Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:09:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone have a cure for gaming addiction?!  (Read 3177 times)
FlamingFingers (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 288

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:16:59 AM

As the title says, I am currently looking for a cure for my gaming addiction. I cannot simply lift my hands off my mouse and keyboard. I even ignore some of my college's days and continue playing, and even when I am at college, I keep thinking about what I am going to do when I get home and continue my games. I stay awake for more than 3 days just playing.

I am looking for a cure because this is getting out of control. I won't graduate from college and have a life, if I keep acting like that. Skyrim or LoL won't help me in real life, lol.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 02:49:11 AM

There's no magical cure for a gaming addiction.  You just have to decide what is more important to you and learn to derive some excitement from your life rather than a fantasy world.  Just quit gaming.  Stop being a fucking dickhead and go to school - learn some real-life skills so you aren't a leech on your parents or worse, on society.
 I have a sure-fire cure.  Find a tough guy who is addicted to fighting, tell him that every time you play a game he can beat the shit out of you.  Just stop it; you're being a complete idiot throwing your life away on a fucking game.  If you can make the choice to play, you can also make the choice not to play.  Stop being a victim of yourself.

lusianahalim

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 09:59:37 AM

i got really addicted in DOTA from warcraft III. i play the game about 7 years ago. that is the first time i play it, 2010.
around 2013 and 2014, what in my mind is just that game. back from work, i play till midnight, then go sleep, go work, back home, play again.
when it come to weekend, i play around 30 hour without sleep and just having 1 meal. that is a really bad habit, i admit it in myself.

so what i was doing? the hardest part is the first month. i went to mall, to starbucks, to the beach, the club, anything else but home. i give my computer to my cousin for free (regret it now, that is a high spec computer). i learn to smoke, start my dating life, start meeting my friend, start to building professional college in office, and my life is better that way.

today, i can play the game, DOTA 2 in steam, but i'm not get addicted in that again. i can play once a day, or once a month. depend on my mood. my life is changing, i start to see the wonderfulness of the world and start having a family of my own.

that is my story of game addiction.
fuckitall

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 10:57:19 AM

Yes i have a cure...play games to that extent that you yourself feel boredom of playing games

hahahahahahaha

OnPlace Inc.
WEBSITE | BECOME AN INVESTOR OF PRIVATE COMPANIES BY USING OPL TOKENS | BITCOINTALK
evilgreed

Activity: 728
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 11:40:50 AM

Its up to you,you are the ones deciding for yourself all we can do is share our opinion.One of my opinion is that change the routine of your habit or try to remove that gambling in your life and replace it with another routine of yours.Wake up and get out of your own comfort zone explore more

╔═╗┬ ┬ ┬┌─┐┬┌─┐┌┐┌
║╣ │ └┬┘└─┐│├─┤│││
╚═╝┴─┘┴ └─┘┴┴ ┴┘└┘

Next generation reserve backed token for the decentralized web
   Stake and bond to earn up to 1000% APY
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN ELYSIAN FINANCE

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
wenjunnnnn

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:07:06 PM

Does anyone have a cure for gaming addiction?! Hmmm I think this need to control by ourself, nobody can control ourselves, only we can.
GooCust04

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 12:29:10 PM

You need to find an interesting hobby in real life. Tennis, football, paintball, swimming, skating ... there are a lot of options. It is only necessary to overcome laziness for the first time, and then it will become a habit.
FlamingFingers (OP)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 288

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:38:12 PM

There's no magical cure for a gaming addiction.  You just have to decide what is more important to you and learn to derive some excitement from your life rather than a fantasy world.  Just quit gaming.  Stop being a fucking dickhead and go to school - learn some real-life skills so you aren't a leech on your parents or worse, on society.
 I have a sure-fire cure.  Find a tough guy who is addicted to fighting, tell him that every time you play a game he can beat the shit out of you.  Just stop it; you're being a complete idiot throwing your life away on a fucking game.  If you can make the choice to play, you can also make the choice not to play.  Stop being a victim of yourself.
You are totally right. But you think I haven't tried that before? That tough guy was my father. Before I left home, my father used to beat the crap out of me, he wanted me to go to college and graduate, then do whatever with my life. Do you know what I've done? I was pretending to be asleep till he left for work, then I woke up and continue playing. And when he was taking me to college himself, I wasn't attending any lectures, I just stay for a little, then go home. And when things got worse, I left home.

The problem is not just gaming, it's also the college. I hate it. No one here goes to college by desire, all go by grades, and so did I. Although I was a very clever student (I even graduated from high school as the first), I was playing games in my exams' nights. But college... eh...

i got really addicted in DOTA from warcraft III. i play the game about 7 years ago. that is the first time i play it, 2010.
around 2013 and 2014, what in my mind is just that game. back from work, i play till midnight, then go sleep, go work, back home, play again.
when it come to weekend, i play around 30 hour without sleep and just having 1 meal. that is a really bad habit, i admit it in myself.

so what i was doing? the hardest part is the first month. i went to mall, to starbucks, to the beach, the club, anything else but home. i give my computer to my cousin for free (regret it now, that is a high spec computer). i learn to smoke, start my dating life, start meeting my friend, start to building professional college in office, and my life is better that way.

today, i can play the game, DOTA 2 in steam, but i'm not get addicted in that again. i can play once a day, or once a month. depend on my mood. my life is changing, i start to see the wonderfulness of the world and start having a family of my own.

Thanks for sharing, mate. I really appreciate it. It's not easy to admit it. Just like any other addiction.

You need to find an interesting hobby in real life. Tennis, football, paintball, swimming, skating ... there are a lot of options. It is only necessary to overcome laziness for the first time, and then it will become a habit.
I have done that already, and it didn't work. I found no passion in these games (Football, Tennis, and Karate).
And that's my other problem that I can't overcome my addiction. I have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Disorder).

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
pizzaonpineapple

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 01:55:47 PM

Yeah, i've been there, it wasnt until i got bad grades to realize that mobas aren't good if you have compromises, I dont have a real cure but I can advice you to moderate your game.
Cutting yourself from the internet wont help neither downgrading your pc, moderation its the key to success in life and gaming, if you play mobas limitate yourself to 3 or 2 matches or if you play fifa 5 games per day, Im not sure about skyrim but stay away from WoW if you are studying.
ollidolli

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:22:04 PM

a cure for gaming addiction would be locking you up and porhibiting access to any technology XD
ollidolli

Activity: 50

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 05:23:23 PM

Yes i have a cure...play games to that extent that you yourself feel boredom of playing games

hahahahahahaha

tried it Cheesy have been to that point but stll after some time the adiction is back Tongue
angkasaz

Activity: 116

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:19:15 PM

i dont think you have to stop gaming addiction, just control it

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:58:47 AM

As the title says, I am currently looking for a cure for my gaming addiction. I cannot simply lift my hands off my mouse and keyboard. I even ignore some of my college's days and continue playing, and even when I am at college, I keep thinking about what I am going to do when I get home and continue my games. I stay awake for more than 3 days just playing.

I am looking for a cure because this is getting out of control. I won't graduate from college and have a life, if I keep acting like that. Skyrim or LoL won't help me in real life, lol.
Throw your computer out of the window, seriously , if you fell like cannot control yourself you need to get rid of it now and when you need to use a complete for a homework then go to a cyber cafe.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8263

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 01:20:54 AM

There's no magical cure for a gaming addiction.  You just have to decide what is more important to you and learn to derive some excitement from your life rather than a fantasy world.  Just quit gaming.  Stop being a fucking dickhead and go to school - learn some real-life skills so you aren't a leech on your parents or worse, on society.
 I have a sure-fire cure.  Find a tough guy who is addicted to fighting, tell him that every time you play a game he can beat the shit out of you.  Just stop it; you're being a complete idiot throwing your life away on a fucking game.  If you can make the choice to play, you can also make the choice not to play.  Stop being a victim of yourself.
You are totally right. But you think I haven't tried that before? That tough guy was my father. Before I left home, my father used to beat the crap out of me, he wanted me to go to college and graduate, then do whatever with my life. Do you know what I've done? I was pretending to be asleep till he left for work, then I woke up and continue playing. And when he was taking me to college himself, I wasn't attending any lectures, I just stay for a little, then go home. And when things got worse, I left home.

The problem is not just gaming, it's also the college. I hate it. No one here goes to college by desire, all go by grades, and so did I. Although I was a very clever student (I even graduated from high school as the first), I was playing games in my exams' nights. But college... eh...

Thanks for sharing, mate. I really appreciate it. It's not easy to admit it. Just like any other addiction.

I have done that already, and it didn't work. I found no passion in these games (Football, Tennis, and Karate).
And that's my other problem that I can't overcome my addiction. I have CFS (Chronic Fatigue Disorder).

You know how ridiculous it sounds to hear you say you tried something but it didn't work?  It only means you didn't try! The only thing you must do is to stop yourself from this destructive behaviour.  Don't try, just fucking do it!  It's not your father against you; it's YOU against YOU!  Your father wanted you to be the best you can be.  Sounds like you have the ability to succeed at school - make a game of college then.  See if you can beat yourself.
 Chronic fatigue syndrome my ass.  You can't stay up three days straight gaming and expect to function normally.  You're sleep depriving yourself and making excuses.  The world won't wait for you man.  The sooner you stop being an insolent  child, the better.  Make a promise to yourself and keep it.
Once you put that gaming shit behind you, apologize to your parents for being such a dickhead to them.

pecson134

Activity: 630

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 05:05:44 AM

Even counseling itself won't suffice just to cure the addiction but it helps sometimes to lessen the addiction to a certain degree. In my opinion one of the best way to overcome addiction is self discipline. Remove all things that can bring you back to playing games. I won't say that you removed gaming in your life on one go but just taper it down day by day until you release yourself from playing for a withdrawal symptoms may occur.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ronxawala

Activity: 102

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 09:33:08 AM

Dependence on games appears when a person does not have anything interesting in the real world. It is necessary to go with friends to the cinema, to a concert, to try to change their way of life. Just do not need to switch to the TV.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 10:53:44 AM

3 days ? WOW !

I can imagine binge playing Counter-Strike and staying up all night but 3 days ?  Shocked

Find something else to do with your time.
Computers can do a lot Wink

Gaming suck shit though i quote many years ago because they are all GAY now.
..except Goat Simulator.. i got that but still didn't play it yet.

Get a new online / computer hobby.
There is a wide world of stuff to get into.

FUD first & ask questions later™
thunderj

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:20:00 PM

as i child i used to spend all of my summer holidays in front the computer and now i think what a waste it was. you should find something that connects you to the reality, friends, hobbies, food, travelling - in other words other addiction that doesn't affect you but helps you gain something on the contrary. just stay strong and keep away from the computer
Balle1912

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 16, 2017, 12:33:28 PM

Realise that however much you hate your addiction now, you are going to hate it multiple times worse in the future.
kingorbust

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 08:00:42 AM

uninstall the game, that is the easiest step. Cancel your account. It does not bring you money so  you have nothing to loose.

Go cold turkey if you dont need PC that much for few days.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║