Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:21:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:33:15 PM

Trying to /SSH into the baikal 300mh cube

I get into the unit fine and the directory...but have lost all memory on how to get mining screen to come up on
such stuff via /ssh and putty

edit: by the by..my cube is hitting 310.1mh solid....what are others getting?

So the sgminer instance is running as the root user, rather than the baikal user.  You said you already attached, but I'll list the instructions for anyone that would like to give it a try.

Windows users will need to use PuTTY, and I don't have it in front of me to remember the connection dialog, Google that bit.

For Mac OS X and linux users:

Code:
ssh baikal@IPADDRESSOFMINER

The password for the baikal account is 'baikal' lower case.  If this is the first time you've connected via SSH, you will likely have to hit "Y" to the prompt to save the key fingerprint.

Since sgminer is running as root, we'll need to use sudo to run all the remaining commands.  We'll start by using the 'screen' command to find our sgminer instance:

Code:
sudo screen -list 

The screen command should show you a message similar to this:

Code:
There is a screen on:
986.sgminer (04/19/2017 07:26:17 PM) (Detached)
1 Socket in /var/run/screen/S-root.

Every instance of screen should start with a different number, followed by ".sgminer"  Mine started with 986 in the example above.  You'll need that information for the final step:

Code:
sudo screen -r 986.sgminer

This command is telling the screen program to attach to the already running instance of sgminer.

One important note!  If you kill this instance of sgminer your machine will stop mining until you reboot the device.  To exit this screen and leave sgminer running, hit Ctrl-A followed by the D key.  It should clear the screen and look something like this:

Code:
[detached from 986.sgminer]
baikal@baikal3002:~$

Have fun!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oleg326756

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:22:36 PM

Hello folks,

Those of you reading this thread and running any model of Baikal ASIC miners – would you please be so kind to share your personal recommendations on what pool it's best to mine and what algo/coin. I'm waiting for my Cube to arrive and the best idea I've got so far is to sell its hash power with X11 on NiceHash. I'm sure there are better and more profitable solutions that that, though! Please share your view and tips.

Sincerely,
Oleg
TracerX

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:26:51 PM

I just received my unit this afternoon.  It's well built, as expected.

I did notice something interesting that's a change from the minis.  The controller is now an Orange Pi Zero, which has built-in wifi.  I'll crack open the image this evening and make a pass at getting the wifi configured.  It might be a good option for people with limited space or network cabling.

TrX

edit: the SD card is also way easier to access than previous builds.
That would be amazing to use it with wifi. They have different data cable than the a900 so cant link them, too much lan cable. Can you share the image if you succeed?

I'm going to be fiddling with it today, I'll put up instructions when and if I get it working.  It's running Ubuntu, so should be simple enough to configure.

After working on this all morning, I'm afraid someone smarter than me (which is, like, 3/4th of the planet) will have to make a pass at it.  The drivers don't appear to be installed, and the Internet is packed full of people pulling their hair out trying to make the WiFi work on the Orange Pi Zero.  Since this is a "production" machine, I'm afraid to strip it down to it's nuts and bolts before I've made back my purchase investment.

Once I hit 100% ROI, I'll make a more invasive pass at it.

Cheers.

TrX
lakat

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:08:13 PM

I got today my new Baikal Cube miner.
When I deleted the default pools and add my new pool settings the miner is not starting. I was clicking the save pools button. This is on Miner Down state.
When I try restart with cgminer soft reset button I got an "Miner:111 Connecton refused" error message.

The red led on the miner is on , the blue is blinking  and the green is off state.

How can I start the miner? Is possible an HW failure?
TracerX

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:23:14 PM

When I deleted the default pools and add my new pool settings the miner is not starting. I was clicking the save pools button. This is on Miner Down state.
When I try restart with cgminer soft reset button I got an "Miner:111 Connecton refused" error message.

The red led on the miner is on , the blue is blinking  and the green is off state.

Did you remove the api-port and api-allow settings?  I imagine removing 127.0.0.1 might break things.  If all else fails, re-image your SD card and start over.

TrX
lakat

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 09:43:01 PM

Did you remove the api-port and api-allow settings?  I imagine removing 127.0.0.1 might break things.  If all else fails, re-image your SD card and start over.

TrX
I remove the api-port, this is not solved the my problem.
Where can I download the Cube SD card image?
Drawde

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:27:51 PM

TrX
I remove the api-port, this is not solved the my problem.
Where can I download the Cube SD card image?

I had a very similar problem with connection refused after I deleted their default pools and added mine. I use suprnova and wasn't sure what port to use. Suprnova does not mention port 9995 for this but it does say 80 and 443. I tried 80 but it didn't work maybe because everything was already screwed up by then so I just left the 9995 alone after recycled power. I recycled The miner since it would always say starting and no pools were showing up. When I powered the unit off and on and everything that was initially there appeared again and the miner started up OK after the power recycle. I just changed the suprnova config to use my account and been fine ever since.
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:40:48 PM

Anybody else pay for a baikal mini 300 yet never got delivery confirmation and being ignored by baikal??

I sent 0.72182 BTC  to address 1GHFCBgT9ouScAz95ERSbSpk2EKiS3RBbX within minutes after my order was confirmed. Order shows unpaid and baikal will not respond to my emails or repeated questions on skype

t.me/bitcoinasic
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Hello folks,

Those of you reading this thread and running any model of Baikal ASIC miners – would you please be so kind to share your personal recommendations on what pool it's best to mine and what algo/coin. I'm waiting for my Cube to arrive and the best idea I've got so far is to sell its hash power with X11 on NiceHash. I'm sure there are better and more profitable solutions that that, though! Please share your view and tips.

Sincerely,
Oleg

I'm mining x11 dash at suprnova but i heard https://www2.coinmine.pl/ was better for dcr and maybe dash. MUE looked the most profitable last time i checked
Drawde

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:01:13 PM

Anybody else pay for a baikal mini 300 yet never got delivery confirmation and being ignored by baikal??

I sent 0.72182 BTC  to address 1GHFCBgT9ouScAz95ERSbSpk2EKiS3RBbX within minutes after my order was confirmed. Order shows unpaid and baikal will not respond to my emails or repeated questions on skype

Did you email your payment confirmations? I sent mine right away and they asked for another copy on Skype which they accepted right away. They have been slow to answer me but stay persistent and skype during their working hours in China.
Gunna01

Activity: 306
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:01:33 PM

I sent 0.72182 BTC  to address 1GHFCBgT9ouScAz95ERSbSpk2EKiS3RBbX within minutes after my order was confirmed. Order shows unpaid and baikal will not respond to my emails or repeated questions on skype

Contact them via Skype. I received mine
Lujhtoshi

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:03:38 PM

Hello folks,

Sincerely,
Oleg

I'm mining x11 dash at suprnova but i heard https://www2.coinmine.pl/ was better for dcr and maybe dash. MUE looked the most profitable last time i checked

what do u mean as "better" for dash ?
elokk

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:06:02 PM

Did you email your payment confirmations? I sent mine right away and they asked for another copy on Skype which they accepted right away. They have been slow to answer me but stay persistent and skype during their working hours in China.

I sent tx confirmation via email as well as skype within minutes. I have sent numerous emails and skype message to the proper skype user while they are "online" but being ignored. Curious if anyone else is having this problem

t.me/bitcoinasic
Lujhtoshi

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:13:09 PM

I sent tx confirmation via email as well as skype within minutes. I have sent numerous emails and skype message to the proper skype user while they are "online" but being ignored. Curious if anyone else is having this problem

where do u have bought it ? i haven't got any problems.
elokk

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:17:04 PM

baikalminer.com

I purchased from the legit site, contacted via skype with order number, they updated my cart on the website with btc payment address, I sent coins, then sent tx confirmation via email & skype. Waited for website to update cart as paid but this never happened and they wont respond to me via email or skype. Very odd

t.me/bitcoinasic
TheFoes

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 11:19:54 PM

just reset your whole system.. turn off modem for 3min.. then do all the reconnection..

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Lujhtoshi

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:09:42 AM

baikalminer.com

I purchased from the legit site, contacted via skype with order number, they updated my cart on the website with btc payment address, I sent coins, then sent tx confirmation via email & skype. Waited for website to update cart as paid but this never happened and they wont respond to me via email or skype. Very odd

ok i've bought from another seller. But don't panic, if is legit, is just a delay Smiley . Turn off the computer,  do something else and then watch ur email.
Drawde

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:28:15 AM

Does anyone know what the private key under remote control is used for and whether any of the SGMINER options could be changed or some added to make it run faster? The manual is very bare bones and none of this information is explained and I'm kinda afraid to touch anything.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:32:41 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2017, 12:45:01 AM by not.you

baikalminer.com

That is odd.  You're the only person I have heard say this.  They are not good at returning emails from what I have seen but when I did get the skype conversation going they did respond and update my order appropriately, both when I asked for a payment address and when I sent the confirmation screen shot.  Not even sure why they need the screen shot though, they can check it out themselves.  

I did have one hiccup though, they put the wrong tracking number in my order on the website.  I contacted them in skype and told them and they responded with nothing but a smiley face emoji and then they logged off.  I sort of wondered if the person on skype didn't understand me, like maybe they didn't understand English very well or something.  The person I dealt with through skype to arrange the payments seemed to understand English well enough though so I don't know.  I imagine they are busy with a lot of interest in their hardware.

Did you by any chance try their after sales email address?  They had two different ones on the website, one for presales and one for after sales support.
Drawde

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 12:59:05 AM

Keep in mind that coinmine has a 1% fee and there is no fee for suprnova which means in our case suprnova has a 3MH/s advantage over coinmine so when you are mining at 300MH/s you are only getting paid for 297.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: