Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:11:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ArabianChain - DubaiCoin (DBIX) - Smart Contracts from Dubai to the World  (Read 522753 times)
microtaha

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2017, 09:03:19 PM

DBIX Chat (dbix.chat) is now live, Sign-up and say Hi!

General discussions, support, mining and more...

Link https://dbix.chat
broda

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:58:37 AM

Hello, Just installed the DBIX win. wallet. I have been hearing there are some issues with it, is this correct?

Are there any other alternative wallets for dbix?

Thanks.
BitMiner1669

Activity: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:45:12 AM

Hello, Just installed the DBIX win. wallet. I have been hearing there are some issues with it, is this correct?

Are there any other alternative wallets for dbix?

Thanks.

https://steemit.com/dubaicoin/@seccour/dubaicoin-dbix-myetherwallet-tutorial
veritasardentur

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 10:26:44 AM

So regarding the difficulty algorithm, ive just seen a video about a person's mining experience with the Ubiq coin:
https://youtu.be/_7DDbdZ7Ebo

This guy tracked the ubiq network difficulty and hashrates over a couple of weeks, and from his charts it becomes clear that Ubiq can deal much more rapidly with high fluctuating network hashrates. Ubiq has implemented a new difficulty algorithm called Flux earlier this year, and apparently it is working. Ubiq had to improve their algorithm for the same reason; unstable block times with rapidly varying network hashrates.

Now i think ive seen the Flux algorithm mentioned somewhere in regards to dubaicoin, but im not sure if it was developer related or something. So if dubaicoin developers arent looking into the Flux algorithm yet, maybe they should? It could be a good starting point to fix this problem once and for all? 

Difficulty algorithm is one way to keep a crypto from losing its value.

Overmined currency creates an imbalance supply vs demand. Too many supply will push down the currency even more.

What DBIX need instead, is more transactions, and an even stronger difficulty.

If we see market depth in livecoin, a $800k buy action, is enough to push dbix to $50, but it will be a risky move, if the difficulty is too low. Miners will always push the price down.

DBIX should try to find other use cases for the currency instead of just for speculative vessel. DBIX should try to register in local exchanges around the world to facilitate money transfers between countries (and in the process increasing demands).

alelosbrigia

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:16:13 PM

So regarding the difficulty algorithm, ive just seen a video about a person's mining experience with the Ubiq coin:

This guy tracked the ubiq network difficulty and hashrates over a couple of weeks, and from his charts it becomes clear that Ubiq can deal much more rapidly with high fluctuating network hashrates. Ubiq has implemented a new difficulty algorithm called Flux earlier this year, and apparently it is working. Ubiq had to improve their algorithm for the same reason; unstable block times with rapidly varying network hashrates.

Now i think ive seen the Flux algorithm mentioned somewhere in regards to dubaicoin, but im not sure if it was developer related or something. So if dubaicoin developers arent looking into the Flux algorithm yet, maybe they should? It could be a good starting point to fix this problem once and for all? 

Overmined currency creates an imbalance supply vs demand. Too many supply will push down the currency even more.

If we see market depth in livecoin, a $800k buy action, is enough to push dbix to $50, but it will be a risky move, if the difficulty is too low. Miners will always push the price down.

DBIX should try to find other use cases for the currency instead of just for speculative vessel. DBIX should try to register in local exchanges around the world to facilitate money transfers between countries (and in the process increasing demands).

Huh Are you serius ? Cmon go study basic rules and try fix the recalc stop find idiot argument ,

P.s dbix can't have more TX and fast conform if difficult Is calc for (example ) 200 th nethash and Coin have 50 ghs nethash...... Just too much time for find block
veritasardentur

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:43:37 PM

Huh Are you serius ? Cmon go study basic rules and try fix the recalc stop find idiot argument ,

P.s dbix can't have more TX and fast conform if difficult Is calc for (example ) 200 th nethash and Coin have 50 ghs nethash...... Just too much time for find block

now2, why the name calling Smiley

Yes i am serious. i am basing my argument from simplest theory of economy, that is supply-demand.

DBIX dont have that many TXs, thus not that frequent block to solve.

Currently DBIX experiencing what in classic real world economy called stagflation. Reducing difficulties is similar to printing money in real world economy, it will only drive the price down.

What dbix needs is more TX instead of less difficulty, specifically more Buy.

Just in the last 3 hours there is a block with only 14 Txs, but adding the same amount of money as 48 Txs block.
http://dbixscan.io/block/62748

That's inefficient from the PoV of money supply.
zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 03:32:57 PM

now2, why the name calling Smiley

Yes i am serious. i am basing my argument from simplest theory of economy, that is supply-demand.

DBIX dont have that many TXs, thus not that frequent block to solve.

Currently DBIX experiencing what in classic real world economy called stagflation. Reducing difficulties is similar to printing money in real world economy, it will only drive the price down.

What dbix needs is more TX instead of less difficulty, specifically more Buy.

Just in the last 3 hours there is a block with only 14 Txs, but adding the same amount of money as 48 Txs block.
http://dbixscan.io/block/62748

That's inefficient from the PoV of money supply.

i agree with you difficulty should not be less if its less and block time decrees
then miners again mine dbix with more hash rates and then dump the price of dbix
( Reducing difficulties is similar to printing money in real world economy) i think its best example
just need more TXs. maybe dbix will got more TXs when its listed on another exchanges
RPS13

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:38:20 PM

The problem is that the coin cant survive without miners. No miners, no transactions. That is unlike realworld currencies or things like gold for example. When mining gold becomes to difficult or not profitable any more, miners will just stop and find another profession. Trading gold will still continue and due to scarcity gold prices will go up.
With crypto mining however, if all miners stop mining because its not profitable anymore, all transactions will stop, the community loses interest and the coin is doomed.

So imo, fix the difficulty first, and then the community with its miners will pick up the coin again, trading will start to increase and prices will rise.

Now im not saying the difficulty should be made too easy, because that could drop prices yes. But there is a reason why there is a certain target for difficulty and blocktime. Thats because it creates a balance. Not only within the coin itself, but also in relation to other coins. So when you have a difficulty that is about 20x higher than what it should be, you have severe imbalance.

Im actually surprised there are still people mining dbix. But maybe they have very cheap electricity? For me its cheaper to buy the coin than it is to mine the coin with the electric costs involved.
westhafen

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 06:15:41 PM

1DBIX = $0.9 soon  Grin

Invested it will make 1 more pigeon  Grin

Definitely a good time to buy more coins.
Hope I have more BTC to spend.
veritasardentur

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:06:37 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 08:01:01 PM by veritasardentur

The problem is that the coin cant survive without miners. No miners, no transactions. That is unlike realworld currencies or things like gold for example. When mining gold becomes to difficult or not profitable any more, miners will just stop and find another profession. Trading gold will still continue and due to scarcity gold prices will go up.
With crypto mining however, if all miners stop mining because its not profitable anymore, all transactions will stop, the community loses interest and the coin is doomed.

So imo, fix the difficulty first, and then the community with its miners will pick up the coin again, trading will start to increase and prices will rise.

Now im not saying the difficulty should be made too easy, because that could drop prices yes. But there is a reason why there is a certain target for difficulty and blocktime. Thats because it creates a balance. Not only within the coin itself, but also in relation to other coins. So when you have a difficulty that is about 20x higher than what it should be, you have severe imbalance.

Im actually surprised there are still people mining dbix. But maybe they have very cheap electricity? For me its cheaper to buy the coin than it is to mine the coin with the electric costs involved.

But, there is nothing wrong with the difficulty. If we look at Ethereum statistics at February 17 2017, you get similar difficulty and priced around $12.
Dbix actually follows ethereum evolution quite closely, albeit in different timescale.

The difference is, now dbix has to compete with the more profitable ethereum. Ethereum didnt have such competition in profit back then.

If we calculate profitability with this simple formula:
$/day = (Price/difficulty in TH) * hashrate in mh * 0.5184

then substract that with electricity costs, dbix is actually almost as profitable as mining ethereum in february 17.
Just not as profitable as ethereum -right now-.

There are several things that can be done to get out of this stagflation crisis:
1. Developer should do an ICO, therefore more "buy in" Txs.
Real world analogy: Increase FDI
Ethereum did this once. i dont understand why dbix wont do an ICO.

2. Developer should register dbix to more exchanges.
Real world analogy: facilitate trades.

I can see profitable use cases for dbix. One example i have talked about is for indonesian workers in arab to send money back home (remittance).

It's a $7billion/year market, currently paying transaction costs of 7%.

Cryptocurrency can reduce that to around 2%, thats $140M/year of block rewards and profit to miners and exchanges.
dbix is especially well positioned for that.

Heck i am willing to help if the developers can to come to jakarta to talk about this, and help to connect them to local exchange.

3. The easiest, central banking way: developers just buy back dbix thus depleting their seed money, while creating hype.
This is almost keynesian. But doomed to fail if they dont have more investors.

Modifying difficulty can also be done, but they should be very careful about it. Real world analogy to this, is akin to lowering central bank rate to unsustainable level.
From the Macroeconomics PoV, it only fixes the problem in short term and risks hyperinflation in long term.

EDIT: corrections on numbers. i was converting back and forth from idr to usd. pardon the mistakes.
veritasardentur

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:13:20 PM

There is this possibility that people with 1-2GB GPUs are now mining dbix, due to low DAG numbers. I have not calculated this yet, but i suspect, using cheap used lower end cards, they can RoI quite fast.

When eth reaches epoch #170, all those 3GB cards will also soon mine dbix or ubiq.
dexxa05

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 07:46:11 PM

Check this link :

http://www.trustnodes.com/2017/07/24/ethereums-consensys-helping-dubai-become-worlds-first-blockchain-powered-government
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 06:44:13 AM

There is this possibility that people with 1-2GB GPUs are now mining dbix, due to low DAG numbers. I have not calculated this yet, but i suspect, using cheap used lower end cards, they can RoI quite fast.

When eth reaches epoch #170, all those 3GB cards will also soon mine dbix or ubiq.

hey mate, they resolve the high difficulty now? or remain the same? I'm just watching and when the time they fix the long confirmation and high difficulty, i will be back my hashrate to their network..
ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 07:11:48 AM

BIG LOL FOR DEV TEAM

zahidmoon

Activity: 1148
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 08:21:46 AM

BIG LOL FOR DEV TEAM

don't be lol on network state because its gonna stable soon
developers will make this issues resolved may be in next upgrade
i think every coin have to go through from this situation nothing is perfect
slowlly these miner issues will be out from the network state and from wallet
just wait and yes this is the right time to buy dbix
when upgrade is done then there will be no way to buy dbix at current price i mean 10$
ayiphelmy
Copper Member

Activity: 416
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 10:48:19 AM

BIG LOL FOR DEV TEAM

don't be lol on network state because its gonna stable soon
developers will make this issues resolved may be in next upgrade
i think every coin have to go through from this situation nothing is perfect
slowlly these miner issues will be out from the network state and from wallet
just wait and yes this is the right time to buy dbix
when upgrade is done then there will be no way to buy dbix at current price i mean 10$

i know this dev from first time dbic launch... dev to lazy to make improve...  but i made a good profit from dbic and dbix anyway  Grin Grin
Ajayjkhidhgtfe

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 11:37:46 AM

Arabianchain mentioned here Shocked
https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/07/25/dubai-wants-to-become-the-worlds-first-blockchain-powered-government-by-2020/
BITCOIN INFINITY

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2017, 01:48:52 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2017, 02:10:28 PM by BITCOIN INFINITY

Livecoin or a dev has a very big miner. I am this currency of near and I can tell you that these it which made rise the difficulty of the mine.
It was greedy, I often see it little pick up 100 to 1000 dbix in 1 day alone! https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=30257020170725153821.jpg
He mastered the downward price and the difficulty of the mine.
Check the io scan of dbix you would see him back in the mine like crazy.

He is very discreet at the moment and changes his address regularly. http://dbixscan.io/addr/0xe34eb0be6f6792d9aab8fad189d99d33e3734429

Just monitor the scan here it will come back very often as a ghost

http://dbixscan.io/home

It holds half of the dbix and has 10 dollars it is winner. He calmly sends his booty on all the new miners.

So dream would be sure to see 10,000 miners arrive on the pool but not all people are pigeons. It include crypto!

There is 750 crypto in use and dbix and one of the worst devellopement.

Dubai is rich, he can mount his project super fast without little devellopeur all rotten.

Dbic no longer report he invented dbix to steal you a new one.

The exchanges included the manege, only livecoin the exchange that accepts all the crypto of the world saw that it could make a lot of money.

The mine ñ'as never exceed 2000 miner for a currency that wants to promise

Dubai invested billions. Your 800k investment is deceitful for the person to keep their pieces and sink your liar project
veritasardentur

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:24:59 PM

hey mate, they resolve the high difficulty now? or remain the same? I'm just watching and when the time they fix the long confirmation and high difficulty, i will be back my hashrate to their network..

not yet it seems.

But from macroeconomics point of view, they shouldnt.
veritasardentur

View Profile
July 25, 2017, 02:32:41 PM

Livecoin or a dev has a very big miner. I am this currency of near and I can tell you that these it which made rise the difficulty of the mine.
It was greedy, I often see it little pick up 100 to 1000 dbix in 1 day alone! https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=30257020170725153821.jpg
He mastered the downward price and the difficulty of the mine.
Check the io scan of dbix you would see him back in the mine like crazy.

He is very discreet at the moment and changes his address regularly. http://dbixscan.io/addr/0xe34eb0be6f6792d9aab8fad189d99d33e3734429

Just monitor the scan here it will come back very often as a ghost

http://dbixscan.io/home

It holds half of the dbix and has 10 dollars it is winner. He calmly sends his booty on all the new miners.

So dream would be sure to see 10,000 miners arrive on the pool but not all people are pigeons. It include crypto!

There is 750 crypto in use and dbix and one of the worst devellopement.

Dubai is rich, he can mount his project super fast without little devellopeur all rotten.

Dbic no longer report he invented dbix to steal you a new one.

The exchanges included the manege, only livecoin the exchange that accepts all the crypto of the world saw that it could make a lot of money.

The mine ñ'as never exceed 2000 miner for a currency that wants to promise

Dubai invested billions. Your 800k investment is deceitful for the person to keep their pieces and sink your liar project

This is quite an incoherent post.

Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: