Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:58:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SmallChange [research-only] [Litecoin based] [15 seconds blocks] [*update now*]  (Read 26555 times)
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:26:23 AM

anyone help as to why im getting over 50% stales on the pool?
Someone else is going to have to help you with that.  I don't know how the normal miners apps work for scrypt mining.  nVidia card here, so I use the appropriate tools.

At best, I would suggest you do anything you can to minimize latency between you and the pool server.  I have a hunch that's the biggest bottleneck of this coin right now.  I see you putting up shares on the pool... 

edit:  Did the pool just glitch out?  Stat reporting just got a a little weird.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alex_fun

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:26:58 AM

Lol I mined a bit.

Here is the question, we discussed it before with some folks. When u solo and say u 1% of total hash or 5% or whatever percent according to theory of probability u get portion of blocks equal to your portion of hash rate. Provided u also connected to many nodes and run fast internet Smiley

So pool really does not offer alot when coin just starts. Your thoughts are welcome Smiley

paul21

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:28:11 AM

Actually the hash rate calc was way off on the pool (oops!) but it should be reporting correctly now (with stales accounted), but who knows. The pool is getting about half the blocks (1/2 of the net rate)

RIP my old pools... sometimes BTC isn't life ;(
testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:34:55 AM

Getting an 85% stale rate here solo...*sigh*
Cheshyr

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:36:34 AM

Actually the hash rate calc was way off on the pool (oops!) but it should be reporting correctly now (with stales accounted), but who knows. The pool is getting about half the blocks (1/2 of the net rate)
Glad to seer you working on it.  It appears to be reporting weird still.  I'm averaging about 340KH, with 80% acceptance...  but it's reporting 40KH.

edit: I wonder if the fast blocks is actually cutting into has rate...  the miners can't get their teeth into difficult problems, so your report is actually correct?  Overhead from changing work is causing significant loss/misreporting of hash rates?

Lol I mined a bit.

Here is the question, we discussed it before with some folks. When u solo and say u 1% of total hash or 5% or whatever percent according to theory of probability u get portion of blocks equal to your portion of hash rate. Provided u also connected to many nodes and run fast internet Smiley

So pool really does not offer alot when coin just starts. Your thoughts are welcome Smiley
I think there's benefits both ways. On a coin like this, where latency to blockchain updates has significantly more weight than normal, the pool makes more sense to me.  If hash rate was the sole determinant of income, and you were confident you could maintain a consistent portion of the network total, and you were ok with random spikes and droughts in income, then solo could work to your advantage.
alex_fun

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:36:58 AM

Getting an 85% stale rate here solo...*sigh*

Where are u checking it? Post your debug to pastie Smiley

testerx

Activity: 608
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:44:17 AM

The pool sees my rate as hilariously low and I seem to get a lot less than I do soloing even though the reject rates are crazy higher solo.  Oh well, it was pretty fun but I don't think the super quick 15 second blocks works all that well. 
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:47:33 AM

Someone else is going to have to help you with that.  I don't know how the normal miners apps work for scrypt mining.  nVidia card here, so I use the appropriate tools.

At best, I would suggest you do anything you can to minimize latency between you and the pool server.  I have a hunch that's the biggest bottleneck of this coin right now.  I see you putting up shares on the pool... 

cgminer stop working  Undecided
Cheshyr

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:52:27 AM

Image Link doesn't work.  :-(

That is sad either way...  why would a miner stop working entirely?

The pool sees my rate as hilariously low and I seem to get a lot less than I do soloing even though the reject rates are crazy higher solo.  Oh well, it was pretty fun but I don't think the super quick 15 second blocks works all that well. 
I liked solo up front, but now that the pool is in full swing, I don't have enough hash to compete...  and the pool is paying out pretty well, frankly.
Cheshyr

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:56:25 AM

Alright, crashing out.  It's been fun.  Do we want to do anything with this after it's been mined, or is the experiment effectively over after the next days?  Maybe set up a couple test sites to check it's feasibility for microtransactions?  Test it against Dust, and chain bloat?
wmikrut

Activity: 631
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 03:57:15 AM

I can back down if i am soaking up too much...  Roll Eyes

I will NEVER ask for any kind of funds up front in a buy/sale of anything on bitcointalk.

BM-2cTFihJKmSwusMAoYuUHPvpx56Jozv64KK
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:57:49 AM

anyone else getting 50% stales on the pool?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
ronaldinho_07

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:57:55 AM

Image Link doesn't work.  :-(

That is sad either way...  why would a miner stop working entirely?

I liked solo up front, but now that the pool is in full swing, I don't have enough hash to compete...  and the pool is paying out pretty well, frankly.

an other link,hope this works  Undecided
Cheshyr

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:01:07 AM

I'm not entirely certain how GPU rendering works through TeamViewer.  I know I can't start a miner through a Remote Desktop connection.  It may be the same problem.  Also, 127.0.0.1 may be confusing during a TeamViewer session.  :-p  Which one is localhost?  ;-)

edit:  Also, isn't cgminer up to v 2.11.4?  I don't know what he fixed, but updating may help.  (shrug)

edit edit: It looks like they release 3.0 yesterday.
ronaldinho_07

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:06:51 AM

I'm not entirely certain how GPU rendering works through TeamViewer.  I know I can't start a miner through a Remote Desktop connection.  It may be the same problem.  Also, 127.0.0.1 may be confusing during a TeamViewer session.  :-p  Which one is localhost?  ;-)

does it run correctly  Huh
bopbeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:09:37 AM

I'm not entirely certain how GPU rendering works through TeamViewer.  I know I can't start a miner through a Remote Desktop connection.  It may be the same problem.  Also, 127.0.0.1 may be confusing during a TeamViewer session.  :-p  Which one is localhost?  ;-)

yes.
you'll only see 1 accepted share for each block found though.
paul21

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:12:58 AM

So some learning experience:
The scripts for the mmcfe assume that they get run at least once every 120 confirmations. Not so true right now for smallchange Smiley

So It's crunching the backlog right now and it should pay out soon, there's a lot of unclaimed coins on the pool's wallet and I'm trying to get the payments generated.

Edit:

use --queue=0 --expiry=1 -s 1

RIP my old pools... sometimes BTC isn't life ;(
bopbeep

Activity: 84

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:15:07 AM

The scripts for the mmcfe assume that they get run at least once every 120 confirmations. Not so true right now for smallchange Smiley

So It's crunching the backlog right now and it should pay out soon, there's a lot of unclaimed coins on the pool's wallet and I'm trying to get the payments generated.

Edit:

thanks for maintaining the pool Smiley
ronaldinho_07

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:16:03 AM

yes.
you'll only see 1 accepted share for each block found though.

is there any pool  ? Roll Eyes except sc.dontmine.me
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 04:17:06 AM

Edit:

any ideas why im getting 75% stales or why my kh's no longer show up on the pool?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: