Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:29:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace  (Read 85694 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:33:28 AM

How can I get my partcl coins out of particl.io site? Already downloaded qt and download chain 100%. Done those setups on particl.io site but there is no withdrawal button anywhere.

Follow this:
https://i.imgur.com/y6HqjIg.png

Post-genesis
So, you gave us your PART address post-genesis, depending on when you completed the steps the PART could have already been sent. We distribute PART every Wednesday. Easiest way to check is to use the blockchain explorer here https://explorer.particl.io/

Pre-genesis
So, you setup your wallet pre-genesis, that means your PART are already waiting for you.  First things first, lets verify that you have the correct recovery phrase and passphrase (if set). Please follow the steps in this article https://particl.news/guide-how-to-verify-your-particl-wallet-recovery-7ef91d435a19

Any problems get on riot/telegram for help.  Links at bottom of particl.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nimelo

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2017, 11:35:20 AM

Another graphic comparing Phore, Particl, Monero, Zcash, Dash, Pivx

LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:49:29 PM

Batistuta80

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 12:22:03 PM

Hi, I've bought some PART and set up cold staking on a Raspberry Pi as per the guide. I know that it was stated that the syncing process could take weeks but after about 5 days the cold staking progress is 0%. Is this expected behaviour? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

did you follow this guide? https://particl.news/guide-setting-up-particl-cold-staking-f5d9073bac4

did you unlock your local wallet for staking?...i missed that step initially and had the same issue as you. When setting up the local wallet for cold staking you need to unlock the wallet in two places essentially (the normal unlocking like you had to before cold staking was implemented, and the other when you click in the enable cold staking area you need to enter your wallet passphrase again)

Hi. Yes that's the guide i followed. I'm pretty sure I did but when I just tried it again the wallet 'Lock' icon became Yellow whereas previously it was Green. I will let it run and see how this goes. Thanks for the help.

no problem, yes my icon at the top is yellow also and says "Unlocked, staking only".

Hi again,

After a few days my stake progress still shows 0%. When I perform a "./partyman status" on my rpi, there are 2 lines which are red, which are:

particld port open: No
particld staking currently: No - low balance.

I have ~ 175 PART in my staking wallet.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Unless this is how it's supposed to be?

Thanks
zhugy78

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:42:54 PM

Particl trading volume has been very good recently. Some people have proved that they have heat, can hold it for a long time, and the price will not fall too low.
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:41:23 PM

hi all

interesting project!

thinking about a substantial investment in particl.

can you tell me the key difference btw. particl and sys in a few words (no coin war here pls)?

i find out there is another coin with the same or a similar name "particle" afaik.

do you have any plans to rename the project/coin in future (dont like the name particl so far, but do not like the name sys either an i'm investet there Smiley)?
at the moment there are certainly more important things to do, just want to know if the team is open minded for such an idea

who creates polls/votings?

thanks a lot and keep the work on (like the roadmap)

cryptoguard

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:13:57 AM

hi all

interesting project!

thinking about a substantial investment in particl.

can you tell me the key difference btw. particl and sys in a few words (no coin war here pls)?

i find out there is another coin with the same or a similar name "particle" afaik.

do you have any plans to rename the project/coin in future (dont like the name particl so far, but do not like the name sys either an i'm investet there Smiley)?
at the moment there are certainly more important things to do, just want to know if the team is open minded for such an idea

who creates polls/votings?

thanks a lot and keep the work on (like the roadmap)

Hello DRPD! I cannot speak too much for Syscoin, but both SYS and PART are built in different ways.

First big difference is the privacy. Particl is built from the core to be a perfectly anonymous ecommerce solution. It uses CT (Confidential Transactions, first developed by Greg Maxwell) to make sure all marketplace transactions are private by default. The Particl privacy marketplace also makes sure no metadata whatsoever can be extracted from it. On the other hand, Syscoin is not built with this in mind, and is, by default, just as public as Bitcoin transactions. I've heard they are going to use masternodes to achieve some level of private currency transactions, but Syscoin should not be considered a "privacy marketplace".

Which leads me to a second big difference between the two: the degree of decentralization. As Syscoin uses masternodes, it centralizes some of its key marketplace features into a few nodes. Another centralization issue with Syscoin is its Blockmarket market. Not only is the code closed-source (Syscoin Core is open-source though), but its governance (moderation) is done by staff of Blockchain Foundry. These two centralization issues are, in my mind, potential vulnerabilities.  Particl, on the other hand, aims to be as decentralized as possible. For one, it doesn't use masternodes as all key functions such as privacy, voting, governance and messaging are ran equally by all nodes and in a fully decentralized fashion. This may be my old school thoughts here, but I am really a privacy and decentralization guy, hence why I was so attracted by what Particl is trying to achieve.

As for data storage (listing pictures, digital content, etc), Syscoin will store them on masternodes. Particl stores them on data storage networks (DSN). A hash of all content is stored on the Particl blockchain and the actual content is encrypted and stored on DSNs such as SMSG, IPFS, HTTPs, TOR, DHTs, and etc.

Another difference is that Particl accepts almost any cryptocurrency through the use of atomic swaps and third-parties. As all marketplace transactions still need to be done using the PART coin, all incoming transactions from other currencies are automatically  converted into PART so that the marketplace can make use of its CT privacy protocol. This means that anyone from any crypto community can use their favorite coin to buy stuff on Particl, but still generate demand and buy pressure for the PART coin. This is a very good economics concept.

Other stuff I like about Particl but find lacking in Syscoin include:
- The best looking wallet in all crypto scene (really, download it and just look at this beauty! Looks are very important for customer adoption and Particl is the best of all crypto on that!)
- Passive income (I currently earn about 8-10% yearly staking rewards. That means my stash will grow 10% this year with daily payouts. It earns me enough that it pays for ALL my bills! Living the passive income life ehe! And all marketplace listing fees are redistributed to stakers as well, so as the marketplace will get more popuplar and more volume, passive income will become exponentially profitable. Why even buy coins that don't pay you to hold them lol?)
- The fact that the team is self-funded (it gets 10% of all block rewards, means the project is sustainable and will be funded forever! There's also a second crowdfund coming, meaning more money for the team to promote, market and get their product known)
- The fact that the PART coin is the best privacy coin tech-wise (Uses Monero's RingCT protocol, BTC latest (0.15.1.1) codebase, decentralized voting, passive income, etc.)

These are just my thoughts, I may get some details about Syscoin slightly inaccurate because I'm not always on their Slack but I think this comparison is fair. Syscoin is more advanced in its development stage and currently offers more features, but I believe Particl has a much more quality product. If we look forward in a year, Particl will probably have all the cool Syscoin features and some more.

If you want to do some heavy reading on Particl, read my articles on decentralize.today/@cryptoguard
Otherwise you can be on the lookout for the BitcoinWiki Particl page which is currently being written and should be up next week.

Let me just end that you can start your research on Particl by looking at its marketplace, but in the end you will realize it is much more than a marketplace. Particl is a privacy platform on which many privacy tools can be built using smart-contracts and wallet integrations. The marketplace is just one of the features, there is also anon voting, currency transactions, messaging, and in the future who knows? Maybe a DEX using its atomic swaps capabilities or a twitter-style Dapp? That's far out though, let's keep focused on the marketplace for now Smiley
cryptoguard

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:15:25 AM

Particl trading volume has been very good recently. Some people have proved that they have heat, can hold it for a long time, and the price will not fall too low.

Hopefully the weak hands are all gone! I think we can move up to 35$ before alpha of marketplace Smiley

EDIT: or at least go back to 0.002x BTC
deathdadder

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:48:42 AM

What is the staking ROI for this coin? Looks like a promising project.
Batistuta80

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:24:00 AM

Hi, I've bought some PART and set up cold staking on a Raspberry Pi as per the guide. I know that it was stated that the syncing process could take weeks but after about 5 days the cold staking progress is 0%. Is this expected behaviour? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

did you follow this guide? https://particl.news/guide-setting-up-particl-cold-staking-f5d9073bac4

did you unlock your local wallet for staking?...i missed that step initially and had the same issue as you. When setting up the local wallet for cold staking you need to unlock the wallet in two places essentially (the normal unlocking like you had to before cold staking was implemented, and the other when you click in the enable cold staking area you need to enter your wallet passphrase again)

Hi. Yes that's the guide i followed. I'm pretty sure I did but when I just tried it again the wallet 'Lock' icon became Yellow whereas previously it was Green. I will let it run and see how this goes. Thanks for the help.

no problem, yes my icon at the top is yellow also and says "Unlocked, staking only".

Hi again,

After a few days my stake progress still shows 0%. When I perform a "./partyman status" on my rpi, there are 2 lines which are red, which are:

Thanks

Hi. Could anyone assist me on this issue? Really at my wit's end here. Thanks
Wh1teKn1ght

Activity: 339
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 06:27:53 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2017, 07:00:00 PM by Wh1teKn1ght

Hi again,

Thanks

Is your local wallet unlocked for staking (yellow lock icon) and is the cold staking enabled in the local wallet also?

Also, i'm not using partyman anymore....what is shown when you enter:
 sudo ./particl-cli getstakinginfo

My shows the following for the first three lines:
 "enabled": 1,
  "staking": 1,
  "errors": "",

I never had to open any special ports either for the daemon.

My particl.conf shows the following:
rpcuser (with random characters - don't post this in the forum)
rpcpassword (with random characters - don't post this in the forum)
daemon=1

Also, i get the following with the sudo ./particl-cli getinfo command:
"version": 15010001,
  "protocolversion": 90006,
  "walletversion": 60000,
  "total_balance": 0.00000000,
  "balance": 0.00000000,
  "moneysupply": 8811408.35251118,
  "blocks": 106748,
  "timeoffset": 0,
  "connections": 122,
  "proxy": "",
  "difficulty": 730088.8664478936,
  "testnet": false,
  "keypoololdest": 1510690816,
  "keypoolsize": 5,
  "paytxfee": 0.00000000,
  "relayfee": 0.00001000,
  "errors": ""

Keep in mind, these commands would need to be run in the directory where particld, particl-cli reside (not in the partyman directory)
nimelo

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 07:01:51 AM

What is the staking ROI for this coin? Looks like a promising project.

This interest is set like this:

1st year – 5%
2nd year – 4%
3rd year – 3%
4th year onwards – 2%

Although the returns are actually higher because not everyone stakes

Staking calculator on here: https://particl.wiki/staking

Laamadeus

Activity: 453
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:13:10 PM

How can I get my partcl coins out of particl.io site? Already downloaded qt and download chain 100%. Done those setups on particl.io site but there is no withdrawal button anywhere.

Follow this:
https://i.imgur.com/y6HqjIg.png

Post-genesis
So, you gave us your PART address post-genesis, depending on when you completed the steps the PART could have already been sent. We distribute PART every Wednesday. Easiest way to check is to use the blockchain explorer here https://explorer.particl.io/

Pre-genesis
So, you setup your wallet pre-genesis, that means your PART are already waiting for you.  First things first, lets verify that you have the correct recovery phrase and passphrase (if set). Please follow the steps in this article https://particl.news/guide-how-to-verify-your-particl-wallet-recovery-7ef91d435a19

Any problems get on riot/telegram for help.  Links at bottom of particl.io

Thanks. I just check my wallet and there they already were Smiley Long time shadowcoiner here!

██
██
██
1st Stake
Android Wallet
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Transfercoin
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄
          ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       ▄█▀▀▄▄█████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀█████▄▄▀▀█▄
     ▄█▀ ▄████▀▀▀ ▄███████▄ ▀▀▀████▄▀▀█▄
   ▄█▀ ▄███▀  ▄██ █████████ ██▄  ▀███▄ ▀█▄
  ▄█ ▄███▀ ▄████▀ ▀███████▀ ▀████▄ ▀███▄ █▄
 ▄█ ▄███  ████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀████  ███▄ █▄
▄█ ▄███  ███▀                   ▀███  ███▄ █▄
██ ███  ███▀                     ▀███  ███ ██
██ ███  ███                       ███  ███ ██
██ ███  ▄▄▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███ ██
██ ██ ▄███████▄               ▄███████▄ ██ ██
▀█ ▀█ █████████               █████████ █▀ █▀
 ▀█ █ ▀███████▀               ▀███████▀ █ █▀
  █▄ ▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄██▄▄       ▄▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀ ▄█
   ▀█▄ ▀███▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄███▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄ ▀████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████ ▄▄█▀
       ▀█▄▄▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀▄▄█▀
          ▀█▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄█▀
             ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
██
██
██
Aniallator

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 06:39:19 AM

You guys need to open a discord channel, your slack invites have reached their limit.
nimelo

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 10:17:03 AM

You guys need to open a discord channel, your slack invites have reached their limit.

Discord: https://discord.gg/YWCjFvM

Riot: https://riot.im/app/#/room/#particl:matrix.org

Alexbt

Activity: 542
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:36:14 PM

Particl welcomes Charlie Shrem to the team!

We have some exciting news to share with you as we push forward into 2018 — something that has been in the works for a while. https://particl.news/particl-welcomes-charlie-shrem-to-the-team-c849264dec7c
Batistuta80

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 06:45:11 PM

Hi again,

Thanks

Is your local wallet unlocked for staking (yellow lock icon) and is the cold staking enabled in the local wallet also?

daemon=1

Keep in mind, these commands would need to be run in the directory where particld, particl-cli reside (not in the partyman directory)

Hi, from "getstakinginfo" from my particl-cli path I get the following:
"Enabled": 1
"Staking": 0
"Cause": 'low_balance"
"Errors": ""

How can I get the staking to show "1"?

Thanks
cryptoguard

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:39:28 PM

Particl welcomes Charlie Shrem to the team!

We have some exciting news to share with you as we push forward into 2018 — something that has been in the works for a while. https://particl.news/particl-welcomes-charlie-shrem-to-the-team-c849264dec7c

Who is Charlie Shrem? He is one of the biggest Bitcoin pioneer and one of the first 10 people who ever knew what Bitcoin was! Here's a good presentation (https://youtu.be/pUCJQLpy8ms) of his story and here are two great interviews of him: one with the hilarious Max Keiser (https://youtu.be/NoFSSwNelik?t=12m48s) and one with Anna Sale (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kShkRae0kz8)
Wh1teKn1ght

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:32:47 PM

Hi again,

Thanks

daemon=1

Hi, from "getstakinginfo" from my particl-cli path I get the following:
"Enabled": 1
"Staking": 0
"Cause": 'low_balance"
"Errors": ""

How can I get the staking to show "1"?

Thanks

hmm...do you have your LOCAL wallet running and unlocked for staking only (lock icon shows as orange color and shows "unlocked staking only" if you hover over). Also, do you have LOCAL wallet unlocked for cold staking (snowflake icon at top is blue color and hover over shows "cold staking enabled"?

Have you completely followed all of the instructions in this guide?
https://particl.news/guide-setting-up-particl-cold-staking-f5d9073bac4
Wh1teKn1ght

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:52:12 AM

I moved my PART to a new address and noticed that the Cold Staking percentage went back to 0%. Is this normal behavior?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: