Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:21:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex = Scam exchange beware.  (Read 41214 times)
masterf1

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:51:39 PM

I deposited 0.5 btc to poloniex for exchange to VIA
Right now i have over 1000+ VIA Withdrawal in poloniex and 0 in my VIA wallet "There are no transactions involving this address."
Also i have 2 fake Txid from Polo "No matching records found!"
Ticket was created 30+ hours ago, no answer from support at this moment.

BEWARE!
dhas

Activity: 168
Merit: 120

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:56:54 PM

Poloniex is one of the oldest exchange in crypto currency, I can't remember that I got any problem to this exchange. because since I started I can't experience problem regarding deposits and withdrawals. Maybe it was happen due to volume of transactions in bitcoin community trafficking in blockchain happen again
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:49:20 AM

Poloniex is one of the oldest exchange in crypto currency, I can't remember that I got any problem to this exchange. because since I started I can't experience problem regarding deposits and withdrawals. Maybe it was happen due to volume of transactions in bitcoin community trafficking in blockchain happen again

same here , i also used polo for a verry long time ever since i known crypto trading. Polo is my verry first exchange and so far i dont have any bad experience to them regarding in deposit and widthrawals although their costumer support is sometimes delayed or kinda bit late whenever i have a concern and questions regarding on some stuffs. But overall polo is pretty legit and secure exchange up until now.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:18:38 AM

I deposited 0.5 btc to poloniex for exchange to VIA
Right now i have over 1000+ VIA Withdrawal in poloniex and 0 in my VIA wallet "There are no transactions involving this address."
Also i have 2 fake Txid from Polo "No matching records found!"
Ticket was created 30+ hours ago, no answer from support at this moment.

BEWARE!

Several users of the Viacoin Telegram group had the same issue. Today a few members posted that their deposits/withdrawals are starting to show up (with a new txid). It is likely that your issue will also be fixed. Poloniex usually resolves their issues without replying to tickets.
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:51:03 AM

I stopped using them from moment they changed their terms of service in august to pretty much what ever happens its not our fault and you cant sue us(or start a class act).Still remeber having to wait for more then a month for eth deposits and having 0 help from them
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4937

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:59:42 PM

I stopped using them from moment they changed their terms of service in august to pretty much what ever happens its not our fault and you cant sue us(or start a class act).Still remeber having to wait for more then a month for eth deposits and having 0 help from them

Be aware that that change in those terms of service do not protect them from any liability all it does is make people that don't know otherwise think they can't sue them. All your rights still exist and they are still responsible for any and all security fraud actions they process.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ron1103

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:28:08 PM

I had a significantly large quantity of bitcoin on deposit at Poloniex and they handled my account very professionally. I was extremely happy with their service and their exchange software works great. I have not seen any evidence that they are a "scam exchange." Quite the opposite, they look incredibly solid.

I deposited $400 worth of Sia Coin to Poloniex. I never got it into my account. I opened a support ticket, telling them the Transaction id and reporting it's visible on the blockchain. It is now 3 days later, and still do not have my coins or a response on the ticket. As far as I'm concerned, they're a scam. Until I get a resolution to this issue, I consider them a scam.
IGCGamers

Activity: 555
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 11:46:49 PM

i am using poloniex since last one year and i never had any issues with them.
asexypotato

Activity: 48
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:24:05 AM

I never had any issues...thats for sure.
ron1103

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:16:00 PM

I had a significantly large quantity of bitcoin on deposit at Poloniex and they handled my account very professionally. I was extremely happy with their service and their exchange software works great. I have not seen any evidence that they are a "scam exchange." Quite the opposite, they look incredibly solid.

I deposited $400 worth of Sia Coin to Poloniex. I never got it into my account. I opened a support ticket, telling them the Transaction id and reporting it's visible on the blockchain. It is now 3 days later, and still do not have my coins or a response on the ticket. As far as I'm concerned, they're a scam. Until I get a resolution to this issue, I consider them a scam.

Update: It is now almost a week later, I have added response to my ticket. Still nothing from Poloniex, and my balance is still at 0. Definitely a scam.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:08:51 PM

Poloniex is one of the Biggest exchange out there for trading, for Poloniex i never faced any problems in terms of deposits and withdrawals. Previous there are many complaints about the withdrawal problems but I think they are recovering the solution for people problems.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:31:54 PM

although many people stop to use poloniex for doing trading, I still use them to trade and I think I can earn a good profit with many of altcoin in that site. besides that, I think the coin still has a good chance to increase back. and until now, I don't have any problem with them and if I've got a problem, I just send a ticket to them and it will complete after few days. I think I will suggest to every people to verify their account to level 3 so they don't have any problem with withdrawal and deposit.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
blackmagical

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:44:48 PM

I don'n ever have any issue with poloniex yet. so, what is the issue of you?
xrpdavid

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:39:39 PM

I personally don't use poloniex but I think it's a pretty big and fine exchange that many people use right? I realise this post is very old but is/can it really be a 'scam' exchange?

oli123

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:44:31 PM

The world of bitcoin stock exchanges is a wild west, and Poloniex is also struggling with negative reviews. However, there are many regular users and supporters who trust the stock market. You will not lose money with Poloniex, but you need to read them properly to keep you from surprise.
I had no problem yet, and all the transactions went as they had to. For low fees, Poloniex is still a used currency exchange for me.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4937

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:16:33 PM

I don'n ever have any issue with poloniex yet. so, what is the issue of you?

So your sample size of ONE makes you think that no-one else is having issues and everyone is on a fud campaign?

I personally don't use poloniex but I think it's a pretty big and fine exchange that many people use right? I realise this post is very old but is/can it really be a 'scam' exchange?

Scammy behavior on selective accounts it looks like, I personally think they think they can rip off unverified accounts because most of those don't want to KYC which they are making mandatory. If they get the coins from even half of those accounts they are seeing a great payday.

The world of bitcoin stock exchanges is a wild west, and Poloniex is also struggling with negative reviews. However, there are many regular users and supporters who trust the stock market. You will not lose money with Poloniex, but you need to read them properly to keep you from surprise.
I had no problem yet, and all the transactions went as they had to. For low fees, Poloniex is still a used currency exchange for me.

There is no doubt in my mind they are manipulating the margin order book.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
ascakan

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:38:34 PM

i had never problem there for a year and i am day trader while sniffing arbitrage only but today i got hooked with my all money stuck in their wallets ( NEM XEM ) i know my balance will show evendually but the problem here if it solved after there is a big dump ... there is no right for asking but we are all know their support is sucks... i dunno how much day i have to wait and what will be to my account balance ... 100k to 10k or 1M ... its a real strungle here without any clue
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:14:31 AM

i had never problem there for a year and i am day trader while sniffing arbitrage only but today i got hooked with my all money stuck in their wallets ( NEM XEM ) i know my balance will show evendually but the problem here if it solved after there is a big dump ... there is no right for asking but we are all know their support is sucks... i dunno how much day i have to wait and what will be to my account balance ... 100k to 10k or 1M ... its a real strungle here without any clue

i thought yobit is also the one who has a bad exchange? but i think hes not alone because there were also complaints about poloniex. ive never used polo before but i think polo isnt a scam or a bad exchange because majority of the reviews i heard about it is verry good. polo is a good and popular exchange and he is also the number one competitor of bittrex. so overall , i would disagree to the statement above that says polo is a scam.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 01:13:19 PM

i thought yobit is also the one who has a bad exchange? but i think hes not alone because there were also complaints about poloniex. ive never used polo before but i think polo isnt a scam or a bad exchange because majority of the reviews i heard about it is verry good. polo is a good and popular exchange and he is also the number one competitor of bittrex. so overall , i would disagree to the statement above that says polo is a scam.

Sometimes people get surprised when I tell them that polo was the number one exchange back then. Who would've thought that they would end up as a shady site and garbage now? I'm just glad that I withdraw my coins a long time ago so they can't prevent me from doing it sooner.
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:06:46 PM

I never had a problem with Poloniex although they did have some glitches before with their site. And I think most traders know every exchange site has some schemes for their site to make money. But with Poloniex, I think there were a lot of good traders who pulled out their investment with this site, it was because it became worse when the trollbox was taken out and a lot of issues occured but not ponzi schemes.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀