Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Double Trouble (Instant/Automatic) w/ Partial Refunds! [12hr rounds]  (Read 30253 times)
aiwk171

Activity: 134
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:55:45 AM

+1 that this is a scam.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NothinG (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:57:22 AM

You don't understand, the website went OFFLINE after I put my money in.  When it came back online my BTC was not on the list!  The round never finished so I never even had a chance to double my BTC.
You just answered where the money went.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:57:59 AM

If you want a completely transparent one (blockexplorer and spreadsheet to double check anything I do) then check out my sig.  Just started a new one up.
herbertfilby

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:58:24 AM

You don't understand, the website went OFFLINE after I put my money in.  When it came back online my BTC was not on the list!  The round never finished so I never even had a chance to double my BTC.

Yeah dude, if mybitcoin.com was offline, then your money just went into outer space, not in NothinG's wallet.
remssik

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:59:13 AM

I'll be civil. What time eastern time did you put in (convert if if you need to, just give me a time).
MasonIII

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:00:43 AM

Yeah dude, if mybitcoin.com was offline, then your money just went into outer space, not in NothinG's wallet.

Unfortunately, I can attest to that.  1.4 BTC of mine is now floating in the digital void.  Take it up with mybitcoin if necessary
NothinG (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:01:59 AM

@Dank: Want to see a real scam? http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=20969.0

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:02:45 AM

You just answered where the money went.
I know where my BTC went, straight to your bitcoin wallet.  It is your fault the website went offline, therefor I did not receive the service I payed for, therefor I rightfully deserve a refund.

The website was online at the time of the transaction.  NothinG received my bitcoins.

I'll be civil. What time eastern time did you put in (convert if if you need to, just give me a time).
I'm on the east coast, same time as the server.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Jakel-s

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:06:07 AM

Dank, you would not have doubled your Bitcoins even if he could find the transaction. You placed the bitcoins an hour and a half after the game started, and at that point its was practically dead. So the biggest refund you would have gotten would be a weighted percentage of the pot left. which would have been like .02 bitcoins. There was no way you could have gotten the 2 bitcoins even if no errors occurred, so get over it.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:08:47 AM

Dank, you would not have doubled your Bitcoins even if he could find the transaction. You placed the bitcoins an hour and a half after the game started, and at that point its was practically dead. So the biggest refund you would have gotten would be a weighted percentage of the pot left. which would have been like .02 bitcoins. There was no way you could have gotten the 2 bitcoins even if no errors occurred, so get over it.
If say the 10th person were the last person of the day, and they put in 512BTC then they would loose 2% (from fees) and get 509.44 back.
How is that bad?
- NothinG

Now how did you calculate my refund?

Also (bold) you cannot assume I wouldn't double my Bitcoins because the service was unavailable.  I was only 2-3 places away from being doubled before it went offline.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Jakel-s

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:10:49 AM

That's outdated, he should edit it out. Here is what the website faq says (check if you want)

"Twice A Day (Noon & Midnight) (see front page for clock), the game is restarted.
Anyone left unpaid will split what's left of the bank over everyone who has been un-paid (this is weighted by how much you entered in to be doubled) - the 2% fee per person [(1% hosting fee) + (1% game restart) = 2% fee] (to their address)!
This is to keep the game fair, and alive."
NothinG (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:12:38 AM

I know where my BTC went, straight to your bitcoin wallet.  It is your fault the website went offline, therefor I did not receive the service I payed for, therefor I rightfully deserve a refund.
How would I have possibly of gotten the money if the site was offline?

tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:13:18 AM

If say the 10th person were the last person of the day, and they put in 512BTC then they would loose 2% (from fees) and get 509.44 back.
How is that bad?
- NothinG

Now how did you calculate my refund?

Also (bold) you cannot assume I wouldn't double my Bitcoins because the service was unavailable.  I was only 2-3 places away from being doubled before it went offline.

Think of it this way..

Lets say the first bet in the game is 5BTC, the next 10 bets are all 1BTC.  Those 10 collected BTC are used to pay out the double of bet #1.

At this point the pot is empty.  Let's assume nobody else plays.  There is no money to be refunded.  It has ALL been paid out to double the original bet.

You misunderstood the refund portion of the game.

Edit: http://blockexplorer.com/address/1LWhSDLPYhKThrNhMGXsVu9DEVxPkbHQpB here is your transaction.  If you notice, it hasn't gone anywhere yet.  If it got to his mybitcoin wallet it would almost certainly at least been partially used in a payout by now.  It's floating in space, and it's mybitcoin's fault... NOT NothinG's fault.
WiseOldOwl

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 06:15:07 AM

My 2 Cents
NothinG isn't a scammer.
I helped test his code.
Bare with him, he is tuning the code.
The post above about quoting only losing 2% of deposit was voided a couple posts past it.
1.5 hours in you lost anyways.
It sux but I was ready to lose 2 because the server took a few seconds to update longer than expected.
Its not just face value gambling, you should understand the risks involved.
Imagine disconnecting from a 10,000 dollar poker hand on full tilt...it happens.
I dont want to argue I just am pretty positive he is not a SCAMMER as you put it.

EDIT* He and the rest of us game operators are doing a lot more work right now than what we make for it.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:22:05 AM

How would I have possibly of gotten the money if the site was offline?
Try reading this post again. http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=18350.msg262543#msg262543

This time do not miss the "the website went OFFLINE after I put my money in."

That's outdated, he should edit it out. Here is what the website faq says (check if you want)

"Twice A Day (Noon & Midnight) (see front page for clock), the game is restarted.
Anyone left unpaid will split what's left of the bank over everyone who has been un-paid (this is weighted by how much you entered in to be doubled) - the 2% fee per person [(1% hosting fee) + (1% game restart) = 2% fee] (to their address)!
This is to keep the game fair, and alive."
It was not outdated at the time of the transaction, the twice of day stuff wasn't even brought up until after the transaction.  It does not matter anyways because the website went down AFTER I PAID so I did not receive the service to have 22 hours to potentially be doubled.

1.5 hours in you lost anyways.
I paid for a full round, did I not?  I was 2-3 places away from being doubled, you have no proof I wouldn't have been doubled if the website did not go offline.
I dont want to argue I just am pretty positive he is not a SCAMMER as you put it.
I don't know what else you would call someone who takes your money and intentionally does not provide the service advertised.  Faker?  Hoaxer?  Comedian?  Scammer fits best to me.

NothinG (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:24:42 AM

-
I'm done feeding you, troll.
Call me a scammer, don't call me a scammer; I need sleep.

herbertfilby

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:37:03 AM

If nothing else, this is definitely reaching one of the top-viewed posts in the forum Tongue
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:41:53 AM

-
Troll?  Since when do trolls speak of factual evidence?  You're not only a scammer, you're also a hypocrite, you're ignorant to all the iformation I have compiled, and you know that the bitcoins rightfully belong to me although you let your greed override your sense(lessness) for moral business practice.  Thieves are one of the worst kinds of people and you are no better than a thug stealing someones purse or a common house thief.

Bitcoin community members, please read over the last few pages if you're considering using this game!  NothinG has, in fact, stole my 2 BTC, but please make an informed decision for yourself if you want to give your BTC to someone so unprofessional and irrational that he doesn't acknowledge a single valid point in any of my posts.

tito13kfm

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:47:12 AM

-
Troll?  Since when do trolls speak of factual evidence?  You're not only a scammer, you're also a hypocrite, you're ignorant to all the iformation I have compiled, and you know that the bitcoins rightfully belong to me although you let your greed override your sense(lessness) for moral business practice.  Thieves are one of the worst kinds of people and you are no better than a thug stealing someones purse, or a common house thief.

Bitcoin community members, please read over the last few pages if you're considering using this game!  NothinG has, in fact, stole my 2 BTC, but please make an informed decision for yourself if you want to give your BTC to someone so unprofessional and irrational that he doesn't acknowledge a single valid point in any of my posts.

Your deposit in to the game is still showing as being untouched by blockexplorer.  Is it possible that it was not at least partially used in a game payout yet?  I guess so... Is it likely?  Not at all.  All game deposits end up in the same mybitcoin wallet.  All payouts are from there as well.  The fact that your 2BTC somehow remains untouched should be enough proof that more likely your transaction never reached its intended destination.

Mybitcoin is most likely at fault.  Your beef is with them.
RevolutionMaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 06:49:37 AM

-
Troll?  Since when do trolls speak of factual evidence?  You're not only a scammer, you're also a hypocrite, you're ignorant to all the iformation I have compiled, and you know that the bitcoins rightfully belong to me although you let your greed override your sense(lessness) for moral business practice.  Thieves are one of the worst kinds of people and you are no better than a thug stealing someones purse, or a common house thief.

Your deposit in to the game is still showing as being untouched by blockexplorer.  Is it possible that it was not at least partially used in a game payout yet?  I guess so... Is it likely?  Not at all.  All game deposits end up in the same mybitcoin wallet.  All payouts are from there as well.  The fact that your 2BTC somehow remains untouched should be enough proof that more likely your transaction never reached its intended destination.

Mybitcoin is most likely at fault.  Your beef is with them.

I'm going to agree with tito. Having done business with NothinG before, I have no reason to doubt his trustworthiness. He passed up multiple opportunities to make off with far more than what you have. Also, large font makes people more convincing.

Please keep sizes reasonable.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: