Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
nocab72

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 03:59:35 AM

Like any good portfolio, you shouldn't have all your eggs in one basket, currently my farm is split as follows:  108Th SHA265, 9.15Gh X11, 36 x 1070GTX's

w/cryptocoin holdings, 35% BTC, 40% ETH, 25% other ALTs

I recommend everyone diversity, this is no different than investing in stocks, precious metals, real estate, etc.  Be smart, diversity and HODL!

Mining4Bacon

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TunerDude007

Activity: 458
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:25:10 AM

I did talk to them tonight and although I wasn't really too satisfied with the answers I got I have a slightly better indication of what is going on now. I believe, based on me pressing him pretty hard, that there will be a new batch that is available for us to purchase. That being said don't quote me on that since he was still rather vague. He said that they literally cannot keep up with the demand for the units due to the explosion of the price of Dash. As far as building a GPU rig and comparing it to the Baikal Mini.... That is like comparing apples to oranges. Different algorithms and currencies hash at drastically different rates and also GPU rigs are far more difficult than the plug and play nature of ASICS.

Thx for reply...I was just trying to get a rough idea...would I need 10 of the higher end gpu's to achieve 150 mg/h. I know it likely sounds nuts what I'm asking...nevertheless I'm searching and reading as I'm posting this.

You could build a 5-6 GPU system that would get you 150mh/s mining on the Ethereum network. X11 isn't as efficient on GPU as Digger Hashimoto, you'd be much better off mining ETH and converting through NH an exchange to get your Dash. Keep in mind that system may run ~1200w, a far cry from Baikal's amazing wattage.

Thank you for sharing!! Smiley

To add to that I think that Ethereum and Zcash are your best bets right now for GPU mining. I would used RX 480's for Ethereum and probably GTX 1070's for Zcash mining.

Thank you for sharing
GabryRox

Activity: 600
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 04:32:59 AM

I will share my relatively new experience with Baikal.  I apparently got one of the last Mini's they released... ordered about 3.5 weeks ago and it's been up and running perfectly the past 2.5 weeks.  My ordering experience was very smooth... placed through their website, contacted via e-mail to get exact BTC amount due, paid that day (Monday) and got the Mini that Friday. After I realized how easy these things were to set up and run, I contacted them about 3 days asking to buy 2 more.  Got a response in a day saying that they were now out of Minis but could sell me a Giant for about $2,300.  I couldnt pull the trigger then but now kinda wishing i had cuz if nothing else, probably could have doubled or tripled my money by just selling it.

Anyway, since then, I have sent them about 4 email messages. They replied to the first 2 just saying they were still out stock.  I specifically asked about when they expected a new batch and what the process would be for pre-order/reserving, etc, but never got any reply to these questions.  To me, I totally get that they were caught off guard and simply cannot keep up with demand... i mean really, who could have predicted Dash up almost 10x in the less than 3 months?  But, I do think it's a bit weak that they either 1) don't have a strategy for the next batch's release or 2) have one but just don't want to share it.  I think they could score a lot of points if they just were able to provide SOME information.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 05:43:31 AM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 06:02:36 AM by QuintLeo

On a side note, I myself have never built a gpu rig but can someone who has more experience than myself chime in? Roughly how many gpu's would I need to get 150mg/h? Similar to the baikal mini?

Thanks man.....I'm going to start looking at other avenues...Dash price is too high not to start exploring, and sourcing out used parts in my local craigslist.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/8526-mining-performance-of-gtx-1080-ti-with-ccminer-2-0-rc2/

So 7 of the GTX 1080 ti will pull close to 150 MH/s - but at 1750 watts JUST for the cards, figure close to 2KW for an entire single rig if you can get all 7 running on one rig.

There's also the issue that the 1080 ti is ONLY available in founders edition (so far), at a significant premium on price, and VERY limited availability - and running the calculation for 7 or these on whattomine at the stated figures in the post show them LOSING MONEY if you have to pay more than 1c/kwh on your electric.

On the other hand, this is actually PROFITABLE up to about 10c/kwh electric - but nowhere near as profitable as mining ETH would be on those cards, much less something they're GOOD at like lyra2r2.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 01:37:20 PM

On a side note, I myself have never built a gpu rig but can someone who has more experience than myself chime in? Roughly how many gpu's would I need to get 150mg/h? Similar to the baikal mini?

Thanks man.....I'm going to start looking at other avenues...Dash price is too high not to start exploring, and sourcing out used parts in my local craigslist.

http://cryptomining-blog.com/8526-mining-performance-of-gtx-1080-ti-with-ccminer-2-0-rc2/

So 7 of the GTX 1080 ti will pull close to 150 MH/s - but at 1750 watts JUST for the cards, figure close to 2KW for an entire single rig if you can get all 7 running on one rig.

There's also the issue that the 1080 ti is ONLY available in founders edition (so far), at a significant premium on price, and VERY limited availability - and running the calculation for 7 or these on whattomine at the stated figures in the post show them LOSING MONEY if you have to pay more than 1c/kwh on your electric.

On the other hand, this is actually PROFITABLE up to about 10c/kwh electric - but nowhere near as profitable as mining ETH would be on those cards, much less something they're GOOD at like lyra2r2.

I wouldn't use the 1080's but rather the 1070's... You can pull about 420 S/s per card for zcash and for a 6 card rig you could get the wattage down to about 1000 in total if you configure it properly. ROI on one of these rigs would be 6-8 months dependent upon price but at least you can purchase all of the parts anytime you wish unlike with Baikal right now.
nocab72

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 02:08:42 PM

I wouldn't use the 1080's but rather the 1070's... You can pull about 420 S/s per card for zcash and for a 6 card rig you could get the wattage down to about 1000 in total if you configure it properly. ROI on one of these rigs would be 6-8 months dependent upon price but at least you can purchase all of the parts anytime you wish unlike with Baikal right now.

I concur - 1070's are the sweet spot for power/hash/cost efficiency today; with only one except.   AMD RX470/480 beat the 1070 for ETH/ETC ... 1070's win for pretty much every other GPU algo.

Mining4Bacon

TunerDude007

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:16:39 PM

I concur - 1070's are the sweet spot for power/hash/cost efficiency today; with only one except.   AMD RX470/480 beat the 1070 for ETH/ETC ... 1070's win for pretty much every other GPU algo.

Mining4Bacon

Thanks for all this info guys....I'm trying to find that sweet spot where a gpu is good for eth, xmr, zcash and maybe X11...I'm reading a lot of good things on rx 480's, now I need to decide on MSI red's, sapphire....4b or 8gb....lol....gotta love mining... Smiley oh, I should mention electricity is included in my rent, so consumption is not toooo much of a worry... Smiley
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:20:19 PM

haha nice, power included in rent.......

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
TunerDude007

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:25:13 PM

haha nice, power included in rent.......

Yes in fact I purposely moved here back in the S3 days. Older apartment building without individual meters with electric baseboard heaters in each unit, so the building is a huge power sucker to begin with.....works in my favor Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:26:31 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2017, 08:00:55 PM by Amph

when dash eventally dumps bikal will come crying back
to the customers they are spurning now and offer u dusty used
miners for full price lool

always happens , never fails asic miners love to bite the hand that feeds them
ill atick to gpu mining thank you, but ill have my popcord ready

with current profitability i can roi in two months, that is a bargian, by the time dash is dumped i roied already on my a-900 giant

nothing can roi in two months at the moment...
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 07:31:38 PM

since there is no availability for this, it can be good to consider selling them for more than the original price, like 5 btc, i was thinking about this possibility after all they are making nearly 0.03 per day...

i have gone ahead and made my 4 giants available for purchase at about 5 btc, 2 are already reserved. thanks Smiley
TunerDude007

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:38:13 PM

since there is no availability for this, it can be good to consider selling them for more than the original price, like 5 btc, i was thinking about this possibility after all they are making nearly 0.03 per day...

i have gone ahead and made my 4 giants available for purchase at about 5 btc, 2 are already reserved. thanks Smiley

5btc for the 2 remainders? if so send me a pm.
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 07:41:14 PM

to not create any confusion as my inbox is getting spammed Cheesy

5btc each

also im located in germany and im only shipping inside germany (and maybe some neighbors)

now back on topic Wink
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:03:56 AM

5btc each

also im located in germany and im only shipping inside germany (and maybe some neighbors)

now back on topic Wink

Is the United States close enough to being a neighbor for you?  Grin
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 06:57:29 AM

5btc each

now back on topic Wink

one customer handles shipping to the usa on his own via his company, but unfortunately all miners are sold already
didnt expect it to work out that fast, it only took about 1hr for all miners to be sold Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:56:40 AM

5btc each

now back on topic Wink

one customer handles shipping to the usa on his own via his company, but unfortunately all miners are sold already
didnt expect it to work out that fast, it only took about 1hr for all miners to be sold Smiley

where on ebay you are selling them?
felixbrucker

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 08:20:07 AM

5btc each

now back on topic Wink

where on ebay you are selling them?

its a germany only (afaik) local site from ebay: https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/baikal-giant-miner-a900-900mh-s-x11-x13-x14-x15-quark-qubit/621812041-168-4895
much like local newspaper ads, it doesnt take fees but customers arent protected as with ebay
baikal

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

www.baikalminer.com

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:49:36 AM

Hi,

A lot of thanks for all your attentions and cares on Baikal.

We are out of stock on three miners at the moment, But trust me I will let all of you knows as soon as here I have any news be informed from company.

If later we can accept pre-order, No doubt on me to be here and write at the firt time I got this news.

Thanks again, I hope I will be back soon with good news for you.

Baikal

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
I hope those smiling faces could make you look here, cause i realize it is hard to attract attentions without a good displaying profile image. level is not enough now...  Cry

Our cutting-edge technology creates a brighter future for you!
KingLOL

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 10:41:03 AM

but can you tell us what the problem exactly is? i have a company and and i know exactly whats going on. why dont u?

i mean its not important that you sell, its important that we know when we can buy. i think we dont need a company that helds its customers in the dark.

@ all: does the anyone know, if the baikal miners have encrypted code on them? which company can we give orders for cloning the baikal miner? i mean in china its abolutly ok to clone and its a part of market philosophy Smiley
coinzoid

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 02:23:49 PM

Like any good portfolio, you shouldn't have all your eggs in one basket, currently my farm is split as follows:  108Th SHA265, 9.15Gh X11, 36 x 1070GTX's

w/cryptocoin holdings, 35% BTC, 40% ETH, 25% other ALTs

I recommend everyone diversity, this is no different than investing in stocks, precious metals, real estate, etc.  Be smart, diversity and HODL!

Mining4Bacon

Agreed, If this would be a an expertise area, I'd say focus on one thing and be the best one. But in terms of investing, don't rely on single unit.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: