Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApopheniaBTC - Bet and solve the challenges to win BTC.  (Read 58183 times)
RussianRaibow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 06:15:29 AM

I just came across your thread/site today. I really like this game/idea. I'm looking forward to trying to solve some of these. I was getting tired of the traditional gambling games, and this one isn't just luck. Thanks!

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tritonio (OP)

Activity: 640

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:53:19 AM

I just came across your thread/site today. I really like this game/idea. I'm looking forward to trying to solve some of these. I was getting tired of the traditional gambling games, and this one isn't just luck. Thanks!
Your site is really awesome!. This site is very different from other gambling sites. You give a the newest games and fun, I really enjoyed and liked gambling. And may the fore you provide features that can support the users
Just checked out your game, seems like a fun and unique idea! Will be trying it out soon.
BTW, do you know the reason I first came to Bitcointalk? To comment on this thread! Here.

Thank you!

This is no fair! You said something along the lines of 'keep it simple' in the box where you put the answer; this had been the case for the potato chips...

Looks like someone got it! Well, you clearly say "make it simple" on the answer field... And that's what 2nd and 3rd option tell us Cheesy

So how is 'planner' wrong, when you've got 'day planner' as a valid answer? Tongue Fair enough that you didn't call it a diary or a journal, but a "red toyota" is right but a "toyota" is wrong when you clearly stated keep it simple? Reminds me of that replicate/replicabe accident a while ago...

Yes it's a pain sometimes. How detailed an answer is, is such an subjective thing so it's sort of expected that I will fail to always agree with the player-base in whether something was too detailed or not. Here's how I try to think: I generally try to take synonyms from wikipedia and such. And then I may add some even simpler ones. So for example in some other cases the equivalent of just "planner" could have been added, depending on whether I think it's too general. Wikipedia helps a lot because if often lists USA, British or Australian variants that I've never heard of.

So basically here's two examples:

Not enough info: plant   /    planner, pages
Correct answers: aloe, aloe plant, aloe vera plant  /   daily planner, personal planner, year planner, agenda
Too much info: plant in pot, aloe in pot   /   open agenda, empty agenda

In the case of chips as I said I would like to have had added more correct answers though.

You know, I might actually add a tip on the answer form that says "Check wikipedia" because I often use it to find synonyms or alternatives. Don't take this as a rule though. It doesn't HAVE to be from wikipedia.

I see what looks like dates in there (Wednesday - 24, Thursday - 25), maybe it's a calendar, schedule, or day-planner of some kind? I like the journal guess, I think that's what I would have guessed as well.

Haha damn, I totally had it right :-P If only I had the balls to make that guess...although I might have spelled it "dayplanner" or "day-planner" which wouldn't have counted I guess? That is one of the tough parts of this game, getting the spelling and/or syntax correct.

If anyone wants to tip me a little commission for helping them win the pot, just let me know and I'll give you my bitcoin address Wink

dayplanner would have been wrong, it's not a proper word I think. "day-planner" would have been converted to "day planner" and accepted though. Pretty sure I remove dashes and other symbols from answers.

Hi OP, I've got a question for you. You know the address name you give to the pictures, like apopheniabtc.com/processed/27f41fd9ca6c6b793f403f46f2c9490294ad590ddc97765bb0c7782b9cece868, the part where I bolded seems like a SHA 256 hash. Is it of any significance, like serving as an anti-tampering/probably fair proof?

Doesn't mean anything useful really. It's the SHA256 of the input file (the picture that was not black and white). I could start publishing those pictures but it wouldn't make anything provably fair. It would simply prove that I had this picture all along. It wouldn't prove that the processed versions are based on that picture from the start and it would certainly not prove that I don't cheat by giving the correct answers to a "friend" or that I don't play myself. Unfortunately I don't think the last point can be ever provably fair. Someone had suggested that I fix the first point and make it provable that the distorted images are based on the same image that you see "clearly" at the end. That could probably be done in a few ways but the possibility of me cheating sort of makes that feature useless. If I wanted to cheat I would cheat directly, no real point in me just making the game harder for legit players by changing pictures behind the scenes. What would that accomplish? Players can actually detect that if they for example store the picture every 15 minutes or so so that they get the whole series of changes and review them later.  Huh (PS: You will not be able to find my pictures on the internet by searching for the SHA)
EngiNerd

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:18:44 PM

Congrats to whoever got the latest image correct Smiley Great eye...my current guesses weren't anywhere close to that Tongue

I keep hoping I'll have an epiphany and know exactly what is under the distortion, but no luck so far...

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 11:50:35 PM

Here's the latest one:

Looks like I didn't see all the posts here. I'll read through them and answer after I take some sleep!

Honestly no clue. It looks like a ship, or some part of a weird shaped knife.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:07:07 AM

You should automate the process of adding new puzzles, instead of manually adding them everytime.
Why not code up a queue (and put a set of puzzles in it) so that once someone has solved the picture, or the picture has expired, it automatically publishes the next puzzle for you?
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 12:25:47 PM

You should automate the process of adding new puzzles, instead of manually adding them everytime.
Why not code up a queue (and put a set of puzzles in it) so that once someone has solved the picture, or the picture has expired, it automatically publishes the next puzzle for you?

Yeap I want to do that too actually.

Here's something different:

No hint this time! Could be item/person/title or even anything else.
EngiNerd

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 03:33:17 AM

Wow, no clue on this one. Maybe a screw or something? I could convince myself I see threads...

Btw, where are you pulling these images from? Your own personal collection or from around the web?

RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2016, 06:21:20 AM

Wow, no clue on this one. Maybe a screw or something? I could convince myself I see threads...

Btw, where are you pulling these images from? Your own personal collection or from around the web?

Dang, I just tried "bull terrier." I thought for sure that was going to be it.

I AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMERI AM A SCAMMER
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 08:31:12 AM

Either my own photos or screenshots from movies TV series etc. Generally it's not stuff that you can google image search. :-)

Would it be unfair if I put a hint on this one now? Given that some people have already answered I mean. I would say that it wouldn't, since all people would be helped by it but at the same time, people who saw the "No hint!!!" are less likely to look at the hint box again so they might miss it. But I'd really like to help a bit more... :-( Maybe I can put it an add an alert to notify all players of the new hint.

[EDIT] OK I did that. So everyone will be aware of the hint now.
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2016, 12:15:52 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2016, 12:52:59 PM by RussianRaibow

Either my own photos or screenshots from movies TV series etc. Generally it's not stuff that you can google image search. :-)

Would it be unfair if I put a hint on this one now? Given that some people have already answered I mean. I would say that it wouldn't, since all people would be helped by it but at the same time, people who saw the "No hint!!!" are less likely to look at the hint box again so they might miss it. But I'd really like to help a bit more... :-( Maybe I can put it an add an alert to notify all players of the new hint.

Thanks for the new hint, but I don't get it? It seems like it still could be anything?

[EDIT] I'm really confused about your new hint.  It seems that you changed it from "Hint: No hint!" to "Hint: No hint! item/title/name/etc"

EngiNerd

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 12:56:25 AM

Thanks for the new hint, but I don't get it? It seems like it still could be anything?

[EDIT] I'm really confused about your new hint.  It seems that you changed it from "Hint: No hint!" to "Hint: No hint! item/title/name/etc"

Yeah, I was wondering about the new hint too. Are you saying it could be an item, title, or name? Why does the first part of the hint still say "No hint!"? Maybe it's just a really subtle hint that I'm too obtuse to pick up on Tongue

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 06:49:25 PM

Don't overthink the new hint. I hadn't done a "no hint" picture for some time, so I thought I'd help new players by mentioning a couple more of other categories to help them understand that it could really be anything. :-)
EngiNerd

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:15:44 PM

Don't overthink the new hint. I hadn't done a "no hint" picture for some time, so I thought I'd help new players by mentioning a couple more of other categories to help them understand that it could really be anything. :-)

Haha, so the hint is just saying that there's no real hint, only that the picture could be of anything? Tongue Hehe that helps narrow to down Cheesy

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 07:39:32 PM

It looks like a head. Since it can be a person, it is most likely some Superhero from Comics or video games.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 08:20:18 AM

It looks like a head. Since it can be a person, it is most likely some Superhero from Comics or video games.

Wow, you were right! It was some anime character. I never heard of it before. My "bull terrier" guess was WAY off. I guess that's apophenia for you.

Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:43:52 AM

Yeap, almost found that. :-)

Here's the new picture btw:

Have fun!
udet4food

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 07:14:57 AM

Here's the newest picture:

Looks like a tube of glue to me. Nearly 60 hours left, and with a pot of 8.5mBTC it's definitely a good time to bet.
Tritonio (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 07:15:02 PM

Here's the latest one:

Good job on the last one btw. I didn't expect someone to hit the bath salts solution before the letters were visible... "Slipper" was also a possible answer btw. :-)
RussianRaibow

I AM A SCAMMER

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 12:26:29 PM

Yeap, almost found that. :-)

Here's the new picture btw:

Have fun!

Even after knowing that this is a "lighter," I still can't see it.  Do you ever post the original unaltered photos?  I'd like to so the original.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 10:15:29 PM

Even after knowing that this is a "lighter," I still can't see it.  Do you ever post the original unaltered photos?  I'd like to so the original.

Just click on the picture and you have the original one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 »
  Print  

Jump to: