Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
molitar

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:41:09 PM

Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

3700$ for an 3300$ miner :p

actually price shows $3196 miner.  So they are really cheating. There site shows USD not China prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 05:42:16 PM

I got my cube a few days ago. Baikal's website was a nightmare to order from but they came through for me twice now.

I have a mini and a cube both hashing on a Singapore node of the Dash P2pool and I'm getting regular payment to my wallet.

I'm sorry for all the people who have had problems but for me it was all OK. I had very little confidence after my experience of ordering the cube but I have to say: you can trust Baikal if you are patient with them and use their email as much as you can when ordering.

I think the concern right now is that they are behaving out of the norm.

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

The reason they want to talk on skype is because they don't want a long dialog back and forth on email.

My first cube order was done all on email, because my account never got verified on their website. It all worked out.
This time (30min after FB ad/release) I contacted them on the same email regarding the quad cube. They told me to talk to them on skype (to avoid dialog via email).
I then told them what I wanted on skype, and they gave me a "template" (quantity, payment method, address and phone#) they wanted me to "fill in" and send them on email to get an exact quote.
They then gave me a price based on the chinese btc price. 1 BTC = 7300 CNY = 1060USD/BTC.
I paid, and they told me they will send my unit during the second week of May.

Is it really that fishy? Am I being naive? xD

Can you screenshot your conversation if not here then send me a PM? I am curious and just want to see if they line up.

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
cryptotore

Activity: 324

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:42:22 PM

Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

actually price shows $3196 miner.  So they are really cheating. There site shows USD not China prices.
That was with shipping tho!
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:47:17 PM

$400 for shipping is pretty insane though.  Those cubes are light so a tower of 4 of them would not be very heavy.  You can get an antminer, which is heavy, shipped from china for less than $100.

SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:49:43 PM

$400 for shipment?? Really?! I didn't know that
molitar

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 05:50:19 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2017, 06:01:22 PM by molitar

Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

actually price shows $3196 miner.  So they are really cheating. There site shows USD not China prices.
That was with shipping tho!

Wow.. $100 shipping that better not be 20 day shipping. I get products ordered from China all the time for Drone stuff and it is pretty cheap from Banggood.  A 10KG package for 5-8 day shipping is $29.00 and $5.80 for shipping.  It seems this company hates American's and wants to cheat them as much as possible.

Not using the USD value for BTC or Dash coins to buy unit so they can charge a lot more for unit.
Charging 3 times the cost of expedited shipping.

Does anyone know of any sites that legitimately sold them before they sold out besides Baikalminer?

It better be a scam because in USD that is only around 2.3 coins total.

If you actually pay there scam price you are paying at least $1100 for a single cube before shipping.  The ROI is gone it will take you 177 Days to ROI at $1100 not including shipping if the coin remains at current value.. It already dropped once quite a bit.
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 05:50:54 PM

$400 for shipment?? Really?! I didn't know that

That has a to be a scam or otherwise they can fuckoff that's ridiculous

these dont even include PSU correct? or do they?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:37:56 PM

Am I reading you all correctly and Baikalminer is fucking everyone out of an extra $400 for an $799 miner?  WTF?  They need to go put real USD prices on site than and not lie about it.

Well if it was 52 bucks for a cube 2 day mail. Maybe that was some of that...postage I mean

Still a cluster. But what came to mind

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Chan8

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:39:10 PM

anyone else had this issue with past purchases from Baikal? the mark up price for paying with btc?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:42:18 PM

$400 for shipping is pretty insane though.  Those cubes are light so a tower of 4 of them would not be very heavy.  You can get an antminer, which is heavy, shipped from china for less than $100.

Again 2nd day air a cube was 52 usd to USA so it $400 is 2x that for 4 cubes.  Weird

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Chan8

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:46:43 PM

I got my cube a few days ago. Baikal's website was a nightmare to order from but they came through for me twice now.

I have a mini and a cube both hashing on a Singapore node of the Dash P2pool and I'm getting regular payment to my wallet.

I'm sorry for all the people who have had problems but for me it was all OK. I had very little confidence after my experience of ordering the cube but I have to say: you can trust Baikal if you are patient with them and use their email as much as you can when ordering.

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

The reason they want to talk on skype is because they don't want a long dialog back and forth on email.

My first cube order was done all on email, because my account never got verified on their website. It all worked out.
This time (30min after FB ad/release) I contacted them on the same email regarding the quad cube. They told me to talk to them on skype (to avoid dialog via email).
I then told them what I wanted on skype, and they gave me a "template" (quantity, payment method, address and phone#) they wanted me to "fill in" and send them on email to get an exact quote.
They then gave me a price based on the chinese btc price. 1 BTC = 7300 CNY = 1060USD/BTC.

Edit: I got fucked, didn't I?

I meant this post..

anyone else had this issue with past purchases? the mark up for paying with btc and cny exchange rate?
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 06:54:21 PM

Ordering through email or skype not the website.  Also, I got an email saying order through skype and others who skype getting a message saying order through email.

Edit: I got fucked, didn't I?

I meant this post..

anyone else had this issue with past purchases? the mark up for paying with btc and cny exchange rate?

How have most paid for their miners? bank wire? BTC? I assumed BTC would be the quickest and most cost effective way to do business with them?

coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:01:39 PM

I'm sorry to see people having issues, I hope it all gets sorted out soon.  Seems like a pretty good miner and I'd like to get one, but the website always showed them out of stock.  I wasn't even aware they were asking people to use email / skype...I'll just hold off until the website is fixed and they have inventory again.
Oleg326756

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:06:36 PM

If you actually pay there scam price you are paying at least $1100 for a single cube before shipping.  The ROI is gone it will take you 177 Days to ROI at $1100 not including shipping if the coin remains at current value.. It already dropped once quite a bit.
Excuse me, I am not following. How's that $1100 for a single Cube before shipping? When I ordered my Cube from Baikal (yes, also via email, not via the website) last week, I paid $799 for the machine itself plus $50 for the Express shipment with DHL from China to Sweden. The Cube was shipped the next day (Friday) and arrived at my place on Monday. I paid with BTC, BTC0.7383 altogether.

I am not saying that the current situation is the same as it was last week, when I ordered. Reading all the stories that people share about the weirdness of their Skype communication, non-responsive email address, etc, makes me extremely concerned. I wanted to order another Cube after I had received my first one, but I don't dare to do it now, under the current circumstances.

But I want to understand the line of reasoning that you used when you said you would be paying $1100 for a single Cube. Thank you in advance!
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 07:08:05 PM

I'm sorry to see people having issues, I hope it all gets sorted out soon.  Seems like a pretty good miner and I'd like to get one, but the website always showed them out of stock.  I wasn't even aware they were asking people to use email / skype...I'll just hold off until the website is fixed and they have inventory again.

My first orders for minis and giants were done completely via email.  When I ordered my cube they had me place my order on the website, then I confirmed shipping info and arranged payment (in BTC) via email.  The website is pretty rough, it always always redirects me to the mobile version.  I have to remove the "/mobile/" from the URL before it will even let me log in.

As has been discussed before, I believe this operation is ran by a few individuals.  Hopefully the payment and inventory system gets an update soon.

Website complaints aside, my early units have been running for six months or so without a single issue.

TrX
SplinterZalinsk

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:38:16 PM

Just try to send them an email, anything (to official email: baikal@baikalminer.com) and see what happens...  Undecided Huh
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:50:59 PM

Just try to send them an email, anything (to official email: baikal@baikalminer.com) and see what happens...  Undecided Huh

For what it's worth the support address doesn't bounce.  But if they were going to get rid of the baikal address on purpose why not remove it from the website?  They took the time to add the quad cube miner to the website, would have been no additional effort to remove reference to the baikal address.
baskanx

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 08:56:11 PM

Now we are accepting the pre-order of new product Quad-cube , details for pre-order please refer to below information:
1)   Price: USD3196/unit.
2)   Delivery time: the second week of May.
3)   Payment term: 100% payment in advance.
4)   Payment method: US dollar and BTC.
Please let us know if you are interested.
SplinterZalinsk

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:01:42 PM

Just try to send them an email, anything (to official email: baikal@baikalminer.com) and see what happens...  Undecided Huh

For what it's worth the support address doesn't bounce.  But if they were going to get rid of the baikal address on purpose why not remove it from the website?  They took the time to add the quad cube miner to the website, would have been no additional effort to remove reference to the baikal address.

Another thing that shook my confidence in sending btc to them: The official skype guy (baikalminer) told me 2 days ago that there is no limit on how many cube I could buy... so I thought ... "how strange that"! When I tried to put more than 1 unit in the cart, a message appeared saying that the limit was 1 unit per purchase. Then I questioned him about it and he stopped answering me.  Lips sealed
SplinterZalinsk

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 09:08:51 PM

Now we are accepting the pre-order of new product Quad-cube , details for pre-order please refer to below information:
1)   Price: USD3196/unit.
2)   Delivery time: the second week of May.
3)   Payment term: 100% payment in advance.
4)   Payment method: US dollar and BTC.
Please let us know if you are interested.

Yes, I got this on skype yesterday and I'm thanking myself for not sending anything... I'm not saying it's a scam, but I would be really desperate because that money is part of my life savings. I can't even imagine my despair if I did not get any response today (via skype or email), one day after the purchase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: