Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:54:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Dogecoin have a future?  (Read 54519 times)
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 06:45:35 PM

To be fair, Dogecoin is one of the oldest altcoins around (although not as old as Litecoin and Namecoin). Also, it is having a significant and loyal user base. If the other alts such as Steem and Golem, which are being used only by a few thousand people can get themselves included in the top 20 altcoin list, then why not the Dogecoin?
yes that is right no doubt about this, to me I think Doge coin has still potential to regain his previous position, as Dogecoin is still alive and active and there is no doubt that it has still loyal investors who are still keeping view on dogecoin  in invest there and gain acceleration.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:19:20 PM

I think DOGE COIN has by far a huge fan base and now more and more people are being attracted to altcoins so I think especially for those that want to start small, DOGECOIN maybe a favorite one for smaller holders who are just starting their life with crypto currencies. So my answer is YES, I do believe DOGE is here to stay.

It used to have a huge community, but the community started to dwindle after Moolah's scam brought down Mintpal. The community hasn't revived - there are only 383 people currently on the doge subreddit, a few years ago there would have been thousands.

I think what we're seeing here is a pump pure and simple. It was doge's turn to be pumped...

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 09:18:39 PM

I think DOGE COIN has by far a huge fan base and now more and more people are being attracted to altcoins so I think especially for those that want to start small, DOGECOIN maybe a favorite one for smaller holders who are just starting their life with crypto currencies. So my answer is YES, I do believe DOGE is here to stay.

It used to have a huge community, but the community started to dwindle after Moolah's scam brought down Mintpal. The community hasn't revived - there are only 383 people currently on the doge subreddit, a few years ago there would have been thousands.

I think what we're seeing here is a pump pure and simple. It was doge's turn to be pumped...

If DOGE is pumped enough and somehow makes the news then all those previous community members might return to the scene to see what's going on.

As well as serious contenders, there's also room for some light entertainment! I was one of the original DOGE miners (got invited 2 days after launch) so I'm always rooting for it (even though I sold the millions of DOGE I mined a LOONG time ago!).
ngerok

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 02:10:48 AM

To be fair, Dogecoin is one of the oldest altcoins around (although not as old as Litecoin and Namecoin). Also, it is having a significant and loyal user base. If the other alts such as Steem and Golem, which are being used only by a few thousand people can get themselves included in the top 20 altcoin list, then why not the Dogecoin?
yes that is right no doubt about this, to me I think Doge coin has still potential to regain his previous position, as Dogecoin is still alive and active and there is no doubt that it has still loyal investors who are still keeping view on dogecoin  in invest there and gain acceleration.
Yeah I think too like that, I've invested there because I think the doge will get better and will go back to his position.
Do not doubt Doge because doge is alive and have hope.

erick94

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 03:54:50 AM

Yeah I think too like that, I've invested there because I think the doge will get better and will go back to his position.
Do not doubt Doge because doge is alive and have hope.

Dogecoin may still be able to live again but still lose with bitcoin or altcoin, but can not be underestimated if at any time dogecoin can creep up drastically the price

▄▀
                         █▀
                       ▄██
                     ▄▀ █
                   ▄▀  █
                 ▄▀   ▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
             ▄▀     ▐▌▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
           ▄▀  ▄▄▄▀ █
        ▄████▀▀    ▐▌
    ▄▄████▀▀       █
  ▄▄▀▀▀▀          ▐▌
                  ▐
███████████████████████████

█████████████████████████

██████████████████████

██████████████

███████████████████

████████████████████

███████████████
██████████████████████████████   ██
      1.28%     
      DAILY ROI     

IN-WALLET
AUTO STAKING

FASTEST BURN
ON BSC

ANTI-DUMP 
   MECHANISM   
██   ██████████████████████████████
██████████████████

████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████

██████████████████████

████████████████████████

●  Whitepaper
●  Litepaper
●  Onepager
●  Twitter
●  Telegram
●  Discord
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:29:34 PM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Dogecoin, mate. I think about the same way as you, seeing a future for it as more users become inclined in using it when beginning their journey in the world of cryptocurrencies. Since Dogecoin doesn't have an issue of scalability unlike Bitcoin, it would serve its purpose for micropayments.

One thing that may limit Dogecoin's ability to be used for micropayments or tipping, in my own opinion, is the ever-increasing price. Its very high inflation may soon make the price plummet, if there's not much demand for it on the markets. But until now, I'm seeing otherwise as people continue to use more the DOGE and increase its value over time.

I just hope that someday there would be a community takeover, or another dev that would help improve Dogecoin with new features. Just my opinion.  Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BitcoinBabbler

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:09:46 PM

I too love DOgecoin! But sensing the future I doubt if it has any... I have now switched to LTC... You should too..
yyyshhha1415

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:13:18 AM

Yes it has. Dogecoin looked casual in its approach but is gaining wide acceptance for online transactions. It is a decentralized virtual currency and uses peer-to-peer technology to carry out its operations. Dogecoin is scrypt based and enables fast payments to anyone, anywhere across the globe.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:24:33 AM

Dogecoin can still be used as a store of value. So, it still has some use.

Is it true that only the main developer can code for the coin and improve it? I'm sure at some point in the future, applications will be built on top of it. I would be skeptical to believe that it would just die out as it is still an achievement in technology and adoption, albeit Bitcoin and Litecoin came first.

Despite all the negative talk, the truth is that Dogecoin still has a relatively strong community (#5 Community Score)
https://www.coingecko.com/en?sort_by=community_score

It is a meme coin that inspires fun and gives hope - and is a store of value. Not every crypto needs to have a serious worldwide utility like XRP or ETH.
I disagree a little bit about this, I think bitcoin is the only coin that can serve as a store of value, all the other coins while they can be very strong are not like bitcoin yet, besides doge has no limit in the amount of coins and that really affects its market value.
spatifilium

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:43:09 PM

I like DOGE because it has small transaction fees, but this pumping is pretty risky for investment if the price suddenly falls you can lose a lot of investment.
Price over the exchange is really changing from hour to hour
brokens

Activity: 728
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 12:55:21 PM

yeahh, sure i am very like DOGE, DOGE coins is the best, same too with Ethereum, and  I liked both,
second this coins can with quickly produce satoshi (Bitcoin).  Cheesy

qwesasd

Activity: 117
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 01:47:23 PM

Dogecoin had  attract much money from the market.
Altcoin is so crazy!
Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:12:40 PM

Dogecoin had  attract much money from the market.
Altcoin is so crazy!
Yes that is true, many altcoins have fantastic price changes, Altcoin bushes that are crawling up and price competition is also very interesting.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █
                 █   █████████████████████████  ▄▀  █  █ █
                  █    ███████████████████████  ▄▀▄▀▄▀ █
                   █     ████████████████████   ▄▀▄▀ ▄▀ █
                     █          █████████████    ▄▄▀▄▀ ▄▀  █
                       ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄▄  █████ ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ ▄▀    █
                           ▀▄     ▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄▄▀▀   ▄▀       █
                               ▀▄        ███          ▄▄▀▄   █   █
                                   ▀▄ ███     ▄▄▀▀       ▀▄  ▄█
                                 ▄▀      ▄▄▀▀                  ▀▀
                                  ▀▀▀▀▀
  W h a l e  M a k e r

||
▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬
A Fundraising Platform for
Massive Disruption
||
         ▄▄              ▄▄
        ███           ███
   ▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██                     ▄▄▄      ██
██           ▄▄    ████      ██
██        ████  ████       ██
██      ██     ██    ▀        ██
██    ██        ▀               ██
██▄                             ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
   ▀███████████████▀
Governance &
Rewards
                  ▄███▄
                    ███
  ▄███▄          █           ▄███▄
    ███     ▄███████▄    ███
         █▄█████░████▄█
   ▄     █████░░░█████       ▄
  ██  █████░███▄█████   ███
██████████░░░███████████
  ██   █████████░█████  ███
   ▀     █████░░░█████       ▀
          █▀████░████▀█
      ███    ▀██████▀   ███
    ▀███▀        █          ▀██▀
                    ███
                  ▀███▀
Smart-Funding
Aggregator &
Staking
||▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬ OCEAN PAPER ▬▬▬▬▬
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 01:23:26 AM

I too love DOgecoin! But sensing the future I doubt if it has any... I have now switched to LTC... You should too..

Yeah. I have been using Litecoin more than Dogecoin, since it is still being supported by its founder and community, as well as it has reached consensus towards SegWit adoption, making it more robust than Dogecoin itself.

It's been a while since Dogecoin had a new wallet release, not to mention that it hasn't integrated SegWit into its code. While it is rather obsolete, it is a fun cryptocurrency for tipping, but not ideal for long term holding.

Maybe someday there would be a huge interest from someone in the community who has experience in development, to maintain Dogecoin and improve its codebase. I'm confident that this will happen in the future, so I'm not giving up with DOGE yet, despite the said facts. Just my thoughts.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
yyyshhha1415

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:37:01 AM

Dogecoin is the first coin that really innovated based on their marketing initiatives and is very active in organising marketing and charity drives. It has sponsored Josh Wise in the NASCAR race and the efforts of the community to continuously reach out to more people is helping to get more people interested in Dogecoin. The price might be low at this point but given solid fundamentals, it has a very bright future.
mademerich

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 02:45:44 AM

Dogecoin is the first coin that really innovated based on their marketing initiatives and is very active in organising marketing and charity drives. It has sponsored Josh Wise in the NASCAR race and the efforts of the community to continuously reach out to more people is helping to get more people interested in Dogecoin. The price might be low at this point but given solid fundamentals, it has a very bright future.

Its got a nice community for sure, but it doesn't innovate anything in the cryptocurrency space. This is the reason why it has crazier volatility than most coins and why its driven 95% by speculators. The long term price of dogecoin will be much smaller than now but it will have a long future within certain niches.
ngerok

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:27:17 PM

yeahh, sure i am very like DOGE, DOGE coins is the best, same too with Ethereum, and  I liked both,
second this coins can with quickly produce satoshi (Bitcoin).  Cheesy

Yes all altcoin like Eth and Doge can indeed produce satosi, but we must be very clever looking for profits in it do not just sell haphazardly.
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:33:48 PM

I love doge too even they have possible to increase in the future price of doge as of now is 150satoshi only  and the price i think after few years maybe 1000 to 10,000 satoshi. But it cannot pump big . LTC is also good coin because I see the more potential of this coib compared to dige and if you see coinbase wallet they add LTC wallet so the price willl increase more fo sure. Many investor buy ltc so the price will happen in the future will become more brighter and brighter.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
ilham nur77

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 12:05:15 AM

I love doge too even they have possible to increase in the future price of doge as of now is 150satoshi only  and the price i think after few years maybe 1000 to 10,000 satoshi. But it cannot pump big . LTC is also good coin because I see the more potential of this coib compared to dige and if you see coinbase wallet they add LTC wallet so the price willl increase more fo sure. Many investor buy ltc so the price will happen in the future will become more brighter and brighter.
Yes very true, doge i think will follow the trace of LTC who has a good future.

spatifilium

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:29:03 AM

DOGE will always have a future as long as there is value even if it is very small.
Has low fees and that's very good
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: