Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:29:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex = Scam exchange beware.  (Read 41213 times)
aesma

Activity: 2394
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 09:19:41 AM

It's back now. Looking at the charts the outage lasted about an hour. No info yet on what happened.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:30:57 PM

With all these rumors about poloniex i decieded  to withdraw my balance.
About 5 minutes after email confirmation, i received my coins.
I don't understand why the people keeps says that poloniex is scam exchanger but i have made couples withdrawal was succesfull
i think the problem on the kinds of altcoins be withdrawal not on poloniex service, i have made withdrawal ethereum classic was succesfull and also with bitcoins too, we must check the network of altcoins that be withdrawal before complaint on here.

This is becoming normal every now and then in last few days i read here that user are scammed from poloniex. And in most cases its BTC balance on some cases there are some other coins but most in bitcoin. Dont know what is happening to them but this is not good for many who have coins there. Still its 1 to 10000 users that have issues but again its not good for business.

No doubt, in every thread i read about polo, 90% of users are getting these accusations serious and removing their coins from there.
Wish them can solve these problems, otherwise, we can start to worry about the future of this exchange

I don't think they are purposely trying to steal from people but the problems are definitely going to lead people to other exchanges, bittrex seems to be gaining more and more volume every day.

The weird thing about that is Polo is registered and the owner is known and is liable if something happens to the exchange so he has ZERO incentive to exit scam and all the reasons in the world to continue to keep his massive userbase. Bittrex on the other hand does not have margin so it is a no-go for many traders. I'm trying to deal with krakon again right now but their interface is literally fucking SHIT!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:36:56 PM

You guys are scaring me, and I feel unconformable, I need to withdraw some of my balance in poloniex and I'm not sure in what coin should I withdraw, which coin does not need the "approval" and is almost instant or fast? Withdrawing in bitcoins can be instant or not?

In Polo there is either 2K or 25 k daily withdraw limit. So if you have a lot of money there, it will take a long time to get them out.

ALso Polo is trading platform.. not wallet. Wallets are much more secure for hackers etc..
so you want to keep all of your long term investments in wallets.. and keep only your trading capital in Polo.

I know about the limits and withdrawing a large amount of money for example 10-15k worth in USD then it may take a week to get them out, not only we should wait but we have to pay fees for each transaction which both of them sucks. We should not consider poloniex and any other exchange like a wallet because these are getting hacked "easily" and so "often".
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:05:32 PM

You guys are scaring me, and I feel unconformable, I need to withdraw some of my balance in poloniex and I'm not sure in what coin should I withdraw, which coin does not need the "approval" and is almost instant or fast? Withdrawing in bitcoins can be instant or not?

In Polo there is either 2K or 25 k daily withdraw limit. So if you have a lot of money there, it will take a long time to get them out.

ALso Polo is trading platform.. not wallet. Wallets are much more secure for hackers etc..
so you want to keep all of your long term investments in wallets.. and keep only your trading capital in Polo.

I know about the limits and withdrawing a large amount of money for example 10-15k worth in USD then it may take a week to get them out, not only we should wait but we have to pay fees for each transaction which both of them sucks. We should not consider poloniex and any other exchange like a wallet because these are getting hacked "easily" and so "often".

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP SPREADING THIS FUD!!!

Polo Got Hacked ONCE!!!  Years Ago. It does not keep getting hacked like people keep repeating.  If someone that hasn't changed their password from that hack years ago gets their account Hijacked then it's on them not polo. Polo notified EVERYONE when they were hacked IMMEDIATELY and completely made EVERYONE WHOLE!!!  Please tell me another exchange that has done that???

AFA not using your account for a wallet that goes without saying but if you trade you have no choice but to leave funds on an exchange, only non traders would think otherwise.

Getting your account Hijacked IS NOT A HACK OF AN EXCHANGE, Get that through your thick skulls people.

BTW n691309 I just quoted you because of your loose wording which continues to support the fudders even if incidentally. Wink

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
jennywhzz

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 06:54:42 PM

I don't understand why the people keeps says that poloniex is scam exchanger but i have made couples withdrawal was succesfull
i think the problem on the kinds of altcoins be withdrawal not on poloniex service, i have made withdrawal ethereum classic was succesfull and also with bitcoins too, we must check the network of altcoins that be withdrawal before complaint on here.

This is becoming normal every now and then in last few days i read here that user are scammed from poloniex. And in most cases its BTC balance on some cases there are some other coins but most in bitcoin. Dont know what is happening to them but this is not good for many who have coins there. Still its 1 to 10000 users that have issues but again its not good for business.

No doubt, in every thread i read about polo, 90% of users are getting these accusations serious and removing their coins from there.
Wish them can solve these problems, otherwise, we can start to worry about the future of this exchange

I don't think they are purposely trying to steal from people but the problems are definitely going to lead people to other exchanges, bittrex seems to be gaining more and more volume every day.

The weird thing about that is Polo is registered and the owner is known and is liable if something happens to the exchange so he has ZERO incentive to exit scam and all the reasons in the world to continue to keep his massive userbase. Bittrex on the other hand does not have margin so it is a no-go for many traders. I'm trying to deal with krakon again right now but their interface is literally fucking SHIT!

Do you guys really think that they are going to put that income in jepardy to steal $1000 from people. They are already earning a lot through exchange fee as poloniex is the biggest exchange currently.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 11:37:13 PM

Do you guys really think that they are going to put that income in jepardy to steal $1000 from people. They are already earning a lot through exchange fee as poloniex is the biggest exchange currently.

Not sure why you quoted me on that as I certainly don't think so as I've clearly stated in the bolded and underlined part.

jamesweb6

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 05:48:55 AM

they answered ticket way after me, they stole my 1.83 bitcoin and fuck offf

sad news for them im a crazy motherfucker

heres the face of the thief we need to catch   https://www.linkedin.com/in/tristandagosta

Lets start the hunt fellows
head.arrow

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

CareerXon - PRESALE ON 4TH NOV 50% BONUS

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 08:17:47 AM

no they are not scam exchange
they are just slow because of load

TrissMerigold

Activity: 84

Bitrated user: Olysikes1. Authenticate

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2017, 08:24:19 AM

Beware of Poloniex,

They use bots to pump and dump coins and ponzi schemes,  at the moment the exchange is pumping DASH which is a ponzi scheme,  they create these big pumps, attract investors who short them, them keep them stuck for weeks.  If you dont know Poloniex is designed to suck in investors, use bots to create fake volume.

i use poloniex many times but not always , but i had no problem with them yeah i trust you if you say its a ponzi scheme even tho its a bit ridiculous , oh yeah also i saw 1 thread that the guy who make thread caught poloniex bot on chat box and make a ridiculous pump , its make sense how poloniex slowly lost their customer back in february i guess

jeanjean15

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 04:30:57 AM

Hi .

My poloniex account ( without 2FA ) has been hacked recently and all my coins are on " withdrawal awaiting " status because the hacker wanted to send my coins on his own wallet .

Do you know if i will recover my coins ?

Indeed , it should be easy for poloniex to cancel this order because it has not been authorized by me .

With this aim in view , i opened a ticket but i still have no answer since two days .

If anybody had the same troubles , please tell me what could happen .

Thanks in advance .
morozow777

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:37:09 PM

Support answered to me after 3 weeks:

"Dear Pavel,

Please be advised that Poloniex is not a web wallet or address changing service. When a customer deposits funds to their Poloniex account we assume they do so to trade on our platform. Continued use of your Poloniex account to deposit and withdraw funds without trading could lead to freezes and possible account closure.

There are a variety of other solutions for storing your coins. Check out local wallets or web wallets designed for handling such operations.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Javan Green
Poloniex Support"

They don't withdraw my money. Just get back my 1 ETH on my Poloniex account. ((
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:33:56 AM

i have ticketd opened for 25 days , THEY     stole 1.83 bitcoin from my wallet and a little bit more, i ask multiple time to get a refund but THEY fuckn ignore me

ILL  PAY 50 K FOR TRISTAN DAGOTA IN ANY CONDITION
ILL PAY 25 K TO ANYONE THAT BRING ME POLONIEX EMPLOYEES IN ANY CONDITION

we are not in the wild-west bro, calm down.
jamesweb6

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:08:09 AM

no, we are not in a wild wild west but its what need to happen as those guys will fuck us all, and im going forwarrd with it, the money they stole cause me all kind of problem and if they dont refund like yesterdfay, they dont give me any choice
flekkelek

Activity: 644
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:14:35 AM

no, we are not in a wild wild west but its what need to happen as those guys will fuck us all, and im going forwarrd with it, the money they stole cause me all kind of problem and if they dont refund like yesterdfay, they dont give me any choice
wait a minute. Loss of 4K can cause you problems, but you can provide 50K anytime to anyone who kills the head of polo? It just doesn't make sense to me.
espante

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:18:34 AM

They seem to be taking 2-4 weeks to answer support tickets, instead of going in a frenzy how about you wait for them to get to you.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:28:19 PM

i have ticketd opened for 25 days , THEY     stole 1.83 bitcoin from my wallet and a little bit more, i ask multiple time to get a refund but THEY fuckn ignore me

Instead of making wild threats, contact the police. Then contact poloniex to advise them that you have made an official report to the police.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 01:24:21 AM

Just curious did you deposit funds straight from the dark web market to p0loniex  Grin .Dont have to answer that by the way Cheesy  but they have ways of spotting this and i guessing there asking you for your ID and where u got the funds from .

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 10:50:29 AM

Poloniex had issues with their SC wallet a month and a half ago... just as I transferred 2000 coins. They never showed up on the wallet (transaction is perfectly logged on the blockchain though). 3 (unanswered) tickets and almost 2 months later, still nothing.

These guys are fucking thieves in my book. I haven't traded with them since.
jamesweb6

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:31:09 PM

funds where coming from bitstamp, and the coin on bitstamp were bought with a wire transfer from my bank account , i had an answer from them 4 days ago telling me they are forwarding to an agent to look for missing funds . Again it take 5 min to see they took it, i actually had more problem then i thought with this situation, it even hit my credit big time , i still dont have my money and im thinking we should all get a major lawsuit like kraken , even mtgox dood is having charge . Violence might make them understand but will cost way more then 50-100 k as already some people contacted me for this but we can all get together and make a lawsuit against them

what do you guys think about it ?
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 03:11:16 AM

Support answered to me after 3 weeks:

"Dear Pavel,

Please be advised that Poloniex is not a web wallet or address changing service. When a customer deposits funds to their Poloniex account we assume they do so to trade on our platform. Continued use of your Poloniex account to deposit and withdraw funds without trading could lead to freezes and possible account closure.

There are a variety of other solutions for storing your coins. Check out local wallets or web wallets designed for handling such operations.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Sincerely,
Javan Green
Poloniex Support"

They don't withdraw my money. Just get back my 1 ETH on my Poloniex account. ((
I didnt even read that on their ToS that using them as a wallet would really blocked your account. They do have a point and they have the rights but they should really announce it or make it clear into their potential users because it cant really be avoided on some people that they would use an exchanged for the sake on depositing and withdrawing funds. Just like what i did on coinbase until now i didnt experience any problems on it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███