Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:32:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have a cure for gaming addiction?!  (Read 3177 times)
fuckitall

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:19:37 AM

i dont think you have to stop gaming addiction, just control it

Now here comes the right answer.....you don't have to exaggerate or worry about your gaming addiction...i don't think it's bad but yes control it..that 't the best possible option.....Even i control my addiction too....my parents keep saying all these things are rubish...the only way i could find out was to have control over my addiction....because i can't gaming that's my most lovable hobby Grin Grin Grin Grin

OnPlace Inc.
WEBSITE | BECOME AN INVESTOR OF PRIVATE COMPANIES BY USING OPL TOKENS | BITCOINTALK
crazycatwoman03

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:21:51 AM

As the title says, I am currently looking for a cure for my gaming addiction. I cannot simply lift my hands off my mouse and keyboard. I even ignore some of my college's days and continue playing, and even when I am at college, I keep thinking about what I am going to do when I get home and continue my games. I stay awake for more than 3 days just playing.

I am looking for a cure because this is getting out of control. I won't graduate from college and have a life, if I keep acting like that. Skyrim or LoL won't help me in real life, lol.

Yes indeed, you are right that you will not have a life if your addiction won't be cured as soon as possible. I have friends who have relevant problems as yours. There are times ( many to be exact ) that they would not come to school just to play in computer cafes and would not eat lunch to save their money for betting. Their addiction put them in bad shape not just in school but also for themselves. Some of them have stopped school because their parents think that they are wasting their money. Some of them tried to look away in gaming by trying to do other stuff like becoming involve in sports and also a change in circle of friends. It helped them a lot. As for your case and as a friendly advice, why don't you try getting involved in other stuff too. Find another hobby that will helped you to look away in gaming (maybe not completely but it is worth to try) or try to discipline yourself by limiting your time in playing computer games. If you really want to trace a straight line, there are many ways to do that. You just have to be persistent and have more determination to do it.  Smiley

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
3daysGrace

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 11:44:10 AM

You need to find just another passion in real life that will be much steeper than computer games. Although playing computer games can be a hobby, if it does not harm other spheres of life and does not interfere with interaction with others.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:33:35 AM

As you say, it seems that your game addiction is quite heavy. You have dropped out of college, this is very bad. Addictive gameplay also brings a lot of harm both to health, spirit and other relationships. To abandon the game is not an easy thing. You need to rethink in a kind and mature way about your future. What you need is your future career, not a lifetime game. If possible, find your lover, go out and go out with her more. You will not even think about the game anymore. Or participate in activities, outdoor sports games will keep you busy and no longer think about the game anymore. It is important that you have the will and determination. Good luck
rokkiBalboa

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 08:50:04 AM

Unfortunately, they have not yet come up with a cure for game addiction. It's quite difficult to get rid of game addiction, because you may not have enough willpower. It is better to contact a psychologist.
codingmaster

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 10:08:01 AM

Just stop. You need a strong will.
Villy_wongaa

Activity: 54

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 11:42:10 AM

Now here comes the right answer.....you don't have to exaggerate or worry about your gaming addiction...i don't think it's bad but yes control it..that 't the best possible option.....Even i control my addiction too....my parents keep saying all these things are rubish...the only way i could find out was to have control over my addiction....because i can't gaming that's my most lovable hobby Grin Grin Grin Grin

Or maybe it is not dependent, as a hobby? Why only consider computer games addiction? And if there is dependence on playing football or cooking?
Aztek

Activity: 423

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:47:13 PM

Just stop and focus on something that will consume your time.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:52:29 PM

the best solution for me would be to stop gambling at all cost!
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:59:55 PM

Real life sucks, I think you should cure your gaming addiction and start to become an internet addict. There's lots of interesting and especially funny thing on the internet and you can troll people and do all kinds of different things.
basketcoin

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 12:54:56 AM

somtime the cure is switching this hobby with another one you get the same feeling about, for me it was design and computer programming
SlaughterGirl

Activity: 288

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:28:15 AM

I am currently looking for a cure for my gaming addiction
Simply, take one BIG hammer and smash your computer, (so you dont have on what to play with anymore).  Grin ... then you will need to find some job to earn money for new computer... and then with the job and college you would not have time to think about games... so with the time you will totally forget about it.

basketcoin

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 10:39:22 AM

start working out or go outside. Get yourself busy basically
eminem90

Activity: 298

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:48:44 AM

I am currently looking for a cure for my gaming addiction
Simply, take one BIG hammer and smash your computer, (so you dont have on what to play with anymore).  Grin ... then you will need to find some job to earn money for new computer... and then with the job and college you would not have time to think about games... so with the time you will totally forget about it.
Damaging your phone or computer does not save a person from playing dependency. If a person wants to play gambling, then he will find where to do it.
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 05:35:39 PM

Try another hobby or engage yourself in a different passion not connected to gambling. Talk to your family and friends. I know someone who is addicted to gambling, but now he is not into gambling for the last 10 years. What he do? His wife threaten to divorce him if he's gonna stop gambling. So he put his time to another hobby, which is collecting or assembling model planes or cars. So after work, I will see him at his garage assembling it until he is sleepy. And that's how he overcome he's gambling addiction.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
yishak

Activity: 269

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:25:41 PM

Search for a cheat that increases your points/score/gems/gold/skill point then make it Max after that you will get bored of the game and leave it
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:26:23 AM

As the title says, I am currently looking for a cure for my gaming addiction. I cannot simply lift my hands off my mouse and keyboard. I even ignore some of my college's days and continue playing, and even when I am at college, I keep thinking about what I am going to do when I get home and continue my games. I stay awake for more than 3 days just playing.

I am looking for a cure because this is getting out of control. I won't graduate from college and have a life, if I keep acting like that. Skyrim or LoL won't help me in real life, lol.
What I can simply refer to you is that, delete your games in your computer or isolate yourself in using computer. However, this things can't be done if you aren't disciplined. For me, in order to do this stuffs to keep you away from computer, it would be better if you know how to discipline yourself.
daronch

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:39:31 PM

No cure man. Just need willpower to keep your game-playing time to a set amount.
Barkly186

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:54:15 PM

Get a dog. It is necessary to walk and it is necessary to train. Trust me you will have much less free time to play.
Drago2016

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:30:43 PM

Get a dog. It is necessary to walk and it is necessary to train. Trust me you will have much less free time to play.

If a person is passionate about something, then the dog will not help him.
To give up this dependence, you need to show willpower.
I had a game addiction. But in one day I just deleted all games and all accounts
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: