Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:12:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost Thousands Of Bitcoins Because Of Volatility  (Read 2769 times)
Vito Corleone (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 05:49:40 PM

Enough Bitcoin for me, i am in Altcoin section because i want exchange my bitcoins to more stable crypto and i need your recommendations.
Advices wait price will come back won't help, i am out.

I am thinking about:

Tether
Ripple

Problem i don't trust tether, users only can login through website and it's probably too much centralized.
Can't trust Ripple either, where bankers play corruption and strange things happen..

Well probably i need to exchange to USD and stop playing this crypto game... What you can recommend?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CurrenSky

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 06:05:14 PM

Enough Bitcoin for me, i am in Altcoin section because i want exchange my bitcoins to more stable crypto and i need your recommendations.
Advices wait price will come back won't help, i am out.

I am thinking about:

Tether
Ripple

Problem i don't trust tether, users only can login through website and it's probably too much centralized.
Can't trust Ripple either, where bankers play corruption and strange things happen..

Well probably i need to exchange to USD and stop playing this crypto game... What you can recommend?
Did you think/hear about CurrenSky?

Wink

(/r/)CurrenSky :
CurrenSky.com is a very stable CC concept made to generate financial interests to its users by backing up its value in Real Estate..
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:23:11 PM

You are the one you should give the final decision,if you have doubt then don't,better exchange your cryptos to dollar again,because you seems to be fed up on what's going on in the crypto currency community,but then again you still have coinmarketcap to guide you.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:26:38 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2017, 06:36:45 PM by CoinHoarder

I recommend holding your Bitcoins. Given enough time, the price will rebound and reach new ATHS.

If you put your money in Tether, you are guaranteed to lose the money you already lost due to volatility. I think this is easily the worst option you propose, unless you will be needing to cash out to FIAT within the next month or two or if you want to try and increase your BTC holdings, betting that BTC will continue to drop in the short term. It is possible that the BTC price could go down even more over that timeframe, but buying and holding Tether long term is a bad investment. Might as well cash out to FIAT and put it in a savings account if you're going to do that.

Ripple is also a bad choice IMO. I think there are a lot better alts that you could put your money into. But, if you are dead set on Tether or Ripple for a long term investment, Ripple is the better option, as at least you have the chance of regaining your losses. I still think holding your Bitcoin is your best option there though.
fusilero40

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:59:26 PM

Puts money in bytecoin has a long term future
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:14:57 PM

look for useful tech, good dev that has not yet pumped perhaps beyond it's actual relative value

bitbay.

There are others but I suggest you take a look at that first and make your own decision.
If you come across a better option  then PM me I will be interested too.

innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 07:24:30 PM

look for useful tech, good dev that has not yet pumped perhaps beyond it's actual relative value

Sounds like Byteball.. Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:51:02 PM

Did some poking around and i think it's possible the OP here posted simply so the first poster could advertise his ICO.
Vito Corleone (Junior account) posted then 5 minutes later another Junior account posted first suggesting the CurrenSky ICO.
Both seem to have weak English and Vito said he'd from the Netherlands.
The ICO coin has a lot of ties to that area of Europe too.

Looking at both their full post history i see a lot of reoccurring weird broken English.
The first thing i seen looking at the the ICO was problems about refusing to use an escrow for it.
Then i of course seen the site whois was protected by good ole Scotsdale (like 90% of coins)

Noobs galore + Noob ICO + probably sock-puppet account shenanigans.

FUD first & ask questions later™
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:53:04 PM

Good plan. there's no volatility in Altcoins
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:55:54 PM

A more stable altcoin.... no way.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
azgal0r

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 11:08:37 PM

Lost thousands because of volatility, and for some reason goes to something even more volatile :')

Looks like a thread to promote a scam coin Smiley
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:20:02 AM

A more stable altcoin.... no way.

Ya that made me suspicious earlier.
Both the OP and then the currensky guy used that word.
And what do they mean anyway ? code or market price ?
If price LTC is pretty damn stable LOL  Grin

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:57:58 AM

lost thousands of bitcoin? really? how many thousands? 1? 2? 10? and how did you lose that? you want us to believe you had 1,200,000 to 12,000,000 USD and lost it?

was your wallet hacked because you were incapable of making a cold storage or setting a password for encrypting it?

or did you lose that much in trading? well price only fell about 14% from the top so that means to lose 1000BTC you needed to have 7142BTC.

or maybe you were talking about satoshi Grin

have you ever seen a price chart of any of these altcoins before? if not i suggest taking a quick peek at the charts with 1 day interval while showing ALL of the history.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:15:11 AM

If you quit crypto world, that could be your life's biggest mistake. Leading a life without knowing one opportunity is different than ignoring one reliable opportunity, later may end up in regretting. I suggest not to take decisions of stop playing with crypto, but play carefully.

I do see some people suspect on your losses. I do not want to enter there. But I want you not to repeat the same mistakes. Holding for long is the simple requirement to stay within profits which maybe completely different for the case of altcoins.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:47:35 AM

How about keeping your wallet closed until the right opportunity comes along and STILL being a participant and supporter of cryptography related digital currencies ?

hey, there's a thought huh ?  Cheesy

disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:16:43 AM

Well probably i need to exchange to USD and stop playing this crypto game?
DO you know that Fiat currencies too are volatile. It depends on you game plan. I have 60:20:20 ratio of Bitcoin:Altcoin:USDT. I believe in Bitcoin and know the price can only get higher once this scaling debate is over, also know that the hard fork might be a good deal for Bitcoin holders because you stand a chance to get free BTU tokens

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:07:11 AM

Have you heard of PIVX?
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:24:38 AM

maybe you can see some ico. Qtum and new ico, this is better than some crypto. and having experienced a very high increase in eth and dash, usd in bitcoin decreased passable, and my speculation a few months btc will decline, while some cryptocurrency will increase the price with usd.
dishku
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:33:00 AM

Better move all your bitcoin is USD and give up this world but I don't think OP have any decent amount like he is claiming lost of thousands of the bitcoin. Anyway this thread made me laugh when somebody claim like this. Wink
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:42:54 PM

I don't think OP have any decent amount like he is claiming lost of thousands of the bitcoin. Anyway this thread made me laugh when somebody claim like this. Wink

Despite the thread title, I think he meant that he lost thousands of dollars. Judging by his OP, English is not his first language.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: