Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:49:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Get 5 free bitcoins from freebitcoins.appspot.com  (Read 63920 times)
angelus359

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:55:27 PM

Even if they gave away a bitcent, it'd be cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Bitcoin Catalog

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

The Bitcoin Catalog ---> Get Started!

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 07:07:46 PM

Even if they gave away a bitcent, it'd be cool

Check out for free bitcoin sites. There are plenty of them.
i.e. http://dailybitcoins.org/

The Bitcoin Catalog: Second edition coming out in November! Click here for a  FREE pdf catalog!
Follow us on twitter! @BTCcatalog
Gavin Andresen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216

Chief Scientist

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 11:36:09 PM
Merited by BayAreaCoins (5)

No, I don't have time to clean up the code, port it to the latest AppEngine API, etc.

The Faucet was the simplest possible project I could think of to get my feet wet with Bitcoin; the hard part is preventing cheaters who try to get more than their fair share, and I was never able to come up with a really good solution (that is tied into the whole identity-on-the-Internet thing, which nobody has solved).

How often do you get the chance to work on a potentially world-changing project?
rafsoaken

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:44:38 PM

No, I don't have time to clean up the code, port it to the latest AppEngine API, etc.

The Faucet was the simplest possible project I could think of to get my feet wet with Bitcoin; the hard part is preventing cheaters who try to get more than their fair share, and I was never able to come up with a really good solution (that is tied into the whole identity-on-the-Internet thing, which nobody has solved).

Maybe you could come up with some kind of "proof of work" scheme to give a fair share of BTC out to everyone Wink ?

Edit: Ha, was supposed to be a funny comment, but could actually work. Just make a faucet coin client using a proof-of-work scheme a la Yacoin (scrypt targeted to CPUs) and then trade these tokens for faucet bitcoins. It still depends on the number/power of CPUs you have, but would somewhat alleviate the IP/idententity problems..
Its like trying to turn the clock back a little bit when bitcoins could be mined without ASCIC/GPUs.

haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:52:02 PM

Showing the number of Bitcoins available is on my TODO list.  I just checked and the balance is up to 1,135 (thanks to whoever donated!).

And right now it is 5 bitcoins per IP address (not bitcoin address).  Not per-day-- just 5.  I want to start out conservatively, I will loosen it to 5 per (day?/week?/month?) if people start having lots of trouble because they get a dynamic IP address from their ISP that already got some.

RE: captchas:  yeah, I was gonna start out with a captcha, but I wanted it to be as simple and non-threatening as possible.  I don't think anybody who has access to hundreds or thousands of working public IP addresses would go to the effort of writing a bitcoin-harvesting robot, though I suppose somebody with a botnet might take a crack at it.  To make that tougher I could make it 5 bitcoins per IP AND 5 bitcoins per bitcoin address (so they couldn't have all the bots in the botnet using the same BC address).

good morning G!

~is the "giveaway" still on bud? If i could get 5BTC my attitude about the bitcoin world would change dramatically! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!! I PROMISE TO MAKE MIRACLES HAPPEN!!

>> FROM CALIFORNIA TO WESTERN MASS!!!!

Grin

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!*

,YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LOVE"

my addy >>

1P2X7ovco8yaiq238AFLC7qRfCfhsuKkNG

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:26:36 PM

Showing the number of Bitcoins available is on my TODO list.  I just checked and the balance is up to 1,135 (thanks to whoever donated!).

And right now it is 5 bitcoins per IP address (not bitcoin address).  Not per-day-- just 5.  I want to start out conservatively, I will loosen it to 5 per (day?/week?/month?) if people start having lots of trouble because they get a dynamic IP address from their ISP that already got some.

RE: captchas:  yeah, I was gonna start out with a captcha, but I wanted it to be as simple and non-threatening as possible.  I don't think anybody who has access to hundreds or thousands of working public IP addresses would go to the effort of writing a bitcoin-harvesting robot, though I suppose somebody with a botnet might take a crack at it.  To make that tougher I could make it 5 bitcoins per IP AND 5 bitcoins per bitcoin address (so they couldn't have all the bots in the botnet using the same BC address).

good morning G!

~is the "giveaway" still on bud? If i could get 5BTC my attitude about the bitcoin world would change dramatically! HELP ME!!! PLEASE!!! I PROMISE TO MAKE MIRACLES HAPPEN!!

Grin

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!*

,YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!

my addy >>

Please do not revive this ancient thread.
This was when bitcoins were cents each , now there are 200+ each.

Would any mod please move to archival or lock ?

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:02:56 PM

haha, seriously. I wish I was in Bitcoin that far back. Roll Eyes

uk1
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 05:11:02 PM

haha, seriously. I wish I was in Bitcoin that far back. Roll Eyes
me too

haightst

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:49:30 PM

good morning G!

Grin

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!*

,YOUR FRIEND FOR LIFE!!!

my addy >>

you don't "get it" do you?  Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: