Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:44:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Taxation: You Can Always Leave.  (Read 3046 times)
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 12:49:22 AM

You Can Always Leave

A nice little animation about taxation.  A good watch for anyone curious about the "social contract" between a citizen and his government.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jobe7

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Now they are thinking what to do with me

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:05:14 AM

Government explained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUS1m5MSt9k

Government explained 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhSqzANQvbk

p.s. good video that you linked Smiley
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:08:35 AM

Government explained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUS1m5MSt9k

Government explained 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhSqzANQvbk

p.s. good video that you linked Smiley

I saw these a while back Grin  They're good vids tho, fun to see them again.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:05:04 AM

that was quite possibly the most naive presentation I've ever seen.  the cloud is an idiot who keeps suggesting that if you don't pay your taxes and a policeman comes to the door and you draw a gun you will die... therefore if you don't pay your taxes you die. holy shit boy, do you really think it's that simple?  we stopped jailing paupers hundreds of years ago.

are you going to privately fund a highway?  ROFL!

how about getting some cops to lock up Jeff., guess you'd need taxes for that huh?

I was waiting for the skeleton to tell the idiot to leave and then he broke down and asked what if the Indians want their land back?   oh my fucking god boy, do you actually subscribe to this nonsense?

look me up in a few decades after your mommy stops wiping your ass and paying your Internet bill!

Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:13:11 AM

that was quite possibly the most naive presentation I've ever seen.  the cloud is an idiot who keeps suggesting that if you don't pay your taxes and a policeman comes to the door and you draw a gun you will die... therefore if you don't pay your taxes you die. holy shit boy, do you really think it's that simple?  we stopped jailing paupers hundreds of years ago.

are you going to privately fund a highway?  ROFL!

how about getting some cops to lock up Jeff., guess you'd need taxes for that huh?

I was waiting for the skeleton to tell the idiot to leave and then he broke down and asked what if the Indians want their land back?   oh my fucking god boy, do you actually subscribe to this nonsense?

look me up in a few decades after your mommy stops wiping your ass and paying your Internet bill!

In a few decades, someone will be wiping your ass.  That's not a joke.

Here's a fun experiment: stop paying taxes, stop filing taxes, ignore the IRS when they ask to audit, and see what happens.  Have fun!

Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:27:12 AM

dude I know a scoundrel who owes the fed more than 50 million and he walks around free.  so what's gonna happen? it's been more than a decade... come on what are they gonna do?

I, on the other hand, pay my taxes because I feel a duty to do so.

and in a few decades I'll still be able to wipe my own ass just fine. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2291254/New-drug-developed-using-compound-red-wine-help-humans-live-150.html
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:36:43 AM

dude I know a scoundrel who owes the fed more than 50 million and he walks around free.  so what's gonna happen? it's been more than a decade... come on what are they gonna do?

I, on the other hand, pay my taxes because I feel a duty to do so.

and in a few decades I'll still be able to wipe my own ass just fine.  I may be here another 5 decades based on genetics.  modern medicine might add another decade or more.  and if I'm really really lucky the new age drug will be out in 5 years and I'll live another 11 decades.

Doubtful, but, at least you're hopeful.  I assume you have no background in genetics, medicine, or medical machinery, if you believe any of that is true.

The point is, the man you refer is a "scoundrel", implying he has done wrong by not paying taxes.  Certainly, some people get off the hook, but how many people will avoid taxes before the IRS starts taking names?  It's because of people like you, Mr. Patriot, he who has been brainwashed into this duty (for I assume you were serious earlier when you said you were), that taxation continues, and the "scoundrel" walks free until the IRS deems it appropriate to take him on.  After all, the average man earns a measly 1 million during his life time; unless this "scoundrel" is already a millionaire, nothing anyone can do will extract that money from him.  What's he gonna do?  Nothing.  He can do nothing in his life if he owes the IRS 50 million, for any significant amount of cash he owes will be swallowed.  If not, the IRS need to get on their game.

"Come on what are they gonna do?"  Watch the video again.  It explains exactly what they do.  First they'll ask nicely.  Then they'll demand.  Then they'll threaten.  Then it's jail time.  If you resist the police, you die.  You saw what happened when someone resists police force, did you not?  For any reason, whether you killed a guy, or avoided taxes.  What do you think will happen if this "scoundrel" is caught?  What do you think will happen if people realize nothing happens to this "scoundrel"?  You may taxes willingly, but if enough people decided not to, or if enough wealthy people decided (which they already have, by putting most taxes on people like you), then it's the use of force.  It doesn't matter if you feel it's your duty or not.  Taxes will be paid.

Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:56:28 AM

nonsense, you just like to hear yourself talk.  the IRS can and does do nothing,  wish and want as you may America is not the amerika you dream it to be.  and you are always welcome to leave (when you turn 18, that is).   follow my link young naive one... the article from great Britain.
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:03:15 AM

nonsense, you just like to hear yourself talk.  the IRS can and does do nothing,  wish and want as you may America is not the amerika you dream it to be.  and you are always welcome to leave (when you turn 18, that is).   follow my link young naive one... the article from great Britain.

Anyone and everyone who is an American citizen can tell you that the IRS is nothing to fuck with.  You cannot be a born American if you don't even know this; I won't believe it.  Are there no schools in Connecticut?  How the hell do people like you happen?  Help me understand how you happened.

Anyone, anyone, on this forum who is American, can back me up on this: the IRS can and does everything it can to the extent of the law, and then beyond the law.  Simply because you have not experienced this yourself does not mean it doesn't happen.  There are a plethora of examples online describing what a nightmare the IRS is: I made it easy for you, see here.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:04:01 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wesley_Snipes#Tax_conviction

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:07:09 AM

you are so conflicted, young one.  you said I am a fool because I feel a duty to pay tax (to support the military, education and old people) and then you say anyone who doesn't pay taxes is a fool.  which will it be?
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:08:55 AM

you are so conflicted, young one.  you said I am a fool because I feel a duty to pay tax (to support the military, education and old people) and then you say anyone who doesn't pay taxes is a fool.  which will it be?

What the fuck are you talking about?

the IRS can and does do nothing

Answer this direct conflict, first.  You can begin with the following words:  "I am wrong about the IRS because"

Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:31:02 AM

I'm not wrong about the IRS because the conviction here is based on a conspiracy charge.  this is fundamentally different than not paying your taxes.  conspiring to commit a crime is a jail able offense. is this really the best you can find?  look up ruby ridge, young one.  
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 04:32:13 AM

You guys are discussing what's called an "ignorance tax".  There are resources in that thread you can use to learn more.

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."
Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:34:10 AM

what he said, ignorant one
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:37:10 AM

what he said, ignorant one

Point remains: do you, or do you not, have to pay said tax?  And if you do not pay it, will the IRS act, yes or no.

the IRS can and does do nothing

Viceroy

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:39:05 AM

it depends on what you want in life. if you want a bank account, car loan, mortgage or a job... you'd better learn to pay the taxman.  if you can live off the grid then you probably pay little to no tax.
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:39:20 AM

Bitcoin a currency disassociated from any nation, might have to build it's own and  not necessarily with physical borders.
Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:41:37 AM

it depends on what you want in life. if you want a bank account, car loan, mortgage or a job... you'd better learn to pay the taxman.  if you can live off the grid then you probably pay little to no tax.

Really?  No tax?  So no sales tax?  No property tax?  No SS tax?  No taxes at all?

The only way you can accomplish that is by going homeless, or living off welfare.  If homelessness and welfare are your idea of an American dream, kudos.  You've been successfully brainwashed.

Mike Christ (OP)
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 04:43:44 AM

Bitcoin a currency disassociated from any nation, might have to build it's own and  not necessarily with physical borders.

Wouldn't mind it if Bitcoin dropped all these imaginary borders.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: