Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:48:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Shorting profitable???  (Read 4226 times)
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:13:11 AM

Shorting is profitable if you select those coins who got big potential to rise up nor have a movy movements, And if you can monitor and spot those well surely you might gonna earn more money from it time to time and the perfect example of coins that best for shorting is bitcoins since the movements of it is pretty much doing upwards and backwards as we can see.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:24:25 AM

it is very much profitable, but in this market may be hard to execute. You gotta be smart, and you gotta know what you are doing. GL
that's the hard thing to do, knowing when to place the entry i guess experience will be the good teacher for every traders, shorting is like gambling with the future of the current project, if you missed you risk your money if you got in correctly you will get good profits.

ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1232

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2017, 06:31:28 AM

it is very much profitable, but in this market may be hard to execute. You gotta be smart, and you gotta know what you are doing. GL
that's the hard thing to do, knowing when to place the entry i guess experience will be the good teacher for every traders, shorting is like gambling with the future of the current project, if you missed you risk your money if you got in correctly you will get good profits.

But holding for more is the more riskier we got since we doesn't know if the coin we hodl will pump hard if times goes by unto it but If we choose wisely those potential coins who's top on marketcap im so sure that doing some short trades on them are so good since they have potential to cameback after some red stats happen on them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1274
Merit: 356

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:53:52 AM

shorting is very risky , increases stress thats why I left margin trading
Your're right friend. I don't like margin trading because its very risky. If you really don't know how to earn exactly on it so start move on now or you will lose your currency because margin trading is for professional trader only. I only trade in an exchange because I know I can earn multiple profits in a right time.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:01:09 AM

Not for bitcoin. I have been looking for a shorting website, but found that the interest is way too much. It is around 0.2-1%  per day for bitcoin, which means that if you short 1 btc and it doesn't drop in 100 days, then you lose all your money.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:08:14 PM

What is shorting ? How does it work ?

No one wants to believe that the value of bitcoins/alts can go down as well as up. But they do go down a lot. Simply by shorting, you can take advantage of the downward movement in the stock market. This strategy allows you to be profitable in other situations as well, not just when prices go down. However it is very risky and you need balls of steel to be successful especially when prices move against you.
hawthelegend

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:14:55 PM

I advice you not to do this, even more if you're not a lucky type of person. Simply because this type of trading is just risky as fck. Again, RISKY! so you should just avoid it, coz you'd just probably lose morethan what you can gain, many experienced traders have already gone broke because of this type of trading. So just stay away from it to prevent yourself from being added up to the long list of people who has gone broke because of this type of trading.
Goodluck in whatever you choose. This is just an advice.
canvan

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:17:37 PM

Shorting is risky just as it is to go long on a margin trade except as the market generally goes up shorting presents much more risks than ordinary margin buys. It can potentially be very profitable if you know what you are doing but to demonstrate the risk I remember there was a guy on reddit who posted his experiences with shorting. He has earned over a million over the last years out of very little and lost nearly all of it on one bad short which he kept trying to prop up with new funds as the market went the opposite direction.
ActiveP

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:29:33 PM

You should be careful, margin trading is risky and not for all investors, leveraging is a double-edged sword, amplifying losses and gains to the same degree. I honestly don't see its benefits.

Good day traders look for small market moves and cut their losses early, which minimizes the risk of using other people’s money. But it is easier said than done, once your emotions take over, bye bye bank.

patrickgt3

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:22:12 PM

If you do it right, yes it is profitable.
But only do it if you are sure about your prediction. It is very stressful too.
NY-city

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:28:15 PM

If you do it right, yes it is profitable.
But only do it if you are sure about your prediction. It is very stressful too.
Everyone can predict anything, but there can be no certainty about it. You need to listen more to the forecasts of experts, they are to what ordinary Bitcoin users think. Hotch often people can predict further development or other situations in the sphere of crypto currency.

BunnyShibe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:30:37 PM

Shorting is risky just as it is to go long on a margin trade except as the market generally goes up shorting presents much more risks than ordinary margin buys. It can potentially be very profitable if you know what you are doing but to demonstrate the risk I remember there was a guy on reddit who posted his experiences with shorting. He has earned over a million over the last years out of very little and lost nearly all of it on one bad short which he kept trying to prop up with new funds as the market went the opposite direction.
and specially for bitcoin. because the price of bitcoin is already trading too much high. though still it have good potential to increase more and more, but in present time the market can take some correction and may be the price fell down a little for some time but after that it will start rising again. so if you have good experience in sort term investment then you can get benefit from it but if you do not have any experience then it can be more risky.
LadderHero

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:13:42 PM

Stocks go up and down. Taking a long position on a rising stock makes money and also taking a short position on a falling stock makes money.If we talk about risks: Bill O’Neil, founder of Investor’s Business Daily, examined the issue of short selling in his book “How To Make Money Selling Stocks Short”, and concluded that “few investors really understand how to buy stocks successfully. Even fewer understand when to sell stocks. Virtually no one, including most professionals, knows how to sell short correctly.” In fact if done correctly, the risks of short selling are very similar to the risk of long stock purchases.
Backupnime

Activity: 494
Merit: 104

homt.net

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:43:33 PM

Have any of you got benefit by shorting?please share your thrilling experiences.
i trade it using scalping methode for trading short time, and still get profit 1-3%/transaction  Grin Grin Grin

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:17:08 AM

What is shorting? Please explain it to me.

Is it like this?
Buy Altcoins and sell immediately after a little bit and fall back a little and buy again? I earned it here but I'm going to go for a ride because I'm getting hit and getting caught up so I do not want to repeat it anymore. is that so ?
FJNuñez

Activity: 140

🌟ATLANT ICO: 7/09/17🌟

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 03:57:03 AM

Shorting is profitable if you know what you are doing. If you are an inexperienced trader than it definitely is NOT recommended, that is for sure!

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:03:31 AM

Shorting is profitable if you know what you are doing. If you are an inexperienced trader than it definitely is NOT recommended, that is for sure!
Even though you are not well experienced in short trading it is still better to try it rather than letting the opportunity to pass you. If you are not willing to take risk and get to short term trading with full of courage then you should not try trading at all because trading is not a safe haven for your money and it is full of risk but i can guaranteed that it is all worth it.
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 05:45:58 AM

SHorting, just like margin or CFD trading is for risk taker only. The higher they play the higher the rewards they get but the risks on playing or trading using them is very very high and not advisable for anyone.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:39:39 AM

Yes, shorting is profitable if you see a downtrend in the coin. As many members mentioned, it is stressful and not advisable to trade margin. I find it better to buy the coins and wait for the price to rise.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:35:22 PM

What is shorting? Please explain it to me.

Is it like this?
Buy Altcoins and sell immediately after a little bit and fall back a little and buy again? I earned it here but I'm going to go for a ride because I'm getting hit and getting caught up so I do not want to repeat it anymore. is that so ?
Yes you are right in some way but let me clear you about shorting, it is a kind of trading in which you do work quickly I mean just you said buy and sell immediately when price rise, sell when they predict that prices will down very soon. Actually it is a trading for expert, a simple person like you and me can never so this and if we do we go in loss because for this you need an extra knowledge and experience.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: