Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:40:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I buy bitcoins?  (Read 5271 times)
thegent1 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 07:32:31 PM

Hi guys,

So i need to buy $30 worth of bitcoins as I need to purchase something from a website that does not accept debit cards.
I've been browsing the internet for about a week, but I still don't get the fundaments of the bitcoin world - yes I am a bit of a technology dinosaur!

I have sent my details to coinsbank.com but I am waiting for their verification.

My questions are:

1) Can you use a visa debit to buy bitcoins online? If not from coinsbank, is there anywhere else?
2) Am I able to purchase only $30 worth of bitcoins?
3) How long do verification procedures typically last?

Thanks in advance for any replies  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Myfe

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 07:40:27 PM

Are you willing to link a bank account? Here's a link to Coinbase: https://www.coinbase.com/join/5198634ab2e8fc9c3a000024

Coinbase is greater for people new to Bitcoin. It's easy to buy or sell bitcoin, through a credit card (visa/mastercard) or linked bank account. It's based in the US, thus is subject to some laws and reputation, i.e., they can be trusted for your transactions and small savings. They have a GREAT mobile app and website.

You will be able to purchase just $30 worth. The transaction will take a few hours to a few days depending on whether you set up the Coinbase account with a credit card or a bank account (bank account takes longer). And the initial set up takes a bit more time, just to verify that your card/acct is your own.

PM me if you have more questions.

Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 07:44:57 PM

The easiest path is probably using Coinbase.com. They are the largest Bitcoin business. The verification can be done within minutes, but to use your debit card you must wait to verify two small deposits in your bank account. Here is the link:

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2343234-how-do-i-buy-bitcoin-with-a-debit-card-in-the-us-

One thing to note is it's not recommended to use Coinbase for any transactions you would rather keep private (such as a gambling site). Coinbase is a regulated US money service business, which means they are required to monitor their users. For this reason many prefer to get bitcoins directly from peer-to-peer sites. The largest is LocalBitcoins.com. We've also just launched a site at https://trustedcointrades.com to make buying using bank accounts and personal checks easier.
thegent1 (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 07:59:37 PM

Thanks so much for the reply guys, I was honestly expecting people to reply something along the lines of "do some research yourself!" etc etc haha
I have but I still hadn't a clue!

Ok so coinsbase seem a better website to accommodate my needs, as I only will need to use bitcoins when making this purchase which should be every few months or so.

Couple other questions:
1) I'm from the UK, will I still be able to buy from coinsbase?
2) Then I'll be able to use these bitcoins to make a purchase online with out a problem?

Thanks again guys
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 08:43:25 PM

Thanks so much for the reply guys, I was honestly expecting people to reply something along the lines of "do some research yourself!" etc etc haha
I have but I still hadn't a clue!

Ok so coinsbase seem a better website to accommodate my needs, as I only will need to use bitcoins when making this purchase which should be every few months or so.

Couple other questions:
2) Then I'll be able to use these bitcoins to make a purchase online with out a problem?

Thanks again guys

1) I'm from the UK, will I still be able to buy from coinsbase? - Yes
2) Then I'll be able to use these bitcoins to make a purchase online with out a problem? - Yes, but you should avoid using coinbase for gambling ( they are closing accounts which deal with gambling sites ).

Myfe

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 08:52:11 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2017, 09:02:27 PM by Myfe

Couple other questions:

Thanks again guys

2) Then I'll be able to use these bitcoins to make a purchase online with out a problem? - Yes, but you should avoid using coinbase for gambling ( they are closing accounts which deal with gambling sites ).

1) NO, Coinbase is not yet GBP compatible (they do accept the Euro though) - https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1963534-payment-methods-for-uk-customers

Another option that DOES deal in GBP - Circle. Here's a link: https://www.circle.com/invite/4E83M4

Currencies Circle accepts - https://support.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/213560523--Currency-Offerings-

Circle is also based in the US, but does have more flexibility with currency choice and has a great mobile app, website, etc. Actually, one of my friend's knows one of Circle's founders.

Oooh, and Circle is advertising "no fees"....

Wusolini
Legendary

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:20:41 PM

Couple other questions:

Thanks again guys

1) NO, Coinbase is not yet GBP compatible (they do accept the Euro though) - https://support.coinbase.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1963534-payment-methods-for-uk-customers

Another option that DOES deal in GBP - Circle. Here's a link: https://www.circle.com/invite/4E83M4

Currencies Circle accepts - https://support.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/213560523--Currency-Offerings-

Circle is also based in the US, but does have more flexibility with currency choice and has a great mobile app, website, etc. Actually, one of my friend's knows one of Circle's founders.

So the British card holder cannot make payments in other currency than GBP ? Shocked   That's interesting.

I just wonder why coinbase charges the 3.99% fee for UK Credit / Debit Card Buys?
see  https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2109597-buy-sell-bank-transfer-fees (roll down to UK)

Myfe

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2017, 10:04:26 PM

So the British card holder cannot make payments in other currency than GBP ? Shocked   That's interesting.

I just wonder why coinbase charges the 3.99% fee for UK Credit / Debit Card Buys?
see  https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/2109597-buy-sell-bank-transfer-fees (roll down to UK)

No, the British card holder can make transactions, but the funds aren't held in GBP, they'll be held in EUR. So there's a transaction fee and likely a currency exchange fee.

To the OP, go to Circle...see the link I shared!

Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:46:15 AM

Hi guys,

So i need to buy $30 worth of bitcoins as I need to purchase something from a website that does not accept debit cards.
I've been browsing the internet for about a week, but I still don't get the fundaments of the bitcoin world - yes I am a bit of a technology dinosaur!

I have sent my details to coinsbank.com but I am waiting for their verification.

My questions are:

1) Can you use a visa debit to buy bitcoins online? If not from coinsbank, is there anywhere else?

Just use localbitcoins someone near you it is bound to have some bitcoins he wants to get rid of, you can buy as much as you want and there are many payments options.
Myfe

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 05:05:11 AM

Just use localbitcoins someone near you it is bound to have some bitcoins he wants to get rid of, you can buy as much as you want and there are many payments options.

Ok, this is definitely an option, but know the risks before you set up a meet and greet to buy bitcoins from someone who lives near you.

First, people have gotten robbed, even killed trying to do this. Now, those scenarios involve larger sums worth stealing but it's tough to meet a stranger to exchange cash. It's real easy to for someone to show up with a gun, well not in the UK as much...a knife I suppose. But from what I see on the news UK criminals know how use a knife!

Second (and perhaps most important), make sure you're getting a fair exchange rate. Don't pay a premium for the perceived convenience of "local bitcoin". Pull out your phone in the parking lot, where ever you meet someone, and look up the list price at that moment. Use Coindesk as a neutral quote.

Godspeed, friend!

Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:57:10 AM

Yes you can buy bitcoin with your visa. Try localbitcoins.com or payza. These two are accepting payment thru visa afaik. Dont know the others. But most of exchanges are accepting visa. And yes you are able to buy with $30 worth of bitcoin. The amount of bitcoin will send to you within 24 hours maximum. If not, contact their support.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:46:08 AM

Yes you can buy bitcoin with your visa. Try localbitcoins.com or payza. These two are accepting payment thru visa afaik. Dont know the others. But most of exchanges are accepting visa. And yes you are able to buy with $30 worth of bitcoin. The amount of bitcoin will send to you within 24 hours maximum. If not, contact their support.
visa is been accepted by most of the traders in Localbitcoins. Check the best around your location and make the payment according and receive bitcoins from them. You can use other online money wallet as well it's all according to the trader's preferences. No need to worry about the payment of yours btc will be under automated escrow when you open the trade. Try coinbase or yobit if you unable to find the best price here.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 08:33:02 AM

1) Probably yes, some will offer such services but not much, because of chargebacks and bitcoin is not reversible.
2) yes
3) depends on your exchange u using. On "normal" ones like coinbase or gemini or bitfinex u must verify yourself with ID's etc this takes time. But you could also trade on localbitcoins. There are minimum verification, all is based on reputation of ur trades. Try there, should be fastest.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 03:07:34 PM

Hi guys,

My questions are:

Thanks in advance for any replies  Smiley

Try Xapo will be easy and fast.

From Xapo:
1) yes
2) yes
3) is fast

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:44:46 AM

Yes you can buy bitcoins using visa from: Virwox, localbitcoins,coinbase,xapo etc

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Cipa

Activity: 267

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:09:02 PM

I see a lot of good suggestions here. It's not exactly easy buying BTC with a credit card. I didn't see anyone suggest https://purse.io/. I used it before and it's fairly simple and secure.

It works like this. People with BTC post their Amazon wishlists on the site. You can choose between offers ranging from tens to hundreds of dollars worth. After you order their item (you can do it dirrectly with your CC) and it gets delivered you get your coins released. It has a fee of around 15%, but it gets lower if you have a few confirmed transactions. It works for both US and UK Amazon.

SALTLending

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:28:26 PM

Just use cash and someone from Local Bitcoins...
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 04:29:59 PM

Some of website are accepting credit card but they want some documents or proof that you are really the holder of that card because they're implenting rules againts fraud because of dispute transaction or malicious activity that hackers do when they hacked credit card but if you have any other payment method like paypal you can exchange it to bitcoin easily go to exchange currency thread
Bitcoin_Mafia_Me

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

BitcoinerX.com - PM for Ad Info

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 07:08:37 PM

I use Virwox to buy / sell BTC (I'm a small fish in a very big pond, though). It's a little convoluted how
they do it - USD > SLL > BTC - but it works. Their fees aren't *too* terrible and they decrease the more
you use their service.

I don't think they accept credit cards though unless it's via Skrill or something similar.

Cheers!

Cynthia

AntiTrump

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 03:06:27 PM

You could also use the Gemini exchange.  That has much lower fees than coinbase.
GalacticEmpire

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:47:38 PM

I sympathize, I know that  buying Bitcoin is pretty hard for newbies, especially since you picked a bad time (there's a lot of pressure on the Bitcoin network right now so all transactions are pretty difficult).  Companies which let you buy with a debit/credit card are OK if you provide ID and choose a trusted one.  I think that most sites, like Coinify and Coinmama are okay with GBP but I can't 100% vouch for that.

Alternatively, if you're in an urban area you could try a Bitcoin ATM which make it a bit easier for you to transfer the funds to your wallet (you do need a wallet to hold your Bitcoin, like Coinbase or Blockchain).

You could even do a transfer on LocalBitcoins which is more of an open marketplace where you can do transactions with cash (DON'T do PayPal, there's a likely chance of chargeback fraud).
Zencash

Activity: 113
Merit: 29

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 12:38:18 AM

It is safe to use Coinbase as a start, but you'll have to learn to use your own wallet so you can transfert your funds on it.
Remember this: never store for too long bitcoins in a wallet you don't own the private key.

HORIZEN ►►► Unbounded By Design
Discord -------- ANN Thread -------- Blog -------- Telegram  --------  YouTube -------- Twitter
ZenCash extended it's brand on 22nd August 2018 now is HORIZEN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitwage

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:07:19 AM

You should also think about earning bitcoins  Grin

How?  Check out this detailed article on all the ways to do it: https://community.bitwage.com/t/how-are-bitcoins-earned/214
ustradebitcoin

Activity: 287
Merit: 251

I will buy your altcoin leave me a msg .

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 07:57:58 AM

use localbitcoin or paxful
Troubledmind

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:05:14 PM

Hi guys im technologically impaired im trying to find a secure site to purchase btc with a prepaid debit for a one time only use. I was also wondering if btc bought on www can be used for purchases on onion or do i have to find a wallet on the Tor network
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:26:39 AM

Hi guys im technologically impaired im trying to find a secure site to purchase btc with a prepaid debit for a one time only use. I was also wondering if btc bought on www can be used for purchases on onion or do i have to find a wallet on the Tor network

If you look for secured trading sites, Please proceed with the locabitcoins or coinbase to sell or buy the bitcoins. Most the traders are so trustful and make you didn't release the bitcoin before the payment done. Coinbase is most as a wallet you can have a vault and multiple wallets of BTC and ETH at there. Therfore, you buy or sell the btc, eth, doge, dash in the highest number there.
daviidalpert

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:06:44 PM

if you want to buy  btc you can go some changes.
jamieb81

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:46:37 PM

if you want to buy  btc you can go some changes.

Please leave a clear note which should help those who are in need of the information like for those who are looking to purchase bitcoin you can refer them at localbitcoin so that they can trade their fiat currency with the bitcoin and to be honest it will be our responsibility to give more visibility to bitcoin community since we are the one who have knowledge about this charismatic bitcoin.
FLUX-project

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:56:26 AM

This site will help you https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 12:58:48 PM

This site will help you https://www.bitcoin.com/buy-bitcoin

Hello flux project, Why you have digging out all the old topics in this section. Please do posts in the active threads and if there is necessary information you need to share on it else you will be blocked by the moderators soon from the btctalk. I hope you have understood.
Etanllah

Activity: 426

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 02:51:48 PM

Ok, this is definitely an option, but know the risks before you set up a meet and greet to buy bitcoins from someone who lives near you.

First, people have gotten robbed, even killed trying to do this. Now, those scenarios involve larger sums worth stealing but it's tough to meet a stranger to exchange cash. It's real easy to for someone to show up with a gun, well not in the UK as much...a knife I suppose. But from what I see on the news UK criminals know how use a knife!

Second (and perhaps most important), make sure you're getting a fair exchange rate. Don't pay a premium for the perceived convenience of "local bitcoin". Pull out your phone in the parking lot, where ever you meet someone, and look up the list price at that moment. Use Coindesk as a neutral quote.

Godspeed, friend!

Plenty of people do local Bitcoin transactions safely. I personally know a handful of people that have bought Bitcoins locally.

I wouldn't recommend meeting in an empty parking lot, or a dark alley though. Just meet somewhere safe in public, even a police station. I know our local police station recommends all in persona transactions being done there.
tigershark

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:55:18 PM

Hi guys,

My questions are:

Try localbitcoins or if you are in America, you can try Coinbase. You have to buy with a valid bank account.
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:59:03 PM

the best service i have used is Cubits, its very simple and the fees are minimal. You can use a debit card and I do not remember if you had to be verified there to buy such small amount.
Someone suggested Virwox, but the fees are very high, and usually it is being used if you have Paypal. For example, I have sent Eur20 in Paypal money and received Eur12 in Btc.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 06:55:41 PM

I prefer uphold to buy bitcoin, def cheaper than coinbase.

originalsloth

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:35:28 AM

Some of website are accepting credit card but they want some documents or proof that you are really the holder of that card because they're implenting rules againts fraud because of dispute transaction or malicious activity that hackers do when they hacked credit card but if you have any other payment method like paypal you can exchange it to bitcoin easily go to exchange currency thread
Definitely avoid those credit card sites. Even if they are legit, the fees are so high you might as well not buy any in the first place.
mynameisdon

Activity: 322

i am don(ripper's big daddy).i clean scammers.

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 09:34:41 AM

If you have access to Paypal i strongly recommend you to use for example the website wesellcrypto
.com they ask about 15% fees but you can buy whiteout verification for up to $15 a day all you need to do is to send them an email. But you got a lot different options go check on localbitcoins
sometimes you can buy/resell gift cards or try out purse.io
there you can buy something from amazon that is listed and you will be paid in bit coins, you will never get 1:1 rate but its still a good alternative. Anyway good luck and welcome in the bit coin world

mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 11:34:14 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 11:59:44 AM by mrjoy15

I always prefer using person to person to purchase some Bitcoin, it's much better than out of any other system. Using website or other needs to provide document its essential paper, fees and so on. But P2P it simply, without any trouble or extra fees.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 04:13:20 PM

I said it before and I will again now and in the future. Use localbitcoin it's by far the best quickest and easiest way to buy bitcoins. I actually enjoy using them. It's such a pleasure. I have had no issues not even close to an issue. Everything is smooth like it should be. They are outstanding and I will always recommend people to use them. No personal info needed. All you do is hand over your bank details wait for the deposit. Once it's in your bank the trader will tell you. Login and look. If it is there you simply release your coins then the dealer gets them .

RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:34:10 PM

I said it before and I will again now and in the future. Use localbitcoin it's by far the best quickest and easiest way to buy bitcoins.

I have also used localbitcoins to purchase BTC, but in my country there are not many traders. As a result of this, I have to pay 5% to 15% above the exchange rates to purchase Bitcoins. Is there any other option available in the third world nations?
TTMNewsK

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 10:54:12 PM

Yes!
You can buy bitcoin by using visa from the localbitcoin, coinbase and many more.
But for me localbitcoin is the easiest way to use on buying a bitcoin.
Anonymouskey

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:22:46 AM

localbitcoin is better than all other websites,in the past i used spectrocoin,
Dudeperfect

Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2017, 09:03:38 AM

I haven't tried it yet but one can purchase bitcoins using their credit card or even virtual credit cards through the service of cex.io. They just ask you to click a selfie with the credit card you own and then you can directly buy bitcoins from their site.

Alternatively, you can link your credit card with PayPal and then buy bitcoins from anywhere which supports payment with paypal.
Rupok

Activity: 882

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 03:14:12 PM

I said it before and I will again now and in the future. Use localbitcoin it's by far the best quickest and easiest way to buy bitcoins.

I have also used localbitcoins to purchase BTC, but in my country there are not many traders. As a result of this, I have to pay 5% to 15% above the exchange rates to purchase Bitcoins. Is there any other option available in the third world nations?

paxful.com is also a great site for buy sell bitcoin with a lot of payment processor

startrek

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:01:29 PM

I think you can buy them on localbitcoins.com.
ddhga

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:49:15 AM

Are you willing to link a bank account? Here's a link to Coinbase: https://www.coinbase.com/join/5198634ab2e8fc9c3a000024

Coinbase is greater for people new to Bitcoin. It's easy to buy or sell bitcoin, through a credit card (visa/mastercard) or linked bank account. It's based in the US, thus is subject to some laws and reputation, i.e., they can be trusted for your transactions and small savings. They have a GREAT mobile app and website.

You will be able to purchase just $30 worth. The transaction will take a few hours to a few days depending on whether you set up the Coinbase account with a credit card or a bank account (bank account takes longer). And the initial set up takes a bit more time, just to verify that your card/acct is your own.

PM me if you have more questions.
it's not support china?why I can not buy the BTC in the platform?
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 04:14:27 AM

There are many ways to buy bitcoins and many other users mentioned sites that are trustworthy and easy to buy. You can also buy bitcoin at c-cex.com and any other exchanges using perfectmoney, payeer which supports credit cards, okpay and many more.  I think via exchanges you can purchase a little amount like 30$ but there is a fee in every transaction that happens so you will get lesser bitcoin. Sometimes it might be more convenient in localbitcoins but in some countries exchanges can be more convenient.
christyh

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:58:51 PM

Try to go https://localbitcoins.com/ that is available with several countries for trading Bitcoin in more methods. I think it help you much

Watanabe1505

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:52:59 PM

Looking for any exchange in your country to buy some Bitcoin with easy way at https://bitcoin.org/en/exchanges.
I hope it is useful for you Smiley
mizan2821

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:45:49 AM

Thank, I got some  info in this post........now i have some idea....How do I buy bitcoins
Danicole

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:11:47 PM

I want to add, i think it's best to use a btc exchange within your own country. That's easier incase you need to have a contact session with them.

QuartzBlockchain

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:30:09 PM

Hi guys,

My questions are:

1) Yes you can
2) Yes you're able to purchase the amount of BTC you require
3)Depends on which verification procedures you mean. Exchange ones?
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:24:13 PM

Hi guys,

My questions are:

Yes, you can
Example
You can buy BTC-e code from exchanger by real money( Cash, visa debit. PM money)
Register for BTC-E.com and buy BTC
More infor may be search on Google
howtobuybtc

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:44:04 PM

Great questions raised here. Let me try give some insight:

I've written up a full explanation showing how it is possible to use a visa debit or mastercard to buy bitcoins: https://howtobuybitcoin.io/#Which_is_the_best_payment_method_to_get_bitcoins . You will aslo see that one can buy btc with cash, paypal, and banktransfer (the cheapest but slowest method).

Yes, totally. For small amounts, because it's convenient (but slightly more expensive than bank transfer purchases), most people just find a site to buy bitcoin with paypal: https://howtobuybitcoin.io/#Best_places_to_get_bitcoins_with_PayPal

You know, I get so many questions about why sites do all these verification procedures. Most places have it all done and verified within 48 hours (some faster - Bitstamp for example). There are also places to get bitcoins without ID verification: https://howtobuybitcoin.io/#Why_so_much_identity_verification8230_and_which_sites_don8217t_require_this
1minbtc

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 04:13:27 PM

There is a web site where you can quickly buy Bitcoin with a credit card - https://1minbtc.com

Very simple to use, no registration required. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover accepted.
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:35:43 PM

I've written up a full explanation showing how it is possible to use a visa debit or mastercard to buy bitcoins: https://howtobuybitcoin.io/#Which_is_the_best_payment_method_to_get_bitcoins . You will aslo see that one can buy btc with cash, paypal, and banktransfer (the cheapest but slowest method).

I know that is not a popular method but in some places, especially in big cities, there is the option of crypto ATMs. Currently there about 1170 machines as this site claims here. Eventhough is an expensive way in some places but some of these machines has the nice feature not only to buy but you can sell to fiat too. So for the sake of completeness of your guide, which IMO it is very well written you could add this option too.
NLGer

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 01:14:57 AM

I know that is not a popular method but in some places, especially in big cities, there is the option of crypto ATMs. Currently there about 1170 machines as this site claims here. Eventhough is an expensive way in some places but some of these machines has the nice feature not only to buy but you can sell to fiat too. So for the sake of completeness of your guide, which IMO it is very well written you could add this option too.

Do you have to verify in some way?

███████████████████████████████
          AmsterdamCoin     |                          Join us now 
█████████        x x x     .    ████████          AmsterdamCoin     |             █████████     x x x     ████████
███████████████████████████████          AmsterdamCoin     |       Masternodes- Encrypted messages - TOR   
worldmobilecoin

Activity: 159
Merit: 11

World Mobile Coin

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 09:02:56 AM

Try to go https://localbitcoins.com/ that is available with several countries for trading Bitcoin in more methods. I think it help you much

So far, localbitcoins.com is the best for variety payment option (cash,paypal,moneygram). Used it always. But make sure you find 100% trusted seller. Less 1 hour transaction.

WMCC: wc1qcl3qeqkjamt8m7ass0weu9ep6s8se722y553jm
BTC: 1N1ZM9xCzHtn8mD4a4JYUm7bC5T54CBDmD
ETH: 0x6145e253196C7a7CEDDA1797B69E2ba67Fe3219b
BCH: 18CW3B95oTtW5MYG7GAs8isABA4TeNntWA
J Gambler

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 10:30:27 AM

So far, localbitcoins.com is the best for variety payment option (cash,paypal,moneygram). Used it always. But make sure you find 100% trusted seller. Less 1 hour transaction.
It is true localbitcoins.com is the best one where you can deposit via bank also and with in that hour speculation you will received your bitcoin and really to trade or invest depends on what you will gonna do. I love to use localbitcoin coz there are some people who get the highest reputation.

Y U MAD AT ME
LuckyLeprachaun

Activity: 470
Merit: 251

Bitbay is the Future!!!

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:41:19 AM

1minbtc.com IS A SCAM!!! AVOID!!!

Nighttrader invite code: 2PJbGxt95Dz7JKU2N8oudyAJ1Tzs
silverduck

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 11:49:17 AM

The most trusted place to buy bitcoins is from localbitcoins as there are many trusted traders with high trust rating and the process is very simple and easy and won't eat much of your time and there is no chance that you will get scammed on that site as I am buying bitcoins from the same place since long time and everything has gone smooth so far.
jamespx

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:05:05 PM

When buying bitcoin in a P2P market, always check if there is 24/7 support
and/or if said platform supports Escrow
which respectable marketplaces like Paxful has.

I always think of that when I buy bitcoins.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:31:53 AM

There's a lot of way to buy bitcoin, however I don't know of that is available to different country. Because in our country you can bu bitcoin thru banks and different store outlet.
theplaizes789

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:07:21 AM

I couldn't buy 'em with Visa. :S
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:21:06 AM

buy in local bitcoin. like here in the philippines coins.ph

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
cloud69

Activity: 54

Stake.com India

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:10:46 AM

The easiest is to buy on coinbase.com

Stake.com ▰ The Bitcoin Casino ▰▰ Gambling Done Right
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 18, 2017, 09:45:16 AM

In our country you can buy bitcoins in any banks or mini shop. In the bank you can deposit in coins.ph then you converted in bitcoin while in mini shop you were buy into coins.ph after that they sent you a bar code and the bar code given to you was scanned by the cashier of mini shop.
jamsproject

Activity: 61

https://paxful.com/roots/buy-bitcoin?affiliate=ePn

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 06:12:07 AM

Always check if there is 24/7 support
which marketplaces like Paxful has.

gingerxlady

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:41:45 PM

Always check if there is 24/7 support
which marketplaces like Paxful has.

Well, to expand this thought, Paxful provides, guides, tutorials(directly from an admin) and support responds within 10 minutes time.
Really feels good that they are Involving themselves in education of users.
HubX

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2017, 03:39:00 PM

One should always compare the price of Bitcoin on various exchanges. It is astounding that the price may vary on different exchanges. I recommend checking out https://www.hubx.io/ to compare prices and other costs on various exchanges
Bitcoin_baba

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:18:04 PM

Choosing which is the best method, depends on three factors.

The three factors are:

KYC Requirement or Information to be Provided to Exchanges (Privacy)
Payment Method
You can find Read this to learn more : Best Bitcoin Buying Guide
ranthe3rd

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:05:43 AM

I wrote a short article on the easiest way to get started, buying bitcoin and then how to trade altcoins as well. Purchasing with credit card cannot be done with most banks now, and you should never borrow money to purchase coins. Never spend more than you are willing to lose.
http://www.ranthe3rd.com/beginners-guide-trading-cryptocurrencies/
hurriebra49

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:00:26 PM

The current price of bitcoin is around 8200 dollars as of today, we have to think in long term when it comes to the mass adoption of bitcoin for this state ,so the value will be worth approximately at least 5 times more that is 30000 per coin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: