Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:00:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin benefit of saving for a long time?  (Read 82240 times)
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:45:25 PM

Bitcoin is viewed by many as the best investment of our generation. Something that is still accessible for average Joe and is better than any other investment option.

Do you really need any more incentives that this?

Naysayers may argue that Bitcoin is no good because is is extremely volatile and price if fluctuating all the time.
Well, just take a look at historical price charts. Sure there is a fluctuation, but bitcoin's position is stronger with every passing year.
Bitcoin is not the best investment of our generation but as of now? Yes we can say that but in terms of legit long term like 20 years or more then bitcoin is not the best because it is not stable and its price is very volatile and it can be dump anytime because there is a lot of people who got bitcoins at the early age of it so they can dump their coins and that is the down side for bitcoin so we can't comfortably say that bitcoin is the best.

One of the things that makes Bitcoin attractive as an investment is that there is a limited number of Bitcoins that can be mined. As we get closer to that limit, they are getting harder to acquire. As long as Bitcoin can survive, it seems that there is potential for it to make long term gains.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 09:46:51 PM

why so many people store their bitcoin in their wallet for a long time, whether the benefits will they get?

Come share your thoughts

There are many different kinds of people that use bitcoin and we have different preferences how we manage our money and our bitcoins in the wallet(s).

Personally, I prefer to hold the savings or the money that I have dedicated to saving in a "cold" wallet which I prefer to not touch these coins for a long time.

But sometimes we need to make some moves on our savings and I prefer to hardware wallet instead of a paper wallet, the benefit of storing for a long time bitcoins are the hope to see a higher price sooner.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 11:03:46 PM

why so many people store their bitcoin in their wallet for a long time, whether the benefits will they get?
One simple and most straightforward reason and benefit is that we would earn the max when the price rises. Price rise is something that we all know would happen after every few months and it does happen, yet we always doubt that and people loose a lot.

If you don't know let me recall you that the price of bitcoins started from 1 cent and now there is a fees of almost 20 cents in each transaction, hope the rest you know !!
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 12, 2017, 11:19:17 PM

One simple and most straightforward reason and benefit is that we would earn the max when the price rises. Price rise is something that we all know would happen after every few months and it does happen, yet we always doubt that and people loose a lot.

If you don't know let me recall you that the price of bitcoins started from 1 cent and now there is a fees of almost 20 cents in each transaction, hope the rest you know !!
It is not the same invest in banks that it takes years before you gain profit with small interest bitcoin is growing fast and almost all people who are using bitcoin are gaining benefits. they are making profit every time the price of bitcoin is increase if you are holding large amount of bitcoin you can gain more profit what you are invest from before until now. there are a large changes from $300 when i was start and until now that we touch at $1300 that i think if you invest  more than 10 btc or more here in my country you can be nearly millionaire..
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:29:43 AM

Come share your thoughts

Maybe they hold it for a reason like they want it to invest in long run waiting that bitcoin fulfill the higher level before they sell it.  Because we know bitcoin can reach super higher price.  If i have many bitcoin also i will keep it until my desire price come.

this is my reason when i want to save bitcoin and i want to sell bitcoin when the price is more higher than know and i have the opportunity to see the price, but i am spend my bitcoin too because with bitcoin, i can buy something in internet so i use the save and buy in the same time and i think i still can save it in my wallet.
Yes we have opportunity to see bitcoin price and how many we get profit on it. Saving for a long time is good but we need to be careful because bitcoin have chance to fall down the price and never goes up again.  That is only my opinion hope that not happen.
Minimii

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 11:33:12 AM

I can almooost promise they do not do it for fun. For believing and for profits is my point of view. Look at the trend, we can easily reach 2000$.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 02:20:25 PM

If people store bitcoins in their wallets, so it has clear mean that people trust on bitcoin, and also me, i also have save my bitcoins into my wallet, because it is my investment. Bitcoin is best cyrpto currency and it has really good price value, and definitely in future bitcoin give us profit and it will be a great place in online world.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 02:46:12 PM

Isn't it just so that they could hold onto their money? Or am i wrong?
There is many places that someone could hold or even hide their money and a Bitcoin wallet would be one of the options that someone could select to do so. There's also things like Banks and safes yet those aren't as secure as most people think and sometimes a simple Bitcoin wallet will suffice so that is why I think that is why people save their money inside a Bitcoin Wallet. Plus the price of Bitcoin goes up and they make a few bucks doing so.

Yes, you are right bitcoin wallet - it's a good place to store your bitcoin. But it's best to keep your savings in a few bitcoins of purses. This will reduce the risk of loss if the wallet is hacked
Nope, just choose the recomended wallet such as the spv wallet and you will feeling easy to see them on your dekstop wallet. and i think all of the web wallet are too risky to save our money.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:12:01 PM

Come share your thoughts

Saving your bitcoin for a long time it can be earn profit but for me save your bitcoin when the price or demand not needed for example when bitcoin decrease its price into bottom then you can save your bitcoin for long it can be up or earn as much as $1000 if bitcoin price will be back into crisis but when you are in a rush and needing a good profit trading is the solution.
justdimin

Activity: 3038
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 04:56:46 PM

Its an easy answer. It is the hope that bitcoin will rise more at the future.
Though some have another reason. I use my bitcoin wallet for prepaid loading purposes. Thanks to the 10 percent rebate I can profit more while waiting for bitcoin to go up.
Also my emergency money whenever I dont have cash left in my wallet. All I need is my phone which is always with me and an internet.
Actually only saving bitcoins give the price rise benefit but actually trading bitcoins and not selling them for fiat is not what i would call as holding but doing that way you earn the maximum profits.
If you look at the charts of bitcoins price then you will notice that the average price has just gone up and up only, this tells the story.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:30:58 PM

Come share your thoughts

well if they are keeping lots of their bitcoin for a long time it is really obvious that most of them just want to get a profit from it as we all know that the price of bitcoin is changing, there could be many reasons why they are doing it and many benefits that they want to get but mostly getting profit is main purpose of holding their coins .
patrickmh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 06:00:31 PM

Come share your thoughts

well if they are keeping lots of their bitcoin for a long time it is really obvious that most of them just want to get a profit from it as we all know that the price of bitcoin is changing, there could be many reasons why they are doing it and many benefits that they want to get but mostly getting profit is main purpose of holding their coins .

Holding bitcoins can give you best profits in future when price goes higher but you can make huge profits from only holding only if you have higher amount of bitcoins in your wallet but if you are hoping that will small amount then it won't give you extra ordinary results so in that case it would be good to use them in trading and try to grow them slowly and steadily as higher amount of coins will give you higher profits.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 06:08:14 PM

I will classify these people into two main categories,

1. Investors - They have purchased or acquired bitcoins with a hope that price will increase in future and they will sell it at a higher price.

2. Dormant Users - They have purchased or acquired bitcoins for the purpose or without any purpose and they don't have much (or any) option to spend their bitcoins so their funds are lying in their wallet.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2017, 06:09:21 PM

Come share your thoughts

Holding bitcoins can give you best profits in future when price goes higher but you can make huge profits from only holding only if you have higher amount of bitcoins in your wallet but if you are hoping that will small amount then it won't give you extra ordinary results so in that case it would be good to use them in trading and try to grow them slowly and steadily as higher amount of coins will give you higher profits.

I agree, with a small amount of Bitcoin holding it even for a long time will not elevate or standard of living.  For example, 4 BTC won't make us a million dollar richer if multiply 10 folds.  The best way to make it have more impact in our lives is to grow it either through  Bitcoin investment or tradings.  

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:27:47 PM

If people store bitcoins in their wallets, so it has clear mean that people trust on bitcoin, and also me, i also have save my bitcoins into my wallet, because it is my investment. Bitcoin is best cyrpto currency and it has really good price value, and definitely in future bitcoin give us profit and it will be a great place in online world.

Agree, but selling some of the wallet will not be a problem. because we know the price is already high and what if the price falls. you have to take the chance and try to get the benefit from the btc you have. so my only suggestion is save half of the btc and half or lesser btc you can sell which will give you profit. again it is my opinion it is up to you how you take it. My projection and yours will not be the same and most importantly either your way of thinking will be right or mine will.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 06:45:05 PM

Come share your thoughts

I agree, with a small amount of Bitcoin holding it even for a long time will not elevate or standard of living.  For example, 4 BTC won't make us a million dollar richer if multiply 10 folds.  The best way to make it have more impact in our lives is to grow it either through  Bitcoin investment or tradings.  
if you bought that 4 bitcoin in 7 years ago or so where bitcoin price still around $1 i think you will feel get a huge difference right now. $4 turn to $4,500 , it sounds crazy and impossible right? it is same thing when a lot of people now predicted bitcoin still can reach $20k , $100k or even higher.

bitcoin always work with people thought about something impossible , just hold it on and let's see.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:32:08 PM

When one is focused on the benefit of keeping long term that  'by the this time next year or 2 years from now, bitcoin would be $5000' should also not be unmindful of the risk involved that the same $1200+ today might turn out to be $700 in a year from now. Until when that is settled by the investor, then all the I say anybody can save as long as he/she wants so far he is ready to take the outcome that might come as a result of that decision whether positive or negative...
pieppiep

Activity: 1596
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 07:47:13 PM

Agree, but selling some of the wallet will not be a problem. because we know the price is already high and what if the price falls. you have to take the chance and try to get the benefit from the btc you have. so my only suggestion is save half of the btc and half or lesser btc you can sell which will give you profit. again it is my opinion it is up to you how you take it. My projection and yours will not be the same and most importantly either your way of thinking will be right or mine will.

Very rightly said and its an individual's call to how to deal with an situation and I think if you have bought bitcoins at lower price in the past then there is nothing wrong in selling some of them when you see higher price as that is the only way to make profits and there is no point in simply holding them by missing an opportunity of making profits as you will always have an chance of buying them back when price drops sometimes in future.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:13:49 PM

Benefit of saving btc is a good idea. but just follow this thing if you feel you are getting the best reward comparatively to what you invested then it is best to sell it. whats the point of holding if you are on profit. you don't know when the price will fall.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:39:17 PM

Come share your thoughts

Price appreciation and the comfort of having the same amount of Bitcoins in the long run.

Some would be scared that they are not smarter than the market and would lose coins, others see it as a long term mechanism to accumulate wealth they can afford to leave alone.
Aka spend cash instead either way the reward is large enough for them to do it based on the price but at some point they will take the coins out and make actualized profit on their investment.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: