Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:13:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON 7GPU  (Read 20660 times)
w8term3lon

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:21:23 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 02:33:10 AM by w8term3lon

Hello, I'm new to the forum,
my configuration:
Intel Celeron G3930 7th gen(Kaby Lake)
MSI GAMING Z170A PRO CARBON
Kingston 8 GB DDR4
Intel 120GB SSD
7x Sapphire Rx 480 8GB OC (with modded bios)
EVGA Supernova 1200w

I installed the new BIOS and then installed the modded one, but every time I try to boot into windows it shows a backlit black screen and whenever I try booting a UEFI install usb it shows the windows loading circles and then backlit black screen. I've left it on for 24 hours with the same result.

Without the 4G decoding the system is fine, but whenever I try turning it on the system just does a backlit blackscreen, also I have PEG0 and PEG1 set to Gen1

What should I do? I'm really desperate right now, any help is appreciated.
LegendSamta

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 04:56:27 AM

my configuration:
Kingston 8 GB DDR4
Intel 120GB SSD
EVGA Supernova 1200w

I installed the new BIOS and then installed the modded one, but every time I try to boot into windows it shows a backlit black screen and whenever I try booting a UEFI install usb it shows the windows loading circles and then backlit black screen. I've left it on for 24 hours with the same result.

Without the 4G decoding the system is fine, but whenever I try turning it on the system just does a backlit blackscreen, also I have PEG0 and PEG1 set to Gen1

Hello,
First, install this bios (A single gpu main port) ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk22xpc6afayexc/E7A12IMS.7Z?dl=0
Then install windows in UEFI mode. (Before installing, change the partition of the disk to GPT).
After installing windows. Install Amd driver
reboot.
Now activates 4G on the bios, you do not need to activate or change anything else.
Reboot.
Plug all gpu and wait Smiley
Good Luck Sorry my english is not very good

LegendSamta

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:04:36 AM

my configuration:
Kingston 8 GB DDR4
Intel 120GB SSD
EVGA Supernova 1200w

Hello,
First, install this bios (A single gpu main port) ... https://www.dropbox.com/s/bk22xpc6afayexc/E7A12IMS.7Z?dl=0
Then install windows in UEFI mode. (Before installing, change the partition of the disk to GPT).
reboot.
Now activates 4G on the bios, you do not need to activate or change anything else.
Reboot.

http://prntscr.com/f7lkrt
Collycoin

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:03:39 AM

This may be a stupid question but do you need more than 4Gb of RAM on your rig for the "Above 4Gb decoding" to work?
w8term3lon

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 03:26:56 PM
Last edit: May 14, 2017, 03:38:12 PM by w8term3lon

my configuration:
Kingston 8 GB DDR4
Intel 120GB SSD
EVGA Supernova 1200w

Hello,
reboot.
Reboot.

I just tried this, it doesn't work. The same thing happened. It shows a backlit black screen after loading the BIOS screen.
I'm using Rufus since you can't only install UEFI windows 10 using Media creation tool.https://i.imgur.com/dj7LdN6.png

So this is what I did:
https://i.imgur.com/hdMLAsb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/sQpGInR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yugLee4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7pZEppT.jpg
So it boots with the bios logo.
https://i.imgur.com/kJDiTKA.jpg
Then it shows a loading screen without the windows logo.
https://i.imgur.com/wMmyCuw.jpg
After that it shows the loading circles with the msi bios for a split second. (literally for 1 second, but somehow I managed to get a picture of it)
https://i.imgur.com/gyyJF7g.jpg
Right after it shows the backlit blackscreen.
https://i.imgur.com/JY4UPfj.jpg
I have been using the modded version of the bios already. I have also tried the 1.7 Official version. Both do not work.
I also have tried using only 1 GPU(not on riser), no cards(using on board Graphics), 1 GPU(on riser) and all GPU(on risers).
magnoman

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:05:16 PM

This may be a stupid question but do you need more than 4Gb of RAM on your rig for the "Above 4Gb decoding" to work?

No I have 7 GPU running on UEFI Win 10 using this board with only 4GB of RAM.
magnoman

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:19:37 PM

my configuration:
Kingston 8 GB DDR4
Intel 120GB SSD
EVGA Supernova 1200w

I had much better luck using a Sky Lake Pentium G4400 CPU with this board and 7 GPU.  Couldn't get a Kaby Lake Celeron G3930 to work with 7 GPU.  Has anyone??  I read somewhere that Sky Lake was needed and it indeed fixed my issues.
cryptolelefla

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:38:14 PM

my configuration:
Kingston 8 GB DDR4
Intel 120GB SSD
EVGA Supernova 1200w

I had much better luck using a Sky Lake Pentium G4400 CPU with this board and 7 GPU.  Couldn't get a Kaby Lake Celeron G3930 to work with 7 GPU.  Has anyone??  I read somewhere that Sky Lake was needed and it indeed fixed my issues.
i got system working well with g3900 + 4 gb ram + 7 gpu
magnoman

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:43:06 PM

my configuration:
Kingston 8 GB DDR4
Intel 120GB SSD
EVGA Supernova 1200w

i got system working well with g3900 + 4 gb ram + 7 gpu

G3900 is a skylake as well.  Anyone with a Kaby lake and 7 GPU with this board?
Apneal

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:43:11 PM

I just tried this, it doesn't work. The same thing happened. It shows a backlit black screen after loading the BIOS screen.
I'm using Rufus since you can't only install UEFI windows 10 using Media creation tool.

So this is what I did:
After that it shows the loading circles with the msi bios for a split second. (literally for 1 second, but somehow I managed to get a picture of it)
I have been using the modded version of the bios already. I have also tried the 1.7 Official version. Both do not work.
I also have tried using only 1 GPU(not on riser), no cards(using on board Graphics), 1 GPU(on riser) and all GPU(on risers).

This is what I need to do to get it working:

Disable 4g Decoding. PCIe Gen 1.
Install 1 card at a time. Make sure Windows is happy with the card.
On the 5th card, Windows should report Code 12 on 2-3 cards after installing the drivers.
NOW reboot into BIOS, turn on 4G decoding. Make sure fast boot and any other special boot options are disabled.
Windows now boots after a brief black screen.
Now you can go on to install GPU 6+.

If I try it any other way then exactly as I described, the screen just goes black after showing the BIOS splash screen.
w8term3lon

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 05:56:50 PM

I'm using Rufus since you can't only install UEFI windows 10 using Media creation tool.

So this is what I did:

On the 5th card, Windows should report Code 12 on 2-3 cards after installing the drivers.
NOW reboot into BIOS, turn on 4G decoding. Make sure fast boot and any other special boot options are disabled.

If I try it any other way then exactly as I described, the screen just goes black after showing the BIOS splash screen.

Just tried it with no luck. It's been on blackscreen for the past 5min. Sad
Apneal

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 06:13:04 PM

It's hard to help you if you dont describe exactly where you're getting a black screen at. Did 4 cards work fine with 4g disabled? Did 5 install and code 12? Give details.
w8term3lon

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:52:27 PM

It's hard to help you if you dont describe exactly where you're getting a black screen at. Did 4 cards work fine with 4g disabled? Did 5 install and code 12? Give details.

It goes straight to black screen right after the loading circle, which comes after the bios image. (the part where it shows the mobo maker and press del to go into bios). So up to now its been black screen. I left it on for the duration.
cryptolelefla

Activity: 121

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 09:47:38 PM

anyone have tried to get m.2 port work as pcie
w8term3lon

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:53:23 AM

So I got my rig to work. FINALLY!!!  Cheesy

(Using the modded Motherboard Bios.)
What I did to get it working.
1.) I plugged my ssd into another pc and went into Disk management.
2.) Deleted all volumes
3.) Coverted the entire disk to GPT
4.) Used Rufus and flashed Windows 10 ISO onto a USB drive with Partition Scheme set as GPT
5.) On the rig BIOS change PEG0 and PEG1 to auto and disable Above 4G decoding.
6.) On the boot menu ONLY allow UEFI
7.) Booted the USB
8.) Installed windows and AMD driver 16.11.1
9.) Went into BIOS and changed Integrated graphics to PEG
10.) Changed PEG0 and PEG1 to GEN1 and enabled Above 4G decoding.
11.) Save and restart.
12.)SUCCESS!!!

I currently don't know which driver to use though since 16.11.1 keeps crashing when I have 5 GPUs installed, any suggestions?
iamnoobplzhelp

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 05:59:30 AM

2.) Deleted all volumes
4.) Used Rufus and flashed Windows 10 ISO onto a USB drive with Partition Scheme set as GPT
7.) Booted the USB
11.) Save and restart.
12.)SUCCESS!!!

I currently don't know which driver to use though since 16.11.1 keeps crashing when I have 5 GPUs installed, any suggestions?

Depends on which GPU you have. I have RX 580s and I have 17.5.1 running just fine. Just have to use the driver patcher, atikmdag.
w8term3lon

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:16:52 AM

2.) Deleted all volumes
7.) Booted the USB
11.) Save and restart.
12.)SUCCESS!!!

Depends on which GPU you have. I have RX 580s and I have 17.5.1 running just fine. Just have to use the driver patcher, atikmdag.

So I have Sapphire Rx480 8GB oc. How are you supposed to use the driver patcher?
fuzion1

Activity: 111

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 12:43:47 AM

So this is what I did:

For anyone having trouble with black screen issues. This works perfectly with driver 16.9.2. My windows update ran and messed my driver up causing the black screen. I did these exact steps to fix it. Except with 4G turned off I booted with 1 graphics card and ran DDU and then reinstalled 16.9.2
cryptonitro

Activity: 348
Merit: 119

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:06:49 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2017, 11:14:29 AM by cryptonitro

solved thanks for bios Smiley

The only project make me believe ... Holochain
costi.kocev

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 07:24:12 AM

I have problem running 7gpus, but thanks to creepas, everything is ok now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: