Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:34:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your thoughts about Factom and Decred  (Read 766 times)
Tiphune (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

Whats up guys.

Lately Ive been looking for some relatively cheap and new cryptos on the market with good potential of growing for next 3 years+
I found my top 1, where I have done huge research and I invested quite a lot in it, as I think its a blast.

However, Factom and Decred are on my mind. I was wondering if any of you know something about them.
If they offer a good technology, hows the community, and generally if it's good long term investment and why.

For what I know now(which is not a lot), Factom looks better for me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:07:22 PM

Factom is looking legit project so that I'm also quite sure it's great to have this. But I have some doubt about Decred.
badenglishtea

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:13:20 PM

Whats up guys.

Lately Ive been looking for some relatively cheap and new cryptos on the market with good potential of growing for next 3 years+
I found my top 1, where I have done huge research and I invested quite a lot in it, as I think its a blast.

However, Factom and Decred are on my mind. I was wondering if any of you know something about them.
If they offer a good technology, hows the community, and generally if it's good long term investment and why.

For what I know now(which is not a lot), Factom looks better for me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Decred; centralized scam. 17.2% dev theft, 17.2% airdrop, 19.7% POS, 6.6% dev fund.

Crazy. If devs are invested in the project, release POW, and devs should invest in mining. Skimming 20% off the top says something about the devs running the project. Devs don't want to invest, they just want to launch ICO.

I also own Decred bought a few weeks ago, and I plan on dumping soon for profit.

Factom looks even worse. I am pretty sure Factom is a blockchain that stores hashs that can be applied to audit or other functions using the Factom token. Then they ICO at $30MM market cap. Can anyone tell me if Factom has been used for any application? Does Factom have any clients? Does Factom have anything other than an ICO and an inflated market cap? Concept is viable I guess, but someone else will do it better.

mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:13:28 PM

I don't think public crypto projects that aim to cover niche utility can have alot of success. I mean, look at Namecoin, it will become obsolete with the implementation on ethereum of ENS ( ethereum name service ). So, to have growing potential, you need to do alot of stuff, or if you do less, you gotta do it perfectly.
The same goes for crypto projects that aim to become money but hype their own broken anonymity implementation. What good is it if more complex project can implement something better with a simple snap of fingers ?
Chevas Regal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

www.tgtcoins.com/ico

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 05:16:30 PM

Factom is old project ्् some years back I invested in facctom but due to money issue I switched back with some loss but I feel that it is a sleeping giant like LTC which could get you a load of profit if you are a bag holder of it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀██████████
███████▀▄▄█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀█▄▄▀▀██████
████▀▄█████████████████████▄▀████
███ ██████████▀▀▀████████████ ███
██ ███████████   █████████████▄▀█
█ █▌████████▀▀   ▀▀▀▀████████▐█ █
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
▌██▐████████         ████████▌▐█▐
▌▐█ ██████████  ▐████████████▌██▐
█ █▄██████████  ▐████████████▄█ █
██ ███████████▄  ▀▀▀ █████████▀▄█
███ ████████████▄▄▄▄█████████ ███
████▄▀█████████████████████▀▄████
██████▄▄▀▀██▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█▀▀▄▄██████
██████████▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄██████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Target Coin

▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▄████████
    █████▀▀▀▀
   ▐████
   ▐████
████████████
████████████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████
   ▐████

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄██▀                ▀██▄
▐██                ██  ██▌
██▌      ▄▄████▄▄  ▀▀  ▐██
██▌    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀██▄    ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██
██▌    ▀██▄▄  ▄▄██▀    ▐██
██▌      ▀▀████▀▀      ▐██
▐██                    ██▌
 ▀██▄                ▄██▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

Ano

Activity: 1148
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:41:27 PM

Decred is still shady project better to stay away from this. There is no transparency so that I am out from this project after making some money that is not for long term.
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:21:11 PM

why is decred a shady project?
To me it doesnt seem like that, wondering why various people here says it is.

ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:25:07 PM

I don't consider Factom a currency; It is a company/project. So I do not see why factoms hold value. If you own factoms are you entitled to a share in the company profits? I don't think so. So you are basically making a bet that the company will do well, and people will need to buy factoms at a higher price in the future to use the company's services.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:39:59 PM

Decred is still shady project better to stay away from this. There is no transparency so that I am out from this project after making some money that is not for long term.

any explanation I was thinking to get a tiny bit just to have some...  anyone have the info why it is meant to be shady?

cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:03:23 PM

I believe decrd to be a good project, way more decentralized than dash for example

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: