Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:27:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BCAP] THE FIRST DIGITAL LIQUID VENTURE FUND - BLOCKCHAIN CAPITAL FUND  (Read 48314 times)
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:44:14 PM

Interesting!What I understand is BCAP will manage investments in both crypto tokens and blockchain projects for BCAP token holders/Will token holders get dividend ?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypto_FreeMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:50:23 PM

Marina - why in terms of buyback the word - "may buy" and not "should buy".... What benefits now for investors? I think they "should" buy tokens if their Net Value is bigger then Token's MarketCap.

Waiting for Offering Memorandum.. Who soon it will be?
lumierre

Activity: 862

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 10:08:35 PM

Where will the BCAP tokens be built on? Ethereum?

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
cerejobastos

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:00:30 PM

tokens will be unlocked as soon as the ICO end, right?

kmb448

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:25:51 AM

Will the memorandum release come tonight? It's now 10:25PM Eastern Time. Fingers crossed!
Marina_T (OP)

Activity: 195

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 03:56:16 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2017, 04:16:33 AM by Marina_T

Dear all, thank you for your interest to the BCAP token offering.

Registration at TokenHub.com is now open and the Offering Memorandum can be viewed.

If you would like to participate in the offering, please make sure to register and go through the necessary verification required well in advance of the offering start on April 10th.

We expect very strong momentum once the book opens on April 10th which may mean we will reach the $10m cap very quickly and will have to scale back orders by partially refunding the participants. We will, however, be prioritising our early and, in the case of US accredited investors, significant followers.

In order for us to be able to track you, please make sure to fill in the expected investment size field once you register so we can prioritize you for the allocation.

If you have any problems or questions please do not hesitate to contact us at support@tokenhub.com or via Support Helpline on Telegram (https://t.me/bcap_bot).

Disclaimer: You should not rely on this thread as legal advice. It is designed for general informational purposes only, as a guide to certain of the conceptual considerations associated with the narrow issues it addresses. This thread provided “as is” with no representations, warranties or obligations to update, although we reserve the right to modify or change this  thread from time to time. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created, nor is this intended to be attorney advertising in any jurisdiction. This thread does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell securities. None of the information or analyses presented are intended to form the basis for any investment decision, and no specific recommendations are intended.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:40:12 AM

Can you give us examples of good companies in the blockchain technology sector that BCAP would hypothetically be investing in today if for instance you started operating 3 years ago? Im interested in knowing what youre looking for in terms of potential in a blockchain company and what kinds of technology youre interested in.
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:16:00 AM

Can you give us examples of good companies in the blockchain technology sector that BCAP would hypothetically be investing in today if for instance you started operating 3 years ago? Im interested in knowing what youre looking for in terms of potential in a blockchain company and what kinds of technology youre interested in.

Blockchain Capital actually started operating over 3 years ago, in 2013. This is their third fund. You can view the information about their existing portfolio at blockchaincapital.tokenhub.com or on their website blockchain.capital
movieplayer

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:46:46 AM

Registration at TokenHub.com is now open and the Offering Memorandum can be viewed.

If you would like to participate in the offering, please make sure to register and go through the necessary verification required well in advance of the offering start on April 10th.

We expect very strong momentum once the book opens on April 10th which may mean we will reach the $10m cap very quickly and will have to scale back orders by partially refunding the participants. We will, however, be prioritising our early and, in the case of US accredited investors, significant followers.

In order for us to be able to track you, please make sure to fill in the expected investment size field once you register so we can prioritize you for the allocation.

If you have any problems or questions please do not hesitate to contact us at support@tokenhub.com or via Support Helpline on Telegram (https://t.me/bcap_bot).

Disclaimer: You should not rely on this thread as legal advice. It is designed for general informational purposes only, as a guide to certain of the conceptual considerations associated with the narrow issues it addresses. This thread provided “as is” with no representations, warranties or obligations to update, although we reserve the right to modify or change this  thread from time to time. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is created, nor is this intended to be attorney advertising in any jurisdiction. This thread does not constitute an offer or solicitation to sell securities. None of the information or analyses presented are intended to form the basis for any investment decision, and no specific recommendations are intended.

I am a non-US investor. I registered at tokenhub and learnt that there is an option to pre-fund the account. How does it work? It is only meant for big investors? Btw, do I also need to go through the verification process if I invest more then USD 2k?
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:16:13 AM

If you are interested in prefunding your account please email support@tokenhub.com

Yes to the verification question.
tubehand

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 11:57:42 AM

This is really sad you guys.  Ground breaking industry is suppose to upset current regulator laws, and impose change in the environment.  The VC industry is very upset about the ICO.  It takes away their honey hole. These guys may be the leading investors in blockchain tech, but they will also be the leaders in building new block chain regulatory standards.  As they stand, they do not like the average man, or even the wealthy man, who chooses not to abide by old world legacy laws.  These guys are in the pocket of the SEC, building new regulatory standards for block chain environment.  DCG standards will only help the man at the top, and not the men trying to build their way into the top Echelon of society. They hate on the way non "kosher" way some ICO have gone.  This is a free market, as of now.  Kenyak economics,  and should remain as such.  An organic market ruled by the people.  Not ruled by the VC who eat steak dinners with the SEC and other regulatory boards.  Many projects have done just fine with the ICO standards.  Yes they were not "legacy" and perfect.  A learning curve is a must, and a set of ICO ethical standards should be adopted.  But to put those Standards into the wolves hands, who eat dinner with the SEC, and fund lobbyist to make regulation benefit their own agenda, that goes against everything the crypto world has tried to change.  WE all know, crypto must reach ethical standards, and regulatory standards;  But we don't need to do it the way DCG wants it done. 
orio

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 10:42:08 PM

Hello.
If I'd like to invest in BTC, why should I also go through Verification ?
tubehand

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:02:53 AM

ICO method has hurt the VC and angel investor industry.  it has threatened their one honey hole. Block chain capital works with regulators to form the new regulation that is comming. Just Remember that regulation hurts free market economy, and only benfits the top.  They want you to comply with verification because they fear audit by SEC and do not have balls to challenge current establishment like other projects have.  Instead of challenging the current establishment, they get in bed with, put their knee pads on, and eat steak dinners with them.  Which is applauding, it's better to go with the grain then against it when it comes to your business's. They act as though they are the sole source of block chain revoultion. When it reality these guys have just rode curtails of projects who were willing to pur their neck out and challenge the current paradigm and risk their own neck. The BCAP club has only rode in the sucesss of those who have sacraficed and changed industy, all while acting like they are the sole success of these startups. Such a shame, this is.
mia_houston

Activity: 1204
Merit: 539

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:33:56 AM

Find it on Cointelegraph  Wink

https://cointelegraph.com/news/10-mln-ico-blockchain-capital-outlines-terms-of-funding-round
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:53:24 AM

Thanks a lot, also see here:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/04/04/blockchain-capital-releases-offering-memorandum-10-million-digital-token-offering/
http://www.the-blockchain.com/2017/04/04/blockchain-capital-releases-offering-memorandum-10-million-digital-token-offering/
cc45

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:40:23 AM

Hi Marina,

Is the crowd-sale of tokens not on a first come first serve basis? Maybe I have misunderstood the above... It seems to suggest that you will give preference to large investors. As I plan to invest within the $2k-5k bracket, are my true investment chances practically null and void?
If so is that not in direct conflict of your core mission - 'Make the VC industry more transparent, democratic and accessible to individuals, not only institutions.'

Furthermore I did not come across the minimum investment within the memorandum, maybe you can clear that up for me?

FYI - I am an international investor so not affected by SEC regulation.

Thanks your help.
Reaper3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 02:39:40 PM

How will the per year 2.5% management fee be collected?  If I have 10 BCAPs how will the 2.5% be charged?  Is this taken from some sort of dividend that will be dispersed quarterly or yearly?  Also, is the management fee from profits or from assets under management?  It would seem it would only be charged on dividends...in that case what if no dividends?  Does the 2.5% management fee only apply in profitable years?  Would be nice to see a company put their money where their mouth is so to speak for once.  

I like the idea of a fund entering the crypto space, but the reasons to do so don't seem to jive.  Why not make it public in the traditional sense?  Why just an ICO.  Seems that Blockchain Capital (BC) needs an influx of money to invest(?)...and if BC is established shouldn't there be enough happy investors lined up to contribute more?  Let's be honest, the goal is not to let the little guy enter the VC market, we all only do things to make money (which I'm totally for! Don't get me wrong).  I'm just missing something here.  The real WHY is something I don't see here.  Almost feels like BC is piggybacking the success of ICOs to have an influx of cash to invest...

I don't mean to sound cynical here, just trying to understand.

hmm, interesting thoughts actually.
See an ICO allows them to create a token at a cost of next to nothing to give anon people.
This ONE act alone can save them in court. Having the traditional VC route, EVERYTHING goes by the SEC, if people lose out, there will be hell to pay.
Crypto ICOs offer lowest liability possible, as the legal requirements to "fulfill your obligations" to investors are nearly ZERO :/

Geez you almost made me change my mind mate, need to think more about this

Thank you, you are raising some very valid points.

1. This ICO will be one the first ICOs to be compliant with US securities laws, so actually Blockchain Capital makes a very significant step to be compliant and regulated. Fund’s net asset value (NAV) will also be regularly reported. The offering memorandum in compliance with Regulation D and Regulation S of US Securities laws is expected to be published on April 3rd.

2. Only a relatively small portion of Blockchain Capital’s third fund is raised via an ICO. If you read the some of the news articles below the target for the fund overall is $50m, with only $10m coming from the ICO. So the bigger portion of funds is targeted to come from traditional limited partner route. ICO is the way for Blockchain Capital to practice what they preach and disrupt their own industry.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-blockchain-funding-idUKKBN16N1Z8
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/03/16/want-to-be-a-vc-this-firm-is-making-it-possible-for-everyday-people/#64f598397b70

3. The fees are in line with industry standards for VC funds. 2.5% management fee will be charged regardless of profits. 25% performance fee will be charged on profits, and that’s the fund manager’s compensation for providing a unique access to opportunities in the blockchain space that are otherwise not available to ordinary investors. For example, it is very difficult for an individual investor to get exposure to such companies as Bitfury, Xapo, Coinbase etc, and investing through BCAP gives you this opportunity. Please wait for the offering memorandum to learn about the exact mechanism of how the fees will be charged. There will be no dividends, as any profits will be reinvested into the fund, thus affecting NAV and hopefully token price in the aftermarket, as NAV will serve as a benchmark for it.

Thanks, Marina_T, for the response.

Follow up questions..

1) If there are no dividends, how will you collect the 2.5% fee?

2) Where does the other 75% of the profit go if the manager (Blockchain Capital) is taking 25%?  Is this the amount that is reinvested into the fund?

3) You say $50 million was already invested and the ICO will be $10million.  The investors during the ICO will receive a token (of value).  What do the investors in the $50 million "group" receive?  Do they get dividends or a stake in the company?  Do they get some of the 75% or the 25%? 

Thank you for your response in advance.  I'm just trying to understand the incentives for BC to allow the guppies to swim in the open ocean.  I get BC wants to "disrupt the industry", but nobody wants to do it unless they can make a buck or two...everybody's time is money.

-AJ

Please answer these questions

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:04:14 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:13:55 AM by mprep

How will the per year 2.5% management fee be collected?  If I have 10 BCAPs how will the 2.5% be charged?  Is this taken from some sort of dividend that will be dispersed quarterly or yearly?  Also, is the management fee from profits or from assets under management?  It would seem it would only be charged on dividends...in that case what if no dividends?  Does the 2.5% management fee only apply in profitable years?  Would be nice to see a company put their money where their mouth is so to speak for once. 

I like the idea of a fund entering the crypto space, but the reasons to do so don't seem to jive.  Why not make it public in the traditional sense?  Why just an ICO.  Seems that Blockchain Capital (BC) needs an influx of money to invest(?)...and if BC is established shouldn't there be enough happy investors lined up to contribute more?  Let's be honest, the goal is not to let the little guy enter the VC market, we all only do things to make money (which I'm totally for! Don't get me wrong).  I'm just missing something here.  The real WHY is something I don't see here.  Almost feels like BC is piggybacking the success of ICOs to have an influx of cash to invest...

I don't mean to sound cynical here, just trying to understand.

hmm, interesting thoughts actually.
See an ICO allows them to create a token at a cost of next to nothing to give anon people.
This ONE act alone can save them in court. Having the traditional VC route, EVERYTHING goes by the SEC, if people lose out, there will be hell to pay.
Crypto ICOs offer lowest liability possible, as the legal requirements to "fulfill your obligations" to investors are nearly ZERO :/

Geez you almost made me change my mind mate, need to think more about this

Thank you, you are raising some very valid points.

1. This ICO will be one the first ICOs to be compliant with US securities laws, so actually Blockchain Capital makes a very significant step to be compliant and regulated. Fund’s net asset value (NAV) will also be regularly reported. The offering memorandum in compliance with Regulation D and Regulation S of US Securities laws is expected to be published on April 3rd.

2. Only a relatively small portion of Blockchain Capital’s third fund is raised via an ICO. If you read the some of the news articles below the target for the fund overall is $50m, with only $10m coming from the ICO. So the bigger portion of funds is targeted to come from traditional limited partner route. ICO is the way for Blockchain Capital to practice what they preach and disrupt their own industry.
http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-usa-blockchain-funding-idUKKBN16N1Z8
https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2017/03/16/want-to-be-a-vc-this-firm-is-making-it-possible-for-everyday-people/#64f598397b70

3. The fees are in line with industry standards for VC funds. 2.5% management fee will be charged regardless of profits. 25% performance fee will be charged on profits, and that’s the fund manager’s compensation for providing a unique access to opportunities in the blockchain space that are otherwise not available to ordinary investors. For example, it is very difficult for an individual investor to get exposure to such companies as Bitfury, Xapo, Coinbase etc, and investing through BCAP gives you this opportunity. Please wait for the offering memorandum to learn about the exact mechanism of how the fees will be charged. There will be no dividends, as any profits will be reinvested into the fund, thus affecting NAV and hopefully token price in the aftermarket, as NAV will serve as a benchmark for it.

Thanks, Marina_T, for the response.

Follow up questions..

1) If there are no dividends, how will you collect the 2.5% fee?

2) Where does the other 75% of the profit go if the manager (Blockchain Capital) is taking 25%?  Is this the amount that is reinvested into the fund?

3) You say $50 million was already invested and the ICO will be $10million.  The investors during the ICO will receive a token (of value).  What do the investors in the $50 million "group" receive?  Do they get dividends or a stake in the company?  Do they get some of the 75% or the 25%? 

Thank you for your response in advance.  I'm just trying to understand the incentives for BC to allow the guppies to swim in the open ocean.  I get BC wants to "disrupt the industry", but nobody wants to do it unless they can make a buck or two...everybody's time is money.

-AJ

Please answer these questions

For the majority of questions I have to refer you to the Offering Memorandum which is available at tokenhub.com upon registration. It convers these questions in detail.

3) The investors in a traditional fund become fund's limited partners.

Hi Marina,

Is the crowd-sale of tokens not on a first come first serve basis? Maybe I have misunderstood the above... It seems to suggest that you will give preference to large investors. As I plan to invest within the $2k-5k bracket, are my true investment chances practically null and void?
If so is that not in direct conflict of your core mission - 'Make the VC industry more transparent, democratic and accessible to individuals, not only institutions.'

Furthermore I did not come across the minimum investment within the memorandum, maybe you can clear that up for me?

FYI - I am an international investor so not affected by SEC regulation.

Thanks your help.

There is no minimum investment. It is for US accredited investors that we have to prioritize larger orders given the need to limit those to 99.
Marina_T (OP)

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:23:18 AM

Report on Blockchain Capital token offering by Smith & Crown: https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/blockchain-capital/
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 05:34:41 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 01:14:10 AM by mprep

Why Marina_T and not Marina_K as in https://www.linkedin.com/in/marina-khaustova-1aa2a756/?

FWIW, I stumbled upon this thread while researching https://twitter.com/gigawatt_mining/status/838537317329465344

Oh, and have https://twitter.com/neotopus/ fix the https://adtoapp.com/ site. It's currently unsecured. I suggest dipping into its $6M coffer to rectify the problem: https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/255473/adtoapp-uses-new-monies-to-enhance-team-pay-publi.html

One more question. Does Nick Evdokimov go by Nick, Nicholas or Nikolay - as in Nikolay Evdokimov - on Thursdays?

Name:   cryptonomos
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   December 20, 2016, 10:37:38 AM
Last Active:   April 04, 2017, 11:39:08 AM
MSN:   
YIM:   
Email:   vlad@cryptonomos.com
Current Status:

Tell Vlad I said hi: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vlad-shchetinin-68483176/

I'm just gonna leave this here: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/itech-capital#/entity

Report on Blockchain Capital token offering by Smith & Crown: https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/blockchain-capital/

https://www.smithandcrown.com/sale/blockchain-capital/

Who are the project’s competitors?

Two projects are attempting to collateralize shares in a private equity fund: ICONOMI and Taas.

Seriously, how did you forget about https://cryptonomos.com/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: