Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I buy bitcoins?  (Read 5271 times)
GalacticEmpire

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:47:38 PM

I sympathize, I know that  buying Bitcoin is pretty hard for newbies, especially since you picked a bad time (there's a lot of pressure on the Bitcoin network right now so all transactions are pretty difficult).  Companies which let you buy with a debit/credit card are OK if you provide ID and choose a trusted one.  I think that most sites, like Coinify and Coinmama are okay with GBP but I can't 100% vouch for that.

Alternatively, if you're in an urban area you could try a Bitcoin ATM which make it a bit easier for you to transfer the funds to your wallet (you do need a wallet to hold your Bitcoin, like Coinbase or Blockchain).

You could even do a transfer on LocalBitcoins which is more of an open marketplace where you can do transactions with cash (DON'T do PayPal, there's a likely chance of chargeback fraud).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zencash

Activity: 113
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 12:38:18 AM

It is safe to use Coinbase as a start, but you'll have to learn to use your own wallet so you can transfert your funds on it.
Remember this: never store for too long bitcoins in a wallet you don't own the private key.

HORIZEN ►►► Unbounded By Design
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
ZenCash extended it's brand on 22nd August 2018 now is HORIZEN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitwage

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:07:19 AM

You should also think about earning bitcoins  Grin

How?  Check out this detailed article on all the ways to do it: https://community.bitwage.com/t/how-are-bitcoins-earned/214
ustradebitcoin

Activity: 287
Merit: 251

I will buy your altcoin leave me a msg .

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 07:57:58 AM

use localbitcoin or paxful
Troubledmind

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:05:14 PM

Hi guys im technologically impaired im trying to find a secure site to purchase btc with a prepaid debit for a one time only use. I was also wondering if btc bought on www can be used for purchases on onion or do i have to find a wallet on the Tor network
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:26:39 AM

Hi guys im technologically impaired im trying to find a secure site to purchase btc with a prepaid debit for a one time only use. I was also wondering if btc bought on www can be used for purchases on onion or do i have to find a wallet on the Tor network

If you look for secured trading sites, Please proceed with the locabitcoins or coinbase to sell or buy the bitcoins. Most the traders are so trustful and make you didn't release the bitcoin before the payment done. Coinbase is most as a wallet you can have a vault and multiple wallets of BTC and ETH at there. Therfore, you buy or sell the btc, eth, doge, dash in the highest number there.
daviidalpert

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:06:44 PM

if you want to buy  btc you can go some changes.
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:46:37 PM

if you want to buy  btc you can go some changes.

Please leave a clear note which should help those who are in need of the information like for those who are looking to purchase bitcoin you can refer them at localbitcoin so that they can trade their fiat currency with the bitcoin and to be honest it will be our responsibility to give more visibility to bitcoin community since we are the one who have knowledge about this charismatic bitcoin.
FLUX-project

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:56:26 AM

This site will help you https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:58:48 PM

This site will help you https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin

Hello flux project, Why you have digging out all the old topics in this section. Please do posts in the active threads and if there is necessary information you need to share on it else you will be blocked by the moderators soon from the btctalk. I hope you have understood.
Etanllah

Activity: 426

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:51:48 PM

Just use localbitcoins someone near you it is bound to have some bitcoins he wants to get rid of, you can buy as much as you want and there are many payments options.

Ok, this is definitely an option, but know the risks before you set up a meet and greet to buy bitcoins from someone who lives near you.

First, people have gotten robbed, even killed trying to do this. Now, those scenarios involve larger sums worth stealing but it's tough to meet a stranger to exchange cash. It's real easy to for someone to show up with a gun, well not in the UK as much...a knife I suppose. But from what I see on the news UK criminals know how use a knife!

Second (and perhaps most important), make sure you're getting a fair exchange rate. Don't pay a premium for the perceived convenience of "local bitcoin". Pull out your phone in the parking lot, where ever you meet someone, and look up the list price at that moment. Use Coindesk as a neutral quote.

Godspeed, friend!

Plenty of people do local Bitcoin transactions safely. I personally know a handful of people that have bought Bitcoins locally.

I wouldn't recommend meeting in an empty parking lot, or a dark alley though. Just meet somewhere safe in public, even a police station. I know our local police station recommends all in persona transactions being done there.
tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:55:18 PM

Hi guys,

So i need to buy $30 worth of bitcoins as I need to purchase something from a website that does not accept debit cards.
I've been browsing the internet for about a week, but I still don't get the fundaments of the bitcoin world - yes I am a bit of a technology dinosaur!

I have sent my details to coinsbank.com but I am waiting for their verification.

My questions are:

1) Can you use a visa debit to buy bitcoins online? If not from coinsbank, is there anywhere else?
2) Am I able to purchase only $30 worth of bitcoins?
3) How long do verification procedures typically last?

Thanks in advance for any replies  Smiley

Try localbitcoins or if you are in America, you can try Coinbase. You have to buy with a valid bank account.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:59:03 PM

the best service i have used is Cubits, its very simple and the fees are minimal. You can use a debit card and I do not remember if you had to be verified there to buy such small amount.
Someone suggested Virwox, but the fees are very high, and usually it is being used if you have Paypal. For example, I have sent Eur20 in Paypal money and received Eur12 in Btc.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 06:55:41 PM

I prefer uphold to buy bitcoin, def cheaper than coinbase.

originalsloth

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:35:28 AM

Some of website are accepting credit card but they want some documents or proof that you are really the holder of that card because they're implenting rules againts fraud because of dispute transaction or malicious activity that hackers do when they hacked credit card but if you have any other payment method like paypal you can exchange it to bitcoin easily go to exchange currency thread
Definitely avoid those credit card sites. Even if they are legit, the fees are so high you might as well not buy any in the first place.
mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:34:41 AM

If you have access to Paypal i strongly recommend you to use for example the website wesellcrypto
.com they ask about 15% fees but you can buy whiteout verification for up to $15 a day all you need to do is to send them an email. But you got a lot different options go check on localbitcoins
sometimes you can buy/resell gift cards or try out purse.io
there you can buy something from amazon that is listed and you will be paid in bit coins, you will never get 1:1 rate but its still a good alternative. Anyway good luck and welcome in the bit coin world

mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 11:34:14 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 11:59:44 AM by mrjoy15

I always prefer using person to person to purchase some Bitcoin, it's much better than out of any other system. Using website or other needs to provide document its essential paper, fees and so on. But P2P it simply, without any trouble or extra fees.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:13:20 PM

I said it before and I will again now and in the future. Use localbitcoin it's by far the best quickest and easiest way to buy bitcoins. I actually enjoy using them. It's such a pleasure. I have had no issues not even close to an issue. Everything is smooth like it should be. They are outstanding and I will always recommend people to use them. No personal info needed. All you do is hand over your bank details wait for the deposit. Once it's in your bank the trader will tell you. Login and look. If it is there you simply release your coins then the dealer gets them .

RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:34:10 PM

I said it before and I will again now and in the future. Use localbitcoin it's by far the best quickest and easiest way to buy bitcoins.

I have also used localbitcoins to purchase BTC, but in my country there are not many traders. As a result of this, I have to pay 5% to 15% above the exchange rates to purchase Bitcoins. Is there any other option available in the third world nations?
TTMNewsK

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:54:12 PM

Yes!
You can buy bitcoin by using visa from the localbitcoin, coinbase and many more.
But for me localbitcoin is the easiest way to use on buying a bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: