion?
traincarswreck (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:41:03 AM

kiklo
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 08:46:45 AM

Do you mean 'conflict'?

Nope,

Cool

FYI:

FYI2:
however the culprits doing it have not yet been exposed and may never be.  Tongue
No.  They used his ideas against him and us.  He was saying he is going to save us from colluding governments.  He was saying anti communist and communist governments were colluding against the people and he was going to save us.

If other people use his work for bad, thats not on him.

He was a good man.  Amazing.  Benevolent.  Mistreated. Misunderstood.  Where is your compassion?

All of my Compassion was Used Up,
by all of the Harm done to the World Populace and Environment because of the unoriginal theory (Collusion) of a man with a mental problem.

He has my sympathy for his disease but his releasing that idea has forever earned him my disdain.
The Death Toll for his theories , will always overshadow anything else the man has done, IMO.

Cool
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 09:45:59 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 10:00:38 AM by Carlton Banks

I am a little charmed by this thread.

OP, toknormal, danda and BurtW are making rather excellent points, I could almost get onboard, not least because I believe the Segwit blocksize increase not to be a perfect solution, but a compromise (I would have been happier with a hardfork Segwit that reduces the base blocksize to 250kB and introduces a 750kB witness block, i.e. super conservative)

Something that occurred to me while reading toknormal's posts: we are heading inexorably towards a Star Trek style labour-minimum world, where more and more physical toil (notably economic production) is handled by machine labour and machine "intelligence". How could this trend alter the preference of producers/manufacturers for stable value money when a critical majority of the value added in manufacturing is essentially eliminated by abundant manufacturing? i.e. anyone will be able to manufacture anything at base costs, and so buying manufactured goods will no longer make economic sense. Could this trend shift the overriding preference for stable value money strictly to those who need to invest in raw materials for research/experimental purposes?

Vires in numeris
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 09:46:06 AM

Page 15. Running out of popcorn a bit ....

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 02:50:48 PM

I am a little charmed by this thread.

OP, toknormal, danda and BurtW are making rather excellent points, I could almost get onboard, not least because I believe the Segwit blocksize increase not to be a perfect solution, but a compromise (I would have been happier with a hardfork Segwit that reduces the base blocksize to 250kB and introduces a 750kB witness block, i.e. super conservative)
^ the real poke the bear topic derailer appears
1. if the combined data totals 1mb weight it requires no soft or hard fork. because (sarcasm) "segwit backward compatible" so segwit transactions can start being added to blocks today (end of sarcasm) we know theres more hidden issues than blockstream want to admit about backward compatibility
2. people are getting wise to the buzzword of the year 'conservative' .. nice poking the bear using it

now seriously
3. with a 250kb base block native nodes will only have 250kb blocks
4. with a 250kb base block if 100% used segwit keys... segwit nodes will only produce ~525kb of tx data+witness blocks. leaving 475k blank for future bloat features to append data after tx.
5. thats not scaling up tx data, thats not even doing anything practical
6. all its doing is enforcing blockstream nodes as the upstream gatekeepers of the network filtering data out
7. dont expect 250kb native blocks (~600tx) to turn into ~1200segwit tx.. because not everyone will use segwit keys.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 03:50:46 PM

I am a little charmed by this thread...

[...off topic post regarding the Segwit proposal...]

There are plenty of other threads to debate the Segwit, BU or other schemes to "fix" bitcoin.  This thread is discussing the idea that Bitcoin does not need to be fixed by any of the proposed schemes.  So, your post is 100% off topic.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:17:36 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 04:30:17 PM by franky1

There are plenty of other threads to debate the Segwit, BU or other schemes to "fix" bitcoin.  This thread is discussing the idea that Bitcoin does not need to be fixed by any of the proposed schemes.  So, your post is 100% off topic.

so is carlton banks post.. but i guess he gets away with it by kissing ass

anyway this topic seems to have gone on and on and on about how much the op loves Nash..
even the OP who weeks ago was assuming nash was satoshi and bitcoin was ideal money has changed his mind to say its not ideal money and cant be.

the conclusion i came to is bitcoin is not 'ideal money' never can be ideal money.
its not a banana either, so w dont need 15+pages talking about banana's

but not being ideal money is not bad. bitcoin is a new paradigm

bitcoin DOES need further development. and using this 'nashes ideal money' as a lame excuse to halt development is just an attempt to keep things the same as the 1950's understanding of "money" rather than reaching forward and reinventing something new.

bitcoin is not intented to just be the same as what bankers want. its suppose to be new and revolutionary.

simple ONTOPIC question about the OP's possible future conclusion to this topic.

if bitcoin was to 'do a nash' and stop development.
at what point did the OP think bitcoin should have stopped development.. 2009?
2013 pre sipa leveldb bog
2013 post sipa leveldb bug
2016 pre segwit
2017 - post segwit or post dynamic
2018 - post confidential payment codes

when should bitcoin just live as bitcoin as a finalised unchanging system of fixed unalterable policy

at what point does the OP think that bitcoin should stop changing to fit his narrative.. oops nashative

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:21:37 PM

the entertainment factor for this thread is rapidly waning...

Vaccinus

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 04:54:19 PM

There are plenty of other threads to debate the Segwit, BU or other schemes to "fix" bitcoin.  This thread is discussing the idea that Bitcoin does not need to be fixed by any of the proposed schemes.  So, your post is 100% off topic.

and how do you fix the fee problem and the transaction being stuck constantly? isn't this a problem? doing nothing is not a solution, somehting must be done what about going back to the root, like when bitcoin had 32MB block limit? why it was changed? there was no real dos attack back then

danda

Activity: 201
Merit: 157

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2017, 05:52:21 PM

You don't fix it in bitcoin.   bitcoin is bitcoin.   just let it be bitcoin.   that's the point.

If you or anyone else has a brilliant solution for these and any other perceived problems, code them up and release the code with a new genesis block.   if the market truly values the fixes as a real advancement, then your new coin should get some adoption.   if  not, then maybe they weren't such problems to begin with, or your fixes were not the right ones.

seems pretty straight-forward to me.   and again:  this approach is the only moral path to changing consensus rules, as it is 100% opt-in.  No one has rules changed underneath them.

OP can talk to ideal money and economics rationale.    ;-)

and how do you fix the fee problem and the transaction being stuck constantly? isn't this a problem? doing nothing is not a solution, somehting must be done what about going back to the root, like when bitcoin had 32MB block limit? why it was changed? there was no real dos attack back then

mybitprices.info - wallet auditing   |  hd-wallet-derive - derive keys locally |  hd-wallet-addrs - find used addrs
lightning-nodes - list of LN nodes  |  coinparams - params for 300+ alts  |  jsonrpc-cli - cli jsonrpc client
subaddress-derive-xmr - monero offline wallet tool
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 05:59:14 PM

TL;DR

Hey look at this!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: