Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:37:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BCAP] THE FIRST DIGITAL LIQUID VENTURE FUND - BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL FUND  (Read 48314 times)
ETCethereum

Activity: 451
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 12:36:03 PM

you can explain about fee 2.5%, and 25% to management fee
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Marina_T (OP)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 12:39:08 PM

you can explain about fee 2.5%, and 25% to management fee

Sure, from my earlier message:
The fees are in line with industry standards for VC funds. 2.5% management fee will be charged regardless of profits. 25% performance fee will be charged on profits, and that’s the fund manager’s compensation for providing a unique access to opportunities in the blockchain space that are otherwise not available to ordinary investors. For example, it is very difficult for an individual investor to get exposure to such companies as Bitfury, Xapo, Coinbase etc, and investing through BCAP gives you this opportunity. Please wait for the offering memorandum to learn about the exact mechanism of how the fees will be charged.
kmb448

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:37:48 PM

Do you anticipate knowing what form(s) of documentation we may submit to you to successfully satisfy requirement of accredited investor status? I.e. Will a US W-2 form suffice? Having read into it there's no uniform standard across various equity issuers. Wondering specifically because I want to ensure there is enough of a time window to gather sufficient documentation to get verified before the sale goes live.
TOMOAKI12345

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:40:28 AM

it's interesting and looking forward to seeing how the token holder will gain the appreciation from the GP !
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 01:06:35 PM

I want to know when the tokens will be available for trading on exchanges, someone told me one year after the ICO, is this true?

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:29:54 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:16:27 AM by mprep

I want to know when the tokens will be available for trading on exchanges, someone told me one year after the ICO, is this true?

This is indeed the case but only for US accredited investors. For the rest of the world investors the tokens will be available to trade around mid May.

Do you anticipate knowing what form(s) of documentation we may submit to you to successfully satisfy requirement of accredited investor status? I.e. Will a US W-2 form suffice? Having read into it there's no uniform standard across various equity issuers. Wondering specifically because I want to ensure there is enough of a time window to gather sufficient documentation to get verified before the sale goes live.

Will come back to you shortly with exact requirements. You should have enough time between 3 and 10 April.
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:45:07 PM

Just wait for 3rd April for more details.
kmb448

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:09:53 PM

Will do. Thank you.
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 03:45:51 PM

Generally a 2015 and 2016 W2 should be sufficient, as would an accountant or attorney's letter confirming you have the sufficient income or net worth. Please also feel free to have a look at: https://www.accredited.am/FAQ
icorating

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 08:39:35 AM

Hello all,

We are the ICOrating team.

We’re creating the most detailed database of every company that is having or planning to have, an ICO. We’re also developing ratings and analytical reports that will increase potential investors’ awareness of such companies.

We’re happy to announce that BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL FUND is now listed on our website. Check it out here http://icorating.com/project/68/Blockchain-Capital-Fund

We appreciate any feedback. Please feel free to contact us if there are any additions/corrections you want to insert.

jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 09:14:33 AM

This is indeed the case but only for US accredited investors. For the rest of the world investors the tokens will be available to trade around mid May.

Thanks for clarifying this.

I was told if the team is looking to raise $100 million, that they will get it with ease, because the team is credible and know what the are doing unlike a lot of developers in the space that don't understand the business aspect of their business.

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:22:58 PM

Hello all,

We’re creating the most detailed database of every company that is having or planning to have, an ICO. We’re also developing ratings and analytical reports that will increase potential investors’ awareness of such companies.

We’re happy to announce that BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL FUND is now listed on our website. Check it out here http://icorating.com/project/68/Blockchain-Capital-Fund

We appreciate any feedback. Please feel free to contact us if there are any additions/corrections you want to insert.

Thank you very much for the feature!
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:20:08 PM

This project will be the prediction of the acquisition of BTC in the system of the Wings?

Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:12:50 PM

This project will be the prediction of the acquisition of BTC in the system of the Wings?

I am not quite sure where you got this information, but no - Blockchain Capital is the leading venture capital investment firm focused on blockchain technology companies, and BCAP tokens sold in the ICO will represent a fractional interest in the single Limited Partnership (LP) in Blockchain Capital’s third fund.
ajhodge7

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:41:52 PM

How will the per year 2.5% management fee be collected?  If I have 10 BCAPs how will the 2.5% be charged?  Is this taken from some sort of dividend that will be dispersed quarterly or yearly?  Also, is the management fee from profits or from assets under management?  It would seem it would only be charged on dividends...in that case what if no dividends?  Does the 2.5% management fee only apply in profitable years?  Would be nice to see a company put their money where their mouth is so to speak for once.  

I like the idea of a fund entering the crypto space, but the reasons to do so don't seem to jive.  Why not make it public in the traditional sense?  Why just an ICO.  Seems that Blockchain Capital (BC) needs an influx of money to invest(?)...and if BC is established shouldn't there be enough happy investors lined up to contribute more?  Let's be honest, the goal is not to let the little guy enter the VC market, we all only do things to make money (which I'm totally for! Don't get me wrong).  I'm just missing something here.  The real WHY is something I don't see here.  Almost feels like BC is piggybacking the success of ICOs to have an influx of cash to invest...

I don't mean to sound cynical here, just trying to understand.

hmm, interesting thoughts actually.
See an ICO allows them to create a token at a cost of next to nothing to give anon people.
This ONE act alone can save them in court. Having the traditional VC route, EVERYTHING goes by the SEC, if people lose out, there will be hell to pay.
Crypto ICOs offer lowest liability possible, as the legal requirements to "fulfill your obligations" to investors are nearly ZERO :/

Geez you almost made me change my mind mate, need to think more about this

Thank you, you are raising some very valid points.

1. This ICO will be one the first ICOs to be compliant with US securities laws, so actually Blockchain Capital makes a very significant step to be compliant and regulated. Fund’s net asset value (NAV) will also be regularly reported. The offering memorandum in compliance with Regulation D and Regulation S of US Securities laws is expected to be published on April 3rd.

2. Only a relatively small portion of Blockchain Capital’s third fund is raised via an ICO. If you read the some of the news articles below the target for the fund overall is $50m, with only $10m coming from the ICO. So the bigger portion of funds is targeted to come from traditional limited partner route. ICO is the way for Blockchain Capital to practice what they preach and disrupt their own industry.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-blockchain-funding-idUKKBN16N1Z8
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/03/16/want-to-be-a-vc-this-firm-is-making-it-possible-for-everyday-people/#64f598397b70

3. The fees are in line with industry standards for VC funds. 2.5% management fee will be charged regardless of profits. 25% performance fee will be charged on profits, and that’s the fund manager’s compensation for providing a unique access to opportunities in the blockchain space that are otherwise not available to ordinary investors. For example, it is very difficult for an individual investor to get exposure to such companies as Bitfury, Xapo, Coinbase etc, and investing through BCAP gives you this opportunity. Please wait for the offering memorandum to learn about the exact mechanism of how the fees will be charged. There will be no dividends, as any profits will be reinvested into the fund, thus affecting NAV and hopefully token price in the aftermarket, as NAV will serve as a benchmark for it.

Thanks, Marina_T, for the response.

Follow up questions..

1) If there are no dividends, how will you collect the 2.5% fee?

2) Where does the other 75% of the profit go if the manager (Blockchain Capital) is taking 25%?  Is this the amount that is reinvested into the fund?

3) You say $50 million was already invested and the ICO will be $10million.  The investors during the ICO will receive a token (of value).  What do the investors in the $50 million "group" receive?  Do they get dividends or a stake in the company?  Do they get some of the 75% or the 25%? 

Thank you for your response in advance.  I'm just trying to understand the incentives for BC to allow the guppies to swim in the open ocean.  I get BC wants to "disrupt the industry", but nobody wants to do it unless they can make a buck or two...everybody's time is money.

-AJ
kmb448

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:19:21 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:14:47 AM by mprep

Hello all,

We appreciate this one. Thank you for the service! Will read.

Thank you for all the correspondence thus far Marina. Let me ask you a reiteration of what I and another user had asked you guys in regard to performance fees specifically:

For comparative purposes, TaaS project claims they will return 50% of fund profits to equity holders quarterly, with a remaining 25% being reinvested into the fund again. Short of stating it directly, they seem to omit what happens to the remaining 25% of fund profits which I could only assume would go to the fund managers. Essentially equivalent to a performance fee unless I am told otherwise.

The rough conclusion I reach from that offering is that you can expect to take away 50% of quarterly gains on your initial investment. Hopefully boosted by whatever accretive gains come from a 25% fund reinvestment. Fine.

Based on your team's offering description, it would sound like you are only exacting the 25% performance fee on profits gained, with the remaining 75% going back to equity holders. Aside from  the 2.5% fee on initial equity purchase of course. Would this be correct or am I missing something?

In all, somewhat more appreciative of the fact that your team is at least disclosing performance fees in an up front fashion, instead of users having to request that a missing 25% be spelled out (TaaS). However, we still want a little more light shed on just what happens with the 75% of remaining profit.
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:40:52 AM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:15:02 AM by mprep

How will the per year 2.5% management fee be collected?  If I have 10 BCAPs how will the 2.5% be charged?  Is this taken from some sort of dividend that will be dispersed quarterly or yearly?  Also, is the management fee from profits or from assets under management?  It would seem it would only be charged on dividends...in that case what if no dividends?  Does the 2.5% management fee only apply in profitable years?  Would be nice to see a company put their money where their mouth is so to speak for once. 

I like the idea of a fund entering the crypto space, but the reasons to do so don't seem to jive.  Why not make it public in the traditional sense?  Why just an ICO.  Seems that Blockchain Capital (BC) needs an influx of money to invest(?)...and if BC is established shouldn't there be enough happy investors lined up to contribute more?  Let's be honest, the goal is not to let the little guy enter the VC market, we all only do things to make money (which I'm totally for! Don't get me wrong).  I'm just missing something here.  The real WHY is something I don't see here.  Almost feels like BC is piggybacking the success of ICOs to have an influx of cash to invest...

I don't mean to sound cynical here, just trying to understand.

hmm, interesting thoughts actually.
See an ICO allows them to create a token at a cost of next to nothing to give anon people.
This ONE act alone can save them in court. Having the traditional VC route, EVERYTHING goes by the SEC, if people lose out, there will be hell to pay.
Crypto ICOs offer lowest liability possible, as the legal requirements to "fulfill your obligations" to investors are nearly ZERO :/

Geez you almost made me change my mind mate, need to think more about this

Thank you, you are raising some very valid points.

1. This ICO will be one the first ICOs to be compliant with US securities laws, so actually Blockchain Capital makes a very significant step to be compliant and regulated. Fund’s net asset value (NAV) will also be regularly reported. The offering memorandum in compliance with Regulation D and Regulation S of US Securities laws is expected to be published on April 3rd.

2. Only a relatively small portion of Blockchain Capital’s third fund is raised via an ICO. If you read the some of the news articles below the target for the fund overall is $50m, with only $10m coming from the ICO. So the bigger portion of funds is targeted to come from traditional limited partner route. ICO is the way for Blockchain Capital to practice what they preach and disrupt their own industry.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-blockchain-funding-idUKKBN16N1Z8
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/03/16/want-to-be-a-vc-this-firm-is-making-it-possible-for-everyday-people/#64f598397b70

3. The fees are in line with industry standards for VC funds. 2.5% management fee will be charged regardless of profits. 25% performance fee will be charged on profits, and that’s the fund manager’s compensation for providing a unique access to opportunities in the blockchain space that are otherwise not available to ordinary investors. For example, it is very difficult for an individual investor to get exposure to such companies as Bitfury, Xapo, Coinbase etc, and investing through BCAP gives you this opportunity. Please wait for the offering memorandum to learn about the exact mechanism of how the fees will be charged. There will be no dividends, as any profits will be reinvested into the fund, thus affecting NAV and hopefully token price in the aftermarket, as NAV will serve as a benchmark for it.

Thanks, Marina_T, for the response.

Follow up questions..

1) If there are no dividends, how will you collect the 2.5% fee?

2) Where does the other 75% of the profit go if the manager (Blockchain Capital) is taking 25%?  Is this the amount that is reinvested into the fund?

3) You say $50 million was already invested and the ICO will be $10million.  The investors during the ICO will receive a token (of value).  What do the investors in the $50 million "group" receive?  Do they get dividends or a stake in the company?  Do they get some of the 75% or the 25%? 

Thank you for your response in advance.  I'm just trying to understand the incentives for BC to allow the guppies to swim in the open ocean.  I get BC wants to "disrupt the industry", but nobody wants to do it unless they can make a buck or two...everybody's time is money.

-AJ

Hi AJ, welcome, please see below the response:

1) The 2.5% fee will be charged on net asset value of the fund, not on profits. It is 25% that will be charged on profits.

2) Exactly, the remaining 75% would be reinvested into the fund, so effectively it will be token holders getting the full benefit of it.

3) Total third fund of Blockchain Capital is expected to be $50m, so it is approx. $40m in the traditional fund and $10m in the ICO fund. The investors in the traditional fund will have a very similar exposure to the ICO investors, they will be limited partners in the fund. Their fund is separated from the ICO fund even though it is meant to be investing pari passu, so they pay their own fees and do not take anything from the ICO fund.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would recommend you to register at tokenhub.com on April 3, there you will be able to view the offering memorandum which will cover fees, fund structure and many other information in a lot more detail.

Thank you for all the correspondence thus far Marina. Let me ask you a reiteration of what I and another user had asked you guys in regard to performance fees specifically:

For comparative purposes, TaaS project claims they will return 50% of fund profits to equity holders quarterly, with a remaining 25% being reinvested into the fund again. Short of stating it directly, they seem to omit what happens to the remaining 25% of fund profits which I could only assume would go to the fund managers. Essentially equivalent to a performance fee unless I am told otherwise.

The rough conclusion I reach from that offering is that you can expect to take away 50% of quarterly gains on your initial investment. Hopefully boosted by whatever accretive gains come from a 25% fund reinvestment. Fine.

Based on your team's offering description, it would sound like you are only exacting the 25% performance fee on profits gained, with the remaining 75% going back to equity holders. Aside from  the 2.5% fee on initial equity purchase of course. Would this be correct or am I missing something?

In all, somewhat more appreciative of the fact that your team is at least disclosing performance fees in an up front fashion, instead of users having to request that a missing 25% be spelled out (TaaS). However, we still want a little more light shed on just what happens with the 75% of remaining profit.

Yes I would probably assume the same re 25% of TaaS profits.

In our case we only have 25% fee on the profits, and the 75% is reinvested into the fund so token holders get the full benefit of those.

To clarify, in addition to that there is 2.5% which is not on initial equity purchase, but rather an annual fee charged to fund's net assets to cover fund's ongoing expenses. Mainstreet for example had 5%.

I hope it answers your question? There will definitely more disclosure on that in the offering memorandum coming out on April 3.
kmb448

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:12:35 PM

Based on your team's offering description, it would sound like you are only exacting the 25% performance fee on profits gained, with the remaining 75% going back to equity holders. Aside from  the 2.5% fee on initial equity purchase of course. Would this be correct or am I missing something?

Yes I would probably assume the same re 25% of TaaS profits.

In our case we only have 25% fee on the profits, and the 75% is reinvested into the fund so token holders get the full benefit of those.

To clarify, in addition to that there is 2.5% which is not on initial equity purchase, but rather an annual fee charged to fund's net assets to cover fund's ongoing expenses. Mainstreet for example had 5%.

I hope it answers your question? There will definitely more disclosure on that in the offering memorandum coming out on April 3.

Yes that absolutely clarifies things. I also realized I'd missed the above response you gave to someone else, noting that the remaining 75% is reinvested to the fund. Makes sense. And thanks for further clarifying on the management fee. So it's a recurring annual expense on net assets. Okay.
ajhodge7

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:23:08 PM

Thank you Marina_T for your responses.  I look forward to see the April 3rd release.  Good luck to you guys.

AJ
MoveCrypto

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

move that crypto

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:29:48 PM

diversify yo bonds

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: