Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get 5 free bitcoins from freebitcoins.appspot.com  (Read 63921 times)
angelus359

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:55:27 PM

Even if they gave away a bitcent, it'd be cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:07:46 PM

Even if they gave away a bitcent, it'd be cool

Check out for free bitcoin sites. There are plenty of them.
i.e. http://dailybitcoins.org/

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Gavin Andresen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 11:36:09 PM
Merited by BayAreaCoins (5)

No, I don't have time to clean up the code, port it to the latest AppEngine API, etc.

The Faucet was the simplest possible project I could think of to get my feet wet with Bitcoin; the hard part is preventing cheaters who try to get more than their fair share, and I was never able to come up with a really good solution (that is tied into the whole identity-on-the-Internet thing, which nobody has solved).

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
rafsoaken

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:44:38 PM

No, I don't have time to clean up the code, port it to the latest AppEngine API, etc.

The Faucet was the simplest possible project I could think of to get my feet wet with Bitcoin; the hard part is preventing cheaters who try to get more than their fair share, and I was never able to come up with a really good solution (that is tied into the whole identity-on-the-Internet thing, which nobody has solved).

Maybe you could come up with some kind of "proof of work" scheme to give a fair share of BTC out to everyone Wink ?

Edit: Ha, was supposed to be a funny comment, but could actually work. Just make a faucet coin client using a proof-of-work scheme a la Yacoin (scrypt targeted to CPUs) and then trade these tokens for faucet bitcoins. It still depends on the number/power of CPUs you have, but would somewhat alleviate the IP/idententity problems..
Its like trying to turn the clock back a little bit when bitcoins could be mined without ASCIC/GPUs.

haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:52:02 PM

Showing the number of Bitcoins available is on my TODO list.  I just checked and the balance is up to 1,135 (thanks to whoever donated!).

And right now it is 5 bitcoins per IP address (not bitcoin address).  Not per-day-- just 5.  I want to start out conservatively, I will loosen it to 5 per (day?/week?/month?) if people start having lots of trouble because they get a dynamic IP address from their ISP that already got some.

RE: captchas:  yeah, I was gonna start out with a captcha, but I wanted it to be as simple and non-threatening as possible.  I don't think anybody who has access to hundreds or thousands of working public IP addresses would go to the effort of writing a bitcoin-harvesting robot, though I suppose somebody with a botnet might take a crack at it.  To make that tougher I could make it 5 bitcoins per IP AND 5 bitcoins per bitcoin address (so they couldn't have all the bots in the botnet using the same BC address).

good morning G!

~is the "giveaway" still on bud? If i could get 5BTC my attitude about the bitcoin world would change dramatically! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!! I PROMISE TO MAKE MIRACLES HAPPEN!!

>> FROM CALIFORNIA TO WESTERN MASS!!!!

Grin

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!*

,YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE"

my addy >>

1P2X7ovco8yaiq238AFLC7qRfCfhsuKkNG

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:26:36 PM

Showing the number of Bitcoins available is on my TODO list.  I just checked and the balance is up to 1,135 (thanks to whoever donated!).

And right now it is 5 bitcoins per IP address (not bitcoin address).  Not per-day-- just 5.  I want to start out conservatively, I will loosen it to 5 per (day?/week?/month?) if people start having lots of trouble because they get a dynamic IP address from their ISP that already got some.

RE: captchas:  yeah, I was gonna start out with a captcha, but I wanted it to be as simple and non-threatening as possible.  I don't think anybody who has access to hundreds or thousands of working public IP addresses would go to the effort of writing a bitcoin-harvesting robot, though I suppose somebody with a botnet might take a crack at it.  To make that tougher I could make it 5 bitcoins per IP AND 5 bitcoins per bitcoin address (so they couldn't have all the bots in the botnet using the same BC address).

good morning G!

~is the "giveaway" still on bud? If i could get 5BTC my attitude about the bitcoin world would change dramatically! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!! I PROMISE TO MAKE MIRACLES HAPPEN!!

Grin

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!*

,YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!

my addy >>

Please do not revive this ancient thread.
This was when bitcoins were cents each , now there are 200+ each.

Would any mod please move to archival or lock ?

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:02:56 PM

haha, seriously. I wish I was in Bitcoin that far back. Roll Eyes

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 05:11:02 PM

haha, seriously. I wish I was in Bitcoin that far back. Roll Eyes
me too

haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:49:30 PM

good morning G!

Grin

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!*

,YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!

my addy >>

you don't "get it" do you?  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: